Chit Chat Thread - If you just want to talk about everyday CxH things

Gotaku

Finished the DP. I'm hoping that it won't revert backwards when I'll open it on my phone (I know that there had been problems with it, I experiencd it myself, it can revert back when you're playing on two devices - it can go to the early stage that it was on the second device).

• GG 1

*WARNING!  THIS IS A RANTING/VENTING POST!*

DAMN IT! THIS WHOLE WEEK IS FUCKING HELL!  BAD WEATHER, HEADACHES & COMPUTER CRASHES EVERY DAMN DAY!  FUCK!

BARELY A FEW HRS TO PLAY A DAY & MISSING OUT WAS BAD ENOUGH (LoST REGEN, MISSED CHAMPION FIGHTS, ETC.), AND NOW THIS!

I LOST BROOD!

I HAD 14 oR 16 SHARDS THAT GOT ROUNDED UP TO 20 WHEN SHE MOVED FROM THE VILLAIN SHE WAS ON, So I WAS @ 80/100 WITH 40 MoRE TO COLLECT; I WAS WAITING FOR WHEN GIRLS WOULD BE WORTH 50K IN CONTESTS,, BUT MISSED IT BC IT TAKES SEVERAL HRS AFTER A CRASHE BEFORE PC IS 'FIXED' ENOUGH TO EVEN PLAY, SO 1-3 HRS BEFORE RESET IS ALL I GET TO TRY TO DO EVERYTHING IN 2-3 GAMES, SAYING FUCK PSH IF I HAVE TO.

MISSED OUT ON AN AWESOME & BADASS GIRL & BONUS ORBS...

AFTER THIS I'M MUCH MORE STRONGLY CONSIDERING TAKING A HIATUS, NOT MERELY REDUCING PLAY...

FOCUS ON RL, HEALTH & SHIT.

/end rant.

• Sad 1
  • Hug 2

Sorry to hear that.

I've missed collecting an LC contest girl like that, waiting for contest to score some points. And I seem to remember DvDivXXX has had a similar incident.

It might be best to leave such optimizations, and just grab the girl soonest. Honestly, 50k points often doesn't amount to that much in that contest once you get to mid-game levels (350+ or so) and the top contestants run over 1M points.

Best wishes and good health to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Karxan said:

*WARNING!  THIS IS A RANTING/VENTING POST!*

DAMN IT! THIS WHOLE WEEK IS FUCKING HELL!  BAD WEATHER, HEADACHES & COMPUTER CRASHES EVERY DAMN DAY!  FUCK!

BARELY A FEW HRS TO PLAY A DAY & MISSING OUT WAS BAD ENOUGH (LoST REGEN, MISSED CHAMPION FIGHTS, ETC.), AND NOW THIS!

I LOST BROOD!

I HAD 14 oR 16 SHARDS THAT GOT ROUNDED UP TO 20 WHEN SHE MOVED FROM THE VILLAIN SHE WAS ON, So I WAS @ 80/100 WITH 40 MoRE TO COLLECT; I WAS WAITING FOR WHEN GIRLS WOULD BE WORTH 50K IN CONTESTS,, BUT MISSED IT BC IT TAKES SEVERAL HRS AFTER A CRASHE BEFORE PC IS 'FIXED' ENOUGH TO EVEN PLAY, SO 1-3 HRS BEFORE RESET IS ALL I GET TO TRY TO DO EVERYTHING IN 2-3 GAMES, SAYING FUCK PSH IF I HAVE TO.

MISSED OUT ON AN AWESOME & BADASS GIRL & BONUS ORBS...

AFTER THIS I'M MUCH MORE STRONGLY CONSIDERING TAKING A HIATUS, NOT MERELY REDUCING PLAY...

FOCUS ON RL, HEALTH & SHIT.

/end rant.

If you're waiting for the last day to get her (like I did), you should have taken her on the first moment after the daily contests had started on the last day.

I always fear that I will miss girls like this, it's a bit risky, so I collect them the earliest I can on the last day. Luckily, I hadn't missed any so far because of this method of action of mine. I'm sorry to hear that you missed her because of this practice 😢

@Karxan Did you at least get a girl from the Double penetration event?

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 2

Thank You, Everyone!

i'm finally feeling better, not quite 100%, but mostly there...

headache messed me up so bad, i was too out of it to share some good news, which at the time i was feeling it was too little too late, but here it is!

i was holding my gold for resetting the SM Store to try to get Narkisha Onix instead of RNG girls i couldn't remember or girls from Champions/Villains/PoG/PoV; RNG didn't give me Narkisha before i ran out of kkGold, but i did get 2 L5s!

