• /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Sexy Summer. Meh
    • \_____________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Wanton Winter. Meh
    • \_____________/ Yucky

21 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:
  19 hours ago, jelom said:

save some combativity for the next classic event (I don't advise that, you save 110 but waste 50 because you lost one day regeneration)

20 hours ago, _shal_ said:
21 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Not exactly. You make the PoA significantly longer and more difficult to complete, and you sacrifice 48 plain old regular (non-event) villain fights (at least when the schedule has an "off day" in between the events, which isn't always the case). In exchange, you get to stash and convert a whole bunch of plain old regular (non-event) villain fights into koban-free refills for the next event. There is a price to pay, and it's only manageable for very dedicated players with good planning and time management, but there are real benefits if you can pull it off. The value of a plain old regular fight vs a fight that helps with a fight-based event aren't quite comparable, and on top of that you "waste" far fewer of the less valuable ones than the number of the more valuable ones you can save up.

FWIW, I'm seriously considering doing it as well. Spending on refills in a classic event isn't exactly a live-or-die decision for me, but giving up 48 Nike fights for up to 1188 kobans in possible event savings is definitely something in the "worth thinking about" category. 

After thinking twice about it, you have convinced me that it is not a bad idea after all, you are trading one day of combativity for kobans, and at both your current status in the game, saving kobans is more important, and getting one more event girl without refills is better than getting a permanent girl one day earlier. Of course not all players have the time to do the fine management to finish the PoA without using reward combativity, because the event lasts only 6 days.

In my current situation, I prefer spending now the fights to get Nike tier 1 girls earlier, because I still need thousands of fights to unlock all villains tier 3 girls, and my kobans income is being enough to do some refills in events if needed. But yes, kobanwise your strategy is the most economic, so it is another point up for PoA events.

Credits to Xemnas for first proposing that strategy.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Proshka said:

And you're right again. I'm not going to call anyone to anything. For me personally, the game has become unacceptable because of all these decisions that I listed above. Of course I will stop playing it. True, this will not save the game from all these problems. Especially if you pretend that such opinions are just the yapping of stupid grumpy haters.

And you'll be back for a third one-month run of quickly getting bored of the game again next August, won't you.

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

And you'll be back for a third one-month run of quickly getting bored of the game again next August, won't you.

You know you and Chthunga really aren't helping the case for this game when it comes to forum interaction... I've at least come to appreciate George cuz his no-bs attitude is needed and very useful as he's a mod.

Back on topic- I agree with @Proshka almost entirely. I've said it before myself, this game has lowered it's standards for so long that now you get way less enjoyment for acquiring a girl than before, and devaluing the girl tier is something I havent even considered, but it makes sense in retrospect- Legendary girls are the most expensive to upgrade after all, and "legendary" used to mean something about quality, so it gives a false impression until you figure out what happened in the past year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

You know you and Chthunga really aren't helping the case for this game when it comes to forum interaction... I've at least come to appreciate George cuz his no-bs attitude is needed and very useful as he's a mod.

Does it upset you when it gets pointed out that some people only seem to be here to complain? By their own admission Proshka initially played the game last year, dropped it only a few weeks later because it wasn't their thing at all, came back recently, and immediately started doing nothing but complain that - surprise! - the way this game works still isn't theír thing. I guess some people's path to self-discovery is necessarily a bit longer than average, but I don't feel the need to humour it. Especially not when that discovery process includes lots of self-important blather and pretending to speak for large amounts of players.

We'll see if this second retirement from the game actually sticks. I have my doubts, as my previous post indicated.

Edited by _shal_

2 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Guys, please, let's keep this forum less toxic than internet average.

That horse bolted the stable a long time ago, mostly because of people who are only here anymore for the emotional kick they get from seeing that there are other people who dislike the same things they do.

• Haha 1

hace 3 minutos, Stang91 dijo:

So I'm at the stage where you need contest points to pass. I know they have this during practically every PoA event, but I can never remember how you get the points exactly.

Can someone please refresh my memory?

You just need to score points in the daily contest. Today's contest is "A Symbiotic Harem", which means that you'll earn contest points by earning experience for your character and giving experience to your girls.

Edited by Eman
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, _shal_ said:
8 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Guys, please, let's keep this forum less toxic than internet average.

That horse bolted the stable a long time ago, mostly because of people who are only here anymore for the emotional kick they get from seeing that there are other people who dislike the same things they do.

This made me laugh (as a person). Having said that, as a moderator, I keep an eye on the toxicity level of the forum, believe you me (and so do my partners in crime).

The back and forth between Čamuga and Shal about the departure of Proshka was unnecessary and a bit off topic, but still acceptable. I've removed a few posts that followed on that path and went a bit too deep into personal attack territory, though (no formal warning sent for these, but I hope some will notice their removed post and take that as a hint).

