strategy to awakenings

gluddukat

I think gems makes the game more interesting and opens up more strategies. Now you have to think about, for example, which girls you want to level up. Lets talk here about strategy in the other thread u can complain if u dont like awakenings.

before the update i will bring all girls over my caplevel 301 (I am 334) and get all girls i can claim (pachinko/season). I think this will be last time and chance i level up 1 or 3 star girls.

it should be clear that you only level up 5/6 star girls after the update. I think the best thing to do is to level up the mythical ones first and then the common to get the required number for the higher levels. For example has a mythic on lvl 450 the same values like a common on 750. It seems for me best go full on mythic for battle team and use the common for required number to upgrade.

Edited by gluddukat

The primary strategy being should be the strategy to do as much avoidance of needing gems as possible as a first step, as you note.

Everything else is, in my opinion, wait and see how things actually work, as what is currently in the test server ( which I am not on, admittedly) may not be exactly translated to the live server. One can have theories, but we'll have to see what this brings.

• Thanks 1

It will be a huge time sink having to unlock every 50 levels of each girl even if you have the gems available to do so.
this is not a good thing for new players that are already short on books/affection gifts because they have a lot of catching up to do with getting the older girls and now they need to get gems as well.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

U have to accept that the game changes and that in future u will probably only level up the 5 stars.

On the testserver u get for example 100 yellow and 100 red gems per day. This is enough that beginner can level up bunny (yellow gems) to 250 (there is no cap to lvl 250) in a few days.

In my case (lvl 334) I need to pay the level cap 351. This is for mythic 1200 gems.

https://blog.kinkoid.com/spotlight/test-server-awakening/

Seems for me ok to wait 12 days to go for the next level. I have 4 mythic girls with different gems. The other color gems I will use to level up the 5 star common for the required number for next level cap.

The first step will obviously be to focus on the pre-patch preparation: spend all my books on relevant girls, to max their level. That means my Mythics and 5* Legendaries, then 5* Epic, Rare and Common. I probably have enough books to max out of all them (Since they're all already pretty close to max anyway), so the extra books will go to 3 stars legendaries, probably.

At my level (350), with the current values, I have a team of 4 Mythics and 3 Legendaries that will be my baseline (With a few more legendaries as backup, in case of bad blessings).

Since I won't be able to level up beyond this level 350 for a while, this will probably be my "strategy" for a while. But looking into the far future:

- I need to level up a Common 5* to lvl 450 to be "as strong" as my current lvl 350 Legendaries

- I need to level up a Common 5* to lvl 550 to be "stronger" than my lvl 350 Mythics (lvl 500 might be enough to be "as strong")

- Rare and Epic can be stronger around lvl 500, Legend around lvl 450 (But that's much more expensive)

So I'll need to awaken 33 to 36 girls beyond lvl 500 before I can include new (stronger) girls to my baseline team. Since I need that many, I'll have to focus on the cheapest ones: common (5* and even ~10 3*; which are worthless but required to get the numbers), and then just a few Rare/Epic (I don't have that many Rare/Epic 5* anyway; less than half of the existing ones)

Depending on gems drop rates (Somewhere between 25 and 100 per day per color, at the moment?), it will take approximately a year. Until then, my baseline team will be the strongest possible team. So, it seems that my strategy will be : "stash my gems for a year, don't touch my team for a year, then we'll see how to best spend the gems".

Sounds great! :)

Alternatively, I already have enough girls at lvl 350* to immediately awaken Mythic and Legendary girls to lvl 400. That would only require 2 to 8 Months of gems, depending on the drop rates. And all my Mythics are of a different element, so I could focus on all of them at the same time. So maybe it's a better first step; focus on my 4 Mythics and bring them to lvl 400. And then focus on the Commons to go further. If the patch is delayed a bit, I may even be able to catch a 5th Mythic, who knows?

* Assuming having un-awoken lvl 350 girls is sufficient. They won't be "Awaken" to lvl 350; they just already are at lvl 350 pre-patch. Will that be sufficient to unlock lvl 400 Awakening? I don't know.

