[ 19-Aug-20 ] Legendary Contests #2 - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Yet Another Poll  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Rate New Girl

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

My bracket is the same @Zanko : the difference is that the first has "only" 900,000 points and the 3rd is at 640,000. What a fun event guys, i guess i'll even have to use kobans to stay in a top 10 also becouse while everyone one will have 4 days to get the girl mine will be probably 2 if my obligations remains. What a fun and peacefully event...... really...... veeeeery fun.........

52 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for the long reply to clarify things for me

I am not really disagreeing with your analysis, but I still think most player (end tier) will win this contest through contest points.

Firstly, there is an anecdotale argument: If the HH contest where on nutaku I could make alone 3,8M from girls experience and selling trashy items (including grey boosters). On nutaku it's even worse (or better): i have 39 girls in epic pachinko left, which, if I would roll for them, what i can (with free ressources), would give me also around 3,8M points. And I am not speaking of all my orbs or the money which could give another 3-5M points easily. (Obviously there are some resrtriction to it: do I have enough girls for pachinko contest etc. pp. Higher players probably dont have that much.) To put it even more in perspective: From doing all daily missions, winning every arena fight, using every token I generated so far (started with 15 and did one refill) I got 170k points. Since I also did 4 great pachinko games I am currently on 15 places with a little bit over 200k.

Secondly, there are various screenshots showing people have way to much points for getting them just with the non-RC points. Obviously there are a lot of high tier players who havent all the girls or even have upgraded them (so I am not talking only about the dominating players but about (almost) everyone over 400+). I think, that's were your analysis is not as on point as it should be. The common high tier player isnt that strong. (Actually there arent so many 400+ tier players who have and buy everything, and even if there were many, most of them dont upgrade their girls to max since the effect is neglectable, so they can (and often do) save a lot of books just for contests).

So I think, if I assume people play similar like I do and the screenshots are representative for a lot of contest (7/10?), there are good points for my statement. What I dont know, if it's convincing. 😃

Thirdly, you are absolutely right. Not every contest would be a great combination for 1st-Day-LC; but these two are pretty good; and I am still not seeing more than 10% winning this contest mostly from their non-RC-points.

I am looking forward how the first day ends; my prediction: we wont see a lot of screens or hear a lot of stories about people who won his/her bracket without getting a lot of pachinko or girl-xp points, even in the bracket of our friend who's name we both cant spell.

• Like 4

hace 56 minutos, windia dijo:

When did I miss the patch notes that also standard contests switched from reward scheme

• 1st
  • 2nd-4th
  • 5th-11th
  • 12th-26th
  • 27th+

To the LC reward scheme?

• 1st
  • 2nd-4th
  • 5th-10th
  • 11th-25th
  • 26th+

Did that happen with the introduction of "rebalanced" daily contests?

They don't mention it in the patch notes, but yeah, they must have changed it at the same time.

At least it's not one of those changes that are a deal breaker and, let's be honest, it makes more sesnse this way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eman said:

They don't mention it in the patch notes, but yeah, they must have changed it at the same time.

At least it's not one of those changes that are a deal breaker and, let's be honest, it makes more sesnse this way.

It just makes sniping worse by changing how the rewards are given out based on contest ranks since you need a even higher rank to stop people sniping your rank even if you're not in the top 4.

I am selling items and giving exp to girls because if you get contest points in the what's this mess contest it gives points for the legendary contest as well since that has a gain contest points one.

Edited by natstar

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:
  • Most of them have an amount of upgradable girls close to or equal to zero.
  • They level up every other week or whatever, so for most of them there won't be an influx of Girl XP from that specifically today either.
  • On the final day of the league (eg today), they shouldn't have too many remaining league fights to play, even if most of those are wins.

So I disagree on some of these points. Buying out the market every refresh is completely incapable of keeping up with the demands of girl exp at higher levels due to both the expanded harem size, and the increasing amount of exp required for each girl level up. Here's my current deficit:

image.png

As above, I don't feel like many people will need the influx, but a single level provides a big amount of exp potential when you're at 400+ girls, so even that should show up PVP.

I also disagree on people having finished the league. Most of us take the league slow and steady in D3, since that way we're better able to spot people who are unboosted and thus get a few more points. There's some that do rush sure, but that's actually much more likely to affect people trying for top 15 in D2 and below than the top competitors in d3.

7 hours ago, Eman said:

I was wondering if this lag could come from the top dogs refreshing the arena too often, causing the server to process more data than usual? After all, most of the biggest players of HH will already be out of people to fight in the leagues, and the only other way to get lots of points would be to win as many arena fights as possible.

As above, I disagree that most of the biggest players would be out of league fights

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Eman said:

I was wondering if this lag could come from the top dogs refreshing the arena too often, causing the server to process more data than usual? After all, most of the biggest players of HH will already be out of people to fight in the leagues, and the only other way to get lots of points would be to win as many arena fights as possible.

No point refreshing for arena fights part of the legendary contest is that you get points from the other event due to gaining points from contests giving points as well.

• Like 1

I am barely hanging on for 25 shards on Day 1. (bracket 361-400 btw)

Have not made use of Regular Contest scoring yet, I will probably need to make use of that just to stay in the top 25. Top 10 is already out of reach for me.

Person topping my bracket currently is a weird one...

Level 362 on an account that's 3 years old. Profile lists a 99th place in a D3 bracket - so close to zero points if any, coming from XP in the Legendary Contest bar the small amount from daily missions.

