daily mission redesign on its way

windia

Hi there, 

just for a quick comparison what is underway:

image.png.b8201e45c1ab7719fe18131e3f987d62.pngvs. new: image.png.e09b0ea1a469aac74f414e55ace32f0f.png

both screen capped from same very small size window

I don't understand why the "finish with kobans" button got that fat  and why all the others needed to shrink.

and the contests:

image.png.bfcd138cb095602c7a31b938dea1e83f.png vs. new image.png.40587ded08bc93aaa1619170079a702d.png

Edited by windia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My first thoughts: personally, I prefer the aesthetics of the redesign but I think the colouration of the daily missions' bars in the old design is slightly more user-friendly than the colouration of the daily missions' lettering in the new design.

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

• Like 1

I can understand the change to the colour set of the rest of the game, they are migrating the different sections to the new scheme colours of the game (BTW, I liked more the white color scheme) to be the same as the leaderboard/league/club section. The market section will probably follow through. 

But the change in the buttons from one single size to three different sizes is not logical and is less visually aesthetic.

By the way, they could add an option for a clear and dark themes for the game.

21 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Thanks, I hate it.
Let us please keep the old design, give us an option. Same with those annoying as  fuck contest pop-ups, give us options and we're happy.

It took like 2 years to implement a setting for the koban spending information ... wouldn't think there ever will be one for design.

My view on the change:

I don't like the transferred colours that much - the entire non-town-screens seem to get this colour scheme now: toF, harem, pachinko, event, now missions - there is left only arena and market.

it makes all screens darker. 

previously it was a quick glimpse to recognize the green and yellow missions, now it is hidden in the dark surrounding of the title only.

and it looks like there is made space for more things coming as there is now room left in the tabs.

• Like 3

Reskin looks fine to me, as its slowly updating the whole UI to match the already updated parts.   

Not a fan of the huge koban spend button though, is making it bigger supposed to make people accidentally click it more?  Or want to click it more?  I hate this kind of coercive UI design, it reminds me of the tiny X you get on ads that make you accidentally click them instead of close them.

• Like 5

I really loathe the UI design, but there's room for improvements which I'll lay down here- PLEASE dont be like Discord and just bring back divider lines, those were so nice! And colourations for mission tiers. Those 2 alone would make the UI A LOT better. Im not sure about the colour, I see what they're going for but I liked the old colours :/ Those are the first couple of things that come to my mind, hope they consider this at least :( 

Edit: also the autoscroll is fucking annoying sometimes, maybe chill on that? I can see it being useful but it's also annoying a lot of the time

Edited by Čamuga
  • Like 2

I like the new design. I've always prefered dark themes anyway, both facebook and YouTube has them as well now, which I am using. It's way better for my eyes to look at, especially at night ^^ the only critique I can give is that it's slightly harder to see the grade of the mission without the colored background 😅

I agree with all that has been said here. The idea of a dark theme instead of a white one is a good idea. But how they decided to implement that idea wasn't very thought out. There're no proper separation between missions. There're no simple color navigation for the mission duration. The amount of time needed to complete the mission, which is the most important information we need got shrunk and is hard to see. And the size of the buttons got revamped not in a good way.

20 hours ago, Ben9 said:

Not a fan of the huge koban spend button though, is making it bigger supposed to make people accidentally click it more?  Or want to click it more?  I hate this kind of coercive UI design, it reminds me of the tiny X you get on ads that make you accidentally click them instead of close them.

I also think that's the reason why they made it so big compared to other buttons.

At first I was angry at these changes. But then I wrote some code, and now everything is in order.
Here's the code: https://pastebin.com/8u0bVJdx
To use, you need to install Stylus: https://add0n.com/stylus.html
(I don’t think that I’m violating any rules, but even if this is so - consider this a small sketch of how this interface should look in my view; I will wait for official fixes)

1 hour ago, Redbeard said:

they still have not fixed the notification banner

Do you mean the green exclamation mark? For myself, I hid it using a custom style. Its class is called ".new_notif", and the following code: ".new_notif { display: none !important; }" (without quotes, see example above) completely hides it. I don't think that this violates any rules, but use at your own risk.

