[ June 7th, 2023 ] Seasonal Event - Clockwork Lassies

Ravi-Sama

Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)

• ​ Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals)
    • Quartermaster Abraël ⚪ (9,000 Xtals)
    • Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals)​​​​​​​
    • ​ Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals)
    • All.
    • None.
  2. 2. Which girls do you expect to recruit? (multiple choice)

• ​ Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals)
    • Quartermaster Abraël ⚪ (9,000 Xtals)
    • Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals)​​​​​​​
    • ​ Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals)
    • All.
    • None.
  3. 3. Which event cards to you expect to get, besides the free one? (multiple choice)

• Medium (1,980 kos)
    • Big (3,960 kos)
    • Both (med + big) 5,940 kos
    • Premium ($49.99)
    • None.
  4. 4. When do you think is the best time to buy the event cards? (31 day duration - June 7th to July 7th)

• ASAP
    • June 10th for the LD/DP.
    • June 14th for the OD/SM.
    • June 15th for the KC.
    • June 23rd for Bright Agate's MDR.
    • June 25th for the PoA.
    • July 3rd to 5th for the next MD.
    • Never

13 ore fa, Incubys ha scritto:

Seasonal would imply 4 times a year - Winter (X-Mas) / Spring (Valentines) / Summer (Anniversary) / Autumn (Halloween). This is the 5th in a year, so what's this mysterious new season I'm not aware of ? Yes one was a shorter event but was still labelled as Seasonal.

After/during the first anniversary one they told us to expect around 5 runs of this event format throughout the year, and that they would've been hold during "real world" special occasions/events.

I clearly remember that here on the forum we hypothesized that those special occasions could have been those @DvDivXXX listed (Anniversary - Halloween - Xmas/New Year - Valentine's Day- Easter). So, yes this one came a little earlier than we could have expected. I was not psychologically ready, but to be fair, I'm never psychologically fully ready to face these seasonal bullshits

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 6
  • Hug 2

It's exactly that, yes. The current one starts the second "year" of this Seasonal BS, taking the spot of last year's first one ("Golden Anniversary") even though they switched things up (aka messed up with tenacious players who plan ahead even for bad, predatory events like these) by releasing it in early June instead of in late July.  

11 hours ago, Incubys said:

Seasonal would imply 4 times a year - Winter (X-Mas) / Spring (Valentines) / Summer (Anniversary) / Autumn (Halloween). This is the 5th in a year, so what's this mysterious new season I'm not aware of ? Yes one was a shorter event but was still labelled as Seasonal.

You're not exactly missing one so much as combining two separate ones. Valentine's in mid-February and Spring/Easter in April. These were two different BSEs. And the cycle starts in the middle of the year (with the June/July Summer/Anniversary one) for them. The Winter comes in November or December, so end of the calendar year, not the beginning.

I can't remember which one was shorter and with 3-star girls for peasants and 5-star girls only in the two paywalled spots (because with the shorter format the 3rd girl became just about as unrealistic to reach without spending a lot of money as the 4th girl always has been). I'd need to search for each past BSE thread, but I think we got 5 total (not counting the current one which is the 6th total and 1st of "Year Two" of this predatory format).

Edit: Of course, I HAD to make the search after thinking about it. ^^

Predatory Bullshit Events so far:

1. 2022/07/22 Golden Anniversary
  2. 2022/10/19 Kinky in Costumes (That's the shorter one with two 3-stars for peasants and two 5-stars for whales)
  3. 2022/12/22 Winter is Cumming
  4. 2023/04/05 Fae Fantasies
    (Okay, so we only got 4 in "Year One" it seems... UNLESS pushing the current one to early June is to make room for another one in late July or August and "Year Two" only stars there, of course. Which I definitely wouldn't put past Rosso and the greedy bunch; well two people is hardly a bunch, but you get the idea ^^)
  5. 2023/06/07 Clockwork Lassies (the current one)
Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Hug 1

12 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I can't remember which one was shorter and with 3-star girls for peasants and 5-star girls only in the two paywalled spots (because with the shorter format the 3rd girl became just about as unrealistic to reach without spending a lot of money as the 4th girl always has been). I'd need to search for each past BSE thread, but I think we got 5 total (not counting the current one which is the 6th total and 1st of "Year Two" of this predatory format).

