Patch Notes Week #17 discussion

jelom

what exactly are these drastic changes everybody is taking about? Worst thing on this patch is the same as in the last few patches, that they havent communicated it before and all players were taken by surprise.

I love that we get a promising scroll again - I really like the story, probably one of the things I love the most - we also get a new event; even so I think I wont like it, I appreciate that they try to chagne things, introduce new stuff, ...

• Like 1

Removing so much from the arena is pretty terrible, after 16 fights there's basically  no reason to fight anymore. I was actually hoping they would buff the rewards at some point since it was a lot of effort for little reward. Instead by removing even the tiny reward you got means you may as well just ignore the arena completely.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Taorin said:

Removing so much from the arena is pretty terrible, after 16 fights there's basically  no reason to fight anymore. I was actually hoping they would buff the rewards at some point since it was a lot of effort for little reward. Instead by removing even the tiny reward you got means you may as well just ignore the arena completely.

Not quite, You still have to play the arena to get mojo, which has a reward once per week. And you can always use the arena to gain experience and affection for the girls in your harem (which is, I'll grant,  a puny excuse to play). The biggest thing this does is to eliminate a player's choice on how to play and pretty much guarantees that higher level players who are active can win in daily contests, even when they mess up.

13 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

The biggest thing this does is to eliminate a player's choice on how to play and pretty much guarantees that higher level players who are active can win in daily contests, even when they mess up.

could you elaborate that argument, I dont get it. 

I don't get exactly how many Kobans is the pass for HH version of the game - 1200 or 7200? 
Also no Idea what these green orbs are for.. obviosly not event, mythic or epic pachinko orbs.. ?
And 7200 Kobans for a pass, you can't be sure you are going to complete, just to get the 2nd girl sounds worse than EP or Mythic Pachinko ways of obtaining girls.

Like with every new feature players are given new more inefficient and more expensive ways of obtaining a girl with a huge chance of not doing so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SuperTanya said:

1) I don't get exactly how many Kobans is the pass for HH version of the game - 1200 or 7200? 
2) Also no Idea what these green orbs are for.. obviosly not event, mythic or epic pachinko orbs.. ?
3) And 7200 Kobans for a pass, you can't be sure you are going to complete, just to get the 2nd girl sounds worse than EP or Mythic Pachinko ways of obtaining girls.

1) 1200 is for the Nutaku version. It is always 1/6th the amount we pay on HH.

2) Green is Great Pachinko, the one that costs ymen to play.

3) It seems as though you can pay it at any time, so don't pay until you've completed or almost completed the event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

1) Not quite, You still have to play the arena to get mojo, which has a reward once per week.
2) And you can always use the arena to gain experience and affection for the girls in your harem (which is, I'll grant,  a puny excuse to play).

1) Mojo was always a weird ToF contest. You had very little control over it. Sure it pays kobans but getting to the top surely cost more than the reward.
It IS possible that many, many people will give up on competing for this reward as the effort isn't worth it for them.  That would make it somewhat easier for those that decide to keep playing.

2) Did I misread the Patch Notes or didn't they just cancel these rewards? That's the point Taorin was trying to make.  It USED to be worth it to slog through the Arena for minimal XP BECAUSE you could advance your girls in XP & affection.

• Thanks 1

The removal of rewards from battles in Arena is a terrible decision. It seems the loss of XP for 16 battles is compensated in permanent XP reward, but what about other battles, past those 16? They seem unrewarding now.

But my main problem is that boosters as a reward got removed. And yes, I understand, that the idea is that boosters should be bought with kobans, but where am I supposed to buy them? When I need a small boost I use green boosters, but with my level I simply don't have access to them in the shop. And the cost of reset button in the booster shop to get the needed booster will nullify the potential benefit, so if you no longer hand out boosters in Arena and don't plan to give them as a reward for the boss battles in the next world, then I think you need to remove the booster shop as it is now from Market and make a new one with all 16 boosters available there for purchase, so you would be able to pick the ones you need. Obviously with limited amounts of purchases per 8hours/day/week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Where to start...

