Mythic Days: Busting the Myths

Noacc

il y a une heure, Xemnas a dit :

So first of all i appreciate that kk is listening to our feedback and i like that they are trying to balance this.

Are they really listening our feedback and are they really trying to balance this ? Regarding what is written, I don't think so.

1) We say "Boring and expensive" --> they answer "It's a challenge". Where is the challenge on defeating cheap bosses when we do it every time ? The only challenge is to have the kobans to buy it !

2) We say "not fair because need to be connected at given time" --> they answer, there were 6 slots, there are only 4 now (when usual people are working or sleeping).

3) We say "not fair and unbalancing the PVP" --> They answer "You can still be competitive even with Legendary characters!" : not true regarding my experience in D3 since the Charm Mythic has appeared ! And even less true when teams will have 3 mythics and other none !

And even worse when you realise that : Mythic girls --> better level in league --> more kobans --> easier to buy the next ones ...

4) Regarding mythics objects, I wait to see what will come, if equipments or boosters, it will just give even more power to the same players.

5) Button x50. So obvious to know how it will work when you buy combativity by packs of 20 ....

Then promises ...

Citation

one-grade characters. They are here to balance the Mythic Characters out, the one-star beautiful and horny girls that will be super easy to collect!

Obviously, there will be one-grade characters, super easy to collect that will balance the Mythic Characters. No kidding ! Wait ! Why then buy girls at 17K kobans in this case. It's a total non-sense.

This annoucement is just like the survey on the optimised number of events in a month. "Please answer, it is important to know what you think". Then bad results so "We have heard, it will change" and to finish "We change but it's even worst".

Edited by _wismer_
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

So for example if you set the 12 Hour reset to 12 am CET  and 12 pm CET im fucked. The only days i could get those are saturday and sunday.there is litereally no point for most working people the get both points.

Rather than moving them from 8 jurs to 12 hours you should move them to 6 hours or even better 4 hours.

Some jobs can't be done from home, nor can you afford to play games at ceartain times for 30 mins+ at work

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: irrelevant question removed
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, _wismer_ said:

This annoucement is just like the survey on the optimised number of events in a month. "Please answer, it is important to know what you think". Then bad results so "We have heard, it will change" and to finish "We change but it's even worst".

At this point, I just wonder: are they just multiplying the answers by amount of dollars paid or do they count free players answers negatively?
It's obvious they are optimizing the game for players who pay a lot, and this new tier of girls is the main part of it.

Edited by Honza
  • Like 2

Developer A: Hey, people complain because 6 times to get a girl isn't enough.

Developer B: They are right. Let's make it 4 then!

Developer A: Perfect! That'll teach 'em to complain.

Developer C Will they spend money on this game though?

Developers A & B: Small bunch of addicts will and to hell with the rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

First, thank you KK for acknowledging player feedback, even if we don't agree with the choices being made it means something to know you are skimming over our comments. Now,

"Change shards recharge timer

• Right now the Mythic shards are replenished every 8 hours, for a total of 6 times per event. We plan the shard recharge timer to be changed to 12 hours, for a total of 4 times per event.

This change will give players higher chances of obtaining the shards.
    By increasing the recharge timer to 12hours fewer players will be forced to play during night time.
    "

How so? In both of the previous Mythic events the shard pool was depleted in less than one hour. Have you increased the size of the shard pool? Because if you haven't (and the shard pool remains at 50k per window) you have depleted the number of players who can even try to go after the Mythic Girls in two ways. First, you have lowered the number of player windows, and second, you have restricted the open windows to the point where only those players waiting for the shards to replenish have a chance to obtain them.

"Worry not, players. You can always count on us to give you more gorgeous Haremettes. We’ve started working on one-grade characters. They are here to balance the Mythic Characters out, the one-star beautiful and horny girls that will be super easy to collect!

They will join your Harem easier than other girls and will help new players to build a bigger Harem faster and be more competitive."

I love the idea of more haremettes but fail to see how a new class of single grade characters is more preferable to adding more multigrade "common" girls. To be competitive any girl has to contribute to both the harem level and ego so why add something new when the "common girl" is already outnumbered by over 500% by the other rarity classes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xemnas said:

4- You can win with a good strategy: probably true but i'm not fully convinced with this statement. I mean it might be true for the "low" leagues but i would like to listen an opinion from a D3 "pro" player (the ones that compete for the first places always) in this regard

I may not be a D3 "pro" (My highest placement is 2nd), but it's not really difficult to grasp the strategy involved in winning leagues and in seasons.  You can deep dive into the stats to gain a full understanding of them, tweak your harem team, equipment, and booster selection to favor certain situations (some setups provide more consistent results while others give you a better chance to upset stronger opponents), and carefully observe and record your opponents stats and moves.  But at the end of the day the main "strategy" involved is simply watching your opponent to see if they drop their guard and battling them then.  In seasons there is the slight added element of deciding whether to fight, wait, or refresh your opponents but there isn't much strategy involved and the stakes there aren't high.

