41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Magical Noemy

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

1562.jpg

This is a Mythic Days event. Detailed event description is here.
Event runs for three days. 9000 shards are added to the pool every 2 hours.

Save The Princess, Eat The Shrooms
My mythic hero,

Are you ready to eat some shrooms and grow your weenie (don’t try this at home)?

Starting today and ending on the 6th of July (1 pm UTC+2), you’ll have a chance to save the princess of the Invaded Kingdom - Magical Noemy.

Swing your pole against Finalmecia for a chance to impress the mythic princess.

Let's-a go!

Boss Girl

Eyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.png

ava0-1200x.webp

Playful.png Magical Noemy

This event runs in parallel to other events.

HH_Calendar_July_Mythic.jpg <- clickable

@Noacc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Finally a mythic Noemy. Okay, if I could choose, I'd rather have a mythic Tiana (she really deserves some high quality art... and yes, I'm a Daisy maniac since the 90s :P).

But Noemy is a great addition to the list of Mythics, too. So - yay! I'm extremely happy with this choice.

• Like 1

I like the character quite a bit as well. I still think Ben K is showing more and more signs of being overworked and/or perhaps getting a bit bored at this point. Feels like he's going through the motions, and making mistakes he used to do 4-5 years ago (like a left foot on a right leg Edit: and a right foot on a left leg, we have both in this series, unfortunately). Burnout? So the core art is not that amazing, here.

On the plus side, the coloring job is a radical departure from the darker and more "solemn" feel used so far for MD. This is almost certainly another colorist: vibrant, explosive palette, bright and pretty nice shading and special effects. It's a nice change of pace.

Art aside, this is another Yellow Mythic girl, aka one that will not see play from me even after I get her up to speed, except exactly on Week of the Yellow and maybe once in a blue moon when she's otherwise strongly blessed. That's the main reason I'm seriously considering skipping her, using my stashed PvE fights on the CE girls instead, and saving up for the upcoming Anniversary OD and/or any other high cost, high value surprise(s) Kinkoid likely has in store for this month and the next...

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Feels like he's going through the motions, and making mistakes he used to do 4-5 years ago (like a left foot on a right leg Edit: and a right foot on a left leg, we have both in this series, unfortunately).

I often get the impression that it's good for me that I don't look at feet. Considering that this problem gets mentioned quite frequently. Not only do I have some kind of anti-foot-fetish (gimme girls in boots!... what? no, I don't really like boots, but they do a good job obscuring those ugly, ugly feet!), I'm generally quite undemanding when it comes to art.

One of the few things that do make me furious is when an artist gives a girl those duck face / blow-up doll lips. Like they did with Talila in her side quest. The result always borders on an uncanny valley effect. The girl usually doesn't look like herself anymore, it doesn't really fit manga art style... and I just find it icky, despite liking full lips in reallife. And Magical Noemy kinda falls into this category, too. Even if it's not that extreme. But she's still way too... lippy? Is that a word? ;)

But as I said - I'm somewhat undemanding, I like the character, the art is very colorful - hooray for that... so I can overlook this. But of course it would be better if I wouldn't have to.

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

...like a left foot on a right leg Edit: and a right foot on a left leg, we have both in this series, unfortunately...

I don't know if I ever would have noticed but now I can't unsee them...

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Moonlynx a dit :

One of the few things that do make me furious is when an artist gives a girl those duck face / blow-up doll lips. Like they did with Talila in her side quest. The result always borders on an uncanny valley effect. The girl usually doesn't look like herself anymore, it doesn't really fit manga art style... and I just find it icky, despite liking full lips in reallife. And Magical Noemy kinda falls into this category, too. Even if it's not that extreme. But she's still way too... lippy? Is that a word? ;)

Yeah, it's the thing that bothers me the most about pretty much all Mythic girls: the "Mythic Duck Face". It's freaking everywhere 😨

It's like Mythic girls just can't smile anymore.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Art aside, this is another Yellow Mythic girl, aka one that will not see play from me even after I get her up to speed, except exactly on Week of the Yellow and maybe once in a blue moon when she's otherwise strongly blessed.

