15.06 until 22.06: Legendary Contests

Mario Kinkoid

1 hour ago, Z-Wave said:

Yes, with the addition of the 25 shards we'll have a much smoother distribution and probably all people shooting for the girl will get it (similar to how all people willing to spend time, effort and sometimes money for event girls will get them). I still believe it's a bad road to take though. Once KK implements a mechanic that makes it technically impossible for all players to get a girl reward, they opened the door for more vicious practices (intentional and unintentional). For example in the future those contests could introduce highly overpowered 5star legendaries that every serious league contender needs to get in order to stay competitive. On top of that you'll be matched only with competitive players (e.g. people that score similarly high in leagues as you do). And just like that, we got ourselves a very troublesome situation and you don't just need to pay (or prepare for) an absolute amount of Kobans to stay competitive, but to outperform those who are also eager to get the reward. And again: In order to win, you need to make sure that somebody else loses (hence zero-sum game). I don't like that at all and I rather prefer a system that provides an abundant amount of girl rewards so everybody can practically get the girl.

Absolutely agree. They can improve upon the format as much as they want, since the base of the format is rotten and not worth it, it will never be as good as other events. Even PoA with its tumultuous first try was received better than this, and it was never about a zero-sum game where people are pit up against each other. This just shifts the game in a bad direction, and while this in itself isnt egregious with the announced change, it's but 1 step in a wrong direction, and after just a few more of these steps, we lose the game that we loved and are/were invested in for so long. If you guys at KK have any intention to keep the integrity of the game, they will not roll out this event, and if they do they will never repeat it again, which I doubt they'll do, so I'm prepared to see the quality of the game go even lower than it's been slowly drifting for the past months...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jelom said:

Added to new patch notes for a second test server legendary contest run (and arguably changed too in the live server). 11th-25th place: 25 shards of the Legendary Girl 

With that maybe is a little better but still i'm not really all convinced. Probably is still too much expensive with too much to lose at a very high risk (basically is almost gambling to me), at this point i guess we can only try it (it seems that what is done is done) after all the testing but (i know is all marketing) don't say an exclusive girl, tell us: look u tried u got only 25 shard she will be back in another legendary contest revival. As example i liked the path of actration but for those who didn't get some girls will them be back ? how ? what i'm saying is that not everyone can do koban bloodbath battle to be in these positions. Personally i don't put much effort in contest i'm admitting that and i've noticed that i'm always at like 22-27 at the end of the day and there are people with sooooo many points at rank 1 that i thank god for not making me even try. If you want a feedback on how to improve this and make it work where everyone is happy honestly i don't know, i cannot transmute lead in gold. In my opinion if the events are for all, the path of actraction is for veterans, this is for paying players. I'm really sorry to be this rude but i honestly don't think this event can work, nobody can even make some sort of plan, if i'm with 100 normal players i have a chance if someone can throw infinite money to rank up i'm doomed.

• Like 4

It seems all the comments in this thread are from people who really want a limited edition legendary girl, presumably because they already have most of the other girls available. Everyone seems to be concerned about how much effort it will take to win.

Well, speaking as someone who doesn't alreay have vast numbers of girls, I don't really care if I get another legendary girl I can't afford to upgrade. I will treat this contest as a free legendary equipment per day and spend my resources fighting villians to get other girls. It seems I can get the equivalent of winning a Champions battle every day for doing nothing and spending nothing and finishing in the bottom bracket.

Given what must be a vast number of other players in my situation, I have a question: What is the best strategy for not finishing in the top 25?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, DocJD said:

Given what must be a vast number of other players in my situation, I have a question: What is the best strategy for not finishing in the top 25?

The main thing to consider is that Day 3 will reward villain battles, and based on what we've seen on the test server it's the same points no matter which villain you battle. So if you want to keep your points down that day, you'll need to spend your combativity before the end of Day 2, and then take as much as you can into Day 4.

