Undocumented and/or hidden changes that were left out of the Patch Notes.

Bomba

Equipment sorting by resonance bonus has been added:

image.png.cc2e990c6948ad60a298c857d1c8d736.png

Now it would be great if matching resonance indicators would be added to the gear icons, like HH++ does, so that one can quickly see which resonance bonuses match the current girl.

Also, the element/defence bonus is still rated higher than the class/ego bonus, which does not make sense. Without doubt, the power of the bonuses is: pose/AP > class/ego > element/defence.

For this and also for auto-equip, an algorithm would make sense which also includes the level of the item. Something like "(pose match * 3 + class match * 2 + element match) * item level", would do already. It does not need to be perfect, but currently auto-equip is mostly useless.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today's Quest Updates:
This is the one of interest
World 14 Quest 5 Scene 100 text: "Momo" changed to "Mimi", "Nana" changed to "Lala" (which means they missed Scene 90 where Nana is also used and still is)

Spoiler

image.png.975dc3df0c7897b9b27f20d1bec2dd39.png 

With this update I wonder if there going to soon make these 2 attainable

The rest are just small touch ups
World 1 Quest 2 Scene 2 text: " " removed from "package ?"
World 1 Quest 4 Scene 1 and 2 text: entrys where flopped with each other
World 2 Quest 3 Scene 34 text: "Hum..!" changed to "Hum...!"
World 2 Quest 3 Scene 86 text: "." removed from "Oh…."
World 2 Quest 3 Scene 87 text: "." removed from "body…."
World 17 Quest 7 Scene 61 text: "." removed from "Ahhhhhh…."
World 17 Quest 7 Scene 62 text: "it…take" changed to "it… take"
World 17 Quest 8 Scene 29 text: "em’" changed to "'em"
World 17 Quest 8 Scene 45 text: "Mmm…*slurp," changed to "Mmm… *slurp,"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 15 text: "Hey…I" changed to "Hey… I"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 27 text: "Ahem…everyone" changed to "Ahem… everyone"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 30 text: "with who" changed to "which"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 39 text: "assertive…mff" changed to "assertive… mff", "ahh…if" changed to "ahh… if"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 46 text: "yes…that" changed to "yes… that", "you…mhhhh" changed to "you… mhhhh"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 51 text: "spot…ahhh…I" changed to "spot… ahhh… I"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 54 text: "it…just" changed to "it… just"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 56 text: "W-What’s…happening?" changed to "W-What’s… happening?"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 72 text: ".." changed to "..."
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 73 text: "this…my" changed to "this… my", "feels…tingly…" changed to "feels… tingly…"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 76 text: "soul…their" changed to "soul… their", "being…so" changed to "being… so", "it…let" changed to "it… let"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 77 text: "so…haaaa" changed to "so… haaaa", "I…can’t…I" changed to "I… can’t… I", "to…damn…this" changed to "to… damn… this"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 79 text: "I" changed to "!"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 83 text: "cum…please" changed to "cum… please"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 89 text: "girl…keep" changed to "girl… keep"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 93 text: "uhhh…got" changed to "uhhh… got"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 95 text: "*pant*…the" changed to "*pant*… the", "victory…*pant*" changed to "victory… *pant*"
World 17 Quest 10 Scene 96 text: "So…what" changed to "So… what"
World 17 Quest 12 Scene 68 text: "." removed from the end
World 17 Quest 12 Scene 72 text: "*whistles*...and" changed to "*whistles* ...and"
World 17 Quest 12 Scene 73 text: "What’d" changed to "What’s..."
World 17 Quest 12 Scene 78 text: "W" in "W-where" changed to lowercase
World 17 Quest 12 Scene 86 text: "sure" removed from "Not sure even"
World 17 Quest 12 Scene 89 text: extra space removed
World 17 Quest 14 Scene 37 text: "Peace" changed to "Piece"
World 17 Quest 15 Scene 45 text: "Laughter" changed to "*Laughter*"
World 17 Quest 17 Scene 65 text: "bad…*smooch*" changed to "bad… *smooch*"
World 17 Quest 18 Scene 49 text: "Nike…*smooch*" changed to "Nike… *smooch*"

Girl affection Update:
Sleepover Mavin - affection 1 text: "it ,keep" changed to "it, keep"
Peeping Fabienne - affection 1 text: "...." changed to "..."
Peeping Fabienne - affection 2 text: "a" removed from "another a shower"

Edited by Yamiray
  • Thanks 3

On the plus side, they've also added the timer for Equipment Pachinko, which we didn't have before.

But yeah I would much rather have seen a change to all three giving their daily free spin at reset time rather than each keeping count of when you last claimed it and having their own separate 24-hour timer.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Yamiray said:

Today's Quest Updates:

World 1 Quest 2 Scene 6 text: "up!" changed to "up !" (have no idea why)

Hypercorrection, I'm guessing. "up!" is the correct punctuation for the English language, whereas "up !" would be the correct punctuation if this were French instead (among other languages).  Many people are unaware that punctuation rules are not universal and can vary from one language to another. So they tend to apply whichever rules they've learned from their native language everywhere, even when they're otherwise fluent in the other language(s).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hypercorrection, I'm guessing. "up!" is the correct punctuation for the English language, whereas "up !" would be the correct punctuation if this were French instead (among other languages).  Many people are unaware that punctuation rules are not universal and can vary from one language to another. So they tend to apply whichever rules they've learned from their native language everywhere, even when they're otherwise fluent in the other language(s).