I think you might be underselling how often she will be useable. I agree that where she doesn't catch a blessing you should always select a Mythic of a stronger colour for your core team, but there are lots and lots of circumstances where either blessings or counters make Magical Nomey a substantive asset. For a start, it's not just when the Playful element is blessed that Nomey becomes really valuable. Anytime Sensual (blue) comes up as a blessing there are going to be loads of opponents showing blue teams to counter. On Nutaku this week Physical is blessed. I'm using an unblessed Druidada Titania in my team for close to all my fights. The counter teams alone become hugely important. So this alone pretty much doubles the opportunities to use Nomey over what you describe. And that only considers when the countered elements come up as a blessing - there are still regular opportunities to use counter teams even when it's not a week of [ELEMENT] and having good Mythics for those teams makes a decent difference.

Moving on, even the worst Mythic (in terms of blessing frequency) is still landing in the top 7 over 20% of the time. That's one in every 5 weeks! The majority of those occassions won't be due to a Playful blessing. Nomey makes the 4th Column Mythic, so not great on that front (though it does mean players who have all 4 are going to be in a very strong position whenever that position comes up. She's the 2nd Blond Mythic. She's the 7th Blue eyed Mythic, meaning that when blue comes up we've now got effectively another week of the Mythic. She's the ONLY Cancer Mythic so far, giving a big advantage any time that zodiac comes up.

And this doesn't consider that gem balance - presuming that we're getting approximately the same number of gems of each colour, by favouring Mythics in some colours and ignoring other colours you end up with a glut of gems that aren't particularly useful. In economic terms that actually artifically makes these gems less valuable and puts more demand on the higher value gems.

Broadly speaking I do agree that she is less valuable than a Mythic of a more powerful colour. But I'm not sure I'd dismiss any girl that's going to be a top 7 girl ~once a month, and I certainly want a good cross section of Mythics to use in counter teams.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1824438433_princess_peach_rosalina_and_princess_daisy_mario_and_1_more_drawn_by_didi_esmeralda400height.png.5a1e897cad13703c0a93b165535082bf.png2022-07-04_18-59-33.gif.500bf1f21fcd3d3350ab88960fa742ca.gif
Art by Didi Esmeralda.

Element and Art:

I'm glad it's  Princess Peach 🍑, and not some random original character.

Magical Noemy is playful, like I hoped for, so I had no excuse not to get her...  I was dreading the possibility of getting a 2nd eccentric, right after Radka's revival.  Radka is still just level 450 and only 5 stars atm, but I'll get her to lvl 500 and 6 stars soon.  She's paired w/ Finalmecia, instead of Bremen, which is nice, b/c sensual gems are always in demand.  Now I have 2.1k gems.

She's totally worth it, her art shows so much booty, in at least 3 poses, living up to her Princess Peach 🍑 parody!  There's 3 girls in her 6th-star pose!  You get 3 princesses for the price of one (Princess Tiana & Sandra, aka Princess Daisy & Rosalina).  She's the first mythic w/ that many girls featured.  The artist outdid themselves.  Her dress is elaborate, and fancy, reminding me of Royal Housemaid's dress.  The art's colorful, just like a Nintendo character's art should be.  I think her 4th-star pose is my favorite, w/ her floating upside down, presenting her assets.  It's glorious 😍!  Her animation is fluid and charming, the heart 💖 wand is cute, and her boobs bounce hypnotically.

I definitely like her more than the other 2 playful mythic girls, so I'm glad I skipped them.  Sugarmama Lupa's Moma MILF w/o no parody, throwing money around.  Moe Bunnya child-like version of Bunny, that's supposed to be cute, but her eyes are super weird, making her creepy, and my least favorite.

Resources & Drop Rate:

I saved up 11.2k kobans, and 83 CP in advance.

I checked the game 4 hrs into the start of the event.  Using 400 CP (83 CP stored + 317 CP bought), I got 48 shards from w/ 24 drops, a 6% drop rate.  Spent 3424 kobans, and 2.2 SP.  Used the 50 CP button twice (96 kos) at the start unnecessarily, since shards lasted 15 min.  Did single fights w/ the other 300 CP.

Then, 4 hrs later, using 297 CP (289.48 CP bought + 7.52 CP regen), I did single fights for 12 min, gaining another 44 shards (92 total), from 22 drops, a 7.41% drop rate.  Spent 3126 kobans and exactly 2 SP.

I spent 6646 kobans, and 5 SP, 9346 kos total.  6550 kos for 606.48 CP, 96 kos for 2x 50 CP button, 2700 kos for 5 SP.  Got 92 shards, from 46 drops, w/ 697 CP (606.48 bought, 83 stored, 7.52 regen), a 6.6% drop rate.  Now, I have the 5th SP equipped, and I'll use ~128 CP natural regen, to get the last 4 drops.  I've got 4.7k kobans left, so I'm not completely broke.