Brood & Wanton Witchling!  i was too effed up then to feel the relief or joy i should have, but i do now!

image.png.3c1bdf0e613587ba0a5664ea55f5415e.pngimage.png.860d76badd13bcf01a797c635539e4a4.png

• Hearts 1
  • Juicy peach 1

• 2 weeks later...

A thought for @Karxan, I remember that you have written that your PC isn't that great and having troubles to run the game (especually HH, which takes a bigger load).

I'm alternating between playing on my laptop (with google chrome) and my mobile phone (with Kiwi browser).

Although my computer is rather new (two years old), the game runs better on the smartphone! And you can install the scripts on Kiwi browser (that's why I chose it).

There are somethings on the game that I prefer doing on the computer, while others that I prefer doing on my smartphone (because the computer is slower).

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, OmerB said:

If you're waiting for the last day to get her (like I did), you should have taken her on the first moment after the daily contests had started on the last day.

I always fear that I will miss girls like this, it's a bit risky, so I collect them the earliest I can on the last day. Luckily, I hadn't missed any so far because of this method of action of mine. I'm sorry to hear that you missed her because of this practice 😢

Nooooooope!

On 7/8/2023 at 6:00 PM, OmerB said:

Perhaps it's better to put it here too - I've made an extrapulation for the future PoG's girls:

I just wanted to ask how are your Crystal balls @Ravi-Sama, so I brought me some balls of my own ;)

Nice!  TY!!!

On 5/27/2023 at 2:08 PM, Der DinX said:

It is always nice, if there is a consistancy in every aspekt, regarding to one specific Item.

image.png.644e9f5c96b3820b00204ef7a09ce111.png

image.png.dcccf640305805975b5fe738328c8978.png

image.png.42dac3fbc01be550941b2da5cbca6627.png

image.png.e3127cdc2f94d5ad47136e4083365955.png

Good to see, that they agree on this one. 🤪

Just noticed and I don't believe it is true, but it actually says it would drop 35 Shards at Level 5. 😲

I just upgraded from 3 to 4, and at level 3 it said there would be 4 shards at level 5, which is shown correctly.
Did the same at PsH and now it shows this: image.png.5a1080aed10cffed7c6f569e1a9cf0d8.png

Is that correct, or just a visual thing?

---------------------------------

Sure. Now I see it.

The first one shows how much shards I have right now.
The second one would be after the next drop.
And the third one would be after the next drop, if I upgrade know to the next Level.

Very confusing. 😵

But still, this one should be a 5 instead of 35. image.png.858299eb2e303d8f5110d54c6ff9d276.png

It seems to be adding what the Next Level Rewards are/would be to your current total, which isn't phrased/presented properly but, whaaatev...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yaaaay...

image.thumb.png.db5afea6961c7aea6796d1f417f6979d.png

i waaaasss gunna do a salty bit o' shade-throwing, but that might be considered trolling, so i'll just share the pic & let you decide...

image.thumb.png.1f9b6390e29ef41d3cde18fe631787ba.png

54 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Ravi seems fine with it, so something must elude me. Seems weird to necro an event thread from over 2 months ago, still. 

On 8/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, OmerB said:

Edited August 19 by OmerB

unless there was one more recent than that, i can't recall, & my notes are less than reliable.

Narkisha is the 4th Exhibisionist (🟢) Mythic girl on CxH! 😱

Getting enough green gems to level them up will be difficult...

BTW, I think that creative-wise, CxH got the best treatment currently. The current story and the new girls are very creative and original. It's too bad that you're not playing it @DvDivXXX, and I would also like to kick your ass on D3 (if you'd decided to join and get there) 😄

Edited by OmerB
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised :O 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, Karxan said:

unless there was one more recent than that, i can't recall, & my notes are less than reliable.

So your logic for necrobumping a 2+ month event thread was that, in your eyes, it was the only way to answer a basic chit chat question? Just because one of the girls you happen to have completed in the current SM shop was originally released in that old event?

If that's really it, then please next time use the following method instead: answer the question directly and simply in the Chit Chat thread or wherever else that chit chat question was asked. You can just say "yes, I completed [girl name] from the old June event". You've completed the girl later and by other means, so this doesn't change anything about your results in her original event.

Beyond that, just answering a question or sharing a tidbit of info on your personal progress in a game shouldn't even give you the idea of a bumping an old even thread. You don't need to bump a dead thread or post screenshots to answer a simple question.