Can view them all on this wiki page for it.  I'll add it to the main thread post.

The Halloween one was for peasants like me.  I didn't want Black Nun Clara anyway, the 3rd girl, so I just got the 2 L3s.

image.png

• Like 1
  • GG 2

Thanks, @Ravi-Sama. Well, I'm not mad I did the forum search first (I did check the main Events page on the wiki but didn't think to click on one to reach the SE page there). Kind of complementary.

I did get Clara back then, so it wasn't completely out of reach without whaling it out, but the fact that she was really really bad art wise only added insult to injury (I'm not even sure it was a Toon Dude piece, but it's either one or arguably the weakest offering of Toon Dude's HH career or done by a weaker artist than him for whom I don't have a nickname). Especially when the paywalled L5 was an awesome Venus piece, the Lyrsa variant also by Venus was fantastic and deserved more than 3 stars worth of content, and even the entry 3-star Mizuki variant by Toon Dude was much better than L5 Clara. It was probably the most frustrating one aside from the very first and current ones, because both of them are 100% Venus and it sucks (although Ben did a really great job with the Ladybugged series and the Finalmecia variant was a really big bait to put behind the paywall). The Winter one which was also all Ben was excellent overall, but not as frustrating to partially miss out on as the others (for me).

• Hug 2

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks, @Ravi-Sama. Well, I'm not mad I did the forum search first (I did check the main Events page on the wiki but didn't think to click on one to reach the SE page there). Kind of complementary.

I did get Clara back then, so it wasn't completely out of reach without whaling it out, but the fact that she was really really bad art wise only added insult to injury (I'm not even sure it was a Toon Dude piece, but it's either one or arguably the weakest offering of Toon Dude's HH career or done by a weaker artist than him for whom I don't have a nickname). Especially when the paywalled L5 was an awesome Venus piece, the Lyrsa variant also by Venus was fantastic and deserved more than 3 stars worth of content, and even the entry 3-star Mizuki variant by Toon Dude was much better than L5 Clara. It was probably the most frustrating one aside from the very first and current ones, because both of them are 100% Venus and it sucks (although Ben did a really great job with the Ladybugged series and the Finalmecia variant was a really big bait to put behind the paywall).

I think Lyrsa was made by the Toon Dude? At least looking at her scenes it looks nothing like Venus' style to me

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Oof, true, we didn't have one of these for Valentine's day... so this could actually be the fifth one of the first rotation, and considering that anniversary will have its own almost for sure, this one at this time should have been almost certain... I think I'm not feeling very well right now 😱

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Hug 1

So this is taking Anniversary slot? otherwise there going to be like 2 in a row if they hold the schedule of last year. I was tracking the tokens they have been using and where at 5 now so was concerned. 

Golden Anniversary image.png.cfc1d3978777cd9e5bb358aa42baa190.png

Kinky in Costumesimage.png.f70b0c6b69854118c9f3b3b5fc7e3106.png

Winter Is Cummingimage.png.dcee3cb5190fcd038eeffacc8a318fb2.png

Fae Fantasiesimage.png.87de48176abd8b6c8d3a61bc6e6daf82.png

Clockwork Lassiesimage.png.42ff45ccdc38d3f44cc7b7d29287510f.png

so not sure if there going to use new ones each time or the first one was just a place holder

• Thanks 1
  • GG 1

2 hours ago, garadron said:

I think Lyrsa was made by the Toon Dude? At least looking at her scenes it looks nothing like Venus' style to me

You're absolutely right, I just remembered I loved that one and hadn't looked at it in a long time so I assumed Venus by default. ^^ It's 100% Toon Dude, but a really great series by him. I've also revisited Black Nun Clara and that was him too, but one of his worst and most clearly rushed works ever.

So basically, that one was all Toon Dude except for exactly the paywalled L5, the Estelle variant, which I obviously don't have, but after checking her pose pics on the wiki again, was 100% a Venus series. Damn. This feels like this was a test to see how far they could push the bait and switch with this format. ^^

Thanks for making me have a closer look again.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Il y a 3 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

It's exactly that, yes. The current one starts the second "year" of this Seasonal BS, taking the spot of last year's first one ("Golden Anniversary") even though they switched things up (aka messed up with tenacious players who plan ahead even for bad, predatory events like these) by releasing it in early June instead of in late July.

