[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

I probably could go for that extra route for Salem and the other girl, but I spent a bit of Kobans to get Darla... so... again with my previous. I'm burnt out and now just trying to save up my Kobans for the next legendary girl that may come about. Hopefully Valentina. Was literally at 99 shards with her before the event ran out of time.

4 hours ago, Redbeard said:

My major problem with this type of event is this.  It forces me to play in a certain way not just for this event but, in the other events as well. ...  

It is besides the point of being able to finish the event or not.  The game becomes a lot less fun if I am forced to play in a certain way or style in order to participate in all the events in the game.  I think I will finish this event with no Kobans spent on the tasks. ... it has not been fun.  

This.

There's also no alternatives. Usually, you get to decide what/when to do (when applicable).

Additionally, getting the girls depended only on us. No longer.

Now we even compete between ourselves just to do a/several task(s) in order to get one (regular) girl. Wars indeed.

It's not that it's not doable... it's the volume that is (in this design) overwhelming. 

Those last tasks are (to me) quite unbearable, I can't see the point in them, since I'm getting exactly the same I already did but ok. Extra costs more.

But the fun factor is totally sucked away well before the end of the event.  

Nevermind that it's 2 (available) girls in 7 days. If I may suggest, I'd prefer/suggest softer tasks for a shorter period, or as said before, do this across other events. 

Anyway, I'm trying to get there without using kobans, which for me and given the current design, is the main goal to achieve.

Also, I'm not against the idea in itself but it's a huge minus for me, that I just can't play how I usually do without being penalized somehow, without having something else to do, if I could choose not to participate.

And yes, I'm f2p too and I think this is achievable/doable either way. The experience/fun you get from it is another matter.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pop said:

... the part I don't understand at all is why the tasks can't be completed simultaneously instead of one at a time, I think that would change the attitude towards the things you have to do, ...

The purpose of a "sequence" event is to have people use strategies different from the strategies you would use in a "pile up" type of event.   Sequential will both require a bit of hoarding and is intentionally harder, requiring careful planning during the event.

Edited by ali-n
clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

il y a 3 minutes, ali-n a dit :

The purpose of a "sequence" event is to have people use strategies different from the strategies you would use in a "pile up" type of event.   Sequential will both require a bit of hoarding and is intentionally harder, requiring careful planning during the event.

To be honest, assuming you have the necessary resources (tickets etc), this event mainly requires you to be in front of the game every 15 (for champions) or 30 minutes (for Arena fights) if you want to have enough time to complete all the tasks in time. Not much planning involved.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Darsca said:

Ugh. This thread is on fire. Welp, nothing to do but pour on kerosene.

I'll preface this by saying I'm playing with a high level (423) account and a mid(?) level (238) account. Both have bought the 2nd path unlock at the start. The high level because it garners plenty of Kobans from D3 and the mid level because I was extremely fortunate and got a 100 drop on Levitya, so I suddenly had a bunch more Kobans to play around with there.

At the outset, the only task which really looks like it's really gonna be a pain in the arse is the 2nd Champion ticket performance one. I stocked up on Legendary Days with tickets so both went in with around 40 tickets, plus will be getting 60 from rewards. Just 20 to make up; that's doable in a couple of days. So not too bad for me.

However, there's two reasons this one sticks out to me like a sore thumb compared to the rest, both of which have been outlined by others already.

- Newer players with not enough Champions unlocked that require lots of challenges to beat are going to run foul of the 24 hour cooldown. I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem for the mid level account; it has 4 Champions unlocked, but none are especially challenging. It will hopefully prove to be a good benchmark of how far this ticket investment makes this challenge difficult on this particular front. High level account has all 6 pushed up to at least 8 (Romero is at 23 >.< ) so no problems there. 

- It encourages inefficient play outside of the event. The cost itself wouldn't annoy me *if it made sense to stockpile tickets in ordinary play*. It does not, however, and I'm slightly vexed by needing to spend a few days before the event just sitting on a pile of tickets.

I will point out though that some people are massively over-exaggerating by saying it would have taken them all month to have built up the necessary amount. With the previous rewards you need 90 tickets to clear the tasks if you don't unlock with Kobans. You probably want 2-3 days clear after this task for the final ones. You should be able to get 10 tickets per day through various means in the game, which means you needed to have started stocking maybe 5 days before this event started. I'm not denying that the play is still silly, but don't blow it out of proportion.