Final Update:  It took 59 more free CP (49 regen, 6 daily goals, 4 PoV), to get the last 8 shards, w/ 4 drops.  Overall, it took 756 CP (606.48 bought, 83 stored, & 66.52 free CP), to get 50 drops, at a 6.61% drop rate.  Took me ~32.5 hours into the event, to get her.  8 hrs for the first 92 shards, and 24.5 hrs more for the last 8 shards.  Saved about 1615 kos, from storing CP, and using regen.  This is my luckiest drop rate, and 2nd cheapest mythic girl.

1673797964_mythicmagicalnoemydropratechartprincesspeach.thumb.png.24a5242548f9da23284aa923a4886096.png
Art by Aster Crowley.

836478866_princesspeachcosplay2.thumb.png.8d640012f3ba563b82c978529c47f12e.png
Cosplay (left to right) by OnBlueSnow, Jenna Lynn Meowri, Rinnie Riot, and Vera Bambi.

Future Mythic Outlook:

She's my 1st playful girl.  I'd like at least 1 mythic girl of each element.  I'm not aiming to get just 3 sensual and 3 dominatrix.  That's too many gems for just 2 elements, and limits the elemental blessing potential, and variety, to 25%. 

I have 5 mythic girls now, and I'm missing these 3 elements:

I don't think Estelle is reviving this year, so I might get Lenaëlle first.

528124416_mythicgirlschedule2.thumb.png.169bd8a0e21ad9746ac5d3f2b0efc3a9.png

On 7/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, JustVisitingReborn said:

Looking likely to be a rather unpopular Mythic... Duck face? Colour? Or just the day of the week?

Maybe the lack of demand, is b/c of a lack of kobans, she's the 3rd playful girl (lack of gems), or that they think playful is the least useful element.  Personally, I could see why there's less activity in the game atm, b/c I'm from the USA, and today is right before our July 4th 🎆 Independence Day, plus it's a Sunday & Summer 🌞, so more ppl are outside atm travelling ✈️, or barbequing 🍖, than indoors.  I gotta go prepare my grill...  Anyway, it's their loss 🔻 and my gain 🔺.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, DvDivXXX said:

a left foot on a right leg Edit: and a right foot on a left leg, we have both in this series

...another Yellow Mythic girl, aka one that will not see play from me ... except exactly on Week of the Yellow ... once in a blue moon when ... strongly blessed..

I don't care about her feet 🦶🏽.  You can't see her feet if she's set as a waifu.  I look at her tits 🍈, and ass 🍑.  Mostly ass.  I'm an ass man.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, Moonlynx said:

...it's good for me that I don't look at feet.

But as I said - I'm somewhat undemanding, I like the character, the art is very colorful - hooray for that... so I can overlook this. But of course it would be better if I wouldn't have to.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, Liliat said:

the "Mythic Duck Face". It's freaking everywhere 😨

It's like Mythic girls just can't smile anymore.

It's not this bad💋.  It could've been worse 👄.976180752_1513135547.hyperflannel_princess_lips400height.png.7dea135ef1f1715a893f0aa0f432cbd7.png
Art by HyperFlannel.

I don't mind her duck lips/face💋.  It's a mythic girl trademark at this point.  It'd be unusual if she didn't make a duck face.  She does wink and smile normally 😉 in her 3rd-star pose, but that's my least favorite.  When I look at her face, I recognize Princess Peach 🍑, which is the main requirement.  Besides, she has famous lips 👄.

tumblr_niqtj1g91S1tmu7mbo2_500.gifv2022-07-03_17-10-34.png.0d3fb2d6b41df87b1821de11e4a1e948.png

TLDR: here's a haiku, for my new waifu.

I got her.  T'was sweet.
Like her lips, tits, ass, and feet.
Bite her juicy Peach.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised :O 1

2 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

Broadly speaking I do agree that she is less valuable than a Mythic of a more powerful colour.

Yup. You might have missed "from me" after "will see no play" in my post you responded to. ^^ I'm not picking her up, and I'm still fine not having any Yellow Mythic. Doesn't mean it'll be the universal truth for everyone else. I do have 11 Mythics already, and Yellow is the only color missing in that group. Also, no, I don't use gems the way you seem to either be doing or assuming I do. I'm using my Yellow gems like crazy on my 5-stars, not piling them up. I still need tons of all of the gems, Yellow and Purple included.

