FinderKeeper

Welcome to Lag Town  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Tano

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Since the big name from my Day 3 orbs bracket hasn't posted it... ;)

Am I correct in assuming that you are referring to me? 😅 

I had over 490 champion tickets so I fought all champions (I did not use bad gear or wrong girls to make the fights crave more tickets).
I hoped that that + all the villain fights would be enough. It wasn't.
I used kobans on the first 3 champions to "finish early" the next day ( about 1 hour before reset, which was about 53 kobans each) and fought those 3 again until their current stage was cleared.
At the end of it all, I had 320 tickets left, so about 170 champion fights in total.

I did today's champion fights from my phone as I wasn't at home at the time... taking a screenshot wasn't on my mind then, so thanks Shal 😘 

7 minutes ago, windia said:

I was in this bracket too

Edit: Hmm what's your name on HH @windia ? I don't remember seeing "windia" there at least.

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 1

Saved up 2 days worth of daily missions and also did a number of league refreshes. Preparing like this for the first contest is quite a gamble, who knows what the other contest happens to be, but we had item selling in Nutaku. (Lucky!)

Spent ~250 tickets and 50 gold in the end to snipe the 1st place. I think 3 EPx1 are worth more..

My opinion on Tano is stellar. There are better girls in our game and there are far worse. There are lean and there are thick girls IRL too, right? Some of the newer people who happen to think she is fugly are actually lucky that we have yet to get a legendary revival of a truly monstrous creature, the one called S*ra. That event will certainly make them drop the game outright :)

upload0.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MisterCat said:

It really would be nice to see a random, secret ending time for these contests.  The amount of last minute sniping must be enormous as all those players lucky enough to be awake during contest end take advantage.    3 of 3 'contests' I've gone from top five down into the 11-25 tier just for not being willing to get up at 3am.  

Or let's go another way: players can see their positions and points only in the first 12 hours and after the finish contest. It's time for mind games. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

Managed to hang in the top 25 yesterday, getting me to 75%.

Having horrible luck with shard drops today. I went into today with 4 boss girls over 90% obtained. I've gotten 1 so far, and another is sitting on 99%. That will get me into the top 25, and then I will work on leveling girls from there. Have a number at level 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Master Edward said:

Or let's go another way: players can see their positions and points only in the first 12 hours and after the finish contest. It's time for mind games. 😄

DAMN DUDE!  I LIKE that idea.  Make the last 12 hours of a contest blind as far as the results.  That might crush any sniping like a bug. :)  NICE IDEA.  Unfortunately, I bet the developers never have the testicular fortitude to implement such a radical idea.

Edited by Dr. Lust
A more intellectual way to state something.....
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

DAMN DUDE!  I LIKE that idea.  Make the last 12 hours of a contest blind as far as the results.  That might crush any sniping like a bug. :)  NICE IDEA.  Unfortunately, I bet the developers never have the testicular fortitude to implement such a radical idea.

be better to just let players choose between two different contest end times when making their account or being able to choose from settings cannot really do more than that or would not have enough people for contests at lower level brackets.

4 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

Make the last 12 hours of a contest blind as far as the results.  That might crush any sniping like a bug.

I see it the other way around. Because nobody would see the points, everybody would spam their tasks wasting resources gathered for months. Imagine wasting all of your legendary exp books just to end up on a place which doesn't satisfy you, like 26th. I honestly would be pissed off. It wouldn't be a contest anymore but a blind spam fest which would be even more unfair than it is now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kojot said:

I see it the other way around. Because nobody would see the points, everybody would spam their tasks wasting resources gathered for months. Imagine wasting all of your legendary exp books just to end up on a place which doesn't satisfy you, like 26th. I honestly would be pissed off. It wouldn't be a contest anymore but a blind spam fest which would be even more unfair than it is now.

Unfair? It would be exactly the same for everybody, I fail to see how that's unfair. And yes, you'd sometimes lose, that's the point of competing against other players, right?

I wouldn't play it as a spam fest and I'm sure many other people wouldn't neither.

Personally, I love the idea, and it's easier to implement than other ideas we've had.

• Thinking 2

22 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Unfair? It would be exactly the same for everybody, I fail to see how that's unfair. And yes, you'd sometimes lose, that's the point of competing against other players, right?

I wouldn't play it as a spam fest and I'm sure many other people wouldn't neither.

Personally, I love the idea, and it's easier to implement than other ideas we've had.