Let's keep this thread on topic, and the atmosphere friendly (or at least neutral).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, jelom said:

Credits to Xemnas for first proposing that strategy

You know desperate moments (9 days event instead of 12) requires desperate solutions XD. That said the 7200 kobans are a good investment becouse you get 4 girls at the price of 1 and half plus the other rewards and this little trick to "have more time" in classic event, it is true tho that i can do this becouse i'm a veteran so i can place myself in a decent position in the league otherwise probably this is a prohibitive expence, that should not be done (i still have to know the feeling of getting 1st in a league XD).

Now in this poa i had some "real life duties" that destroied all my plans and calculation, so with the new plan that i had to do, i had to use some more kobans that the 7200. So for me this poa was "a disaster".

But please if someone is able to do all the path in the given days, without using the combactivity but only the energy and the money rewads, let me know. I need to know if it is possible XD

P.S. This is the second time that i take back the thread on topic and save the day praise me @DvDivXXX XD (joking ty mods)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minuti fa, Xemnas ha scritto:

But please if someone is able to do all the path in the given days, without using the combactivity but only the energy and the money rewads, let me know. I need to know if it is possible XD

I'm currently at 69/100 villain fights (task XIV), no refills, no premium path unlocked. I'll complete the path more or less half a day before the actual end of the event.

To be completely honest, this time I spent 24 kobans on champions performances: due to real life duties I lost ~5 hours during my 60 champions performances task, and I ended up at 55/60 with only Alban left. I decided to spend those 24 kobans to speed up 1 hour and start the 100 villain fight before going to sleep, otherwise I was afraid to complete that on the very last day, which would have meant that for the 10000 points in contest task I'd have had only the last day of event daily contest. Completely doable with most of the daily contests, but there are a couple of not great ones to reach 10000 points, so I preferred spending 24kobans in order to be sure of having one daily contest more to complete the second to last task

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Definitely possible. Haven't completed it yet, but here is my progress.

53016674_ScreenShot2020-09-28at4_21_06PM.png.bff3532fd6fc1c8f2445171b3dadf527.png

At this rate, I will be done with the villains fight 13 hours time, which will leave about 40 hours to complete stage 15 and stage 16. Depending on RNG, 15 can be completed in seconds, the remaining 40 hours is largely sufficient to complete 60 PVP wins.

1918345163_ScreenShot2020-09-28at4_20_36PM.png.06cd0aaa3ee5b063ae3f78b35c6302ec.png570289097_ScreenShot2020-09-28at4_20_54PM.png.6c293c336d38a88d73f5e3287245ed0f.png

I have not touched any of the combativity rewards, but for the first reward of 10 (which I used to speed up a task before going to sleep).

But whatever amount of time I saved with this is negated by this:

I bungled my energy spending, I had everything set up to have 220 energy collected before Stage 12 (with all the rewards), but my scroll ran out at 16 energy, I ended up only being able to spend 196 energy, so I had to wait another 5 hours to be able to spend 60 energy on a ticket.

I also did not rush to finish the tasks as soon as possible. I did not let the path get in the way of my normal play, which is around contest reset times. That means, I lost a few hours here and there, waiting to complete my villains tasks / PVP tasks a few hours later than I could, just in case there would be a villain contest or an XP one at reset. So all in all, if you discount those hours, there is still a bit of buffer left to complete it, if you don't care much about contests.

I am also going to save the Combativity points for the next event. I've wanted to do that in the last POA, but villain contests during the POA tempted me to spend them straight away. If there isn't any more of those contests to tempt me in spending them before the end of the month, I will start the classic event with 120 in the bank.

If I may have a suggestion, it would be that the POA is moved immediately before the classic event starts. That way, if you collect your unused Combativity Points at the very last moment, you also don't lose the 48 fights in the rest day between the POA and the classic event, making full use of every CP possible. The rest day that is freed can be used in between the other events.

I know that there is a lot complaints about back-to-back events, but a classic event is the most laid back event type and requires nothing in terms of planning. So I don't think there would be much sense in complaining about having the classic event starting straight away after the POA ends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zamio said:

At this rate, I will be done with the villains fight 13 hours time, which will leave about 40 hours to complete stage 15 and stage 16. Depending on RNG, 15 can be completed in seconds, the remaining 40 hours is largely sufficient to complete 60 PVP wins.

I'm roughly on the same schedule. Only claimed the two rewards for tickets and one for energy from the free column for faster progress.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I'm roughly on the same schedule. Only claimed the two rewards for tickets and one for energy from the free column for faster progress.

the villain contest generated at reset threw a little spanner in the works. Still doable, but with much tighter margins and planning will have to be optimal

edit: assuming I don't use the reward CPs itself to get it done.

Edited by Zamio

3 ore fa, Antimon ha scritto:

I'm currently at 69/100 villain fights (task XIV), no refills, no premium path unlocked. I'll complete the path more or less half a day before the actual end of the event.

And no CPs rewards of the free path claimed, of course (that was the whole point)

49 minuti fa, Zamio ha scritto:

the villain contest generated at reset threw a little spanner in the works. Still doable, but with much tighter margins and planning will have to be optimal

edit: assuming I don't use the reward CPs itself to get it done.