Edit:

Il y a 3 heures, gluddukat a dit :

In my case (lvl 334) I need to pay the level cap 351. This is for mythic 1200 gems.

That's incorrect. You need to unlock all lower-levels first; so that's 5700 Gems. So, closer to 2 months, and not 12 days, assuming a high drop rate of 100 Gems per day.

Edit2: Thanks for clarifying, I'm the one that was incorrect :)

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Liliat said:

That's incorrect. You need to unlock all lower-levels first; so that's 5700 Gems. So, closer to 2 months, and not 12 days, assuming a high drop rate of 100 Gems per day.

Not sure what u mean. I have my mythics already over the cap 301. In testserver u dont need to pay the old caps. 

But for new mythic girls this is right. 

16 hours ago, gluddukat said:

Now you have to think about, for example, which girls you want to level up.

IDK This strongly reminds me of Diablo 2 experience in the past. You could assemble the stats the way you like... making all those archer barbarians, melee sorceress ect ect and then realising that this thing just doesn't work and you need to reassemble the stats. And guess what? You couldn't. All you had to do is to start the game from scratch 😀 Making a new character and starting from begin city. Sounds much fun 😉

• Like 5

il y a 13 minutes, gluddukat a dit :

I have my mythics already over the cap 301. In testserver u dont need to pay the old caps. 

I can't test it myself (Only being lvl 30+ on test server), but other players have reported the opposite. For example:

But maybe that's only for girls that are below their current cap indeed. Even though multiple players have reported this, it's not clear if this applies to all girls, or only girls that were below the next lvl cap.

Il y a 13 heures, gluddukat a dit :

in future u will probably only level up the 5 stars.

Why ?

Blessings still exist, but more important the player's stats are higher (at least ego, if i remember correctly) with more girl's levels. As leveling is shorter and cheaper with low level girls than with high level girls, there is a major interest in leveling all the girls, not only a fraction of the harem. 

It's going to be a factor of how common gems will be, I am betting we will see a focus on Playful and Eccentric Girls should there not be a hard daily gem cap, seen as they are only the ones from a common action.

I made a table looking over times for upgrading girls from a new account. Estimating days per girl at set gem rates per day.

Total girls are calculated at a factor of eight, as if the game is balanced the player should be able to achieve an overall balance of all eight gem types equally per day.

PD = Per Day.

I doubt we will see anywhere near the estimates of the table in gem drops.

Screenshot.png

• Like 7

On 11/14/2021 at 7:08 AM, Тёмный Властелин said:

IDK This strongly reminds me of Diablo 2 experience in the past. You could assemble the stats the way you like... making all those archer barbarians, melee sorceress ect ect and then realising that this thing just doesn't work and you need to reassemble the stats. And guess what? You couldn't. All you had to do is to start the game from scratch 😀 Making a new character and starting from begin city. Sounds much fun 😉

This does have a bit of the Diablo 2 vibe.

• Like 1

Il y a 14 heures, GeorgeMTO a dit :

Only an endurance bonus (splitting hairs on that being ego, but still). That's not worth it due to the diminishing returns.

Its +8.5% in endurance, in my case. I will not abandon that easily, I don't know how many levels I need to replace 8.5%. The possility of choosing between more or less all your girls in your team, and not only the stronger ones a certain week (but not always the next week) is very attractive too.

Plus, the diminishing returns are not only on endurance bonus. Imagine you have 100 5-stars-girls and 500 3-stars-girls. The cost in gems to break the 250th level is 9000 gems for the 5-stars, and 2500 gems to break the 50th level for the 3-stars. If you have all your 5-stars in level 250 (and that means you already have spend a great number of gems on these girls), and all your 3-stars level 1, I'm sure it's quicker to level the 5-stars, but more expansive in gems (and probably in money too). Except if my maths are wrong, of course, I see a strong advantage in levelling all your girls, even if it's not at the same pace. Like today.

I've seen a couple posts in other threads about people spending all their books which seems logical at this juncture to me.  However, I am at a loss after 5s&mythics what to spend my books on as there are so many Legendary 3s.  Anyone thinking about/doing that want to expand on their plans?

