Mythic Days: Busting the Myths

Noacc

• Community Manager

1200x662_Blog_Post-768x424.png

Thanks to the feedback you have given us, now we have a solid base to improve Mythic Days!
In the following article, we will address your feedback, answer questions, and explain our choices and thought processes.
We’ll also share some plans for the future of the event.

“It’s too difficult to get the Mythic girls.”
“There are 2 events at the same time. “
“The girls are too expensive and the drop rates are too low.”

We read a lot of similar sentiments. The purpose of the Mythic Events is to offer more powerful and rare girls.
It is a challenging event and as such, it is up to you to decide whether Mythic girls are worth the shot. If not, you can just skip the event. This is why it’s happening during the classic event- so you have a choice. After all, if the girls were easy to get, they wouldn’t deserve their Mythic status.

Future plans for the Mythic Days

• Change shards recharge timer
    Right now the Mythic shards are replenished every 8 hours, for a total of 6 times per event. We plan the shard recharge timer to be changed to 12 hours, for a total of 4 times per event.

This change will give players higher chances of obtaining the shards.
    By increasing the recharge timer to 12hours fewer players will be forced to play during night time.

• More bundles
  • We will offer more bundles that have higher value when competing. Some of them will be event-related.
    For example, Mythic Days bundles will be Combativity focused. This will give you the opportunity to get more shards even if you did not plan to participate in the Mythic Days or you didn’t have time to gather enough resources. 
  • Furthermore, we are planning to redesign the appearance and the accessibility of the bundles. This improvement will be scheduled and released due to the feedback we’ve received from you, our players.

“Clicking the same Villain for 20 min to get the Mythic Character shards is very time-consuming and repetitive! Not fun at all!”

We hear you, guys. Indeed, performing against a troll for 30 min to get the Mythic character shards can be a bit repetitive and time-consuming. And this is what we plan to do: 

• x50 Performance on villains:
    We plan on implementing a button that will allow you to do 50 performances on a villain at once. This will save you time and will let your fingers rest. For the time being this option will be available only during Mythic Days.

• The x50 Performance option will be free for players who have the Gold or Platinum Monthly Cards.

“Hardcore players will have an advantage for the leagues until the time Know How and Charm will have their own Mythic Character.”

“Mythic characters are too powerful, how can I compete with them!?”

This imbalance will be temporary until other girl classes are released. The difference between Legendary and Mythic girls is not that high (+12%) so you can win with a good strategy. You can still be competitive even with Legendary characters!

“I don’t like the concept behind Mythic Days at all!”
“It is not worth the effort.“
“I’m a new player, so I don’t have resources for Mythic Characters”

Worry not, players. You can always count on us to give you more gorgeous Haremettes. We’ve started working on one-grade characters. They are here to balance the Mythic Characters out, the one-star beautiful and horny girls that will be super easy to collect!

They will join your Harem easier than other girls and will help new players to build a bigger Harem faster and be more competitive.

The one-star character concept is already in development, and it is planned for the first quarter of 2021. 

“There’s no explanation regarding the Mythic Days in the game”

Yes, for now. We are working on adding a tutorial to the Mythic Days. We are also thinking of adding more help and explanation tutorials in the future for both new and old features.

“Please add Mythic items”

We hear you and we are thinking of ways of implementing it.

“Some players won 102 shards for the Mythic Character.”

Indeed. In the future, this will be removed. Improving and polishing Mythic Days is important to us. We are searching for a better solution for such cases. Please be patient with us, we are working on a lot of projects. 

This is what we came up with so far, based on your feedback. We have many other cool ideas that will improve the feature and we will love to hear your feedback on them once we are ready. One example is making the Mythic events last longer. But first things first: we have to implement the improvements mentioned above. 

If you want to know more about the upcoming changes for the Mythic Days and any other related news please check out our Patch Notes: a fresh batch out every Wednesday. 

If you still don’t know what are the Mythic Days, don’t forget to check out our article about the Mythic Days!
If you want to have a look at the rest of the Events, please check out our article about the Events!

Thank you for making the Haremverse a better place. We greatly appreciate constructive feedback, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with us.

A lot of new exciting things are coming this year. Stay tuned.

• Thanks 2
  • Thinking 4
  • Sad 2

I think the change to shards every 12 hours is moving it in the exact wrong direction. Now it's even more likely that people will be busy when they're made available.

I think the x50 battle option (is this still only 12 kobans for non-card holders?) will also affect refills, and shouldn't be implemented until you fix the issue with people gaining excess shards, since that increases the likelyhood of excess shards and how many excess people are likely to receive.