I'm intrigued by the new type of event, and I don't really mind that one of the girls is locked behind a paywall. Every pachinko girl from an event is the same, only more reasonably priced. My only concern is how reasonable will be some of the activities because, unlike others that have commented, it usually takes me two and sometimes three days to get the 16 wins of the Arena. So, if one of the misions revolves around that like the given example... well, I'm f*cked.

The income increase is completely unexpected and welcome but, does it mean that Ymens will become more important in the coming future?

The Arena bit, well, it's disappointing. The way I see it, there are other problems with the Arena that need to be fixed, like a better pairing system: I have 321K mojo points and, since I'm not a paying user, I can't "waste" the kobans earned in the game in Boosters. That shouldn't really be a problem but it is because I'm constantly paired with users with 30-40K more points than I have (I've even been paired with users with over 400k and even 500K points, for God's Sake!), making it impossible to win. At first I thought it was because I could only come every now and then and I missed the easy fights, but I've been a lot at home because of the Corona situation and I've realized that it's always the same.

In summary: new event is good, but with reserves; more money is also good; increase of XP in daily missons is once again good news, but also shocking given that you halved it not so long ago; and a useless change in the Arena.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

The removal of rewards from battles in Arena is a terrible decision. It seems the loss of XP for 16 battles is compensated in permanent XP reward, but what about other battles, past those 16? They seem unrewarding now.

FWIW, the increase in the XP reward compensates for a lot more than 16 battles; for me it's equivalent to over 60 wins (+1440 XP, compared to 22 per win until now). In addition it'll be guaranteed for every day, not randomly selected only some of the time.

1 hour ago, Eman said:

increase of XP in daily missons is once again good news

Daily arena quest, not daily missions.

but also shocking given that you halved it not so long ago

The halving that took place in September 2018...?

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

1) Mojo was always a weird ToF contest. You had very little control over it. Sure it pays kobans but getting to the top surely cost more than the reward.
It IS possible that many, many people will give up on competing for this reward as the effort isn't worth it for them.  That would make it somewhat easier for those that decide to keep playing.

2) Did I misread the Patch Notes or didn't they just cancel these rewards? That's the point Taorin was trying to make.  It USED to be worth it to slog through the Arena for minimal XP BECAUSE you could advance your girls in XP & affection.

Mojo doesn't reward kobans. Only money spent, Affection and Stat upgrades award kobans.

They removed player xp and item rewards, but your girls will still receive tiny amounts of XP & affection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual the xp removal from arena wins sucks for me, i don't know about gogeta or any other player and i don't care but it seems that they removed a feature that only a handful of players were exploiting (i mean the whales of course) because i was doing arena refreshes in pretty much three situations, either in a contest, weekly tof or if i was like 2k-4k xp away from leveling up.

I don't really care about the contest or weeky tof since the xp from arena wins doesn't matter there but i hate to see myself being like 1000 xp away from leveling up and having no way to level up right then and there even if that means paying kobans.

btw it just came to me but since they removed both the xp and the items we were getting from the arena wins shouldn't they also reduce the koban cost of refreshing from 24 kobans to something like 18 or even better 12 kobans to balance it out ??

If the reason for this specific rebalance was that some players would take (almost infinite) advantage comparing to others, it seems kind of fair (and understandable) to me.

I hadn't noticed at first, but as Pelinor and George mention above, the girls still receive their exp and affection when applicable, so at least that's something 👍

11 hours ago, Sir Fuck-a-Lot said:

What do you think about the "pass reward"? 7.200 Kobans is a lot! I think it will depend on the overall rewards and of course on the bonus girl if I will be willing to pay the bonus ...

For 7.200 Kobans you can easily buy enough Combativity refills to gather 1-2 Legendary 5* girls in the Legendary Days! If you don't already have all of them, of course! 😉

So I think for veteran players this will maybe not be a question, but players as myself who are not that advances may think hard about where they are best investing their hard earned saved Kobans ...