You really think this seasonal event replaces the anniversary seasonal event ?

I'm pretty sure we will have another one in August for anniversary, starting 1 month after the end of this one.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

On 6/8/2023 at 11:51 AM, Tom208 said:

You really think this seasonal event replaces the anniversary seasonal event ?

I'm pretty sure we will have another one in August for anniversary, starting 1 month after the end of this one.

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮PREDICKEDTION🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮TRAIN🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

Republican Season

Inflation Season

Tax Season

No Reason Season

Vintage PRON™ Season

Old Bastard's Retirement Season

War Season

Invade Thy Neighbor Season

Putin & Trump go to China Season

Apocalypse Season

Post-Apocalypse Season

Nuke-Ew-Loud Season/Nuke-You-Lar Season

Aliens Season

2525 Season

24 Season

Repo Season

🛑🤯🤯🤯

***goes & bangs head on wall...

Edited by Karxan
  • Haha 2

Seasonal events are sadly already messed up and disheartening as they are, even without any implication with real world politics. No need to add any of that to worsen the situation. They're already top tier bullshit.

Edited by Antimon
  • Hug 4

I agree, but Karxan's post is pure comedy to me rather than actual real-world politics. At most, I could see a commentary on the clickbait bullshit that has long replaced proper journalism articles in Google's top results and top recommendations on social media. Which is sad when we think about it, but A-okay to make fun of in my book.

EDIT: If you want a less overtly political example, as someone very interested in astronomy and astrophysics, every time there's a mundane event with no impact (in either sense of the word) but that can be twisted into a life-threatening Sci-Fi catastrophe we get headlines like "the asteroid that could end life on Earth!" or "the Earth's core has stopped turning!" or "the comet that will brush past the Earth!". Because, you know, in astrological terms, a well-known and monitored rock passing us by a few hundred million kilometers is pretty "close". But in layman terms, it's so far away you don't even need to know about it, let alone worry about it. But fear sells.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 3

Regarding my prior post, yesterday i was having to deal with RL familial BS, so the 'seasonal' BS on top of that triggered me harder than i realized/expected, & i had to vent.  Doing it with a bit of sarcastic dark humor, not targeting anyone, seemed the best option.  All other options i can think of are bad ideas.

If i triggered or offended/hurt anyone, i am sorry.

Edited by Karxan
  • Hug 3

17 hours ago, Antimon said:

Seasonal events are sadly already messed up and disheartening as they are, even without any implication with real world politics. No need to add any of that to worsen the situation. They're already top tier bullshit.

37 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I agree, but Karxan's post is pure comedy to me rather than actual real-world politics.

26 minutes ago, Karxan said:

...i had to vent.  Doing it with a bit of sarcastic dark humor, not targeting anyone, seemed the best option.  All other options i can think of are bad ideas.

Normally, we try to avoid being political here, but I did see the humor in it, and I myself enjoy brainstorming once in a while, so I appreciated that part of it.  That's why I approved it.  Also, I didn't feel like it was too offensive.

Regarding why there's a random SE event that's named clockwork, w/ steampunk/sailing outfits,... maybe we'll discern more from their scenes.  I think they're all parodies of One Piece characters, so it's probably related to that.  It's a One Piece SE.  I've watched some of One Piece in the past, but got sick of it, b/c I dislike the art style.  It's really goofy.  I feel like I'll be forced to rewatch it someday, b/c I had friends that were into it, and its popularity isn't diminishing.  I hear the story and fights make it worth it.

IRL, there was "Fleet Week" and "Memorial Day" weekend recently, here in the US.  That's the only excuse I can think of for a sailing themed season. 

Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals) - Lady Alvida from One Piece
Quartermaster Abraël  (9,000 Xtals) - Jewelry Bonney from One Piece
Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals) - Nefertari Vivi from One Piece
Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals) - Baby 5 from One Piece

Back on topic, I have 578 Xtals.  Slow and steady earns the first 2 L5s.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I've watched some of One Piece in the past, but got sick of it, b/c I dislike the art style.  It's really goofy.  I feel like I'll be forced to rewatch it someday, b/c I had friends that were into it, and it's popularity isn't diminishing.  I hear the story and fights make it worth it.

I remember reading the first chapter of One Piece manga back in high school when the "big three" was a thing with OP, Naruto and Bleach. I never saw the appeal in it and over time the idea of trying again became more daunting with how massive it became.