Edit: Also, with Day 1 rewarding XP, I would have suggested spending your league tokens before the start, but - the event will start at the same time as the new league season, so everyone will have 15 tokens. I don't know your league situation, but if you regularly lose to at least some people in your brackets, it will probably be a good idea to get in those losses on Day 1 for reduced XP gains.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DocJD said:

It seems all the comments in this thread are from people who really want a limited edition legendary girl

Ohhh, that hurts. 😂
You might have a point there (although I'm pretty confident to win the girl on day one). Maybe look at it like this: What if KK said from now on the precious villain girls you are missing can only be obtained if you performed within the top 100 weekly "Wins vs. Villains" leaderboard. If you are below Top 100, you're guaranteed to get 0 shards next week and so on. I know, it's very hypothetical, but it would follow the same pattern. Being a whale with lots of Kobans and Orbs and a shitload of Ymens I don't see myself at risk of not getting the reward. I do still despise the mechanics for what they are: A zero-sum game where by getting a girl I effectively and without alternative take the chance from somebody else to do the same. I don't like those games (neither in virtual, nor in real life). So far a win-win Situation has always been achievable (or more like win-win-win, including KK with the sales of Kobans involved). Now we're having a huge win-win-LOSE situation that just isn't necessary (or desired).

• Like 8

I've got something more to chime in here, from design and player perspective this event is just bad. What does this event accomplish to the player base? Lets say we didnt whine as much as we did, and they left the event as it was- where 11-25 u got 0 shards etc. That would make the people above 11th place be like "Oh thank god I finished in the top 11, I still got a chance for the girl even if I dont reach 1st place", and everyone below 11 be like "well fuck, I either go all in or I give up". And that would be after day 1! You'd make players anxious and fearful of even participating. Now after the entire event, you'd have ~50% of the players that participated and didnt get the girl be frustrated as it was someone else that outspent them in the contest, and the other ~50% that won the girl get the feeling of "oh thank god that's over!" It arises negative emotion in the entire player base, except maybe the top 1-15% that are top spenders already. From the onset this event would do nothing but make the majority of players feel awful about their participation! 
Now with the change to 11-25 places to give you something, it's more of a buffer to not feel bad, but it still sucks from the fundamental design, anyone that is now under 25th place (which considering the rewards, most likely wont be from someone not participating at all, it wouldnt be a stretch to assume that someone would aim for the 11-25 for all 4 days if he's in a more competitive bracket), now you miss out on that once and you still get the same bad feeling I described above, only slightly less shitty. The design of the zero-sum game is awful and there is little to nothing you can do to make it not suck, and while this change is definitely helpful, it still doesnt change the rotten roots that it's based on.
And this STILL doesnt take into account the timezone change that made the NA sphere be disadvantaged as we in europe were, so this is basically unfair to an entire west side of the world. Totally a good design decision, I agree!

Edited by Čamuga
I cant phrase properly to save my life
  • Like 4

I guess it will be somewhat entertaining to watch the D3 veterans switch to the new hot class every other month in sync with the latest power-creeped 5-star legendary released...

It's true that the game is definitely trending more and more towards P2W tendencies, and/or spending precious time and resources on unnecessary features that no player asked for (and no player was even given the choice to refuse, like the stroboscopic background change during OD, or of course the useless "notifications"), while they have yet to even begin work on any kind of long-term balance for the PvP part of the game, let alone their many bugs, and the extremely lacking support, PR and community management.

Your game is currently broken, guys. You need to completely change the PvP system and/or stop throwing 90% of the rewards in it, that 99% of players have no hope in hell to ever ever approach, while the remaining 1% are kept busy trying to figure out how to win-more even more than their peers each week.

Nothing else will make the game viable for anyone outside of those who started it 3-4 years ago (and/or have unlimited cash to throw at it, and even then... with the new trend of koban-less bundles with lower and lower value, and no XP from Arena anymore, that might be a thing of the past too). Don't you want player retention beyond the tiny group of sharks who own D3 for the foreseeable future (and can only become smaller over time, as the entry to that group is closed for good now)? Do you even have enough fresh fish coming in every month to feed them long-term? The mid-game is the most depressing drag ever, and you keep making it an even worse experience.