You can win 1 legendary with 7,2k kobans w is impossible. But agree, the paywall is unreasonably high. Unless it's a 5* legendary i don't think i'm willing to pay up this much just to enter the contest. That's ofcourse without the additional costs for arena battles and other tasks(which you might not be able to complete fast enough with just free resources). I'm playing cuntwars and this "new event" smells like  buttpass(a way to incentify even more spending of kobans for useless rewards).Yes great pachinko orbs and champion tickets are useless. Not pleased with the removal of boosters and exp from the arena. They weren't much, but accumulated over time.

• Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, Karyia a dit :

If the reason for this specific rebalance was that some players would take (almost infinite) advantage comparing to others, it seems kind of fair (and understandable) to me.

Well, I don't know exactly what happened, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if people abused the arena system by refreshing it many times with Kobans in order to get a lot of XP/money rewards (although the XP gain from arena fights was pretty low, wasn't it?), I'm pretty sure the devs could have implemented a fix that would not have ruined the feature for every single person - 99% of which did not abuse that system !

For example :

1) Make the Arena Refresh price increase every time you use it - 24 Koban the first time, then 48, then 72, then 96, and so on. They could even make it increase even faster, doubling every time, to be more dissuasive : 24/48/96/192... And then, reset the price every day, of course.

2) Drop the XP/Money/item rewards from Arena fights ONLY if you just used Kobans to refresh the list. But you gain those XP/Money/Item rewards normally if the list was automatically refreshed after 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, the devs fixed an "exploit" in the laziest, fastest, most despicable way : By making the feature useless and not worthwhile for everyone, especially people who play normally. That sucks.

• Like 2

hace 9 horas, _shal_ dijo:

Daily arena quest, not daily missions.

Ah! My bad. I confused both things.

The halving that took place in September 2018...?

It surely can't be that long... right? *Checks patch notes* Man! Time sure flies fast 😅

• Like 1

My thoughs about this patch

Adventure

• New Quest release World 13 Quest 12 “The Final Guardian?”:  Be ready for secrets to be revealed in...a maid cafe… More content for the story is always welcomed 👍

New type of Event

Path of Attraction

• Path of attraction  will be a bit different than the usual events:
    • There won’t be any Daily missions to complete, Event Pachinko or girls drops from the Villains Replacing a revival event, it will give some days to get permanent tier 1, 2 and 3 left from villains.👍 no daily mission = less kobans 👎 and we will have only two girls instead of 6 in a revival although usually less for veteran players who got some of them before.
    • The event will start on 24.04.2020 and will last 5 days.
  • Complete objectives and receive rewards for each completed objective
    • The objectives have to be finished in the listed order, meaning you can’t progress to objective number 5 if you haven’t completed objective 1. Time could be a constraint as the objectives are sequential, but with a bit of organization should be no problem.
  • Objective example “Win 10 PvP performances or spend X amount of ¥mens” those are two possible objectives, but if it refers to the objective shown in the previous image in the patch notes it should say "Win 10 combativity by spending X amount of Ymens"

Are the objectives doable in 5 days? In my opinion, yes. In total you have to get (acording to test server): 55 wins in arena or league, sell 40 items (boosters, books affection or gear?), finish top 20 in a contest, spend money (15000 Ymens x player level), 90 wins with villains, spend 15 tickets with champions, give 10000 xp to the girls.