Bleach has been dead for years now with that 1 chapter of possible Hell arc giving hope that we'll see more of it. Naruto should've been dead but they decided to try and milk the nostalgia with whatever the hell Boruto is supposed to be. Hard to believe that One Piece was going strong throughout all these years.

Suddenly I feel old lol

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

7 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

IRL, there was "Fleet Week" and "Memorial Day" weekend recently, here in the US.  That's the only excuse I can think of for a sailing themed season. 

Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals) - Lady Alvida from One Piece
Quartermaster Abraël  (9,000 Xtals) - Jewelry Bonney from One Piece
Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals) - Nefertari Vivi from One Piece
Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals) - Baby 5 from One Piece

Back on topic, I have 578 Xtals.  Slow and steady earns the first 2 L5s.

I rather Like these girls!  Probably factors into the equation for One Piece's enduring popularity...

i'm at 555 Xtals, so just double-down on PvE, PvP & all tasks & i should be fine for getting the 1st 2 girls?

• Like 1

Pretty interesting trivia, thanks. Since all 4 of these girls have been in HH for quite awhile and already have multiple variants, and I never watched or read One Piece (not a fan of the art style, not into pirates, and didn't really share their sense of humor either), I wouldn't have made the connection. Especially not for Selena, as an angel who came long after Eugénie or Abraël (who were both clearly linked to the Pirate World in the early Adventure mode initially). 

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

1 ora fa, Karxan ha scritto:

If i triggered or offended/hurt anyone, i am sorry.

Oh, don't worry. It wasn't my intention to criticize your post and/or invoke the mighty moderators. I simply meant quite literally what I wrote: seasonal events are already top tier bullshits even without the need to intertwine them with real world's top tier bullshit 😂😅😓😭

1 ora fa, Ravi-Sama ha scritto:

If I have to make a guess, I honestly believe the reasoning behind this theme was something more like "Almost Summer -> Sea/Ocean -> Pirates -> Alts of girls that are parodies from one piece". I honestly fail to sea (eheh) any more deeper correlation with ral life events, but you're right, maybe affection scenes will show a stronger/more evident connection with IRL events like those you mentioned, that from the name of this SB and the girls' poses alone we're failing to grasp.

• Like 2

The only one that really felt like it had a theme was the first one, the golden event.
It had a clear theme and it all made sense, if it had slightly less bad practices and had a more generous payout,
it could have been a rather good event

• Like 1

The first event, you had 4 easily recognisable girls; and they used a well established element (the chaos toys)
to explain why they were turned into these variants.
Having 4 girls that are well known, with good art on top of that, made for a good foundation for an event.
Unfortunaly, they blew their load with the first event, the other events have been a combination of "who is this girl"
and "why are said girls in this event"

Most other girls just seems to be parodies of other girls, and don't have much connection to the story or the world itself.

• Thinking 2

i love pirate stuff, as long as its not one piece.(i know what i said. and these girls don't make me think of it. so for me its not one piece related.) I do like these girls. I confess i might happy just with the first one.
Though... the last one.... is trembling my nutting clockworks .
This is my second event, and now i know what to do, because i was completely not aware of those medium hyper mega card things. I had wasted all my gold for dracony boobie Stacy (i will have my hands on you ...... on day. I will! MEW). So now, for now, i got the medium card thing to help gather easier the Pineapples (i feel hungry now...) I will save gold (i keep saying gold, but you guys know what i mean xD ), so i can get the next card. Hopefully, i might be able to get 2 girls at least for sure.

just occurred to me. Why Pineapple and not coconut? Pirates, deserted islands, always a coconut to fall on your head? I dont get it. Also... why name pineapple?PINE, i get it, but apple no... its not even an apple with spikes, and does not taste like apple. One of the many mysteries of the world. being me one of them. 
Sorry, i digress.  XDXD
Good luck everyone.  

Edited by Shirow
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Shirow said:

just occurred to me. Why Pineapple and not coconut? Pirates, deserted islands, always a coconut to fall on your head? I dont get it. Also... why name pineapple?PINE, i get it, but apple no... its not even an apple with spikes, and does not taste like apple. One of the many mysteries of the world. being me one of them. 

• Haha 5
  • Juicy peach 1