So basically, it's cross your fingers and hope they drop their guard.  And if they don't the entire league week, well you're just sol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, my thoughts and frustrations on the topic has already been voiced in this thread. So I'll just skip ahead.

I'd like to add about mass clicking, that something like this on the Mythic Days screen could be a more user-friendly approach:

Use    ic_HC.png 216     for 20x ic_BattlePts.png 
     Use    ic_HC.png 2160     for 200x ic_BattlePts.png    

Because, who are we kidding, right? xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Hentai heroes / Kinkoid team say: "Thanks to the feedback you have given us, now we have a solid base to improve Mythic Days!"🙄

and ignores it 🤔 and makes it worse,😈 the main thing is that more money comes in 🤑 but don't forget to contradict yourself🤪

that explains why more and more players stop playing don't you want to see that the last 4-6 changes were bad (olt leaderboart, seasonpass, 30k mojo, flooding tickes /current money ... ) don't be surprised if nobody wants to play it anymore 🙂 🤛I don't have to say more about it 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Karyia said:

Haven't played Mythic Days yet and none of the mentioned improvements/changes makes me want to either.

I technically did. I got one shard (or was it two? Servers are updating now so I can't look). But yes, this isn't convincing me to try more seriously.

3 hours ago, Blackeagle said:

that explains why more and more players stop playing don't you want to see that the last 4-6 changes were bad (olt leaderboart, seasonpass, 30k mojo, flooding tickes /current money ... ) don't be surprised if nobody wants to play it anymore 🙂 🤛I don't have to say more about it 

I'll probably keep playing for the story. But I'm definitely not paying, as paying just a little gives nothing - for any effect, you need to pay HUGE money. I might stop bothering with other parts of the game as well, as no matter how hard I'll try I have no chance to be competitive anyway.

Note that I like the Path to Power. THAT was relatively recent change which didn't go bad (yet ... opinion pending about how do they implement girl rotation). I also like that now you can get both Season girls without the season pass, so I can ignore the pass more easily.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Noacc said:

It is a challenging event and as such, it is up to you to decide whether Mythic girls are worth the shot. If not, you can just skip the event. This is why it’s happening during the classic event- so you have a choice. After all, if the girls were easy to get, they wouldn’t deserve their Mythic status.

Did I really read that right? They use word challenging with event design like this one? 

*Insert J.J Jameson laugh from Spider-Man 2 here* 

Using that word with this event is ridiculous. Getting girls with old 100 insta drop was challenging. Doing well in leagues is challenging. Trying to get all event boss girls without spending kobans.... extremely challenging. But mythic days.....There is nothing challenging in mythic days at fricking all.

It's all about money and spending kobans.

And throwing money and kobans around, like they're losing their value forever, has no challenge what so ever. 

Oh I can already hear people saying that limit amount of shards makes it challenging....but that's bullcrap. It's not limited amount shards that makes it hard to get the mythic girls. It's the following facts. 1. Two days period. 2. Horrible shard drop rate. 3. Ridiculous koban price for a girl (After all, you won't get Mythic girls under 10-12k kobans). These facts means that only cashers (and whale ones at that) has actual change of getting all of these mythic girls. Small time cashers could get girl of their choice with little spending.

But free players? If you're not rare early league system investors that now constantly get in top 4, you have practically no chance what so ever to ever get these mythic girls. The only small chance is to save all of your kobans for 3-5 months and then use them in future with mythic girl of your specialty or the one you really like. But to do that you need to withold of spending your kobans to get any other girls. 

Also, about skipping the event part. I don't think devs even realize how utterly impossible that idea really is. If you would only have these 3 mythic girls (one for each specialty), it would be fine. These mythic girls would give their owners an edge in pvp, but you can still beat them. But how about in a year, when cashers have 3 mythic KH, Charm or HC girls? Yeah, you're effed without them. 

And I don't see this new 1 star girl system changing this at all. If these girls would be so good that they could competite with mythic girls, it would kinda make mythic girls rather useless. That then makes them expensive waste of money.  