• Rewards 
  • The rewards are separated into two types:
    • Free rewards, which are available to everyone, with the final 10th reward being an exclusive event Girl Getting a girls withiout spending kobans 👍
    • Pass reward, will available to players who purchase the bonus Pass reward (1200/7200 kobans) doubling the rewards and a second event girl after completing all the objectives 7200 kobans for a girl could seem too high compared with EPx10 cost, but this includes doubling combativity, energy, tickets, money and GP orbs rewards, so discounting the cost of those it is almost equivalent to EPx10. And you can delay claiming the rewards until you have finished all objectives and only then buying the Pass for the second girl, if you are unsure to finish them all in time.
    • The objectives need to be completed only once in order to get both Free and Pass rewards
  • Due to player feedback objective “Finish in top 10 in a Contest”  has been changed to “Finish in top 20 in a Contest” This guarantees that at least 40% of the players will be able to complete this objective.  👍 As @Chthugha said in other thread you can save one top 20 contest reward from another day to use in this objective, I cannot see a player who is not able to get a top 20 at least once a month.
  • Path of attraction girls 
    • Louise also known as Bunny's Mother can’t get enough of you
    • A new challenger milf has appeared! The power loving Lupa’s mother!
    • Both of them  will show you how things were done back in their days. Both girls seems good to me.

We still have to play this new event for the first time, but my first impression is not bad.

Balance updates 

• Some balance updates have been made in the Arena, PvP, Daily quests and Girl income timer.

Arena PvP and Daily Quest:

• XP, ¥mens, Booster/Gift rewards from the Arena performances will be removed. I would have understood removing or downgrading some of the rewards, but not all (girls affection and XP remains). There is no substitute in the game for the common/rare/epic boosters except in market but at a cost in kobans. 👎 if they make a villain drop those boosters i wouldn't complain.
  • Improved Combativity or Book, or Gift as a first reward in Daily Quest Combativity changed from 2 to 3
  • Doubled XP in the Daily Quest and moved as a guaranteed second reward It balances the XP lost from arena performances. XP increase equals to more than 60 wins in arena. 👍
  • Last reward in Daily Quest stays the same (x1 mythic orb) . No change, I would prefer epic orbs but it is good as it is

Girls income timers:

• Grades 3, 4 and 5 have higher timers for collection (between 2 and 8 hours). Income per hour will not be changed. The best part of the new patch. Short timers for money collection has been and old complaint from many players. This will greatly increase the money income and will give more time between recollections. Will balance the money lost from Arena.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 10

Thanks, I hate it.

But the only reason I hate it is because I troll the forums and this STILL surprised me.  Kinkoid does not give any obvious notice of changes even to the point that they changed the April 2020 calendar and changing when it was supposed to go down.  They even forgot to change the text to match the new calendar.

This behavior is what makes me lose confidence that they know what they're doing.  They want more money, I get it, but battle passes take passion out of a game for the look at me approach.  Which doesn't work well in a game where its all about gacha girls and who you want in your harem.

Yeah, I gladly pay money for this game, but this?  This is a gut punch because this comes right on the heels of an event that costs you 20-26k kobans.  It's bad practice and leaves the customers pissed because the game is changing so drastically without knowing why, when or how beyond a two day notice.  This is a long form game, yet they expect short term notice to be ok?

I love having my gold membership at over 100 days, but this is making me kind of pissed tbh.

Edited by dd089966
added link so people can verify
  • Like 1

The main issue with the arena change is that after the 16 first wins of the day (for the daily arena quest), arena is now completely useless except:

1. Every few days or so when you level up and need to keep your battle team up to date;
  2. For daily contests that include "win arena fights" as the criteria to earn points;
  3. During the new Path of Attraction event to complete the challenges that require a certain number of PvP wins.

The above is still relevant, but beyond that, it means that on most days of the month, once you've finished your 16-win quest for the arena, you can forget about it for the rest of the day. Since the arena was the main incentive to keep the game open and check it regularly, along with collecting cash from your harem (which has been slowed down in the same patch), this will make playing the game a fair bit more casual on a daily basis, for better or for worse. Basically, the very active players who used to do dozens of arena fights a day will lose the tiny edge it gave them over those who just log in a few times a day. Again, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, and I can see it both ways.

Losing any chance to grab random free boosters (besides the MP free spins, but those are legendaries and you only get so many orbs and free spins) definitely sucks, though.

