Date tokens!

Chumbi

16 hours ago, Chumbi said:

I dont think its right just to remove the date tokens without any type of compensation, I paid a lot of money to accumulate those, wheres my money???

Yes, indeed - i think this was managed not very well. While the forum using players were most likely aware of this coming change - the players not using the forum or reading patch notes were caught most likely by surprise - I guess you too.

Also, you are not only one who got affected by this drastic feature and currency removal - there are more people, see example threads.

In fact, I would be quite interested how many players got affected by this currency removal....

What compensation you would have in mind? What ratio Dating tokens to Kobane you would find fair? Or you have orbs in mind?

Edited by feeef
expand examples

If you actually read the patch notes it makes it seem they might return some time in the future however you had more than a month to spend your dating tokens.
don't need compensation if they plan to bring them back in the future in some form.  (if they do this i don't think they will do it until some time next year though.)

4 minutes ago, natstar said:

If you actually read the patch notes it makes it seem they might return some time in the future however you had more than a month to spend your dating tokens.
don't need compensation if they plan to bring them back in the future in some form.  (if they do this i don't think they will do it until some time next year though.)

I asked the support - they told me they will not bring dating tokens back. So the question of compensation or temporarily re-activation IS indeed at hand.

il y a 52 minutes, feeef a dit :

Yes, indeed - i think this was managed not very well. While the forum using players were most likely aware of this coming change - the players not using the forum or reading patch notes were caught most likely by surprise - I guess you too.

I think you should ask yourself if it's a good idea not to read patch notes and then asking others to assume the decisions you make. Why are these notes written, according to you ?

Nothing forbids you to try to earn a compensation, of course. I guess you have zero chance to succeed, but maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Kaitana
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kaitana said:

I think you should ask yourself if it's a good idea not to read patch notes (and in-game news too) and then asking others to assume the things you do. Why are these notes written, according to you ?

Nothing forbids you to try to earn a compensation, of course. I guess you have zero chance to succeed, but maybe I'm wrong.

I mean, yes you can frame the situation that way that fault is on players who don't like to do the spoilerish metagaming like reading patch notes or forums - but i'm a strong believer in self-explaining games and software in general. It should not be needed to go to external information sources to understand the game mechanics or change of them. The information was not properly enough communicated via in-game methods (which are plenty) - I think gamers caught by this are rightful angry, especially the ones, who invest real money to get dating tokens.

Edited by feeef
typo
  • Like 2
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, feeef said:

The information was not properly enough communicated via in-game methods (which are plenty) - I think gamers caught by this are rightful angry, especially the ones, who invest real money to get dating tokens.

Actually it was - you got a huge message announcing the change. So quit whining and learn to read.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 430i said:

Actually it was - you got a huge message announcing the change. So quit whining and learn to read.

I stand by my interpretation that it was not huge and properly communicated: It is claimed it was one time a daily message (haven't seen it) , but these daily messages are often of low information content and therefore clicked over by many players; it was indeed several times in the patch notes but theses  are not the right announcement channels for future mechanic changes but the past.

Proper announcement methods would have been: message in harem screen+blinking dating token or mouseover message, window filling message on login on last day, count down timer on the bottom of the screen etc etc. So there ware many ways doing it more properly - in game.

• Hug 3

2 ore fa, feeef ha scritto:

I mean, yes you can frame the situation that way that fault is on players who don't like to do the spoilerish metagaming like reading patch notes or forums - but i'm a strong believer in self-explaining games and software in general. It should not be needed to go to external information sources to understand the game mechanics or change of them.

The external information sources are internal information sources, like two auto pop up and a link to the forum that, as you can see, it's proven you can access and read. You also own a Club and surely you could have asked and someone quoted.

I'm quite sure you do a lot of "meta" in COD or whatever other software you're using, if you ever using one: to use Word at my pro level, you have to access zillion of external references. Programs are barely self explained in their own interface alone.

If you don't care the game, it's assumed you don't care the changes.

I'll translate the whole of your post in human language:

"I failed to obtain the Cumpetition girl, I have to rant".

And now explain me how someone can invest MONEY to get DATE TOKENS. I cannot. You cannot. No one can.

Take this 2 cents and go play with baloons.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 1

52 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

The external information sources are internal information sources, like two auto pop up and a link to the forum that, as you can see, it's proven you can access and read. You also own a Club and surely you could have asked and someone quoted.

I'm quite sure you do a lot of "meta" in COD or whatever other software you're using, if you ever using one: to use Word at my pro level, you have to access zillion of external references. Programs are barely self explained in their own interface alone.

If you don't care the game, it's assumed you don't care the changes.

I'll translate the whole of your post in human language:

"I failed to obtain the Cumpetition girl, I have to rant".

And now explain me how someone can invest MONEY to get DATE TOKENS. I cannot. You cannot. No one can.

Take this 2 cents and go play with baloons.

I care about game mechanics very much - in fact i take my most joy out of discovering and optimizing game mechanics myself - i intentional avoid potential sources of spoiler information (like cheat sheets, forums etc) to challenge myself. No, i dont play games the "optimize and win at all cost and also with external resources & help" way , as it seems you do.

