• Bastet
    • Bimbette
    • Sponsor Sara Jay
    • Misvaginus
    • Jealous Bunny's Mother
    • LuxuriousBody
    • Dusty
    • Lupa's Mother

Got the shards I needed to finish the event. 338 fights, 4 refills and 808 kobans later I managed to get Belinda and, as a bonus, Edwarda's Tier 2 girl, Pirate Naisha.

Had this been an Epic days event, I would have been ok-ish with the result, but as an anniversary one it feels lacking.

Let's hope the rest of this anniversary month manages to change that perception.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Comparing whatever else they do for the rest of the month is comparing apples and kumquats.

Actually, you are comparing apples and kumquats, if you are sticking to those two events. The tertium comparationis (dont know a common english word for it, so I have to use the technical term) isnt the event, it's the festivities. And those are going this year almost a month and not just a few days liek last year. So if you want to make a comparison, you have to wait until the festivities have finished.

Edit: Of course you can complain about the current event and I do share both points, but they only make this (and not the whole anniversary) event not as good as I would have liked it to. But even if you can complain about this event, if you compare the 'anniversary' only based on this event, it's flawed.

9 minutes ago, Eman said:

Let's hope the rest of this anniversary month manages to change that perception.

I really hope so, too. I like this open-minded attitude.

Edited by blaa
including 2nd quote
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, blaa said:

The tertium comparationis (dont know a common english word for it, so I have to use the technical term) isnt the event, it's the festivities.

Use any term you want... if you can compare last year's event with something remotely similar this year, it's the current event and nothing else (in the "anniversary" event category, if you prefer). 

Your reasoning (comparing a full month with multiple events with a single event only) is severely flawed, IMO.

hace 24 minutos, blaa dijo:

I really hope so, too. I like this open-minded attitude.

Well, the recently announced Orgy Days could help with that, if the drop rate & range are the ones from regular Orgy days.

I at least got one girl out of the Event - Anell. Managed to get to 86 shards without refills and only needed 2 refills (39 fights to be exact!) for the remaining 14 shards.

So this is about as much as I would get out of an ordinary Epic Days.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

What makes last year better? 

Last year I got Norou from the Event, her shards were available as Arena rewards! That was something very unusual and I know that many here don't like the Arena, but for me that was an rather easy way to get a Legendary 5-star without spendig any Kobans! I would have appreciated if this concept of giving shards as Arena rewards would have been continued in any way or at least for this anniversary if there would have been something equalliy special as well ... not just the ordinary villain fights for shards with a boat load of girls but a shard range which would allow you to get only 1 girl without spending tons of Kobans.

il y a 42 minutes, Eman a dit :

Got the shards I needed to finish the event. 338 fights, 4 refills and 808 kobans later I managed to get Belinda and, as a bonus, Edwarda's Tier 2 girl, Pirate Naisha.

Had this been an Epic days event, I would have been ok-ish with the result, but as an anniversary one it feels lacking.

il y a 3 minutes, Sir Fuck-a-Lot a dit :

I at least got one girl out of the Event - Anell. Managed to get to 86 shards without refills and only needed 2 refills (39 fights to be exact!) for the remaining 14 shards.

So this is about as much as I would get out of an ordinary Epic Days.

4 refills, 2 refills... Not sure if I'm the unlucky one with 11 refills... :(

• Sad 1

Will be carrying over my remaining combativity to OD so my Anniversary Event is done. With the aid of a bundle (not the big, 200% markdown bundles; a smaller, 400% markdown bundle) & just shy of 2k Kobans I got two girls (Madame Charlie & Belinda) from the bosses + Winter Edna from the Epic Pachinko.

Thoughts re: my first Anniversary Event: meh, it's just a re-branded Epic Days with more girls & a souped-up Pachinko. The free gifts are appreciated (yes they're small but they're free and free stuff is always welcome!). Mixed feelings re: the inclusion of Lupa's Mother in the Pachinko: it's nice that those who didn't get her first time round were given a second chance &, tbqh, I expected her to come back at some point but it's been less than 3 months since she was marketed as an "exclusive" haremette...

From a non-F2P player's point of view, it's a pity the Anniversary bundles have offered poor markdowns as I would've liked a few more shots at some of those Pachinko girls (esp. Golden Bunny) but i guess that's the point: KK are, i suspect, banking on players being willing to buy poor value bundles in order to obtain some of those lovely Pachinko girls. 

1 hour ago, Zteev said:

First off, I consider the Anniversary event this event. This event isn't lasting 30 days, it ends in a number of hours. Comparing whatever else they do for the rest of the month is comparing apples and kumquats. 

So by cherrypicking and ignoring the majority of the anniversary this year, sure. I've got numerous issues with the rest of what you say (especially that you SOMEHOW consider the boss girl selections worse in this one overall), but not worth listing them since you've got those giant blinders on.

22 minutes ago, Sir Fuck-a-Lot said:

Last year I got Norou from the Event, her shards were available as Arena rewards! That was something very unusual and I know that many here don't like the Arena, but for me that was an rather easy way to get a Legendary 5-star without spendig any Kobans! I would have appreciated if this concept of giving shards as Arena rewards would have been continued in any way or at least for this anniversary if there would have been something equalliy special as well ... not just the ordinary villain fights for shards with a boat load of girls but a shard range which would allow you to get only 1 girl without spending tons of Kobans.

Norou was indeed good, provided you didn't have her. The fact that many people already did (since she'd been available twice previously, was a well drawn girl and parody of a popular character), makes me evaluate it as medium overall.

46 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Use any term you want... if you can compare last year's event with something remotely similar this year, it's the current event and nothing else (in the "anniversary" event category, if you prefer).