Anyways, 2 cents vs 2 cents, tit for tat, here's my own hot take:

I think you greatly overestimate the value of counter bonuses in general, and especially when the color that gives the bonus is weaker than the one it "counters" (and Blue vs Yellow is THE absolute extreme of that). There is no shittier color than Yellow and Blue is basically in a tie with Dark for the strongest color. Weakening your team with 3 Yellow girls even when you're facing a Blue team is basically not worth the sheer loss of stats and of three useful active bonuses.

On top of that, Yellow and Blue are in the main loop, the one that gives +10% Damage and +10% HP as the counter bonus (and, for the latter part, downside in some cases). Contrary to the second worst color, Purple, which at least counters the other strongest color, Dark, in the small loop of three. The one that gives +20% Crit Chance, a huge effect with no downside, as the counter bonus. This significantly redeems Purple girls and makes them useful more often than they would on their own merits. Conversely, it further solidifies how bad Yellow girls are most of the time, definitely including when Blue teams are blessed. But it's good that some people want counters and think all counters are worth running, especially in situations like that. A week of the Blue is already amazing, having a non-negligible number of opponents weakening themselves by tagging themselves Yellow and scoring less, not more, as a result is just an extra perk. The cherry on top is that strong players can then take further advantage of this by adding 3 Orange girls to their own attack team and picking off the Yellow "counters"  that get caught in snapshots even harder.

This doesn't even compare to your case of an Orange blessing making it worth running three Green girls for some fights. Or the situation we've had on .com this week with the top teams being tagged Green, making it worth running three Red girls in some fights, but also making a bunch of opponents tagged as Red up for grabs with a Blue team. I've also seen quite a few opponents caught in snapshots with said Blue teams, both in the previous league and the current one, and guess what? Even then, it's much better to attack them with my top Green team than to weaken myself with three Yellow girls. So when the Blue teams are actually blessed? ^^ Hell no!

But you do you, I do me, and to each their own, obviously. ❤️ 

--------------

2 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I don't care about her feet 🦶🏽🦶🏽.  You can't even see her feet 🦶🏽🦶🏽, if she's set as a waifu.  I look at her tits 🍈🍈, and ass 🍑.  Mostly ass 🍑.  I'm an ass 🍑 man.

Somehow that's a bit more TMI than you seem to have perceived my own comment. ^^ I mean, yeah I'm not going out of my way to hide my foot fetish around here, but technically gross anatomy issues like a left foot on a right leg would bother me regardless. I don't have a hand fetish, but a right hand on a left arm can ruin a drawing in the same way as far as I'm concerned. I look at the art, you know! I'm an art guy. ^^
Which reminds me: honestly you're now so far gone into adding color and shiny distractions all over your every post these days that it's becoming counterproductive and makes your posts harder to read, imho. You might want to consider toning it down just a tidbit. This reminds me of myself a... really long time ago when I participated in my very first online forum. Early on, I didn't get why most other posters didn't make the effort to use italic and bold and underlined and tons and tons of smileys in every post. I was so proud of my beautiful posts... Someone eventually let me in on the secret: people actually chose not to overuse all the shiny features, so their posts stayed easy to read, and that when they did use an effect to emphasize something, it actually stuck out, rather than being lost in the constant clutter of emphasizing every other word). Anyway, just my own two cents again.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Somehow that's a bit more TMI than you seem to have perceived my own comment. ^^ I mean, yeah I'm not going out of my way to hide my foot fetish around here, but technically gross anatomy issues like a left foot on a right leg would bother me regardless. I don't have a hand fetish, but a right hand on a left arm can ruin a drawing in the same way as far as I'm concerned. I look at the art, you know! I'm an art guy. ^^
Which reminds me: honestly you're now so far gone into adding color and shiny distractions all over your every post these days that it's becoming counterproductive and makes your posts harder to read, imho. You might want to consider toning it down just a tidbit. This reminds me of myself a... really long time ago when I participated in my very first online forum. Early on, I didn't get why most other posters didn't make the effort to use italic and bold and underlined and tons and tons of smileys in every post. I was so proud of my beautiful posts... Someone eventually let me in on the secret: people actually chose not to overuse all the shiny features, so their posts stayed easy to read, and that when they did use an effect to emphasize something, it actually stuck out, rather than being lost in the constant clutter of emphasizing every other word). Anyway, just my own two cents again.

