🗯️💥Comix Harem is LIVE! ​💥​🗯️

Noacc

7 hours ago, ShadowWeaver said:

Joining a 4 year old game should feel very different than joining a 4 week old game. A 4 week old game [...]

I as a new player do not care how old the game is as long as the game is good.

I get no literal benefit from starting an old game. Or a new game. 

Sure, there is hope that a game that is under constant developement since a while, that the developer figured out what makes the game playworthy. 

So I just put in: how might a new HH player feel when joining this "old game"? A new player today has no chance to "grow into HH" like an old player did.

If the game is playworthy or not has only a minor part. Over time there should settle in a good balancing of things. Yet CxH is not "completely new" in this respect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, windia said:

So I just put in: how might a new HH player feel when joining this "old game"? A new player today has no chance to "grow into HH" like an old player did.

This was one of my main attractions to CxH- experiencing this game from a fresh perspective & level playing field.  I'm nervous though at seeing which of the "old" elements are being introduced first:  a 10-day "late start" for a full Season, a jillion 1* girls (that could actually have been useful but I've yet to acquire a single one), end-of-first-month PoA, first "typical" event being Legendary Days and now a Legendary Contest without all of the mechanics available (NOT that I'm asking for Leagues, Clubs or Champions at this stage- please no, not yet!).

One recurring element that I'm reading in this thread is that a fair number of players are feeling simultaneously overwhelmed yet unimpressed at what's been released to-date.  I'm hearing the same from club members in HH, too.  This makes me sad but I truly get it... certainly the feeling of being overwhelmed.

Understandably, HH started small & grew slowly over the years.  I'm by no means a "veteran," but even when I started the pace felt more casual with a few events/month and a nice, steady pace.  Orgy Days gave a means for newbies like me to play a little "catch-up" (which was very cool!) and true veterans a few days to relax.  Now we have multiple events stacked on top of each other over there... but that's another story.

I was hoping to have that more casual flow with CxH- especially since it's technically "Beta-" but instead it's feeling more like getting thrown into the deep end of the pool, "sink or swim" kind of thing.  Personally, I don't mind (and don't expect) fully-developed worlds & main quests/storyline & multi-level boss girls & champions and so forth- I'm content with the side quests & slower/better story development.  Nor would I expect to "clear the board" of every single girl every month.  But the pace of & resource requirements for other aspects like Events & Contests isn't scaling very well at all (more "Donation" Contests, anyone?).  Paid or free, it seems like little effort went into making things achievable given limited global resources ($5,500 every time I beat Grey Golem, $225k-ish+ to max stats, $100k minimum Donation; "Give XP to Girls" what, with Legendary or Mythic Books at level 100-ish?).  Some of these could/should be variables that could be taken into account given the newness, limited player count & Beta status of CxH.

It's Beta, it's early, it's (sort of) all good.  Just feeling like despite my best efforts it's taking everything I can do to try to keep up already.  Maybe that's how HH was, too, but even if so I'd think that a more leisurely pace would be more enjoyable.  It would certainly help to build a critical mass of players as there is currently in HH... and be a lot more FUN!  (People DO play games for fun & many are willing to pay for their enjoyment/recreation.)

• Like 6

On 7/9/2021 at 1:05 PM, ShadowWeaver said:

I will not be shocked to the next event to legendary contests, which are generally not fun. Sadly I will be even less shocked if a mythic days happens before there is a simple event, which a simple event should have been the first event.

I called it. I just really hope that I'm wrong about the second part.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, test_user said:

I just can't manage with this legendary event in CxH. Don't know how people are getting high scores but I just can't manage to get shards and I'm definitely not getting in the top of todays contest.

10K Gold investment in Combativity refills in yesterday's contest would have been sufficient for securing #4 (if not #1).

4 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Gold? I've got her without using any gold.

Neat - even better!
However, some brackets are harsh and it is understandable if one actively struggles to manage through this event even if they had heavy preparation coming into a contest, though my initial post is to simplify that an approximate amount of Gold investment would suffice in terms of securing the desired reward (which is the character in this case).