/rant

Apart from that, and the big issues that have already been pointed out here, sure, cool event format.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Z-Wave said:

Being a whale with lots of Kobans and Orbs and a shitload of Ymens I don't see myself at risk of not getting the reward. I do still despise the mechanics for what they are: A zero-sum game where by getting a girl I effectively and without alternative take the chance from somebody else to do the same.

Very much this. I'm pleased that there will be a 5 star girl on offer &, though I'm not a high-level player (I'm level 266), i have plenty of resources & can buy more if those run out so I'm very confident I will get the event girl but my big reservation about this event is the fact that my win will necessarily deprive another player of their chance of obtaining the (only) event girl.

• Like 3

After all those pessimistic posts about the direction the game is taking, and the "hidden intentions" of the developers to make this a P2W whale game only, let's change subject and talk about the event and how to prepare for it, if possible.

The four days contest will be (if no changes are done when the event goes live) the following:

• Contest 1: PvP & Player XP -> You need kobans to refill in league and arena, and of course a competitive battle team, with good gear and some boosters.
  • Contest 2: Pachinko or Donations -> This can be done with Ymens for great pachinko and donations and/or kobans for epic pachinko.
  • Contest 3: Villains & Energy -> Kobans to refill combativity, cheaper than refilling energy.
  • Contest 4: Girls -> Upgrade girls XP/levels -> A lot of books and some girls to upgrade.

Players will surely asigned to contests in brackets for levels 1-40, 40-80, 80-120, etc. as in normal contests.

Strategy: As the more anxious whales will give it all the first day or the second at most and they will be asigned to another bracket and consequently be out of the equation for the last days, it will be progresively easier to get a top 10 place in the last two days, so for people without many resources, it will be wise to reserve for these tactics:

a) 2 x 50 shards (top 10) in the last 2 days, a bit risky if you fail one of the days.

b) 4 x 25 shards (top 25) in all 4 days, if you fail one of the first days you can change to the next one. Suposedly the cheaper in resources.

c) 2 x 25 shards (top 25) in the first two/three days and 1 x 50 shards (top 10) in the last one/two days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This move turns the game into a zero-sum game: a player's gain can only come at the expense of, or by limiting/restricting/denying, another player.

Being part of a community where we all strive to gather our girls, or being part of a group of players who compete over a limited resource are two very different things and has a *huge* impact on the the community/group of players behave. For example, why would you help another player on the forum, if he might end up beating you to a girl and you end up with nothing. Or even worse: less then nothing if you spend yemen, koban or even RL $ in an effort to win and yet lose.

In the current game, there is room for casual game-play. In a zero-sum game, there is not.

Zero-sum games have very little pull for me. Otoh the friendly interaction on the forum here is a large part of why I still play. If this actually becomes a regular thing and the only way to get legendary 5-stars, I can already say I will leave.

Edited by Benefuci
typo
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, jelom said:

As the more anxious whales will give it all the first day or the second at most and they will be asigned to another bracket and consequently be out of the equation for the last days, it will be progresively easier to get a top 10 place in the last two days

Also we can assume that many whales are already high or even maxed out on girl upgrades, so they're not competitive on day 4 and if they failed to have the girl by then, they are no thread anymore. 😅

• Haha 3

What seems fundamental to me and which is not clear to me: are we talking about a variation of the contests (or an add to the normal contests) or an event?

Because if it's considered an event it means that the normal Legendary Days / Epic Days are canceled for this, but a contest is not an event therefore it would be strongly wrong.

On the other hand even PoA is not an event, they are free days in which to farm the troll you prefer, yet it has been passed off for an event the same and to the community seems to be fine...

So what will we have? Another 4 days of nothing and a good event less?

If so it sucks across the board.