I love that you have a foot fetish. 🦶🏽  I remember that "guess the feet" collage I made.  I honestly don't notice the mismatched feet, maybe that's just the way the artist draws ankles.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:46 AM, Ravi-Sama said:

Guess the Feet!
This bugged waifu display made me realize how much this game accommodates foot fetishes.  Not that I have one ... maybe I do, idk.

Guess the Feet.png

Highlight below for the answers:

1 Kaito

2 Katana

3 Cynthia

4 Ophelia

5 Layla

6 Piper

7 Dalila

8 Sarah

9 Mizuki

10 Arabelle

11 Any

I'll tone down the color, I mostly use it for elements, and it's relevant very often.  I don't use emojis much, but decided to today, since I've been looking forward to this for a month.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I honestly don't notice the mismatched feet, maybe that's just the way the artist draws ankles.

It isn't. Look at the 3-star Pose: her left leg has a right foot at the end; you can tell because the big toe is on the exterior side rather than the interior one, as it always should be (when the legs are aligned with the body). Then look at the 5-star Pose: for starters, Tiana has the problem I've just described, but the entire foot is so rushed and poorly formed that it might as well be a claw. Noemy herself now has the reverse issue: her right leg ends with a left foot. You can tell at a glance when looking at both feet next to each other with her legs parallel to one another, as they are: they both have the same shape and toe distribution. That's never the case in a human being: each foot should be a "mirror" of the opposite one.

The left foot has the big toe on the far-right, and the right foot has it on the far-left instead, because they're symmetrical relative to the body center. It's roughly the same thing with hands, although arms can move in more directions than legs can. If you're sitting in a chair and you put your two hands flat on the table in front of you, the two thumbs are next to each other on the inside, and the two pinkies are far away from one another, with the left hand's being all the way on the left and the right hand's all the way to the right. You could position a mirror perpendicular to the table between your hands and the reflection of each hand would look exactly as the opposite hand (something that's actually used to help people with phantom limbs issues). Same thing for feet when someone is standing up in a typical position: the two big toes are next to each other in the middle and the two small toes are each far away on the exterior side.

He does do playdo-like ankles at times, but these are much bigger mistakes imho.

PS: Thank you! ❤️ And yeah, I remember that blind test very fondly. ^^ That was fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

It isn't. Look at the 3-star Pose: her left leg has a right foot at the end; you can tell because the big toe is on the exterior side rather than the interior one, as it always should be (when the legs are aligned with the body). Then look at the 5-star Pose: for starters, Tiana has the problem I've just described, but the entire foot is so rushed and poorly formed that it might as well be a claw. Noemy herself now has the reverse issue: her right leg ends with a left foot. You can tell at a glance when looking at both feet next to each other with her legs parallel to one another, as they are: they both have the same shape and toe distribution. That's never the case in a human being: each foot should be a "mirror" of the opposite one.

The left foot has the big toe on the far-right, and the right foot has it on the far-left instead, because they're symmetrical relative to the body center. It's roughly the same thing with hands, although arms can move in more directions than legs can. If you're sitting in a chair and you put your two hands flat on the table in front of you, the two thumbs are next to each other on the inside, and the two pinkies are far away from one another, with the left hand's being all the way on the left and the right hand's all the way to the right. You could position a mirror perpendicular to the table between your hands and the reflection of each hand would look exactly as the opposite hand (something that's actually used to help people with phantom limbs issues). Same thing for feet when someone is standing up in a typical position: the two big toes are next to each other in the middle and the two small toes are each far away on the exterior side.

He does do playdo-like ankles at times, but these are much bigger mistakes imho.

PS: Thank you! ❤️ And yeah, I remember that blind test very fondly. ^^ That was fun.

Noooooooo!!!! Now it's burned into my mind... why would you do this???!!!

Ignorance is bliss!!

Now I have to display it, so everyone else understands too.

259152976_footanatomy.thumb.png.b35eee78319e54041958c50e04287d2d.png

Misery loves company.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Haha 4

Guess the duck face!
Mythic Edition!