As for PoA itself, I'm also glad that Kinkoid are trying new things more and more lately, even when some of those things aren't to my liking (they completely lost me as a player for Hentai Clicker with their puzzle garbage, for instance, but that's okay). This particular one seems pretty interesting, and very different in gameplay from any event format we've had so far. The Free Path is obviously awesome, the 7200 Koban Path seems really expensive and kinda feels bad for F2P and budget players, even though at the end of the day, it doesn't change the status quo: players with tons of kobans always had an edge over those with a tight budget. This just makes it a bit more apparent and it's a bit blunt compared to having pachinko exclusive girls and other things that favor paying players overall.

Beyond that, I feel that there's been a rather strong trend towards requiring more and more koban spending to keep up with the events over the past few months. The 12-day monthly event used to be a time to relax and recharge your batteries (ie stock up on free kobans) while earning a couple of girls; with the new format, on average you need to spend kobans to get all the girls in those events, now, and typically at least enough kobans to barely break even, so you can't count on it to spare kobans, unless you give up on a girl or two every time. Having an Orgy Days event every month, and bigger and bigger ones too, is great, but also requires more kobans, at least for non-veteran players. Now, we see more new event formats pop up like Foreplay and PoA that are among the most expensive we've ever seen IF you aim for more than what you can grab without spending (eg one girl at most, but more likely 2/3rd of a girl during Foreplay; 1 guaranteed girl and some nice bonuses along the way for PoA). It'd be nice if a little more breathing room was introduced in the calendar in the future, otherwise we'll just have to skip one or more events a month to keep any koban reserve at all (without throwing real money, or being among the 0.1% at the top of D3).

• Like 6

@jelom thanks for the detailed explanation (well, opinion). I agree with you in most of your reasoning. The biggest potential problem I see is the lack of non-legendary boosters which sometimes dropped in arena, as they could be quite useful. As you pointed out, they could make a villain drop them form now on, but I'm not sure how they could implement this. In fact, some time ago I was expecting for a villain (new or old) to start dropping boosters... I hope they find a new way to obtain those boosters in the game. Let's see how things turn out.

As for the Path of Attraction, I'm eager to see the missions and the rewards. The order of the missions will be very important, since, for example, getting 90 wins over villains wouldn't be too difficult over the course of 5 days, but if it's one the last missions... I hope the order is reasonable. Anyway, it might take a time to get used to this event.

IMO, all these new things at the same time can be a bit confusing, and probably not all of them will be well received, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Let's see what happens :)

12 hours ago, _shal_ said:

FWIW, the increase in the XP reward compensates for a lot more than 16 battles; for me it's equivalent to over 60 wins (+1440 XP, compared to 22 per win until now). In addition it'll be guaranteed for every day, not randomly selected only some of the time.

You're correct, but I'm talking about difference and not the amount of XP. Before the patch, everyone who was doing more than 16 battles were getting additional XP. Now everyone getting that XP in just 16 battles. So now those who will do more then 16 battles will not get anything valuable from it and I think that's not cool. XP was a simple and small reward, but a a pretty valuable one. XP and money wasn't that big, but now the battles after those 16 wins feel very empty and unrewarding. I don't get any sense of pride and accomplishment from them.

18 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

I can only hope that the people who did spend money in this game are not too upset by the changes.  And IF they are, maybe the "whales" will do something to try to get the developers to undo any shyte changes they made.

What qualifies you to be a whale? Players who are at level 400 +, or players who spend a lot of real money?

3 hours ago, Andy86 said:

As for the Path of Attraction, I'm eager to see the missions and the rewards. The order of the missions will be very important, since, for example, getting 90 wins over villains wouldn't be too difficult over the course of 5 days, but if it's one the last missions... I hope the order is reasonable. Anyway, it might take a time to get used to this event.

here is a screenshot of the missions in the test server the past week (see screenshot in the spoiler)

• Thanks 1