If instead there is a mistake in terms in the patch notes and it's just a variation of the contest in addition to the normal Legendary Days it is a good thing for me.

Don't you think the event is feasible? Don't do that and you have the normal event where you can get one or more 5 stars as usual.

Do you think you can do it? You have the chance to get one more that you wouldn't have otherwise (for now).

That's the whole point for me. Additions are welcome if they don't take away anything, if they do they are a worsening of the game and you have made this mistake several times with your impositions (such as the PoA that takes away a real event, the notifications that take away time and playability, the new design of the missions that takes away our diopters... 🙄).

I hope you limit yourself to additions rather than replacements, including this event / contest, and if in the meantime you solve the problems you have added with the latest patches we would appreciate it.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

On 6/15/2020 at 7:39 PM, Daniele said:

Are they desperate for money or what? Most of the things they have done lately are clearly oriented toward encouraging players to spend more money...

Anyway, awful idea. Some occasional legendary contests with random old girls as rewards would have been nice, but this is simply terrible.

In any case, with the new reset time i already can't seriously compete anymore in regular contests, let alone in this one. I doubt i'll put much effort to get this umpteenth useless "exclusive" girl :P

That is true for me as well. Those canged times are totally s********....Either I´m still at work when the contests are ending or already on my way to it. And I don´t have access to a computer or mobile cause my workplace doesn´t have ANY  conectivity....beeing ~500m underground......

Edited by chaser

6 hours ago, Falco82 said:

Because if it's considered an event it means that the normal Legendary Days / Epic Days are canceled for this, but a contest is not an event therefore it would be strongly wrong.

On the other hand even PoA is not an event, they are free days in which to farm the troll you prefer, yet it has been passed off for an event the same and to the community seems to be fine... So what will we have? Another 4 days of nothing and a good event less? If so it sucks across the board.

From what we've seen on the test server so far, from what they've announced and what we can expect based on previous releases, I'm pretty sure that:

• It's definitely an event (as is PoA);
  • While it's on, it takes the form of an additional contest on top of your usual daily contest;
  • It's almost certainly not designed to take a spot in the ED/LD(/Anniversary) rotation on the calendar;
  • It is instead likely to be slotted at the end of the month (as is the plan for the format's upcoming debut this month);
  • If anything, assuming this format sticks around, it will probably replace PoA every other month (which seems decent to me in and of itself).

Now, I for one disagree with your apparent notion that "an event" in this game should only be some variation on the game's oldest and most common event format, with girls available to unlock by fighting specific villains on the map. I do think PoA constitutes an event, as does this new LC thing. You can dislike it, but pretending it's not an event seems weird. Foreplay was definitely an event, and it definitely sucked. Let's avoid the No True Scotsman fallacy, here, we have enough on our plate for this discussion as it is.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 ore fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

From what we've seen on the test server so far, from what they've announced and what we can expect based on previous releases, I'm pretty sure that:

• It's definitely an event (as is PoA);
  • While it's on, it takes the form of an additional contest on top of your usual daily contest;
  • It's almost certainly not designed to take a spot in the ED/LD(/Anniversary) rotation on the calendar;
  • It is instead likely to be slotted at the end of the month (as is the plan for the format's upcoming debut this month);
  • If anything, assuming this format sticks around, it will probably replace PoA every other month (which seems decent to me in and of itself).

Now, I for one disagree with your apparent notion that "an event" in this game should only be some variation on the game's oldest and most common event format, with girls available to unlock by fighting specific villains on the map. I do think PoA constitutes an event, as does this new LC thing. You can dislike it, but pretending it's not an event seems weird. Foreplay was definitely an event, and it definitely sucked. Let's avoid the No True Scotsman fallacy, here, we have enough on our plate for this discussion as it is.

I'm not on the test server but the format and the way it is proposed there is not at all indicative of how it will be proposed on the main server, but regarding your points I don't understand what makes you so sure of your statements.