339359786_guesstheduckface.thumb.png.77250865ebac0b52dc1a928a6d920376.png

Highlight below for the answers:

• 1 Succubus Abraël 5
  • 2 Radka 3
  • 3 Magical Noemy 5
  • 4 Moe Bunny 1
  • 5 Magical Noemy 5 Tiana
  • 6 Royal Housemaid 1
  • 7 Alt. Finalmecia 5
  • 8 High Mage Arcana 4
  • 9 Bright Agate 1
  • 10 Matcha 5
  • 11 Bunna 5
  • 12 Lovebot Norou 1
  • 13 Level Up Red 6
  • 14 Sugarmama Lupa's Mom 4
  • 15 Golden Lupa 5
  • 16 Angelic Lenaëlle 4
  • 17 Druiada Titania 6
  • 18 Undercover Valentina 4
  • 19 Alexa 1
  • 20 New Year Estelle 2
  • 21 Nike 3
  • 22 Druiada Titania 0 V1
Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hearts 1

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I think you greatly overestimate the value of counter bonuses in general, and especially when the color that gives the bonus is weaker than the one it "counters" (and Blue vs Yellow is THE absolute extreme of that). There is no shittier color than Yellow and Blue is basically in a tie with Dark for the strongest color. Weakening your team with 3 Yellow girls even when you're facing a Blue team is basically not worth the sheer loss of stats and of three useful active bonuses.

It depends on every fight. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, there's no way to know until you check.
But I'm sure that not having any mythics makes it less likely to be worth.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm using my Yellow gems like crazy on my 5-stars, not piling them up. I still need tons of all of the gems, Yellow and Purple included.

I'll go into this in greater detail in this in a few weeks when I cross 700, but I wasn't really assuming anything about how you're using gems (though admittedly I have previously). I was talking from personal experience. Right now, I have over 15k Submissive gems simply because I've no-one useful to spend them on. It's also one of only two dominances where I have only a single Mythic. Between having fewer Mythics and the lack of Sub L5s, white gems have become far lower value to me than any other colour. Though Eccentric (red) and Voyeur (purple) aren't far behind.

I'd simply go by the sim figures. Having a Playful Mythic made a significant difference to me in terms of counter teams. Sugarmama Lupa's Mom demonstrated that. Previous to picking her up, in a lot of situations what you describe would be correct. I was changing teams and finding I was better off sticking with my core team. That's been true of other dominances too. Eccentric was similar to a lesser extent any time I had to deviate too far from the core team to create a counter team. As soon as I got SLM (and Radka), it's become far more frequently beneficial to switch to a counter team. 

Admittedly the 2nd Mythic of a colour will have deminishing returns - when looking for a counter team, a Mythic is only useful when there's a blank space where you have to start looking down the list of unblessed or weakly blessed girls to fill in. The chances of needing at least one girl in this category is reasonaly high. Two is lower. Three is lower still.

On top of that, Yellow and Blue are in the main loop, the one that gives +10% Damage and +10% HP as the counter bonus (and, for the latter part, downside in some cases). Contrary to the second worst color, Purple, which at least counters the other strongest color, Dark, in the small loop of three. The one that gives +20% Crit Chance, a huge effect with no downside, as the counter bonus. This significantly redeems Purple girls and makes them useful more often than they would on their own merits. Conversely, it further solidifies how bad Yellow girls are most of the time, definitely including when Blue teams are blessed. But it's good that some people want counters and think all counters are worth running, especially in situations like that. A week of the Blue is already amazing, having a non-negligible number of opponents weakening themselves by tagging themselves Yellow and scoring less, not more, as a result is just an extra perk. The cherry on top is that strong players can then take further advantage of this by adding 3 Orange girls to their own attack team and picking off the Yellow "counters"  that get caught in snapshots even harder.

You seem to be weighting intuitive assessment of the strength of different colours more heavily than the simulator's E[X]? Unless the simulator is not taking certain factors into account (like your passive bonuses, the counter bonuses etc etc), having a strong understanding of how the different bonuses help you is certainly a positive, but wouldn't give stronger information than the sim. My understanding is that the simulator takes all of this into consideration. I certainly wouldn't use a heuristic understanding over the straight improvement in expected return that the sim shows.

As to counters weakening opponents - there's certainly some truth in that if you're talking about weaker players who leave the counter team up, but I think most decent players switch a counter team in for a relevant fight and immediately switch back to their core team afterwards. You have to get pretty unlucky to get caught out on that by the snapshot (or random updates) especially if you avoid doing so around the time that the snapshot is due.....