0.png

1.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, TimKruz said:

At first I was angry at these changes. But then I wrote some code, and now everything is in order.
Here's the code: https://pastebin.com/8u0bVJdx
To use, you need to install Stylus: https://add0n.com/stylus.html
(I don’t think that I’m violating any rules, but even if this is so - consider this a small sketch of how this interface should look in my view; I will wait for official fixes)

Do you mean the green exclamation mark? For myself, I hid it using a custom style. Its class is called ".new_notif", and the following code: ".new_notif { display: none !important; }" (without quotes, see example above) completely hides it. I don't think that this violates any rules, but use at your own risk.

[...]

nice work!

There is already an enhencing script which is allowed: 

more details also "available" on Discord I guess.

1 hour ago, TimKruz said:

Sorry, I forgot to disable NoScript on the page, so custom fonts did not load. I checked with the original game fonts, fixed several errors in the code (same link), and here is the result that can be seen without NoScript intervention:2.thumb.png.257ae0c75ed15cf45024fe4e7d7eb6de.png3.thumb.png.badbd79d683de0526c411c1871dbb233.png

UPD: Bold'ing mission title was bad idea, only needed for default browser font (with game fonts title looks good as it is). Fixed that.

58 minutes ago, windia said:

There is already an enhencing script which is allowed: 

I know about it, but I was not sure.

Edited by TimKruz
addition about mission title
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

When a random guy on the forum does a better job of redesigning your website and makes it keep the good features of the old design+get the new one better, you know you fucked up :D 

yeah ... or you could just say, thanks for that, i take it, here 200 kobans for your (hard) work

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blaa said:

here 200 kobans for your (hard) work 

Actually, it wasn’t hard, even considering that I’m not good at HTML/CSS (little experience, too lazy to learn). And I didn’t even think about any reward - the user-friendly interface is a reward in itself. I did this for my own comfort, not for other users (after all, any updates to the game can break this code - it works today, tomorrow it’s gone).

To be honest, I don’t understand why they couldn’t make the right interface themselves. Maybe they don’t write code at all, but use some kind of WYSIWYG editor? I would like to help them somehow, but I’m not good at web technologies.

• Like 1

Although I realize that this update follows the same route and uses the same colours that the Harem page, I think it's a bit too dark.

And yeah, if you could at least outline the different missions like TimKruz has done, it would make it easier and faster to identify the different missions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slynia said:

I like the new design. I've always prefered dark themes anyway, both facebook and YouTube has them as well now, which I am using. It's way better for my eyes to look at, especially at night ^^ the only critique I can give is that it's slightly harder to see the grade of the mission without the colored background 😅

Actually... OK, Ergonomic theory stuff inc, ignore as desired.

There is less variation in contrast (and therefore a more stable image) with a lighter background and darker font. The ratio of pixels turned off/on varies less. This is better for your eyes as they adjust to the general level of light coming your way, and not just specifically for the tiny point you are looking at. With a dark background your eyes will open to let more light through, resulting in over-lighting parts that are light (pictures, etc). If you find a dark background with lighter characters easier, especially at night, you probably do not have ambient light around your display at a level comparable to the strength of the light of your display. 

OTOH, darker backgrounds save energy, so there's that :D.

• Like 2

I must admit that , should the changes suggested by @TimKruz does not become official, IMHO the old design beats the new one 100 at 1, despite the fashion of a darker interface. The lacking of "mission delimitation" by default in the new design in my opinion is a hole the size of Grand Canyon. As always, I am not optimistic about this, but I can only hope that the devs decide to implement officially in-game @TimKruz changes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Benefuci said:

you probably do not have ambient light around your display at a level comparable to the strength of the light of your display. 

That is true, I do not. I live on the side of the building which only has sunlight in the mornings, so already during the afternoon, my monitors are brighter than my surrounding.
At night it's worse, then I only have my lamp in the ceiling lit, which is not enough to outshine my screen. I have come to enjoy watching darker pages 😋