Of course if it were alternated with PoA it would not be bad but either you have never seen a calendar or you missed one thing: it's a 4-day event. Each month the only 4-day event is the Legendary / Epic Days, not the last of the month which is always at least of 5, so basically what you believe is definitely wrong.

Regarding my claim that it's not an event, it's so. Try to think of the rare days when there is no active event: the contest is active even during those, do you consider it an event? I don't believe. Do you consider an event an entire day in which to donate ymens or play pachinko? No, it's a contest, and PoA is the same thing you like it or not.

PoA is the only "event" where you can use combativity as you want because it's irrelevant. If a normal event were inserted at the same time as the PoA, you could do them both simultaneously without problems, which obviously doesn't happen with any other event (even if you consider Orgy Days as a sum of events, in fact, the combativity cannot be used on both if not using kobans which is a forcing). This is what makes it a "non-event" but more a particular version of contest, better than this because at least it doesn't harm other players but still a contest in both cases and not an event.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

either you have never seen a calendar or you missed one thing: it's a 4-day event. Each month the only 4-day event is the Legendary / Epic Days, not the last of the month which is always at least of 5, so basically what you believe is definitely wrong.

No need to be mean, friend. I was trying to help you out by providing you with information along with educated guesses (as I've stated). If you believe in what you wrote in the quote above, then I guess you have never seen a Kinkoid calendar. It's quite a bit less reliable than a garden-variety calendar, trust me. ^^ Also, as I already brought up in my previous reply to you, they're already planning on having this event at the end of this month. So no, the whole "4-day event" vs "oh but it says 5 on the calendar" argument doesn't hold water, at all. PoA was a 5-day event too, and it said so on the calendar too, until it didn't and PoA 2 happened and spanned 7 days instead. Don't trust their calendars, they're a vague guideline until we actually reach an event on the timeline.

As for what qualifies as "an event" in your mind vs elsewhere, frankly I don't care enough to discuss it further. Call this "not an event" if you want, it doesn't change a thing. If you're still not satisfied with that, then I kindly agree to disagree. Cheers.

• Like 1

I've raised my concerns in other posts before, but I feel too few of us fully realize this yet (and Kinkoid definitely doesn't seem to notice either), so I'd like to elaborate further.

First of all, I think that the whole "zero-sum game" complaint, in the context of this new event format specifically, is overblown. Bear with me, guys, put down those pitchforks; let me explain. If the exclusive legendary for this event type had been yet another purely cosmetic 3-star girl as I expected, then complaining about its "exclusivity" would have been completely overblown. However, now that we know that this is actually going to introduce new girls who will almost certainly be competitively viable, and might even be overpowered slash mandatory for competitive players (in which case we'll be entering the age of the power creep, as I hinted at previously), worrying about potentially missing out on them is now a legit concern. I still think that people are making it a bigger deal than it actually is, at least now that Kinkoid changed the distribution so that the minimum requirement to get the girl is to place in the "top 25" out of 50 in 4 contests, which to me translates to "players who really want the girl can definitely get her". But that's not the most important thing I take issue with about this wave of "it's a zero-sum game mechanic" complaints, not even close.

1/ Not Really An Issue IN PRACTICE

Yeah. So about half of all players (or even less than half actually) will not be able to grab each of these new upcoming 5-star legendaries. What a scandal indeed. You know who it's going to be, though? For the most part? Players who didn't care all that much in the first place (for the particular 5-star legendary they didn't grab). Casuals don't get 5-star legendaries in most LD events either, for the record (sure, they can get one every other year or so if they blow their load on it, and/or a few over several years with the shard system, but come on, let's be real, no casual out there is getting LD girls regularly). Players on a budget also often outright skip events with 5-star legendaries that are not of their own class, with good reason. And tons of players are just too lazy, not invested enough in the game (emotionally and time-wise, I mean) or not motivated enough to compete too hard, or pretty much at all for this kind of event. And that's fiiiine. 50% of players is probably more than enough of a sample size to include any and all players who really care about getting the girl in each of this upcoming format's editions. No one will actually be left crying on the side of the road at the end of the day as you guys seem to more or less assume just because it's a "zero-sum game" mechanic (okay, sure, technically, some definitely will, because bad players do exist, and also because of the time zone advantage, which has very recently switched from US to EU, after over 3 years of US domination in contests; I'll refrain from commenting further on how happy I am about that—oopsie! ^^). In the big picture, it doesn't change anything, and frankly for all its flaws, it might even end up being a bit cheaper than LD for most players. And also a fairer competition than other lame excuses for a PvP system that the game already has in place... Which brings me to my second, more crucial point.