Your reasoning (comparing a full month with multiple events with a single event only) is severely flawed, IMO.

I think that this current event that's about to end was designed in the context of a full month worth of celebrations, so to assess it in isolation is unfair to it. It would likely come off worse in that regard, but even then I still think this one is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year, even with Valicta.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

This is the sort of stuff we see on twitter and it doesn't really belong on this forum.

Neither does Varnart's dumb crusade to get himself banned by poking bears over and over. I'm merely observing it happening.

Anyway, picked up the 7 girls I needed from the villains for 24,599 kobans. Not great value, but decent enough. Largely saved by the early full drop on Kootra, the rest was slightly worse than average.

Edited by _shal_

12 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I think that this current event that's about to end was designed in the context of a full month worth of celebrations, so to assess it in isolation is unfair to it. It would likely come off worse in that regard, but even then I still think this one is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year, even with Valicta.

That's quite fine.

I was only stating that if you want to compare something between last year and this year (event-wise), it would have to be the (solo) "anniversary" events.

One (single) event vs a month with multiple events isn't comparable, IMO.

I also reckon that the the current event, while not a good one for me specifically, should be great for veterans (and D3 regulars) who have missing girls and kobans to spend.

In that perspective, an anniversary month should be much more versatile and be able to have something (and hopefully, extras/bonus) for everyone, than last year's solo event 👍

2 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I was only stating that if you want to compare something between last year and this year (event-wise), it would have to be the (solo) "anniversary" events.

I think that's a meaningless comparison. I'd rather compare last year's anniversary celebrations to this year's celebrations. "Oh, players didn't feel we did enough last year since it was only in a few days. Okay, let's make it a whole MONTH of celebrations then".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

So by cherrypicking and ignoring the majority of the anniversary this year, sure. I've got numerous issues with the rest of what you say (especially that you SOMEHOW consider the boss girl selections worse in this one overall), but not worth listing them since you've got those giant blinders on.

just to be clear, I didnt understood him the way he wasnt complaining about the girls selection in general but about valicta in particular. And that's what I am only agree to, this wasnt really well thought. The girl selection in general was way better than last year, especially for a every day player who gets every mission girl.

1 hour ago, Karyia said:

Use any term you want... if you can compare last year's event with something remotely similar this year, it's the current event and nothing else (in the "anniversary" event category, if you prefer). 

not sure, how you actually can agree to george's post (which I assume you do with your like) but stating this a few minutes before. I basically said the same, that you cant compare a piece of this anniversary with the whole anniversary last year.

But, with no pun intended, I dont think you really got what I was writing (which can be of course my fault because my English isnt really good as you can see), and that's what makes me believe, you didnt know what this technical term means. I try it one more time: I didnt say you should compare one event with two or more events, I just said, the object of comparison are the festivities and not an event but if you compare just the two events it's a flawed comparison because you mix two different 'categories'. Last year the festivities were going for 5 days, this year they are going to go for a month. If you want to compare the anniversary you have to compare it on this level: the festivities and what they offer in total.

Edited by blaa
  • Thanks 1

Just now, blaa said:

just to be clear, I didnt understood him the way he wasnt complaining about the girls selection in general but about valicta in particular. And that's what I am only agree to, this wasnt really well thought. The girl selection in general was way better than last year, especially for a every day player who gets every mission girl.

not sure, who you actually can agree to george's post (which I assume you do with your like) but stating this a few minutes before. I basically said the same, that you cant compare a piece of this anniversary with the whole anniversary last year.

But, with no pun intended, I dont think you really got what I was writing (which can be of course my fault because my English isnt really good as you can see), and that's what makes me believe, you didnt know what this technical term means. I try it one more time: I didnt they you should compare one event with two or more events, I just said, the object of comparison are the festivities and not an event but if you compare just the two events it's a flawed comparison because you mix two different 'categories'. Last year the festivities were going for 5 days, this year they are going to go for a month. If you want to compare the anniversary you have to compare it on this level: the festivities.

@blaa, it seems we were actually thinking along the same lines, despite putting it very differently :D 😅

No harm, no foul 👍 

I apologise from my side of things 👌

• Like 1

As a bonus I managed to get Belinda and Winter Sophie from the Event Pachinko with my 2 saved orbs from the PoA.

Of course I was aiming at Golden Bunny or Sponsor Sara Jay. 😉 But there were just too many girls in the event pool that I don't have in my harem ...

But hey, at least I got 2 more girls out of it!

But I'm really sad that Sara Jay was only available in the Pachinko and not from a villain, because I already have 62 shards of her (ran out of Kobans then) ...

Ended up getting Lopussy. I reached about 65 shards with free combativity, then got to 93 with 4 refills.

I'm slightly annoyed that I was stalled at 99 shards for her and had to use two more refills to get the last shard. So 6 refills total

7800 kobans spent for Bernadette Barda, Winter Sophie and Madame Charlie. Not bad... for an Epic Days. I would have liked to go for Lopussy too but not knowing the next anniversary events (and not having infinite kobans) it's not worth the risk.

No event girl taken from the pachinko but it could have been worse, I could have received Valicta, Sara Jay or Natasha, so well so, danger dodged, let's see what the next events of the month reserve for us.

well that challenge was a waste of time since Madame Charlie proved impossible (without paying of course) to get even though I used every possible fist. It's practically the first time I haven't won at least one girl. But I knew the chances were remote when it only gave 1 heart each time.

Oh well she'll just my other 70 for which I didn't get 100., when I started to play. 

I really hope there will come a time when they'll let us have a 2nd chance at some of these which are partially done. I did get one like it the other day bur that has happened only once so far.