And that's not to even mentioning the fact that cashers can also get these new 1 star girls, which keep making them stronger too. So, really, nothing changes at all. 

Frankly, the only challenge here seems to be for devs to trying to come up new ways to squeeze money of their foolish playerbase. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Did I really read that right? They use word challenging with event design like this one? 

*Insert J.J Jameson laugh from Spider-Man 2 here* 

Using that word with this event is ridiculous. Getting girls with old 100 insta drop was challenging. Doing well in leagues is challenging. Trying to get all event boss girls without spending kobans.... extremely challenging. But mythic days.....There is nothing challenging in mythic days at fricking all.

It's all about money and spending kobans.

And throwing money and kobans around, like they're losing their value forever, has no challenge what so ever. 

Oh I can already hear people saying that limit amount of shards makes it challenging....but that's bullcrap. It's not limited amount shards that makes it hard to get the mythic girls. It's the following facts. 1. Two days period. 2. Horrible shard drop rate. 3. Ridiculous koban price for a girl (After all, you won't get Mythic girls under 10-12k kobans). These facts means that only cashers (and whale ones at that) has actual change of getting all of these mythic girls. Small time cashers could get girl of their choice with little spending.

But free players? If you're not rare early league system investors that now constantly get in top 4, you have practically no chance what so ever to ever get these mythic girls. The only small chance is to save all of your kobans for 3-5 months and then use them in future with mythic girl of your specialty or the one you really like. But to do that you need to withold of spending your kobans to get any other girls. 

Also, about skipping the event part. I don't think devs even realize how utterly impossible that idea really is. If you would only have these 3 mythic girls (one for each specialty), it would be fine. These mythic girls would give their owners an edge in pvp, but you can still beat them. But how about in a year, when cashers have 3 mythic KH, Charm or HC girls? Yeah, you're effed without them. 

And I don't see this new 1 star girl system changing this at all. If these girls would be so good that they could competite with mythic girls, it would kinda make mythic girls rather useless. That then makes them expensive waste of money.  

And that's not to even mentioning the fact that cashers can also get these new 1 star girls, which keep making them stronger too. So, really, nothing changes at all. 

Frankly, the only challenge here seems to be for devs to trying to come up new ways to squeeze money of their foolish playerbase. 

the intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

I find myself baffled at every aspect of this patch notes release.