2/ Missing the Forest for the Trees

This event format might seem unfair or whatever, but that's purely on principle (and in some cases it's mainly about semantics anyway), and I even think this feeling stems from major misconceptions about the state of the game and its community. Sure, this event is technically designed so that it's impossible for all players to get the super duper legendary reward even if they all really wanted to. So what? Do you guys think this is anything new for this game? In terms of the specific details of how the event is designed, yeah maybe, but that's meaningless. In terms of game experience, progress and game balance, this is absolutely nothing new. You know what's an actual zero-sum game mechanic, and a really unfair and highly impactful one at that, that we have had in the game for years now? Leagues!

Every single week, a dozen players (if that!) each receive well over 14k kobans (aka a jumbo-jet load), the equivalent of a free EPx10 (in orb form, so they can use it whenever they want), and the equivalent of 3 full-bar combativity refills (that they have to use immediately). Another few dozen players (maybe up to a hundred or so, if we add up all top 4 from D1 to D3, bar the D3 winners I just mentioned) each receive something along the lines of a truckload of kobans, a few free combativity refills, and a few EPx1 orbs. Meanwhile, the remaining thousands of players each receive a virtual slap in the face, along with something around 1K kobans at best (aka a pittance). Every single damn week. What's more, at the risk of ruffling some feathers here, is that it's a zero-sum game situation in which the vast majority of players aren't even allowed to have a shot, period. When, say, Jelom grabs himself one of the top prizes, he's not even taking it from me, or you (well, the vast majority of you reading this). No, he's taking it from a couple of the other sharks at the top of this broken food chain who were in the same tank as him for that particular week. But that prize was always going to be for one of them. Same with each of the few D3 aquariums in which they keep all their sharks well-fed and overgrown and completely separated from the rest of the field. Same for that level 400+ who grabbed your S3 or your D1 top prize. Yeah, you, with the green shirt. He didn't take it from you (if you're a player who actually belongs in that division, that is), he either took it from the couple of other sharks who also like to prey on the most tender fish and happened to be hunting in the same aquarium as him that week, or it was his prize to claim all along. 99% of players in the current League and XP system have strictly no fighting chance for any meaningful rewards across the board.

Don't you think that perhaps this kind of stuff might be worth a little more of your attention and outrage than this new event format's announcement? Because I do. I think that we should all be more concerned about how we're already trapped in a maze of grossly imbalanced mess they boldly claim is a "PvP system", and it's been like that for years, and how each passing week increases the power level gap between the lucky few sharks at the top and the plentiful reserves of sweet, juicy fish that 99% of us really are in the devs' current system. I think that it matters a ton more than a vague ethical notion about one upcoming event format that's never going to be a real issue in practice. Don't you? Because I could use you guys' energy and outrage to fight for this kind of issues to be fixed, rather than complain about mundane stuff that's just the same as basically every other event, just presented in a slightly different manner (not unlike PoA's left column, which is also a bit more on the nose in terms of "it's yours if you spend enough!", but basically the same thing: who can afford 7k kobans on demand without depleting their koban stash? maybe players who get thousands every single week no matter what... which leads back to the broken league system being the core imbalance of this game's economy).