PS: It won't happen in 48 hours but I find myself wishing for that BSDM filter, because then it'd be easy to balance out.  ...I guess I can do it manually... :sadpanda:

Edited by jpanda
consistency

I guess you have to spend your books on your favorite girls, or, if there isn't, on an equal number of random girls of each element.

And Rosso said one hour ago that levelling will be gem-free until your girls reach level 250. It seems even clearer now that not levelling all the harem before level 250 is a a bad idea. Even after level 250, levelling only certain girls depends of your desire for grinding, even if the caps are cheaper to pass than it was first said.

• Thanks 1

Il y a 9 heures, jpanda a dit :

However, I am at a loss after 5s&mythics what to spend my books on as there are so many Legendary 3s.  Anyone thinking about/doing that want to expand on their plans?

Don't neglect Common and Rare girls (Including 3*). You'll need up to 100 girls (vs 50 in the initial version) to reach lvl 701+. So might as well focus on the cheapest ones to get the numbers.

That means: focus on your strongest to be the backbone of your pvp/pve teams, and on the cheapest ones to have enough girls to break through each cap.

Once you have these 100 girls maxed out, then I think Legendary 3* are the best choice. You probably won't increase their lvl cap in a long time, so the cost doesn't matter - they'll stay at their current cap forever. And they may still be useful for Champions. I was considering including Epic 3* instead of Legendaries, because they're cheaper and not much weaker (for pve), but I don't think I'll be able to spend a single gem on them anyway (Having to focus on the strongest ones on one side, and on the cheapest ones on the other side)

Including Elements, as suggested by Kaitana, also seems to be a good idea. At least make sure you can have a few 3* Legendaries to complete an Element, if you don't have enough 5/6* to get a specific element bonus.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DummyAccount said:

Does anyone know how much experience is needed to get a mythic girl from level 450 to 500? Right now I'm using all my books but I want to keep enough of them to get my mythics to 500 after the change. I can only find values for legendary girls on the wiki, it's not updated

I also got this chart, I made it recently and shared it on the discord already. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CI3YQG6LB8GEqI2hj-5aIUkZvvQGnSu_QwBakIhtSz4

• Thanks 11
  • Hearts 1

The question I'm asking myself is whether it's better to invest in 3-star and 1-star common characters to quickly unlock new awakening thresholds, or if it's better to spread out your gems over lots of 5-star legendaries to better take advantage of blessings. There aren't actually very many common, rare, or epic girls with 5-stars, so if you want to only spend gems on competitively-viable girls most of your upgrades will need to be legendaries. Going with 3-star or 1-star commons will make this process cheaper, and allow you to reach a higher level threshold earlier with a small but dedicated battle team, but those girls will contribute nothing to your team and will be useless even with blessings. Of course, going with legendaries is very expensive, as they cost four times as much to upgrade as common girls do, so investing in them will put you behind in terms of overall levels.

So just how much of a level advantage can I expect from investing in 3-star and 1-star commons, and is it worth giving up on the blessing power of having a more balanced harem? Everyone's starting point is different, so let me share mine: all my 5-star characters are above level 401 currently and thus will be level 450 come Thursday, and I have a large number of 3-star characters above level 401 as well so if I need to i have the fodder available. My 5-star collection is currently: 22 common/starting, 7 rare, 2 epic, 42 legendary, and 2 mythic. This is only 75 girls, so from level 651 up I will necessarily need at least some fodder, but until then I could focus entirely on 5-star girls.

I did a spreadsheet comparing two strategies, presuming 400 gems per day on average (50 per type). The Slow-and-Steady strategy will prioritize 5-star characters, and only upgrades 3-star commons once all of my current 5-stars are fully-upgraded to the highest awakening available to me (so only starting at the level 651 awakening). The Rush-to-the-Top strategy will upgrade only a dedicated team of 2 mythics and 5 legendaries, and the rest will be all commons to unlock the next awakening threshold as quickly as possible and get that one team levelled up, which means using 3-stars and even 1-stars from the very beginning.