• Why institute this change NOW?  Why have the first Hardcore & Charm girls under one set of rules and the first Knowhow girl under a new set of rules?  Does game balance truly mean nothing in HH?  If it doesn't, then you're in the wrong line of work and we're probably patronizing the wrong people.
  • 4 periods of 75k shards is considerably worse than 6 periods of 50k shards.  Instead of skewing things toward who is willing to spend the most kobans & real money it skews to who happens to live in the best timezones to match the schedule.  I think the intent was to force an even bigger feeding frenzy but I doubt very much that this change is going to have the desired effect. It might even lose you money as people who previously paid are structurally blocked from participating.  More opportunities is obviously better.
  • People complained about clicking for 20 minutes to get the girl? I don't understand this.  I collected New Year's Estelle from the final batch of shards. None of my freely earned combativity earned ANY shards - they all came from buying refills. And it didn't take 20 minutes. It took more than 3 hours, closer to 4 TBH.  Over 1,400 battles fought individually. I did it because I could.  As it was this one girl was twice as expensive as a Path of Attraction event but gives 1/4 the number of girls - and that was with a minor holiday discount! It's tedious not challenging.  And the only reason to bother is to keep up with the Joneses in PvP.  As far as maximum out Tier 3 villains goes, it clearly requires patience, and yes, lots of people have none. Mythic girls give the impatient the shortcut they are desperate for, but that's a want, not a need. Staying competitive in PvP is a need because so much of the game revolves around it.
         A button that reduces the overhead tenfold already exists and it only costs 2/12 kobans a shot. It's a trifle for p2w players and is even affordable for early adopters of the game.  And for advanced Pass holders this minor inconvenience is waived. For the rest the extra cost can probably be justified.  ~1500 sets of clicks is reduced to ~150 sets of clicks.  A new button that cuts the time/effort burden further doesn't make nearly as much difference.  30 (x50) or 75 (x20) is not a big savings over 150 (x10) in terms of time/effort. No, this is about creating artificial scarcity, pitting us against each other in artificial windows of opportunity which may or not be convenient for the player to access without impacting their real life and livelihood.  No doubt your ideal situation would be for thousands of people to use the x50 button and shards to run out so fast in each window that NO ONE gets the girl!  Then there would be a reason to have a x100 button or a x500 button so people can turbo boost their collection compared to their peers.  That's the path we seem to be heading down.  If this is the goal just make the Mythic Girls direct in-game purchases and save everyone the tedium of clicking and frustration of futile efforts due to arbitrary & artificial scarcity.
         And all of this is before you consider the fact that there are precious few ways to get 50 combativity stored up to use in one go - and even fewer since you took combativity out of League rewards!
  • I have NO idea what the addition of 1-star girls is supposed to accomplish.  How does a bunch of munchkin trash girls 'balance' the Mythic Girls?  What is the goal here?  Is it that newer players feel left out?  That's always been a part of the game - Leagues wait until L20 (IIRC), you can't fight villains you haven't reached in the story yet, etc.  Why is now different?  Is it intended to be a way to boost harem level and thus Endurance?  That's not going to be particularly helpful, even if the level-progression for 1-star girls is cheaper than Starter girls. At every level of the game we get less books than we need for our harems. Super cheap girls that will never be strong enough to use in PvP but are dirt cheap to level up is a little like giving a starving man candy & liquor - it'll seem like manna from Heaven at first but the man will still die painfully of malnutrition.  Low level players will be able to get their harem level boosted faster (i.e. artificially) but at the cost of advancing the girls they actually need to use in their orgy teams. And at advanced level the square root mechanic means that these extra girl levels will provide almost nothing for the trouble they bring.
         So not only don't they seem to address a real need in the game, they make the game a worse play experience because the UI is minimal to non-existent in most places - and no amount of koban or real money spending improves this problem. We're stuck with slogging through an ever-growing collection of girls AND because you had the wonderful idea of placing girls in the order of their FIRST collected shard instead of the LAST collected shard, the order and placement of the girls we want are constantly shifting around as we complete villain/tier girls, PoP girls & girls we started in earlier events.
         If I had to guess I'd say that this was an attempt at the "throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks" method of game development.
  • It seems to me that the real problem is the entire game economy.  The players that have been playing the longest and the players that can dip into bottomless pockets get koban rewards so large and so often that they've run out of things to spend them on and players who can pay less or not at all and weren't playing in 2016/2017 are always struggling to have enough kobans to participate in every way they wish they could.  Giving the whales more kobans than they can spend cuts into your income stream - they don't have to spend as often if they have a glut of resources.  You won't fix this with additional content. You'll have to address the broken rewards system and or the manner in which league pools are determined. Recently, most changes made have seemed to break things more or in a new way rather than truly fix things. And tactics & strategy are heavily devalued when the rules keep changing.  Also, in spite of the ubiquitous RNG the game is becoming more and more deterministic.  With bad decisions we can hinder our progression through the game but there is very little in the way of good decisions or spending we can do to enhance our progression through the game.
Edited by ZackMacKenzie
I was not aware that this particular matter had been addressed
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:
  • It seems to me that the real problem is the entire game economy.  The players that have been playing the longest and the players that can dip into bottomless pockets get koban rewards so large and so often that they've run out of things to spend them on and players who can pay less or not at all and weren't playing in 2016/2017 are always struggling to have enough kobans to participate in every way they wish they could.  Giving the whales more kobans than they can spend cuts into your income stream - they don't have to spend as often if they have a glut of resources.  You won't fix this with additional content. You'll have to address the broken rewards system and or the manner in which league pools are determined. Recently, most changes made have seemed to break things more or in a new way rather than truly fix things. And tactics & strategy are heavily devalued when the rules keep changing.  Also, in spite of the ubiquitous RNG the game is becoming more and more deterministic.  With bad decisions we can hinder our progression through the game but there is very little in the way of good decisions or spending we can do to enhance our progression through the game.

;) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:
  • [...]We're stuck with slogging through an ever-growing collection of girls AND because you had the wonderful idea of placing girls in the order of their FIRST collected shard instead of the LAST collected shard, the order and placement of the girls we want are constantly shifting around as we complete villain/tier girls, PoP girls & girls we started in earlier events.[...]

that got fixed a few months ago. I checked it myself because I found that very annoying as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Not that it matters that much. What we need is some filtering and ordering options.

Yep. Instead of spending time with this Mythic girls, they should add thing that help us. Like a system were our gear is devided to separate sections based on their rarity. 

It's a pain to go through equipment list, trying to look your new legendary gear, after you have used dozens of 10 roll ords. Especially so as every roll gives that 1 potentially useful legendary gear. 