This article does not fill me with hope for Mythic Days, which was already one of my least liked events.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Citation

x50 Performance on villains:
We plan on implementing a button that will allow you to do 50 performances on a villain at once. This will save you time and will let your fingers rest. For the time being this option will be available only during Mythic Days.

How can you implement that for the ones that are not with hundred of combativity ? It will be usefull only to those who buy combativity and so exceed the 20 ?

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Noacc said:

Worry not, players. You can always count on us to give you more gorgeous Haremettes. We’ve started working on one-grade characters. They are here to balance the Mythic Characters out, the one-star beautiful and horny girls that will be super easy to collect!

First, I appreciate that the team is taking time to answer concerns, flesh out their thought process, and give us more info. That is appreciated.

But this one-grade character news is the furthest possible thing from balance. I am sorry, but getting a plethora of random, one-scene girls is not something I am interested. I do not want "super easy to collect" girls, they already exist in the Villains. Random, one-star girls clogging up a Harem is just a waste of development time. There is nothing interesting, unique, or exciting about this decision, it's simply a "well, you can't get the girl you really want, so here's the dregs instead!"

If your aim is to balance the Mythic Girls, giving us higher shard drops for Villains or increasing combativity drops during the Mythic Days event would help. As it is, adding a bunch of random and cheap girls (and I am going to go out on a limb and make the prediction that the art probably won't be the highest priority for one star girls) is just a waste of resources and time. 

• Like 22
  • Thinking 1

If there would be no timezone problem with usual reset time - then I could imagine the change to "12 hour schedule for MP shards" could be a good thing. 

Yet I have something in my ear like "woah, I'm american and in huge disadvantage [now]". Like with many many countries round the world.

Or e.g. yoyowhan who could post shortly after LC day closed, but was unable to check and "not overperform"/snipe on reset time due to living in asia where for his family this is dinner time. 

So yes, if you want to avoid players playing MD at night - switch to 6 hour schedule instead. Or 4hours^^

And I still do not like the "groupies 1star girls" - because they will spam the battle screen much more than the regular event girls already do.

So as long as there is not at least a specialty selector/filter in change battle team screen, this will add more scrolling time. (and the story itself tells the MC how he should choose, so just following this implemented hint would reduce the girl volume to 33%.

Edited by windia
typo
  • Like 12

I like this response well enough overall, and it's nice to see that Kinkoid keeps being more reactive to our feedback in general lately.

Having said that, I share both @GeorgeMTO's concerns about the x50 option, and @KelvinSmythe's feedback on the 1-star girl concept (as I already voiced when it was initially announced).

The x50 option could need to be tweaked a little to fulfill its purpose of sparing us a lot of boring repetitive tasks while making the event feel more special. Instead of just putting the MD girl on a random map boss and using the exact same mechanics as the classic and revival "refill with kobans and fight the relevant troll(s)" event formats, how about a special Mythic boss that would only appear during MD events (and not be adventure mode related), and instead of using regular combativity, you come up with a separate currency, say Mythic Coins or whatever, that could only be bought and used in the MD tab/boss page? They could be for sale in bulk at a fixed koban price, and using 10 or more of them at once would not have an extra cost, regardless of your monthly subscription or lack thereof. This would remove the significant issue of players who don't have a Gold+ monthly card having to pay a ton of extra kobans due to x10 being the only realistic approach in the current format (contrary to all other events using this format, because they don't require so many consecutive clicks in such a short window). As a cherry on top, this would avoid some confusion and make it feel like its own thing (like PoP, PoA and Seasons).

As for 1-star girls, I'd like to renew my suggestion that you give them a separate status in the Harem instead of just clogging up and artificially boosting the Harem count of all players. This could also be an opportunity to add a little extra to strategy. Make them work similarly to pets or companions in many games (especially RPGs). Two poses and one affection scene doesn't leave enough room for an interesting stand-alone girl. But if these were extras or behind-the-scenes complementary to each a specific actual harem girl (eg 3+ stars), then it would be pretty valuable. As for game mechanics, it would be awesome if we could "equip" say 2 or 3 of these Harem Extras alongside our regular battle team, and having them equipped could give a minor boost to something else in the game, perhaps depending on their class. Off the top of my head, KH extras could increase XP gain by 5%, CH extras could increase Ymen gains by 5%, and HC extras could give 1 extra shard when you get a drop. Something like that.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

By increasing the recharge timer to 12hours fewer players will be forced to play during night time.