I can't see any of the other tasks proving to be major obstacles on either account, neither of which I've particularly prepped with resources for this event. This is of course subject to change and I may be overestimating how much I can gather in the 7 day time frame. I'm somewhat of the opinion though that a lot of people are simply upset that they can't log in a handful of times a day, mindlessly throw Combativity at bosses and have a girl or two at the end. Personally, I highly enjoy having something in the game which forces me to adapt to a situation and find an efficient way around a problem. Different strokes, I guess.

Wll I'm just annoyed that doing "bad" at the game will get you further in the game (like how it's better to gain as few points to the champions, but also to make sure your rank doesn't rise in pvp).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

like how it's better to gain as few points to the champions

Yes, I tried to address that with the first of the two faults I found with the ticket requirement, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough. To clarify, I agree that having to purposefully nerf yourself in a Champion fight as 'smart' play is ass-backwards.

5 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

but also to make sure your rank doesn't rise in pvp

I'm less sure what you mean here. Do you mean in league? Having to hold back from promoting in the top 15 has long been a problem with leagues. With my mid-level account I've been hanging at 16th in a league until I feel comfortable with trying for a top 4 and being strong enough to go for a top 30 in the league above. Obviously a bit of an educated guess as there's no way of fully knowing until you're there. At any rate, that's less of a 'this event' problem and more 'balance of leagues' problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darsca said:

I'm less sure what you mean here. Do you mean in league? Having to hold back from promoting in the top 15 has long been a problem with leagues. With my mid-level account I've been hanging at 16th in a league until I feel comfortable with trying for a top 4 and being strong enough to go for a top 30 in the league above. Obviously a bit of an educated guess as there's no way of fully knowing until you're there. At any rate, that's less of a 'this event' problem and more 'balance of leagues' problem.

Well it comes up with the "other" hard task for this event again: the 100 pvp wins. As this can most easily be done (normally) in league it means that if you purposedly nerfed your league level you have it again way easier.

I'm not even complaining that it's impossible for me to even dare going for the 2nd tier girls, it's the fact that not playing & doing bad yourself before an event is rewarded that is making me feel irky.

18 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

Well it comes up with the "other" hard task for this event again: the 100 pvp wins. As this can most easily be done (normally) in league it means that if you purposedly nerfed your league level you have it again way easier.

I'm not even complaining that it's impossible for me to even dare going for the 2nd tier girls, it's the fact that not playing & doing bad yourself before an event is rewarded that is making me feel irky.

While you're not strictly wrong, I don't think it's necessary to nerf yourself down into a way too easy league. Just don't be in one where you're getting curb-stomped. Also, if you have the time/inclination, building up the wins through Arena ought to be quicker, unless you're winning less than 1 fight in every 3 there.

It's what they setup with the PvP that really leaves us players 2 choices.  Either we spend a TON of real cash on the game or we purposely not play in the Tower Of Fame for weeks intentionally drop league levels hoping for easy wins.  But if too many players adopt the same strategy dropping leagues it becomes self defeating.  Then you have too many high level players in lower leagues.  Then there will be no such thing as an "easy win".  That leaves the players who spend cash.  And THAT exactly is what the developers of the game want.  More income.  That's what this will in the long term generate.

They know exactly what they are doing.

I acquired my one girl in this event and I'll be very pleasantly SHOCKED if I manage to pickup the 2nd.  The 3rd and 4th, nope, I know I'm not even trying for those.

Edited by Dr. Lust
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

14 hours ago, test_anon said:

Of course, planning before knowing the missions. xD

I planned it, I got ~50 tickets thanks to the LD, it was way more than required in the test server or the previous event and… suprize ! 120 tickets.

13 hours ago, Caradog said:

I'm a paying player - I have a platinum monthly card & I have bought more or less every single bundle the game has offered over the last couple of months - and I prepared for the event (I had 25 tickets; ~80 junk items; and several million Yhem stashed in anticipation of this event) &, barring a miracle, I will still be unable to complete the 'do 80 Champions performances' task. Structuring the event in such a way that even middling, paying players will be unable to complete the first/free pathway without paying the 7200 kobans for the second pathway* feels utterly contemptuous & if it is representative of Kinkoid's attitude towards those players who, as you rightly point out, keep the game in business then I shall have to reassess my previously favorable attitude towards making in-game purchases.

*I am discounting using Kobans to make up the tickets &, to a lesser extent, combativity shortfall as the amount required would be broadly similar to the amount needed to unlock the 2nd/bonus pathway.

same here,

i thought i prepared, had 30 or so tickets saved, saved gifts and items for sale, 

and it wont be enough to win second girl, too many tickets required, i can win the first girl, but no amount of preparing will help for second girl...

6 hours ago, Max669 said:

It's not a matter of challenge, but whatever.