On top of that, as a side note that I think is important to mention here as well. We already have this ridiculously cutthroat, unfair "competitive" environment. We've had it for years. And yet, the bulk of the community (especially here in the EN section of the forum) is super helpful and friendly. Please do note that I'm not hating on sharks, here. I cited Jelom as an example of someone who I know routinely crushes his D3, but it's not his fault (or any of his peers') if the system is broken in his favor. And as a person and a forum user, I love Jelom. Granted, there are a few sharks who sometimes lose sight of how much of their current position is thanks to Kinkoid's complete lack of understanding of what "game balance" means when you add PvP to your solo game, and make it by far the biggest source of power. They get sidetracked by how impressive beating another shark might seem to them, and forget that all of them are in a ridiculously privileged situation to begin with, and not thanks to any particular effort or prowess of theirs, but mainly because they started the game at the right time, and they don't suck... but they're a tiny minority (mostly found in the FR section). Most of the sharks, even though they benefit from it as we speak, do realize how pathetic this "PvP system" is at its core, where how well you play matters a million times less than how long you had been playing when Kinkoid decided that older accounts would receive a permanent and exponential advantage from then on. So yeah, I highly doubt that we'll see a situation where we no longer help each other out on the forum or elsewhere all of a sudden because there's a new event in town, and it's competitive. If we didn't turn into a toxic community (in EN at least) despite Leagues spitting at 99% of our faces while gently licking the remaining 1%... I don't see us turning against each other because of one event type in which we will at the very least be grouped with people of a similar level (except for 360+ accounts, because Kinkoid never adjusted their 40-level ranges past that since they extended the max level from 400 to 500, for some reason).

Bottom line slash TL;DR:

1. This event format doesn't challenge the game's balance in the grand scheme of things;

2. The game is already imbalanced as HELL at its core, because the Leagues are a disgrace from a balance perspective AND the biggest source of power and income in the game by far, for the few that benefit from the blatant imbalance;

3. The community is still cool and helpful despite that, even most of the 1% lucky few who get almost all of the rewards, so there's no reason this one event type will change this;

4. We SHOULD unite and complain about imbalance and poor work ethics from Kinkoid, but where it actually matters: the Leagues, not this one contest thingy.

Thanks for your time. I hope this will open some eyes.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

A lot! As in, really, a lot!!

I am slightly confused why you choose to lead your post with a dig at the zero-sum comments, but other then that I agree with everything you've said. Almost.

Here's the thing. Even if objectively speaking there are things in the game that deserve harsher criticism than this new event, those things are already in the game. That means that a) it doesn't matter if we pick up the pitchforks today or tomorrow and b) it is probably much harder to get KK to change their mind over something that is already in the game and withdraw it vs stopping them from adding even more shit to the game. That means that it makes more sense to try and stop this new event first, and then get back to sniping at the league and the whole PvP setup.

I admit that i'm assuming it is even possible to get KK to change their mind about either issue and I have my doubts about that :D. I've already resigned myself to the fact I simply found this game too late.

• Like 4

@DvDivXXX There is a big chunk of players, who do not participate in the league. Don't bother themselves. I look the profiles of people in my contest brackets and many of them do not give a shit about the league.

And, by the way, they are the most annoying contenders in the contests, cause, while they have relatively low level (cause they don't score in the Tower and don't get the XP), they already reached Digisekai (will easily beat you you in villains contests), they already have 200+ girls (will easily beat you in the girls XP contests and money contests) and they can easily score the most XP from the untouched league, when they need it (win the XP contests).

I mean, I agree with all that you have written, but a lot of people just don't care about these leagues. Just as about the champions, as it turned out during the recent PoA event. "Awhh, I didn't unlock them cause why should I?", "Awhh, I went only for the one I need, why should I properly beat all the others?", "But I am not the one to blame that I didn't beat the champs! Let the developers change the event so that it would be comfortable for me to participate in it (press one button in the troll combativity screen)" and all that sort of stuff. I'm sure you've read the thread of complaints whining.

I guess, that's why Kinkoid keep things as they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3