Other helpful thing they should spend time adding. 

- multi sell option for items. Free for everyone, where we can choose to sell 10, 20, 30, 50 items/exp/aff items. 

- When changing your team, there should be options to order your girls by specialty with highest lvl/upgraded girls on top. 

- Avatar list should have options were you can either see them all or just those that you already own. Would go far in helping you to see what avatars you have and change them and not needing to go through the dozens pages to get the one you might want. 

All of these would make the game better for all.    

• Like 2

I have read through this thread and I am starting to feel bad for Kinkoid. There seems to be a mindset that thinks the only way to change things is to shout, break things, kick, scream, and insult KK. News flash. KK does not make changes because of these tantrums, they make changes in spite of them.

If any Kinkoid person reads this post:

The 12 hour thing sucks but you have  made some excellent changes recently:

1. Seasons is soooooooooo much better than arena.
  2. POA is different and fun.
  3. More payment options is a lot of behind the scenes work. Excellent.
  4. The recovery in the quality of the art makes me happy.
  5. Lag and downtime seem much less to me vs 12 months ago.

OTOH:

1. Legendary Days can die in a fire.
  2. The whole tedious but frantic clicking thing for Mythic Days is just not fun.

5/7 is pretty good. Lets try and keep it there instead of dropping to 5/8.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I have read through this thread and I am starting to feel bad for Kinkoid. There seems to be a mindset that thinks the only way to change things is to shout, break things, kick, scream, and insult KK. News flash. KK does not make changes because of these tantrums, they make changes in spite of them.

I was about to post a "fair enough" reply, and then I remembered the KK post that actually kicked this off and realized that NO, anyone who posts a load of bullsh... ehh... doublespeak like that deserves, no NEEDS to be flamed to ashes. And given how much feedback KK have simply completely ignored in the past, we need to be loud and clear about it too. It is sad, and it's not personal. Yes, the KK staff are people too, and we could all have a grand ole time in a bar if only Covid buggered off. But a post claiming that less options to play for a mythic girl will make it more likely for people not to be at work or asleep is... well... :D

PS OK, fair enough: I had not noticed the reduced lag, but now that you mention it, it does seem better. Seasons better? IDK, maybe? But it's also part of the whole move towards PvP which I don't like at all, so my jury is still out on that one. The rest? Meh.

Edited by Shorty-er
PS
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Shorty-er said:

anyone who posts a load of bullsh... ehh... doublespeak like that deserves, no NEEDS to be flamed to ashes.

No one deserves to be flamed. Attack the ideas, criticize the decisions, and give constructive feedback all you want, including on the lingering communication issues between Kinkoid and the (forum/Discord) community. Don't make any personal attacks (that's what flaming is, in a forum context).

Beyond that, I think the impact of poor communication on all of this can't be overstated (and it goes both ways). Kinkoid improved a lot over the past year or so in that area (and others), but there's still a long way to go. Most of the time when players assume KK is being greedy and/or evil, there's actually a communication problem behind it. There were also numerous times KK did amazing things but failed to make them noticeable enough by the community at large to receive any praise for them.

Nobody's perfect, and you can't always get what you want. Seasons in general and the way KK removed the negative aspects and improved upon the good ones since S01 are shining examples that they do listen and they generally want to keep us players happy, and sometimes they get it exactly right. Other times, not so much, and everything in between. But the moment you stop properly communicating with them and you write them off as greedy, evil and/or incapable of getting things right, you become part of the real main problem, which is less than ideal communication. The legions of dumbasses who just whine all the time and mock KK by default, are just a ton of background noise making it even harder to achieve the improvements they'd like to see.

Among other positive moves they've done recently and that @snowman22 hasn't listed, I'd like to cite basically everything about PoPs, permanent and temp alike, and the very recent revamp of their Patreon tiers, which means that as long as you're interested in purchasing the Seasons pass, it costs the same but gives you more bang for your real money to become a patron instead.

And of course, they're only human, and they do screw up sometimes. Like with this 1-star girl concept that nobody asked for and that would basically benefit no one if implemented as announced so far, and should never have been mentioned in the same breath as MD, because it obviously won't have any impact, positive or otherwise, on the problems introduced by MD in its current form. It's the worst event format ever and needs a full rework imho. The changes announced yesterday don't really tackle the core issues, but still, they're trying.

I should use the new Suggestion form to send a draft for the pet/companion idea instead of just lame 1-star girls clogging up the harem.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Noacc unpinned and unfeatured this topic