Back to the subject : Without spending any koban, I unlocked the first girl, and I'm currently on my first real bottleneck, at step #10 : Defeat 100 Villains.

With 20 combativity stored, 30 points obtained as rewards from the event's previous steps and 2 obtained from yesterday's contest, I'm currently at 52/100, which means I need 48 more Villain kills. We earn one point back every 30 minutes, so this single step will take me 24 hours (a bit less if I can get a couple of points from today's contest and daily quests). It's a pretty big deal for an event that only lasts 7 days... But it still seems to be feasible. For the next steps :

- 60 PvP wins = At the very least, if I win every Arena fight : 20 arena refreshes = 10 hours (as I said before, I get owned in the Tower of Fame so I can't count on wins over there)

- 80 Champion tickets : No idea how long it will take. I have 4 Champions unlocked, and all of them currently are at the boss stage so they're hard for me to beat, which, for once, is good. If I beat Champion #4, I'll also unlock #5, which is also good. Regardless, this step will also take quite a few hours, but if all goes well, I shouldn't have any 24-hour wait on this step

- 70 PvP wins = Again, counting only on Arena fights, it will take at least nearly 12 hours.

I think I can do it... For the record, F2P player, level 240.

how can you get 80 Champion tickets, where from? how is it possible? 

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, jyepie a dit :

I had 98 tickets when the event started, so basically, I don't need any extra tickets. My only limitations for the champions are the champions themselves and their timers.

Edited by Max669
  • Like 1

hace 19 minutos, jyepie dijo:

Don't fight them at all for 3-4 weeks and contests, villains and daily missions will provide enough tickets. Also, going for the 4 girls paying the 7.2k gives you half of the amount needed, if I'm not mistaken.

In first Path of Attraction I replied to one guy who said he was being penalized for playing the game. In fact this wasn't exactly true because his concept of 'playing' was that he had a 'tactic' regarding champions which basically consisted in waiting till he could defeat them with just 2 or 3 tickets. Consequence was that he had like trillions of tikets but only 1 Champion open. I told him he was being penalized actually for not playing the game. Now I must say people who do play the game, fighting champions on a regular basis for money and equipment are being penalized

Edited by pozi
Avoid spamming with two consecutive posts
  • Like 3

Just my opinion. TLDR at bottom.

The event is a mix of good and bad.

I am F2P, L407, so end gamish. I hope I am not jinxing myself but the event is pretty easy with no koban spend required beyond the amount I spent to unlock the bonus path. 5 1/2 days to go and I have 3 1/2 tasks left.

Finally something to spend all my extra champ tickets on. I started with about 250. On normal days I get about 10 tickets but my play style means I suck up all the kobans I can, hoard them for high return (revival / orgy) events, and then blow them 1K, 5K, 10K at a time. This brings in a LOT of champ tickets. I have also finished the last story scroll so energy -> tickets there too. I only fight champs while orange boosted (about 1/3 of the time) so even farming 4 champs lets the tickets pile up.

I really like being able to pick my boss for the villian tasks. So far I have cleaned up 2 bosses where I had partial shards on their girl and started in on a 3rd. Dropping girls as a side effect of doing a task is very satisfying.

I also like the new thinking required in POA vs a regular event. A lot of the tasks are stuff you would be doing anyway, event or no. You just have to plan. Buy those stats now or wait 1 day until the spend X task is active? Do 15  league fights now or do 3 now and have 15 in the chamber when the PvP task starts in an hour. More synapses for me!

Negative: Expensive. 7200 kobans for 2 girls over 7 days? OK but not great.

Negative: I am not happy with how much play time is required. On a normal 5 day event you play say an hour or 2 a day on days 1 - 4 and an extra 2 hours at the end of day 5 spamming refills and you are done. POA has you camping on arena and champ cool-downs for hours.

Negative: The champ requirements shut out a lot of players. If you do not have 4 champs unlocked the 4 girl variant is probably out of reach.

I am conflicted about the sell X tasks. I hate having to pile up junk. Marie Kondo and I are both  appalled. On the other hand it is one of the few places in the game where cash (EPx10 spins for items to sell) can be turned fairly directly into girls.

TLDR: Event is good, not great:

• ++ use for champ tickets, pick up boss girls as side effect, having to plan
  • -- expensive, too time intensive, item clutter, need 4 champs unlocked
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

😐
2 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

That leaves the players who spend cash.  And THAT exactly is what the developers of the game want.  More income.  That's what this will in the long term generate.

I acquired my one girl in this event and I'll be very pleasantly SHOCKED if I manage to pickup the 2nd.  The 3rd and 4th, nope, I know I'm not even trying for those.