About my forum use now, i headed to the forum as for me the immersion of the game was broken - something happend unexpected and unexplained by the internal coherent existing game mechanisms - last resort approach, if the game broke for me.

About investing money for dating tokens, there is just now a parallel thread going on where a gamer described how he intentional invested money into kobane and then into fights to maximize his dating token amount - i guess you can find this thread.

Edited by feeef

42 minutes ago, feeef said:

I care about game mechanics very much - in fact i take my most joy out of discovering and optimizing game mechanics myself - i intentional avoid potential sources of spoiler information (like cheat sheets, forums etc) to challenge myself. No, i dont play games the "optimize and win at all cost and also with external resources & help" way , as it seems you do.

About my forum use now, i headed to the forum as for me the immersion of the game was broken - something happend unexpected and unexplained by the internal coherent existing game mechanisms - last resort approach, if the game broke for me.

About investing money for dating tokens, there is just now a parallel thread going on where a gamer described how he intentional invested money into kobane and then into fights to maximize his dating token amount - i guess you can find this thread.

If you care about dating tokens so much make a topic with a poll asking for them to make them active/add them back to the game again, you would get more support than here where you are argue about no warning when we had 5+ weeks of warning that they would be removed from the game.

I suggest that you join a more active club as well because people that do not read the forums still get information about game changes and promo codes in there when the clubs are more active.

I suggest that you look in both the gift code and patch notes part of the forum as well in the future

https://blog.kinkoid.com/patchnotes/patch-notes-hentai-heroes/

Edited by natstar
  • Like 1

4 minuti fa, feeef ha scritto:

I care game mechanics very much - in fact i take my most joy out of discovering and optimizing game mechanics myself - i intentional avoid potential sources of spoiler information (like cheat sheets, forums etc) to challenge myself. No, i dont play games the "optimize and win at all cost and also with external resources & help" way , as it seems you do.

Yes, I do. I'm level 200 and I'm the better super insighted guy of the whole party.

I'll tell you a secret: there's no cheat. You can check the wiki and see all the points, all the scores, all the things. And once you'll read it,  you'll know that there's nothing that "challenge you" playing blind. If not by playing bad for long time. Do you arrange Magic The Gathering decks randomly? Probably not.

What you're trying to do is to fake your disappointment to have missed a girl with a partial shards collecting.

And that's the proof: you're not the guy that invested actual money to collect shards, you're quoting another one.

The moon, the finger and the sage. You cannot win with poor arguments, you invested nothing.

To destroy your arguments once and for all, you should figure out such number of things.

1. To apply your proposed solutions KK had to apply an update. League players are all against stopping the game, figure out for a single banner. Once to add it, once to remove it.
  2. The external landing page allow them to send you complex, long messages.
  3. If you're so interested in game mechanics, why you didn't read a patch that tell you the game (and so his mechanics) were altered? I'll read them all the time for the purpose.
  4. You have a cute mailbox icon on the left bottom corner that subtlely hint you there are messages sent to you. You can always click it at any time.

Now, considering the mailbox, the auto pop up, the club, the forum link, the social profiles, you have plenty of sources internally accessible to get aware of the game mechanics you like a lot. If you don't care, you're profiled as a casual player.

The casual player is the one that KK like a lot, is the target of the 29.99$ offer that deal less than the 9.99$ one. Or spending money to get a meta currency that is way less efficient than spending money to directly take  the object.

So, a sad truth about life that happen the moment you'll exit the millennial mindset: people is your enemy, and knowledge is your weapon. Every bit of knowledge  help you become aware and invest time, energy, dreams and money in the correct spot. If you don't care, you'll be milked out (of time, energy, ideas and money).

That's practically true for every online activity. Even the free ones ask you something, and you must be aware of what to conceed or not. That "lone knight" approach risk to become "the milked cow".

Don't be the casual player. Just that.

• Like 2
  • Hug 2

5 hours ago, feeef said:

I mean, yes you can frame the situation that way that fault is on players who don't like to do the spoilerish metagaming like reading patch notes or forums - but i'm a strong believer in self-explaining games and software in general. It should not be needed to go to external information sources to understand the game mechanics or change of them. The information was not properly enough communicated via in-game methods (which are plenty) - I think gamers caught by this are rightful angry, especially the ones, who invest real money to get dating tokens.

Let's get this straight:

You made a mistake.

Now you are angry and want to blame the developers for your mistake.

Instead of accepting you are human and can make mistakes.

Please don't be a Karen about this. If you have legitimate complaints, you have a right to demand things, but this is rather obviously your own mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, feeef said:

Look, it is your own choice to play as you do - deprive yourself from the useful information. You somehow ignored several patch notes about it, which is an ingame feature (not a cheat sheet or a forum). What do you want?

We have here several people like you. One don't use an ingame currency for whatever reason, the other don't level up for whatever reason as well. They chose that deliberately and, hopefully, are ok with the consequences of that. What do you want? You want the devs to change their behaviour and notify you the way you like it? Or what? For how long do you play this game? If it is long enough, than you should probably already know that all the important info about new game features are in patch notes. Right?