I am assuming either the person had tons of books and items to sell and scored everything from the Regular contest or

claimed more than a week's worth of unclaimed daily missions (am not even sure if it's possible to keep unclaimed missions and get new ones at reset)

1625741138_ScreenShot2020-08-20at1_38_16PM.png.2cd64a772a8063fe2b16e3a9aa497008.png

16 hours ago, blaa said:

This contest isnt won on both (relevant) servers with league wins; on nutaku it's through pachinko and on HH it's through experience on girls; since they added the possibility to get points for normal contest points the first LC contest is in most cases a contest contest and not an xp/pvp contest anymore

edit: at least for higher brackets where most pepole have so many ressources you couldnt even have a chance (for a good placement) if you had all tokens available

The girl is won however you win her. If you can win her today with PvP wins and other contest points, you win it that way. If you wait for Orb usage, you win it that way, and so on. You may have to win the girl by multiple means to get enough shards; people will get her different ways on different days.

I recently crossed the level 401 barrier into the free-for-all, so I don't expect to get her on any one day, but might be able to pull it off over the totality of the 4 days.

Edited by Zteev
  • Thinking 1

18 hours ago, natstar said:

5 star that is why all the hardcore players want her and a lot of people changed from charm/know-how into hardcore for pvp and her being 5 star means a lot of people are going to want her.

I think you are forgetting thw people who already got 3 5*leggies and don't like her. Not anyone would want her just cause she's a 5*leggie. Moreover not everyone switched from ch to hc, some remained ch(and are pretty decent in ToF) and some have gone over to ch. I'm personally skipping this one and i suspect that other will  too, or at least try to get her half-heartedly without investing tons of resources.

12 hours ago, Albert80082 said:

Like what the hell, is this what i'm supposed to expect when i hit 400? Someone straight up hitting 2,5M points?????!!

On 200 the top guy has 130k. How the hell do you even achieve 2,5M on this event? Did he gather trash items since the game released?

Yeah pretty much! Those gray gifts from Karole finally became of some use.

13 hours ago, Albert80082 said:

Like what the hell, is this what i'm supposed to expect when i hit 400? Someone straight up hitting 2,5M points?????!!

On 200 the top guy has 130k. How the hell do you even achieve 2,5M on this event? Did he gather trash items since the game released?

giving exp to girls seems to be better way to get points either that or i was not getting points for all the items i was selling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zteev said:

The girl is won however you win her. If you can win her today with PvP wins and other contest points, you win it that way. If you wait for Orb usage, you win it that way, and so on. You may have to win the girl by multiple means to get enough shards; people will get her different ways on different days.

I recently crossed the level 401 barrier into the free-for-all, so I don't expect to get her on any one day, but might be able to pull it off over the totality of the 4 days.

Well, obviously the girl is won however you win her. That's always true because it's a tautology. And obviously there are different ways to win her.

All I was saying that if you want to win her on day1, your chances for winning her alone with league fights and hero experience isnt that big; if you want her today you will win her most likely only through spending a lot of orbs/pachinko rolls (nutaku) or girl experience (HH). But, yeah, obviously, if you dont win her today, you may win her, if you win her, however you win her.

In my case, I am not really decided yet; to get a top 4 placement I have to pull 8x10 spins (80 single orbs); but I am not sure if I want to, most likely I will wait and take the 25 shards.

• Like 1

What a mess. 

Would like to ignore this event (cost are way to high/dont like it/not relaxing etc.). However 5 star HC legendary (would be my second) so really like to get the girl for strenghtening my battle team. 😠

• Sad 1

i really hoped to end in the top 4 to end immediately this horrible thing, but it seems that people are in the same spirit of me. The points are way high i'll be lucky to end in the top 10, god i want this to end so badly, if only the girl was not a well drawn god of war parody i would have let her go, this is self destructive and stressfull. Actually can i hear an opinion of someone who likes this event? If there is one can you tell me if you are a F2p and your level ? Why you like this ? Thanks, i'm trying to understand becouse i don't see where the fun is 

Edited by Xemnas

hace 12 horas, natstar dijo:

It just makes sniping worse by changing how the rewards are given out based on contest ranks since you need a even higher rank to stop people sniping your rank even if you're not in the top 4.

Sorry for the late reply.

They're only changing 1 position, from 5-11th to 5-10th and from 12-26th to 11-25th. That's hardly a major change that won't really affect how most of us play.

2 hours ago, blaa said:

Well, obviously the girl is won however you win her. That's always true because it's a tautology. And obviously there are different ways to win her.

All I was saying that if you want to win her on day1, your chances for winning her alone with league fights and hero experience isnt that big; if you want her today you will win her most likely only through spending a lot of orbs/pachinko rolls (nutaku) or girl experience (HH). But, yeah, obviously, if you dont win her today, you may win her, if you win her, however you win her.

In my case, I am not really decided yet; to get a top 4 placement I have to pull 8x10 spins (80 single orbs); but I am not sure if I want to, most likely I will wait and take the 25 shards.

I understand you now. I was thinking you were looking at the event as a whole, and I find in interesting that Nutaku & HH have different contests on day 1.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eman said:

Sorry for the late reply.

They're only changing 1 position, from 5-11th to 5-10th and from 12-26th to 11-25th. That's hardly a major change that won't really affect how most of us play.

It's a small change yes but it reduces total amount of shards obtainable during a legendary contest.

Like we need the legendary contest to be even more competitive, servers had a stroke 20 minutes before reset this time.

Well, first day is over, and I did better than expected:

440242465_contest1.thumb.JPG.0338380fe1c0ceaa21793c37be9a4b0b.JPG

I wasn't expecting to get any shards from an experience plus PvP fights event, but I admit that I used roughly 10k experience on girls, which helped a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1