So far, they have lost income from me because of this. I downgraded my card membership from platinum to gold so I have a -20 dollar a month impact on the bottom line. Perhaps other players will pick-up the slack, but until the developers start keeping promises and listening to their fans you can expect more of this nonsense to occur.

• Thanks 2

My intention was to simply finish the "free" path without paying the kobans. The price is not even that high, the fact is that i don't have any fun, joy or satisfaction in simply "paying" to unlock stuff (thankfully the whales think differently, otherwise f2p games wouldn't even exist 😆). Too bad i just can't complete the path without bonus rewards, i don't have enough tickets. Actually even with these double rewards i still miss 15 of them (and thanks to the new shitty reset time i can't rely on contest anymore). Speaking of which, please kinkoid, remove/increase that silly soft cap at 10 tickets: when you introduced the champions feature you told us to stay below 10 in order to get the free dailies, and now you tell us to hoard them for poa events... make up your mind! :P

Anyway, i'm sorry but in my opinion this type of event sucks. I appreciate you trying to introduce something different, but i find this path of attraction tedious and bothersome. And as other said, it also forces you to do many annoying things, like nerfing yourself on purpose to avoid champions' cooldowns, losing the 3 free daily tickets, clogging up your inventory with a lot of junk to sell... Very bad design 😑

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

I think it's a classic ftp game event. Either you spend your time to get a result or money. And if you have enough "oil in your head", then the combination of both approaches can well fit into the acceptable options for both time and money.

According to my diligent estimate, 250+ player should have enough 10k gold to open the whole way and get 4 girls, which is very cheap by the standards of the game. But you will have to make an effort and calculate a strategy for 7 days of the game - somewhere to grind, somewhere to skip for a fee, somewhere to think with your head, for example, if there are few champions, you can assemble a team of girls of the first level, so that you could spend a lot of battles without sending a champion for a day's rest and so on.

And the last and, for me, the most important thing in this event. The quality of drawing the girls' poses. All four, let's just say, "my respect." And when it comes to Salem, it's just "oh, yeah, baby." So I think my efforts to get them have been well rewarded.  (There's only one thing that bothers me - the latest trend is that after a few girls of high quality there's a group of girls whose artists "painted with their feet" so the big June event makes me suspicious, but it's as they say - "let's live to see").

• Like 2

i got lola and opened all her scenes and poses,  shes pretty and sexy, but the new art style is still too clean and the faces dont have the kind of detail they used to have before, shes still pretty but the new way they do faces is too clean and the noses are off (before drawings had more detail and more shadowing)

thats the other problem with newer events, you dont even know how the art work is gonna turn out.

• Like 2

With the first Path of Attraction event, I didn't really understand two of the fight tasks and missed out on easily finishing them... but it didn't matter anyway, because those other  two Champion tasks would have tripped me up either way, and I see that's exactly how this is set up once again. So I think it's safe to say I'm going to sit out these particular events for good. I get that you have to "play a certain way" to get them done... but I have no interest in doing that. Especially when even if I did, the trend seems to be that the girls I really want are behind the pay wall side of this event, so I wouldn't get them, anyway.

To be clear, I am not going to complain or say that the event should be changed. Just that in its current form, it doesn't appeal to me. If it changes, great. If it doesn't, whatever. I genuinely feel I've collected enough different girls where even if I can't get one I want, I probably have a variant, or two or three others, that look similar enough. And I think I appreciate them more now because while some were tricky to get, none were quite this difficult to get.  A nice way to say I'm lazy, I guess. Thing is, I got over 180 girls being lazy, you can't make me work for them now. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

It's what they setup with the PvP that really leaves us players 2 choices.  Either we spend a TON of real cash on the game or we purposely not play in the Tower Of Fame for weeks intentionally drop league levels hoping for easy wins.  But if too many players adopt the same strategy dropping leagues it becomes self defeating.  Then you have too many high level players in lower leagues.  Then there will be no such thing as an "easy win".  That leaves the players who spend cash.  And THAT exactly is what the developers of the game want.  More income.  That's what this will in the long term generate.

So If I spend no money, and consistently hang out in D2, not dropping to D1, and getting pummeled back if I promote to D3 ( has happened, and now I know I can't hang there yet) I guess I have some 3rd strategy?

I feel there's a clear middle ground that many people are missing for free players who can hang in a decent league. It has to exist, as I'm doing it.

21 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It is achievable for f2p players. I have seen several f2p people on discord say they are progressing well and think they should be able to do it. Remember, f2p doesn't mean they can't save and use kobans they've earned in-game. If you're going to fix something, try and be even remotely competent about it?