False, with 8 hours time all players have only 2 of the recharges during the sleep hours, leaving 4 recharges to try to get the Mythic girl. Even if the player works and cannot play during two of them, he can always connect during the remaining 2.

With 12 hours recharge, if the daily recharge finds you working then the nightly recharge forces you to choose: sleep or play during night.

The only sensible move if changing the recharge time would be lowering to 6 or 4 hours, so giving more possibilities to the players to adapt to their real life schedule.

12 hours recharge time is THE WORST CHOICE

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

x50 Performance on villains

Will be that compatible with only 20 combativity? Or will we be forced to buy bundles with 500 or more combativity to be able to use it?

Edited by jelom
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

il y a 20 minutes, MaybeRegret a dit :

Can anyone explain the logic? I will work during the first reset time and sleep during the second.
The more shards recharges
 we have, the more chances that at least one of them will be convenient.

Yep I was exactly trying to think how it will help !

What I see is : "less time to have the shards and always in the same hour". I would have done the exact opposite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

1200x662_Blog_Post-768x424.png

Thanks to the feedback you have given us, now we have a solid base to improve Mythic Days!
In the following article, we will address your feedback, answer questions, and explain our choices and thought processes.
We’ll also share some plans for the future of the event.

“It’s too difficult to get the Mythic girls.”
“There are 2 events at the same time. “
“The girls are too expensive and the drop rates are too low.”

We read a lot of similar sentiments. The purpose of the Mythic Events is to offer more powerful and rare girls.
It is a challenging event and as such, it is up to you to decide whether Mythic girls are worth the shot. If not, you can just skip the event. This is why it’s happening during the classic event- so you have a choice. After all, if the girls were easy to get, they wouldn’t deserve their Mythic status.

So what I understand from this quote is that they read the overwhelmingly negative opinions of players about the event, but they choose to ignore them and even give players the middle finger saying if you don't like it, don't play it... This is how a developer is supposed to converse with their players? And then they start advertising new packs after dissing the players...

One word for you devs: Pathetic! Your communication with players is pathetic!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

As for 1-star girls, I'd like to renew my suggestion that you give them a separate status in the Harem instead of just clogging up and artificially boosting the Harem count of all players. This could also be an opportunity to add a little extra to strategy. Make them work similarly to pets or companions in many games (especially RPGs). Two poses and one affection scene doesn't leave enough room for an interesting stand-alone girl. But if these were extras or behind-the-scenes complementary to each a specific actual harem girl (eg 3+ stars), then it would be pretty valuable. As for game mechanics, it would be awesome if we could "equip" say 2 or 3 of these Harem Extras alongside our regular battle team, and having them equipped could give a minor boost to something else in the game, perhaps depending on their class. Off the top of my head, KH extras could increase XP gain by 5%, CH extras could increase Ymen gains by 5%, and HC extras could give 1 extra shard when you get a drop. Something like that.

This is a very solutions-oriented post and I'm glad you shared your thoughts on this. I echo everything you've said here (and I particularly like the ideas of both filtering out the one-star girls and "equipping" them) and hope that some of your suggestions are put into the queue for consideration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

[...], how about a special Mythic boss that would only appear during MD events (and not be adventure mode related), and instead of using regular combativity, you come up with a separate currency, say Mythic Coins or whatever, that could only be bought and used in the MD tab/boss page? They could be for sale in bulk at a fixed koban price, and using 10 or more of them at once would not have an extra cost, regardless of your monthly subscription or lack thereof. [...] As a cherry on top, this would avoid some confusion and make it feel like its own thing (like PoP, PoA and Seasons).

I'm against an additional currency. First, there is no room on town screen to show the number. Second - it still costs kobans and I would wonder if a 10x or 50x button for the mythic boss would cost nothing. Because to avoid any fast clicking, there would be the need of getting rid of the distribution cycle as it is of now. Third - it complicate things and increases costs - these MD thingies could not be used anywhere else, the combativity points can and I could buy them only in packages = I will always overperform in my MD buying.

(we have currently combativity points & kisses = can be bought and stored in packages and we have league tokens = only buyable during league and impossible to store)

Yet I support to somehow make it standing out instead of being a lengthy LD with additional MP1x orbs.