That's interesting, guess you learn something new every day. But then there not being very consistent as they removed the space from meny other entry's in the last post I made

• Like 2

Interesting indeed. I learned French in school, but I never learned that there needs to be a space between last word of a sentence and punctuation 🤔. Is this for exclamation mark only, or other punctuation as well? Definitely not for regular dot.

The french language is sometimes messy 😁.

Character Space before Space after
Comma , No Yes
Dot . No Yes
Semi-colon ; Yes Yes
Question mark ? Yes Yes
Exclamation mark ! Yes Yes
Dash — Yes Yes
Colon : Yes Yes
Apostrophe ' No No
Ellipsis ... No Yes
Opening parenthesis ( Yes No
Closing parenthesis ) No Yes
Forward bracket [ Yes No
Trailling bracket ] No Yes
Quotation mark « » / “ ” Yes Yes
Hyphen - No No

I can't really see a rule there and I don't know if one exists but you get used to it thanks to reading mostly.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Horsting said:

I learned French in school, but I never learned that there needs to be a space between last word of a sentence and punctuation

I didn't study French at all, but I looked on the Internet:
There is no space before One-Part Punctuation Marks (period and comma)
But in the case of Two-Part Punctuation Marks, which include punctuation marks such as : ; « » ! ? % $ #, a space is needed both before and after them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite interesting, yes.
What I also noticed being different between English and German, is a comma before and.
In German there is never ever a "Komma vor und".
At the end of a sentence, there is no space before punctuation, although I tend to sometimes make one when using multiple ones !!! (but it looks strange).

But indeed there is always more to a language than just learning words. 😉

• Like 1

Today's Profile Updates:

Taria, Pro Legendary Hero - Description: "The Gems Kingdom" changed to "In the past, the Gems Kingdom", "," removed from "Lord, and", "Tariette." changed to "Tariette?", "times. But the hardest is" changed to "times, but the hardest thing is"
Sheheramazond Simbad Baba - Description: "desert nomadic tribe entirely comprised" changed to "nomadic desert tribe comprised entirely", "camp" changed to "campfire"
Nicole Chickenlittle - Description: "P" in "Prince." changed to lowercase

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:21 PM, mdnoria said:

I can't really see a rule there and I don't know if one exists but you get used to it thanks to reading mostly.

Technically it's even a bit more subtle than that. The space between a word and a punctuation sign is not supposed to be just a regular space as you get by pressing the space bar once, but instead it's "insécable" for which I'm told by a quick google search that "no-break space, non-breaking space, hard space" are the most common translations. In Word or any word processing software there's a specific character for the unbreakable space that you can use instead of just pressing the space bar.

It usually doesn't come into play much at all when chatting or typing online or even writing for yourself, but in print (and hand writing, for those of us who still dabble in that in this day and age ^^) it does matter. Sometimes even in a forum post, a French speaker makes do with a line break to avoid breaking the unbreakable space, as it feels totally wrong. Honestly, it would in English or other languages too, but English has the convenient rule that any punctuation sign is basically always stuck to at least one word, so the problem can't really occur.

For instance, you'll never see:

La ponctuation, c'est compliqué
!

If a line break must happen, you either make the cut before the word that precedes the punctuation sign:

La ponctuation, c'est
compliqué !

OR you cut the word that doesn't fully fit, inserting a hyphen. But there's a rule for that too: the hyphen must fit at the end of the line with the first half of the word that's been cut, not after the line break (and you can't cut a word just anywhere, it's either between syllables or in the middle of a double consonant if there is one):

La ponctuation, c'est compli-
qué !

In any case, given the number of language mistakes in both the English and French dialogue and other texts in this game, punctuation should be the least of their worries. ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

but instead it's "insécable" for which I'm told by a quick google search that "no-break space, non-breaking space, hard space"

Makes sense. In office software you can usually enter such space with CTRL+Shift+space bar. The same is used in scientific documents between value and unit, like "100 m" or "5 kg". So even when you use justified alignment, this particular space keeps a fixed length, and there is never a line break between unit and value. Makes sense for punctuation as well.

This is also often used in HTML, coded as "&nbsp" (this is the first time I realise that it's abbreviation for Non-Breaking SPace), to add multiple spaces with a fixed length, e.g. to align elements, whereas common spaces in HTML are either ignored or wrapped together to a single non-fixed space.

Edited by Horsting
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

punctuation should be the least of their worries

Well, they have to start somewhere, and I'd say they can't do that much damage by that, except making it looking a bit awkward to those who really know or care.

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

... enter such space with CTRL+Shift+space ...

This is also often used in HTML, coded as "&nbsp" (this is the first time I realise that it's abbreviation for Non-Breaking SPace), to add multiple spaces with a fixed length, e.g. to align elements, whereas common spaces in HTML are either ignored or wrapped together to a single non-fixed space.

And again learned something new today. 🧐

• Juicy peach 1

• 2 weeks later...