---

18 hours ago, OmerB said:

BTW, I think that creative-wise, CxH got the best treatment currently. The current story and the new girls are very creative and original. It's too bad that you're not playing it

I don't know about that. On paper CxH's theme hits closer to home for me as I grew up reading tons of superhero comics and I stayed a fan of comic books in general for decades. But the character design, world-building, art style and art quality of the first years were all very uninteresting to me (even off-putting for a lot of the art). I rarely see CxH art even these days that makes me wish I played that game. I'm much more a fan of the art in HH, and there's also at least a couple of great artists on GH from all the previews and banners I see. CxH has functional to pretty okay art to my taste, in comparison.

Basically if these were comics instead of games, CxH would have to have outstanding writing for me to  pick it up and keep reading despite the art, whereas HH would be on the opposite end of the spectrum. The type of series I couldn't help but pick up because the art is so flashy and exciting, even if I don't expect much from the story, dialogue or character development (although there were really good bits over the years, they've been few and far between, and overall it's been very consistent with a ton of dull plots, character interactions that go nowhere, and boring dialogue).

TL;DR: HH would be Image Comics in their early years, whereas CxH would be something I don't even consider checking out unless people whose taste I trust strongly recommend it to me for the writing, so closer to old DC Vertigo stuff.

Just my opinion anyway.

• Hug 1

9 hours ago, OmerB said:

The latest story is quite thrilling, there are some shady and interestin characters, whose allegiances we don't know yet...

Sounds nice, but unless they have a Warren Ellis or a Chris Claremont on the payroll, not enough to drag me back in. ^^ Well, okay, these would work for my Vertigo vs Image analogy, but for a funny sex-based story, someone like Bill Willingham (Ironwood) or InCase (Aflie) would be a better match.

Anyway, I'm not sure who's writing for CxH these days.

I know HH had a revolving door in the writing department with the first couple of years being much more chaotic but also more creative and more openly comical than anything that followed. There were problematic bits like the original Agate story arc (a straight woman? can't have that, let's brainwash her into a bisexual instead) during that era, but also really nice and better balanced ones, my favorite being hands down Magic Forest (yes, including and even in part thanks to the awesome pegging scene).

I heard Fab took the then new role of lead writer sometimes around world 7 or so, and despite my strong contempt on all the stupid restrictions (we can't have the sexy bad girls in our collection just because they're "villains"; his Mary Sue Fabienne can't have sex with the main character because "reasons"; and of course let's use males who like their prostate stimulated as a recurring punchline, because eww, that's gay amirite? )... I must admit he did bring some cohesion and a lot of good world-building to the table, along with some serious character development later on. My favorite arcs from his era would be Digisekai and Training Dimension, despite a number of flaws (even beyond Fab's biases, I mean: some plot lines were not properly resolved, and some characters just reverted back to one-dimensional after a going through a journey of self-discovery and emotional growth, among other things).

Since Peach took over as the lead writer, I feel the main story has been solid overall, and she got rid of most of the flaws and biases I couldn't stand during Fab's run. But the plot is not very exciting either, and characters seem to be frozen in time emotionally. It almost feels like to me like her hands are tied and she must maintain the status quo and prevent characters development. I'll have to see how she wraps up the current Harem Tournament chapter, as it started fun and promising (although the transition was very abrupt from WereSquid Island), but the past few scrolls have been giving me a vibe I strongly dislike. Specifically the retcon of past events and character growth without any convincing explanation, and the all too familiar Magneto Syndrome ("what, you really thought all those years of redeeming and exploring Magneto's complex psyche would keep us from turning him back into his classic 60s caricature of a dumb villain on a whim?"). I hope I'm wrong on that, but it doesn't look good right now. My poor Karole... 🙏

• Surprised :O 1

On 9/5/2023 at 4:21 PM, OmerB said:

The latest story is quite thrilling, there are some shady and interestin characters, whose allegiances we don't know yet...

Spoiler alert** both girls have most likely, already, joined your harem. 😜

• Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Sinnin said:

Spoiler alert** both girls have most likely, already, joined your harem. 😜

Not yet, I got only one of them (Virusia). I came to the last story quite late, so I didn't have the chance to fight the last villain (Alexa Sl'thor) a lot.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

@Karxan Dude, seriously, get a hold of yourself. You've been posting random thoughts passing through your head more and more lately (see HH's Mythic Pachinko thread for instance, I denied that post too). Now you've just tried to make a brand-new thread under General Discussions (not even QA) for this random (and frankly unclear) question? NO. Filter your stream of consciousness a bit before automatically posting whatever you're thinking about. This is a forum, not a chat.

13 minutes ago, Karxan said:

@Ravi-Sama, i'm filtering by Night-club & Rarity...  what am i missing to get the 3?

If Ravi is somehow more fluent in Karxanian than I am and he can make sense of that question, great. Just in case, would you mind clarifying what you're trying to do and what you mean exactly? Cheers.