Community Scripts [Links in OP]

DvDivXXX

1 hour ago, Boulie2 said:

I don't have any features anymore on the game

I honestly have no idea how i broke it (if i did), and how to fix it

Sounds you either uninstalled it or edited most of the code out of it somehow. Simplest solution: make sure it's uninstalled (along with its visual companion Style Tweaks) in your Monkey Dashboard, if they're not, remove them manually. Then simply install them fresh from the original links.

1 hour ago, Boulie2 said:

The update link tend to crash my browser (Tampermonkey is in conflict with something, still didn't sort out what) 

What you can do instead then is to open up the TamperMonkey dashboard, go to the Utilities tab, and scroll down to Install from URL, and copy-paste the script URL in there.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Thx to @45026831 and @Kenrae, I can now use the wonderful scripts on my Android phone.

I didn't want to use Firefox Nightly, to have a more stable browser.

Using Kiwi browser works fine.

Edit : I'm adding here a solution for iOs (given by @45026831  too) :

Citation

On iOS via the UserScripts app that provides a Safari extension.

Edited by Gartalgar
  • Like 5

It's a pity that scripts on different devices work independently of each other. Statistics obtained on one device are not visible on the others, things marked as favorites on another device are not marked, etc.

I found another flaw here with the chances in the Seasons: if you update opponents using the corresponding button, then chances will not be shown for new opponents. I don't know if anyone has brought this to the attention of the developers of the script...

@Master-17 Sounds like carefully brushing the gift horse's teeth to me. Sure, it's a pity the entirely free community script made by players for players to make up for a ton of bad, incomplete or just plain missing designs and features in the bare game isn't even more amazing than it already is. And what a shame that it doesn't even connect to my coffee maker and synchronize with my alarm clock device! But yeah, count your blessings, bro. We're extremely lucky that all the dedicated and talented people who happened to play this game gave us this, and by we I mean Kinkoid as much as I mean us players.

I'm pretty sure that synchronizing between different devices would be a nightmare and maybe even impossible to pull off within the script limitations. Doesn't hurt to ask, though. But it's a very tiny inconvenience at most.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Synchronising this between devices would require a server-side infrastructure which is not present in the community scripts and would be both a pain and costly to maintain.

If you really want it, you may be able to achieve this yourself, however, by transferring the data stored by the script between devices. You can look at the script to find out where the data is stored.

Or another possibility would be forking the script and making your own version with an online data storage.

Edited by Gartalgar
  • Like 2

I've at times transported data produced by my own scripts to different devices. It's been done manually by me, copying the relevant entries in the browser's local storage, and transporting that data somehow to the other device and pasting it to its local storage.

But I wouldn't be doing that if I wasn't making graphs of historical data in leagues, or maybe if some game stores its save data there or something (that's happened as well but I used that trick for backups instead of playing on a different device). It's more trouble than it brings convenience in most circumstances.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gartalgar said:

If you really want it, you may be able to achieve this yourself, however, by transferring the data stored by the script between devices.

Maybe it's worth then trying to synchronize data, for example, with Google Drive? If you want synchronization between devices, connect your Google account, on which a copy of the script data is created, for example, every 5 minutes. Then, on another device, the script accesses this account, finds the database, downloads it and installs it on its own. Profit.

That kind of convoluted setup is fine and dandy for those who have a use for it and the expertise to set it up for themselves, but I really wouldn't want the script itself to do anything like that. Sending my data to Google or another online storage thing? No thanks.

14 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sending my data to Google or another online storage thing? No thanks.

If someone does not want to use this functionality, they simply disable this function in the script, like all other. And this will not be the account of some unknown person, but your own, so your data will not get to anyone else.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

That kind of convoluted setup is fine and dandy for those who have a use for it and the expertise to set it up for themselves, but I really wouldn't want the script itself to do anything like that. Sending my data to Google or another online storage thing? No thanks.

Agree, I don't trust those systems. Any code I do I sends to my own personal php server so I have full control of it.

Edited by Yamiray
  • Like 1

Sync with any online storage account would require putting the account and password in the script configuration.

Even if I respect (a lot) the work of the people behind the scripts, I wouldn't be comfortable sharing this with them.

Plus they would surely have to cater for different online storage sites, which can be a hassle to maintain.

Anyway, that's just some points of view, you can go on GitHub, ask this feature from "Numbers" and see what's his answer. Maybe search the features list first to see if anyone already requested something similar.

I don't know if there is a similar type of repository for the other script version but you can surely find that easily.

• Like 1

Il y a 21 heures, Gartalgar a dit :

Even if I respect (a lot) the work of the people behind the scripts, I wouldn't be comfortable sharing this with them.

Just a technical answer about that: any serious website which manages passwords doesn't know what the passwords are because they are stored encrypted.

About the online storage of script data, people can dream about it but it will stay a dream, at least for the script I'm dealing with. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Our only slight hope is that the browsers themselves (Chrome and Firefox mostly) implement a way to synchronize the kind of data storage the script is using, like they can do nowadays with cookies and other data. That would be transparent to the script.

@Kenrae I don't know exactly what is synchronized with stuff like Firefox Sync, maybe there are some options that would sync even the script data between browsers.

Le 07/09/2022 à 10:01, Tom208 a dit :

Just a technical answer about that: any serious website which manages passwords doesn't know what the passwords are because they are stored encrypted.

I'm not talking about a website storing the password for his own users here, I'm taking about API access to Google Drive or other online storage. So the id information is not used locally in the script but used to access a remote service. You can't encrypt the password if you need to send it to another service.

But it seems that the Google Drive API can use OAuth so you might not need to handle the password inside the script.

Still, you would need to give access to your drive to the script. It's not even about trusting the person behind the script, you can also have data breaches, the script may be compromised at the repository level, ... You should be very careful about which apps, scripts or whatever  can access your online storage.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to make the second additional button leading directly to the Champions appear after all? For some reason, it does not appear on this computer. After installation, it did not appear, I did something shamanistic and it appeared, however, after a recent cleaning of cookies, it disappeared again and does not appear no matter what I do.

1.jpg.8b82ea786c46403dd354007c63810e24.jpg

1 hour ago, Master-17 said:

Does anyone know how to make the second additional button leading directly to the Champions appear after all? For some reason, it does not appear on this computer. After installation, it did not appear, I did something shamanistic and it appeared, however, after a recent cleaning of cookies, it disappeared again and does not appear no matter what I do.

Delete the script and re-install it.  That usually fixes any bugs I encounter.

11 hours ago, Master-17 said:

1.jpg.8b82ea786c46403dd354007c63810e24.jpg

As a rule of thumb. Whenever you install the script on a new device, visit the harem to set up some important data.

The champions shortcut, for example, is controlled by girl count.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• DvDivXXX changed the title to Community Scripts [Links in OP]
  • Ravi-Sama featured this topic
  • Ravi-Sama pinned this topic