I second George's opinion here.

As a F2P player, I'm progressing along fairly well.

I will note that I do have a lot of stuff stored up, ticks, low end items, etc. I haven't spent Kobans on refreshing anything.

I will also note that I'm fortunate that I have two days off from work during this event during which I can spend my free time doing the champions battles. I'll be reaching the final tier tonight or tomorrow morning.

The hardest part for me is the PvP wins. I'm getting terrible (i.e. higher rated) opponents in the Arena so most of my PvP wins comes from the Tower.

I also agree with those who spoke negatively about selling items. I don't mind spending in-game money but having to sacrifice items, especially large quantities of them, does feel like a purposeful attempt by the Devs to get us to empty our inventory. On the other hand, I'm not sure what they (the Devs) would use in place of those two tiers for challenges.

• Like 1

So far, so good. Late in day 2, and I'm on task 8: 40 PVP wins. I realized I should just collect cash & orbs as I go, so that's a modification to the plan. I did end up using the ticket reward from Tier 5, due to having awful ticket luck, and no missions giving tickets today.

Beginning to save up the tickets again. I will need them for both PoV and Alban, so it's useful. Will even get some free tickets for a change.

56 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

As a F2P player, I'm progressing along fairly well.

I will note that I do have a lot of stuff stored up, ticks, low end items, etc. I haven't spent Kobans on refreshing anything.

I will also note that I'm fortunate that I have two days off from work during this event during which I can spend my free time doing the champions battles. I'll be reaching the final tier tonight or tomorrow morning.

The hardest part for me is the PvP wins. I'm getting terrible (i.e. higher rated) opponents in the Arena so most of my PvP wins comes from the Tower.

I'm more or less like this.

But I suppose you got stuck with the villains one? Taking pretty much a whole day with that one.

Then, and since it's not in my best interest to boost right now, I'll also get another day stuck on the PVP one.

And then can't avoid being semi-stuck on the champs too, so it should be close on my case, with some pvp luck or so.

Either than that the problem is the massive volume per task and the time it takes but that's by design.

Don't plan on using any kobans, other than boosting, of course (but on my terms, not just because the "script" tells me to).

If I get there good, if not, did what I could without doing any further damage to myself.

46 minutes ago, Karyia said:

But I suppose you got stuck with the villains one? Taking pretty much a whole day with that one.

The villains wasn't that bad for me.

I had 25 battle points already in the que when it came time for the first (30 fights)

I had purchased the 7200 Koban package as I want Salem (I'm a Salem fan, what can I say?) so when it came time for the second fight, there's 70 fight points in rewards and I had another 20 saved up.

It's the PvP that takes up my time. There's 15 free fights every 8h35m in the Tower. Then there's 3 fights every 30 minutes in the Arena.

I do good in the Tower. Only had my first full loss against an opponent today. On the other hand, I'm lucky to get 1 win in the Arena per 30 minutes. I still have 10 battles to win and I've been working on them since yesterday I think? I'd like to get to the last round of PvP before the reset so I can use earned battles and then get the free refill on it. But, it all depends on how well I can get through this batch of PvP.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

It's the PvP that takes up my time. There's 15 free fights every 8h35m in the Tower. Then there's 3 fights every 30 minutes in the Arena.

I do good in the Tower. Only had my first full loss against an opponent today. On the other hand, I'm lucky to get 1 win in the Arena per 30 minutes.

when you finish the PVP task (and even while it's going on),  make sure to purposefully lose arena fights, lower your overall mojo level so you get easier fights later on for the very last task. I am right now nerfing my team, using the newest girls I got for the lvl 1-no-stars=shittiest stats so I can lose ~30 arena fights while I just unlocked the 80 champions task now, I also stopped all Tower of Fame fights, hopefully I can drop down from 6th place to 16th so I get some ez PVP fights tomorrow :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Čamuga said:

when you finish the PVP task (and even while it's going on),  make sure to purposefully lose arena fights, lower your overall mojo level so you get easier fights later on for the very last task. I am right now nerfing my team, using the newest girls I got for the lvl 1-no-stars=shittiest stats so I can lose ~30 arena fights while I just unlocked the 80 champions task now, I also stopped all Tower of Fame fights, hopefully I can drop down from 6th place to 16th so I get some ez PVP fights tomorrow

I usually do the fight them all and lose thing and it's kept me in a good loop but recently the Egos are high and the Mojo loss is low. lol

I may have to switch to an entirely different team set up to make some good losses. Though, thinking about it, I should go see what my Mojo score currently is.