This is exactly one of the contests I was afraid of having on the last day 😂 But given my situation right now, even in the worst case scenario (that is another "bad" daily contest tomorrow) I should be doing just fine

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Antimon said:

And no CPs rewards of the free path claimed, of course (that was the whole point)

This is exactly one of the contests I was afraid of having on the last day 😂 But given my situation right now, even in the worst case scenario (that is another "bad" daily contest tomorrow) I should be doing just fine

the worst one of all 🤣. I'll wear my tinfoil hat if that same one gets generated tomorrow.

I have no choice now, but to wait for reset tomorrow to get past task 15, unlikely I can get that many Arena fights to complete it before. Even if I decide to use the CP to get some kobans, that would not save time as I would have waited the last minute to decide whether to go for kobans or not.

I'll possibly trade 30-40 for 300 kobans, all in all it seems equivalent to its weight in recharges.

• Haha 1

Well, I've finished the event (yay for me!), and I've done it claiming all the rewards, which I'm glad for. Otherwise, I'd probably still be stuck in the villain fights or the collect points in contests tasks (for today, even more villain fights), and then the 60 PVP wins that take me more than a day to complete. I'm not sure I'd be able to complete this event without using all the rewards.

All in all, I'm quite happy with how the event has gone. Good luck for those still working on their tasks.

• Like 8

hace 1 hora, Dr. Lust dijo:

Stuck on step 15, get 10,000 contest points.  IF I get past that Lord only knows if I'll be able to get the 60 PvP wins on step 16.  If I do, great.  If I don't, that's cool.  I never expected to get this far anyway. :)  Good Luck everyone.

I had a similar problem in test server... I finished doing combativity (mission prior to the contest) in the middle of the day today with the bad luck that today's contest forces me to sell objects (so I am standing without doing anything ), I hope that tomorrow being the last day the game does not force me to make another contest to sell objects

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jan Red Dragon said:

I had a similar problem in test server... I finished doing combativity (mission prior to the contest) in the middle of the day today with the bad luck that today's contest forces me to sell objects (so I am standing without doing anything ), I hope that tomorrow being the last day the game does not force me to make another contest to sell objects

I did realize this when there was a Contest mid-POA to sell objects, that I might be screwed if I did so and the 10k was to sell all objects, so I turned into a hoarder.

I also believe this is the first POA (at least where I participated) where there wasn't a League reset in the middle, so I really had to watch my League battles a little more carefully.  I am curious if I'll rank lower as a result.

So, while some above said boring or whatever, this did take a little more concentration/effort on my end.  I think I finished about the same time though so maybe also luck.

I am also lower on Champion tickets than any past POA but I can't attribute this to anything POA related (maybe multi-event related?)...I am guessing it's just scaling faster than me.

Good luck to those who are still fighting.

• Like 2

I was thinking... how many contests can you keep unclaimed before you no longer get new ones, 3 or 4?

While I haven't saved combativity rewards for the next event, I could save the rewards and get maybe half a dozen extra fights when the time comes. it's far from the same, but everything helps.

hace 25 minutos, jpanda dijo:

I did realize this when there was a Contest mid-POA to sell objects, that I might be screwed if I did so and the 10k was to sell all objects, so I turned into a hoarder.

I also believe this is the first POA (at least where I participated) where there wasn't a League reset in the middle, so I really had to watch my League battles a little more carefully.  I am curious if I'll rank lower as a result.

So, while some above said boring or whatever, this did take a little more concentration/effort on my end.  I think I finished about the same time though so maybe also luck.

I am also lower on Champion tickets than any past POA but I can't attribute this to anything POA related (maybe multi-event related?)...I am guessing it's just scaling faster than me.

Good luck to those who are still fighting.

I think they have 4 POAs, so if it is your first time it must be difficult for you .

And I hate POAs since it is an event that forces us to do something even if you don't want to (POAs would be better played if you you could choose the mission you want to do)

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

I think I've never seen the same contest twice in a row 🤔

Then you haven't been paying enough attention to that. We've had up to 4 times the same contest in a row at some point, and doubles aren't all that rare. It's a random selection each time, so it's bound to happen.

55 minutes ago, Eman said:

how many contests can you keep unclaimed before you no longer get new ones, 3 or 4?

It used to be 4. I'm about 90% sure it's been increased to 5 a few months back, but don't bet the house on it. If that helps, I've opened my test server account just to check and I had 4 unclaimed contest rewards and a 5th one active.

50 minutes ago, Jan Red Dragon said:

I think they have 4 POAs, so if it is your first time it must be difficult for you .

What are you trying to say? I honestly don't understand. Why would someone's first PoA event be more difficult than any other? The very first one was more difficult for everybody, but only because we didn't know what to expect. There's plenty of information available on this format by now, so the element of surprise can only work on a recent player who doesn't do any research. Also, the current PoA is the 5th one.

• Thanks 2