36 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

[....] As for 1-star girls, I'd like to renew my suggestion that you give them a separate status in the Harem instead of just clogging up and artificially boosting the Harem count of all players. This could also be an opportunity to add a little extra to strategy. Make them work similarly to pets or companions in many games (especially RPGs). Two poses and one affection scene doesn't leave enough room for an interesting stand-alone girl. But if these were extras or behind-the-scenes complementary to each a specific actual harem girl (eg 3+ stars), then it would be pretty valuable. As for game mechanics, it would be awesome if we could "equip" say 2 or 3 of these Harem Extras alongside our regular battle team, and having them equipped could give a minor boost to something else in the game, perhaps depending on their class. Off the top of my head, KH extras could increase XP gain by 5%, CH extras could increase Ymen gains by 5%, and HC extras could give 1 extra shard when you get a drop. Something like that.

The interesting part here is that they do not add battle stats but reward stats. Yet something like "extra shard" would somehow make the boss events less grinding. So I support the other suggestions - because I could choose what I need more atm.  Yet to fiddle out the GUI/UX problems^^

And I miss information how these groupies 1star girls gonna be distributed - which additional event?

Edited by windia
current situation
  • Like 2

I think the changes will probably result in the opposite effects you guys are trying to achieve but I didn´t expect anything good in the first place to be honest..

What bothers me more are the 1 star girls.. and I´ll gladly repeat myself again.. people don´t want more girls if they´re already complaining about the speed at which they get release especially if that means that the artists can´t keep up and we´ll get a bunch of anni shina or val norou every month!
People want girls that look good not a bunch of nightmares that don´t look like the girl they´re supposed to be anymore.

And how are you planning to implement them ? via random boss drops , EpP , MyP or even more events ?? That´s information that would be useful for once.. if they´re obtainable via a seperat Pachinko fine.. but if they´re obtainable via EpP f.e. that would  probably lead to the biggest shit storm I´ve ever experienced during my time playing this game.. (which is understandable since 1 star girls offer only 1/3 of the return that 3 star girls offer thus they should only cost about a third of the 3 star girls ..logically thought at least)

Edited by holymolly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This response is highly disappointing in a number of regards, but I'm going to just focus on a couple of points.

First, only a handful of players actually complete a mythic days event in 20 minutes.  For the rest of us, it's hours, and typically late at night on the second day since we have such limited windows prior to then.  People have already pointed out the problems with decreasing the number of times shards are made available rather than increasing it.  But additionally for many of us the process of fighting villains repeatedly (x1 or x10) is slow.  The game is increasingly bloated and it takes time just to pull up villains to fight, even on an excellent fiber-optic connection and modern and powerful pc.

Second, an event being difficult and an event being devoid of entertainment value are completely separate things.  This event isn't difficult in the slightest, PoA or Legendary Contests are far more difficult.  Anyone can save up the kobans necessary to obtain a mythic days girl, whether f2p or p2w.  But there is nothing enjoyable about this event.  Outside of their higher battle value there is nothing about Mythic girls that is more desirable than a 5 star legendary.  Tacking on one more star doesn't matter if the character or art style didn't appeal anyhow.  Acquiring and upgrading the girl through tedious and expensive process isn't fun.  People are getting her because they feel they need her to remain competitive in League, Seasons, and (to a lesser extent) legendary contests, as pvp has become central to the game.

Third, the imbalance caused by mythic girls isn't impacting the game yet.  It won't impact the game next month either.  Wait for 9 months when a handful of players have all 9 unique mythic girls and the majority of the playerbase have 1 or no mythic girls at all.  THAT'S when we'll see the imbalance.

So I can only hope that these one-grade girls come out very soon and are absolutely amazing.  Because if not I think myself and a significant portion of the playerbase are rapidly losing interest in the game.

Edited by Naraku-no-Hana
  • Like 18

First of all it is great that Kinkoid is trying to improve Mythic days and the communication is always appreciated.

I am not sure about the 1-star girls but I worry about pushing the artists too hard. HH is largely an art driven game and there has been a really good recovery from the poor art of early 2020. Don't hurt the art please.

The 12 hour shard release choice confuses me. I can not see any scenario where this is an improvement. I go from 6 - 2 = 4 chances to play to 4 - 2 = 2 chances to play. Unless I am missing something this is a really bad idea.

I agree with Kinkoid that Mythic girls should be difficult to get. I have no problem with the resource cost to get and upgrade a Mythic girl.

I wish the event was more fun. Mythic days is just a slog of clicking as fast as you can to get it over with. I think it says something about the event when one of the big improvements is a way to get the event over with faster and with less engagement.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Noacc said:

“Please add Mythic items”

We hear you and we are thinking of ways of implementing it.