When Kinkoid listened to some of the complaints of the community and implemented automatic gather of prizes from Seasons in the end of the month (for monthly card holders), there were threads, complaining about that feature, that it gathered exprerience, people didn't want to get. IDK If they will listen to every player, playing "their own way", it would be a hell of a game in the end.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Gotaku said:

Let's get this straight:

You made a mistake.

Now you are angry and want to blame the developers for your mistake.

Instead of accepting you are human and can make mistakes.

Please don't be a Karen about this. If you have legitimate complaints, you have a right to demand things, but this is rather obviously your own mistake.

let's get this straight - a mistake is having all informations available and doing the wrong thing - this is not at all what happend here.

I'm also not "angry", just my professional itch for doing things the proper way needs to be scratched - meaning, would be great if Kinkoid would spare in future other gamers similar disappointments by providing game mechanic changes via in-game channels, reliable and robust.

Edited by feeef
  • Hug 1

One part has exposed his points and the other has replied with theirs. As it seems that no one is going to change his thoughts, it is futile to drag the issue on. I think this thread should be closed.

Just remember: In the future Kinkoid will issue changes in the game and they will be announced in the game News Inbox with a link to the patch notes in Kinkoid website. Then do as you please with or without this info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I only realized today that the Dating Tokens have been removed (yes, I don't watch the communications assiduously and I don't visit the forum often, also because with all the updates that have occurred in the last year, I'm no longer able to make the login at the game, and forum, from my pc, it's probably too old, and therefore I can only connect with the cell and then consult the emails is less practical for me and consequently I forget to make it).

However, returning to the point, I don't discuss the removal of tokens, if those who manage the game prefer it this way, ok.. 

But I don't think it right that the tokens set aside for the players are canceled..

For example, I had more than 1000 tokens aside, which I was accumulating for the characters I cared about most (like.. Gossy, the "parody" of Perona of One Piece, which nevertheless never comes out in any event, not even on Halloween she came out) and instead so I find myself without having any token and not even having used them.

I repeat, I'm fine with them being removed, but leaving the possibility to those who had them aside to use them.. also because it's not that all the players in the world are always behind the update emails to notice immediately, there is also who for a thousand different reasons they have to take breaks from the game and when they returns, they finds without resources that they have before.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ugogigi said:

I repeat, I'm fine with them being removed, but leaving the possibility to those who had them aside to use them.. also because it's not that all the players in the world are always behind the update emails to notice immediately, there is also who for a thousand different reasons they have to take breaks from the game and when they returns, they finds without resources that they have before.

They had a 2 and a half week period after which they didn't drop, but players could use them.

They didn't expect instant awareness, they gave one month and multiple reminders in patch notes and in game.

Everyone here is an adult, so they should take responsibility for keeping up with changes to the game. If they aren't paying attention to the changes, that's on them. 

• Like 1

51 minuti fa, GeorgeMTO ha scritto:

They had a 2 and a half week period after which they didn't drop, but players could use them.

They didn't expect instant awareness, they gave one month and multiple reminders in patch notes and in game.

Everyone here is an adult, so they should take responsibility for keeping up with changes to the game. If they aren't paying attention to the changes, that's on them. 

Which means "we have 2 weeks period", a player may not be able to connect for several months for a thousand reasons, or not view the mail as many reasons, and a game should always allow the player who is back active at any time to find everything as he left it, with the same resources set aside.. and don't lose things because the managers had in the meantime the idea of eliminating the resources at that time.

In my opinion, the retroactive cancellation of resources is not right, in any case.

You have a very rough way of handling things and the answers you give every time someone tries to ask for an explanation or consider, are even worse, also for this reason I do not enter with pleasure in this forum..
Best regards.. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ugogigi said:

Which means "we have 2 weeks period", a player may not be able to connect for several months for a thousand reasons, or not view the mail as many reasons, and a game should always allow the player who is back active at any time to find everything as he left it, with the same resources set aside.. and don't lose things because the managers had in the meantime the idea of eliminating the resources at that time.

In my opinion, the retroactive cancellation of resources is not right, in any case.

You have a very rough way of handling things and the answers you give every time someone tries to ask for an explanation or consider, are even worse, also for this reason I do not enter with pleasure in this forum..
Best regards.. 👍🏻

Moderators are just players that help out with the forums they don't have control over game changes or how well Kinkoid gives information to the players.
We had around a 5 week warning about this change coming which is much better than normal when we have normally less than a week.

If you have a problem with a game change you can either leave feedback on the forum,discord,ect or make a ticket in game then select feedback.

I think that was another robbery just like the recent equipment price reduction. I missed all the notices (if there were any, ha-ha) too, lost several hundred tokens. And I think it would be better just to remove token drops, not the tokens themselves. But.. Game devs are the Kings, if they need more money, they can do whenever they want. However, please don't expect good feedback from the players and stop liking comments like "You've been warned beforehand, stop whining", ok?

• Like 2