It's more like a lottery rather than a competition. You don't know against who you compete (I mean points, not names), you can't plan how much effort you should contribute to get a prize. This is a real mind game - planning and using your resources economically to outplay others. If you struggle with snipers, be a sniper yourself. You gathered enough resources to see whether it is worth to contribute them for the top 10 or maybe top 25. You can make some decisions. In blind contest you know nothing about the other competitors and you can lose everything without getting a desirable prize.

Don't get me wrong. I don't enjoy Legendary Contest whatsoever. But making it blind would be worse than not getting a single shard drop from troll fights (in troll fights you can see whether something is wrong, at least, while a blind contest is... well... blind).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hidden-scoring contests would favour...wait for it...players who can afford to waste resources the most, i.e. whales and extremely high-level players. So basically the same as currently, just even worse. Awesome idea.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While I'm still not a fan of Legendary Contests I have to admit that was, for me at least, a profitable event: (in the level 281-320 bracket) I ended up taking a top 4 finish in the 1st contest followed by 3 1st place finishes in the subsequent contests & my total koban spend was one (1) League refill. I'll be in the level 321-360 bracket for the next contest, however, & I suspect that will be harder/more astutely fought.

Edited by Caradog
typo
  • Like 5

Top ten? I'll do it again! 😀 (321-360 bracket)

164387870_-1.jpg.8b16343b13e288c05d7f228cc3d27ece.jpg

So, the plan for the contests was:

1. To get the girl on the first day (top 4) ✔️
  2. To get x6 Mythic Pachinko orb on the second day (top 4)  (finished top 10 in an overwhelming bracket)
  3. To get x6 Mythic Pachinko orb on the third day (top 4) ✔️
  4. To get something on the last day (top 10 with x3 Mythic Pachinko orb, hopefully) ✔️
  5. ...
  6. PROFIT! ✔️✔️✔️ (only 3 league refills koban-wise during the whole event)
Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 4

well, got the girl in the end; didnt spend too much, but more than I wanted to for these poor placements, like 10 EP orbs and one combativity refill.

image.png.04ded8cda42c88041c811d459f2a2c44.pngimage.png.9a0c0f781939f158f607a62a214a153d.png

I am hoping the survey results indicate to KK that LC is not what (a big part of) the community wants, even though I am sure, they wont read it this way.

• Like 4

Just now, blaa said:

I am hoping the survey results indicate to KK that LC is not what (a big part of) the community wants, even though I am sure, they wont read it this way.

I would say the same but dont get your hopes up, this is the 3rd time they brought piece of shit event, it's probably here to stay. 

8 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

I would say the same but dont get your hopes up, this is the 3rd time they brought piece of shit event, it's probably here to stay. 

Nothing stays forever and without hope, everything is lost.

5 minutes ago, windia said:

well, this are the survey results:

I am well aware, thanks, just hoping they read them like I want them to be read. =D

Edited by blaa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kojot said:

It's more like a lottery rather than a competition. You don't know against who you compete (I mean points, not names), you can't plan how much effort you should contribute to get a prize. This is a real mind game - planning and using your resources economically to outplay others. If you struggle with snipers, be a sniper yourself. You gathered enough resources to see whether it is worth to contribute them for the top 10 or maybe top 25. You can make some decisions. In blind contest you know nothing about the other competitors and you can lose everything without getting a desirable prize.

Don't get me wrong. I don't enjoy Legendary Contest whatsoever. But making it blind would be worse than not getting a single shard drop from troll fights (in troll fights you can see whether something is wrong, at least, while a blind contest is... well... blind).

Wait, Legendary Contest? I was thinking about normal Contests. Legendary Contests should just disappear.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, blaa said:

well, got the girl in the end; didnt spend too much, but more than I wanted to for these poor placements, like 10 EP orbs and one combativity refill.

image.png.04ded8cda42c88041c811d459f2a2c44.pngimage.png.9a0c0f781939f158f607a62a214a153d.png

5th-10th should be 75 shards and 11-25th should give 50 shards and 26 and below 25 shards and a random gift (could give a extra bonus to 1st,2nd-4th and 5-10th to make up for it such as adding combativity and koban reward like normal contests so people would still go out of their way for the extra rewards.

• Like 1

200923_LC4-final.png.d43566385066c3de44411bf7a8acf69e.png

Bracket 361-400.

Another top 4 spot on the last day ... I even had hopes to compete for 1st that was inhabited by BubbaGrumpus until about an hour before the deadline. Then these other 2 whooshed by us out of nowhere and that was that ... ;)

Still I'm happy with my results for this Event: got the girl on day 2 (50+50) and 2 6xMP orbs on the remaining 2 days. Didn't spend any Kobans, only a small donation of Ymens on the 1st day.

• Like 4