Unless you're thinking of just adding Mythic tier books and gifts, which I'm all for, then for the love of god NO!
I'm against mythic equipment and strongly against mythic boosters being implemented.

If you absolutely HAVE to implement mythic equipment and boosters, then I beg you to at least only make each account be able to equip 1 mythic booster AND equipment at a time, just for the sake of optimization and varity to builds to use in your fights. Some players might choose the path of 1 mythic mono equipment and 1 mythic cordyceps booster for maximum damage, while some others might choose the path of 1 mythic multistat equipment and 1 mythic ginseng booster for maximum defense, or a mix of both a.s.o. This might be fun to experiment with tbh, but I'm still against the entire idea.
Why only 1? Well cuz seriously, if we're able to fully equip ourselves with a full mythic setup, no one (at least no one that wants to be competitive) would go for anything else just like it is now with the legendary equipment and boosters, it would still be the same, just more expensive and frustrating.

I'm all for quality of life updates, this is not one of them (except for books and gifts like previosuly stated).

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Slynia said:

I'm all for quality of life updates, this is not one of them (except for books and gifts like previosuly stated).

In fact I'm fairly certain that what people has asked for is mythic *affection* items, not mythic items in general.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

In fact I'm fairly certain that what people has asked for is mythic *affection* items, not mythic items in general.

What throws me off is the way it's phrased "we are thinking of ways of implementing it". If it was just affection items then there would be no need to think about it as it would be really easy.

• Like 2

This is actually worst than it looks.
As a 8 hour shard recharge timer there are 3 batch of people per day.
Now as 12 hour timer, take the third batch and split it to the other 2 batches, u end up with 50% more people per batch = shards ending faster.

Now with increased chance for shards too = shards ending even faster.

4 hours ago, Noacc said:

This change will give players higher chances of obtaining the shards.

Now add the x50 combat to all that.

Aside all that though, the thing that triggered me the most is:

-“Clicking the same Villain for 20 min to get the Mythic Character shards is very time-consuming and repetitive! Not fun at all!”
-We plan on implementing a button that will allow you to do 50 performances on a villain at once. This will save you time and will let your fingers rest.
-The x50 Performance option will be free for players who have the Gold or Platinum Monthly Cards.

its like saying "are u a free to play player? fuck your fingers and fuck your fun"

Edited by Largy
  • Like 9

The devs must have read 1984 recently.

Clearly less options is better! Lets go to only *one* moment to release all the shards. Clearly nobody will be working or sleeping.

Giving everyone a bunch of 1 star ugly castoffs that got recycled from the artists waste bins will clearly make everybody more competitive. By an equal measure! Score! 

Oh, and the x50 button isn't problematic at all!

I still can't make up my mind. Either the devs never actually look at the game, or they have been playing from the start, have the best accounts, and are simply doing what works for them? Do they throw darts to make decisions? At this moment trying to solve this mystery is pretty much the only fun part of the game left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

So first of all i appreciate that kk is listening to our feedback and i like that they are trying to balance this.

Now my thoughts:

1- Difficult to get Mythic girl: i agree this should not be easy but still 17 k kobans for one girl kills off the mood a bit ( i felt pretty bad in the end, more sad than happy to be honest) , probably it should be a bit (yes just a bit) less (like 10 k example), plus since there is always another event the shards should be on every villan this way we can still do the event and not being forced to skip 1 or 2 girls.

2- Shard recharge timer: Putting it at 12 hours does not solve the situation, maybe become even worst imo

3- 50 performance: not sure how can it work with our maximum at 20 but ok i think i like it is a good way to not destroy our fingers but i agree with @GeorgeMTO, fix gaining more shards before implement this feature

4- You can win with a good strategy: probably true but i'm not fully convinced with this statement. I mean it might be true for the "low" leagues but i would like to listen an opinion from a D3 "pro" player (the ones that compete for the first places always) in this regard

5- One grade girls: i don't know, my man side says "well the more the merrier" but how can they help ? I belive in Hentai Clicker (if they didn't remove it) there are girls that are not in your harem, i think they were called contacts or smt, and they gave some bonuses. Will it be the same ? So in this part i agree with @DvDivXXX and what he wrote

6- Mythic items : As @Slynia said if we are talking about Mythic gifts and books i'm absolutely down for it. If this mean Mythic boosters and equipments Absolutely god NO !!!!! It would destroy the majority of the players. In the Mythic survey i clearly specified only gifts and books. 

This is my opinion, back to work on the Poa :) 

Cheers

• Like 13

• Noacc unpinned and unfeatured this topic