Rush-to-the-Top will unlock the level 501 awakening after 0.75 months, 551 in 1.9 months, 601 in 3.7 months, 651 in 6.25 months, and 701 in 11.25 months.

Slow-and-Steady will unlock the level 501 awakening after 1.25 months, 551 in 3.7 months, 601 in 7.9 months, 651 in 14.4 months, and 701 in 22.5 months.

Overall I'm leaning towards Slow-and-Steady. The Rush strategy won't have had enough time to build a substantial level advantage for most of 2022. Until the end of the year, the Rush strategy will probably be using level 450 legendaries heavily, as a blessed level 450 will often be better than an unblessed level 600, and that means it's really not benefiting from its level advantage. It's not until it hits the final awakening that the Rush strategy starts to shine. And honestly, there's every possibility that by that point the battle system will have changed again and I'll have re-evaluated my strategy anyways.

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3* Legendaries were only really relevant with double-blessing, i.e. not that often. Considering you'll probably have them (at least) 50 levels below your 5*/6*, they may become almost irrelevant, even with double-blessing (Or just barely better).

So I would focus on cheaper girls for the numbers, and only 5* for the levels. But I haven't done the precise math. Here are a few values:

- 50 less levels at 450 (vs 500): -10%

- Double 40% blessing: +96% (I think 40% is the highest blessing level? And double x1.4 isn't too common. 40/25 is probably more typical, for a total of +75%)

- Base power difference between L3* and L5*: -26%

Total bonus with maximum double-blessing on L3* vs unblessed L5*: +30%

Total bonus with average double-blessing on L3* vs unblessed L5*: +16%

So that's +30% (If you're extremely lucky on double-blessing) or +16% (for an average double-blessing). And I only compared with L5*, as not so many players will have 7 Mythics maxed out. But with Mythics, you have to remove another 15%, so even an unblessed Mythic with +50 levels will be stronger than a double-blessed L3*.

(Note: I did the math really quickly. There may be mistakes and/or shortcuts. Don't hesitate to correct me if I missed something :) )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Liliat said:

3* Legendaries were only really relevant with double-blessing, i.e. not that often. Considering you'll probably have them (at least) 50 levels below your 5*/6*, they may become almost irrelevant, even with double-blessing (Or just barely better).

So I would focus on cheaper girls for the numbers, and only 5* for the levels. But I haven't done the precise math. Here are a few values:

- 50 less levels at 450 (vs 500): -10%

- Double 40% blessing: +96% (I think 40% is the highest blessing level? And double x1.4 isn't too common. 40/25 is probably more typical, for a total of +75%)

- Base power difference between L3* and L5*: -26%

Total bonus with maximum double-blessing on L3* vs unblessed L5*: +30%

Total bonus with average double-blessing on L3* vs unblessed L5*: +16%

So that's +30% (If you're extremely lucky on double-blessing) or +16% (for an average double-blessing). And I only compared with L5*, as not so many players will have 7 Mythics maxed out. But with Mythics, you have to remove another 15%, so even an unblessed Mythic with +50 levels will be stronger than a double-blessed L3*.

(Note: I did the math really quickly. There may be mistakes and/or shortcuts. Don't hesitate to correct me if I missed something :) )

Thanks for the comment.. I´m pretty sure it´ll be of help to a lot of members :)

Also y´all maybe want to go @zoopokemon´s spreadsheet and upgrade next week´s top blessed girls as well (especially all players at lv 451+) :)

Overall I feel like the changes made to the awakening and gems are at least something :/ (while it´s still not great especially for everyone below lvl 451). I´m also curious wether the side quest rewards will be redistributed to everyone or (probably most likely) just be there to claim for all those that didn´t claim the last rewards 🤔

Oh and also: prepare your Gogeta memes for Thursday´s league.. rip to all those that end up in his league from now on :P (I could bet that he´s going to have a full 700+ team once he has the "chance" to  grind 💲💰 those gems :P )

• Like 4
  • Haha 1