If there is something that the simulator is not taking into consideration I'd certain want to expand my understanding on that front, but short of that to maximise the points scored on average going with the highest E[X] is the way to go :) 100%, yellow creates less of those improvements, but it still provides improvements in a significant number of situations and I want those gains 😈

And on top of the above you've still got the reality that even the yellow Mythics are hitting blessings putting them in the top 7 on average once a month!

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Regarding counters: I usually play Blessed Color + Blessed Counter (Assuming I have powerful enough Blessed Counters).

So if the blessing is Sensual/Blue, I'll go for Blue + Yellow. I sacrifice a bit of Total Power, but that doesn't really leave me open for counters. First, my core team still includes my 4 strongest Blessed girls. Second, if someone wants to go for Orange counter, they'd have to either go:

- Blue + Orange: Orange counters my yellow, but my yellow counters their blue. No real benefit.

- Full Orange: Now you have to sacrifice 2 more blue girls to avoid the blue element. That's a huge loss in Total power (You can only include your 2 Strongest blue girls, whereas I can still include 4 of them).

So unless your element counter is much weaker than the blessed element (Say, only older L5 girls vs blessed Mythic girls), I also think it's often the best choice. And as such, having the corresponding Mythic girls can really help (If only to keep your options open).

But of course, leveling these Mythic girls up takes time and resources. At the moment, none of my yellow mythic girls are above lvl 350... So I won't include them any time soon :D (I used plural, but for now, I only have Moe Bunny anyway :) Noemy should join her soon).

I think White (Bunna, Finalmecia) is the only element I never use, unless it's blessed and gives the strongest base power. Because in terms of counters, it only counters purple, and who plays purple anyway? :) And other players will be more than happy to line up their strongest grey girls against weaker white girls. (Well... This week, I might go for White/Purple. Or not. We'll see.)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

She's the ONLY Cancer Mythic so far, giving a big advantage any time that zodiac comes up.

3 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

And on top of the above you've still got the reality that even the yellow Mythics are hitting blessings putting them in the top 7 on average once a month!

I swear I have no way of influencing the blessings that come up!

image.thumb.png.6be1be275c9d14d1cd28f9be3c50045f.png

image.thumb.png.af9d79ed8c63d49811505cbcfe533277.png

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Haha 5

Fair enough. I don't go strictly by what the sim shows, that's true. Part of this is that I learned to play without any script, then I started using the script a year or so ago (I think? time flies...) but until a few months ago, the simulator(s) we had weren't that precise, especially when we switched to the more complex system with 7-girl teams, Elements, Blessings and all that. I can't pinpoint any specific thing that would be missing, incorrect or just an approximation in the current sim Numbers adopted for his version of the script a few months. The only thing I know it assumes is full passive bonuses, but that's hardly an issue when competing at the top of D3. But I can say from experience, and perhaps it's confirmation bias to an extent, that sometimes the sim tells me something and I know it's either a bit too pessimistic or too optimistic (at least the base x10 sims version, I haven't tried the longer one). Even assuming it's 100%, the sim can't plan my strategies for me, it can only confirm or discourage what I present it with. So I still go by ear for most of the process; the sim is only a quick and easy way to get a rough idea beforehand, and to check if my gut feeling was right or not at the end. I mean, it can tell me my fully maxed out Mythic is or isn't worth running, but only once I've already maxed her out, you know? ^^

This thread is becoming such a fun and weird stream of consciousness type of thing. I'm enjoying it, but we probably should go back to the specific event and Mythic at hand by now. ^^

Edit: Haha you were one step ahead of me already, JVR, gg! ^^ Well, let's just say I'm just glad this is happening on Nutaku this time.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Thanks 1

I was planning to pick her up however after 430 saved / re-gen  fights I'm at 45 shards from 23 drops (5.35%). I'll see how I'm doing nearer the end of the event to see if I'm close enough to spend the kobans. She won't even be a bench warmer for months (years ?) as I need to un-lock 750 first (still 10 mill GxP and a ton of gems short) then levelling my main Mythcis to 750 will be another 2.6+ mill GxP plus gems.

So why get her ? The completionist in me. If I don't get her this time I'll just rack up as many shards as I can now ready for her revival.

• Like 1

Drop rate is not looking good currently : 5 drops out of 120 fights (4.17 %) ...

I'll keep it up with free CP for now but I might decide to skip her after I finish my first SP, depending on how it goes.

That would be my second Playful Mythic while I don't have any Mythic for Physical, Eccentric and Submissive. Plus, I don't have the gems needed to up her (just enough to get Lupa's Mom to 700).