I've lucked out so far, but the Contests are disturbingly hard compared to HH. Main problem is everyone who's active seems to get lumped in with far too many of the big spenders who just swipe everyone aside (in both Season and in Constests I'm constantly up against hordes of people with so much dough, they have all the girls in the game already.  like. come on man, I can't fight 10 Neo's at the same time in 1 Matrix).

• Haha 4

I started recently - after the Kickstarter which I bought into for the art not even knowing it was a game.  But tried the game and I enjoy it.  Gotta spend a bit on the better discounted packs but that's helped push me into a decent mid spot which is fun - more to unlock and keep it interesting. 

I can win some contests in the brackets they stick me in so I haven't felt like I was locked out of much.  Saving things to use at the right times and waiting on the few last shards of girls etc - actually being new gives me more opportunities in many of the contests id think like getting girls or giving them XP etc.  Only prizes that come from worlds I haven't gotten to yet or the mythic stuff where you have like 2 minutes every 2 hours have been out of reach.

Old games where you arent locked out of things like this are perfectly playable so long as the Devs are still invested, there is a decent player base and maybe if you are willing to support it with a few $$ (entertainment is never free).

• Like 3

Will the new PoA event this month include new quests/side quests? 

Because I'm almost out of ways of spending energy, and it'd really suck to not be able to complete the event because there's no place to dump energy right now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VeXeN said:

Will the new PoA event this month include new quests/Side Quests?

Because I'm almost out of ways of spending energy, and it'd really suck to not be able to complete the event because there's no place to dump energy right now.

They should be aware of that need as people raised that issue in the previous PoA event. No guarantees, but awareness.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

They should be aware of that need as people raised that issue in the previous PoA event. No guarantees, but awareness.

One would hope so, especially since they've been running their -10% Energy promo for awhile, too.  It's as if they're encouraging players to burn through Energy as fast as possible without giving us anywhere else to "dump" it as @VeXeN stated.  Very misleading.

I have no problems with the lack of Quests acting as a throttle for level limitations, but having no place to spend what we have- not to mention "wasting" the potential free Energy regeneration- brings development awareness into serious question.

It's quite frustrating to have resources that players can't use while at the same time not having enough opportunity to gain resources that we need (money can be pretty tight right now, for example).

Edited by Hastur
typo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Superhunk21 said:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the next blessing I am seeing with the new B.D.S.M. system has rare girls being blessed. I do not see any rare girls released in the game yet when putting the filter on in the harem section.

Which basically means that players may only strategize to benefit from one out of the two Blessings next week.

Nothing too weird in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superhunk21 said:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the next blessing I am seeing with the new B.D.S.M. system has rare girls being blessed. I do not see any rare girls released in the game yet when putting the filter on in the harem section.

Rare girls are those with green backgrounds. There's many of them.

5 hours ago, Nimano said:

Which basically means that players may only strategize to benefit from one out of the two Blessings next week.

Nothing too weird in my opinion.

Noted, I guess we just have 2 different standards for game development. I think the BDSM system in comix harem is a bit early with the lack of girls available. Though, it will have a bigger impact over HH when there are currently receivable blessed girls because the strongest in the game so far is still just 3 star legendary, but I still think it is a bit too early.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Superhunk21 said:

In comix harem there are none so far that I have seen in the game yet.

No rares.JPG

You're right, I hadn't thought about it before :D . Since they come from classic events and advanced worlds and we don't have neither in CxH, there are no girls.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:43 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

The good news is they took out the energy tiers, the bad news is that they left the energy rewards instead of replacing them with something to help in the replacements.  Having do do an extra bunch of season battles can be difficult depending on your level and what tier you're on not to mention the slow rate of kiss recovery.

11 minutes ago, ShadowWeaver said:

The good news is they took out the energy tiers, the bad news is that they left the energy rewards instead of replacing them with something to help in the replacements.  Having do do an extra bunch of season battles can be difficult depending on your level and what tier you're on not to mention the slow rate of kiss recovery.

I've already used that energy in "Score points in contest" tier, so it's not that useless :P 

• Haha 1

• FinderKeeper changed the title to 🗯️💥Comix Harem is LIVE! ​💥​🗯️