[ July 25th, 2023 ] PoA #40 - Royally Erotic

Ravi-Sama

Royally Erotic  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)

• Cordelia (free) Tier 10
    • Malai (premium) Tier 10
    • Sophronia (free) Tier 20
    • Phoebe (premium) Tier 20
    • None
  2. 2. Gonna spend 7.2k kos?

3. 3. What's your goal(s)? (multiple choice)

• The 2 free girls.
    • All girls.
    • Tier 21 for the 1 M Gear.
    • Tier 24 for 20 CP.
    • Tier 26. 6 EPx1s and/or the draft orb.
    • I have no goals. I'm a lone wanderer,... lurking in the forums.
  4. 4. Are you familiar w/ "Final Fantasy XV?" (multiple choice)

• Yes, I played it all. 👑
    • I played some of it. ⚔️
    • Didn't play it. 🗡️
    • No, what's that, a "choose your own adventure" novel? 📖

image.png

Left to right: Sophronia (free), Phoebe (premium), Malai (premium), & Cordelia (free).

Wiki Page

Cordelia 🔵 (free) - a parody of Lunafreya "Luna" Nox Fleuret from Final Fantasy XV
Malai 🟣 (premium) - a parody of Gentiana from Final Fantasy XV
Sophronia 🟠 (free) - a parody of Aranea Highwind from Final Fantasy XV
Phoebe 🟡 (premium) - a parody of Iris Amicitia from Final Fantasy XV

image.png

Art by Liang Xing, Olivia730, Cherry-Gig, & Ilya Kuvshinov.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
Added fanart.
  • Thanks 4

• Ravi-Sama pinned and featured this topic

The lines of the entire right arm of Sophronia 0-stars are visible and have not been removed from the exported picture 😕

image.png.972d9c22651628c87fae41146e6350c5.png

l will surely finish the PoA because I'm missing both MDR girls and planning to get both so the beat villains goals will be done.

Only going for the free path, because I don't spend kobans except on mythics for now. So with the 3 Mythics coming in quick succession, even if I'm planning to save at least one SP (maybe two, I have already 7 shards of NYE), I have enough but will probably be kind of low afterwards (probably less than 5k left).

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

The lines of the entire right arm of Sophronia 0-stars are visible and have not been removed from the exported picture 😕

That's a shame.  I didn't notice it before.  She's also my fave out of the bunch, b/c of the armor.  It's a new art style.  I've seen some discord players say they all look like dudes, and a horse emoji 🐴 was used.  That's a little harsh.  My main criticism was they all had the same faces, and very minimal expressions.  After looking at other poses, I see that Phoebe is the most expressive, but I still think Sophronia is the most interesting w/ that armor.  I'm checking out fan art for them atm.  I only really played the tutorial and intro of Final Fantasy XV.  Didn't get very far, b/c I was just testing if my PC could run it, w/ a triple monitor surround setup (it lagged quite a bit).  The girls they parody are much more attractive.  I usually skip the premium side of PoAs anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdnoria said:

image.png.972d9c22651628c87fae41146e6350c5.png

Well, it at least it shows that the artist is making sure the arm is anatomically correct.
we've had a couple examples of bodyparts missing or being cloned.
We do have the famous example of the double neck girl, I don't have her or remember her name tho.
I do find it kind of funny that her fethish is "neck" tho :)

Ravi edit: Lovestruck Guinevere's 3 star pose.

Spoiler

Neck.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cordelia 🔵 (free) -> 3/10 
Malai 🟣 (premium) -> 5/10
Sophronia 🟠 (free) ->  8/10
Phoebe 🟡 (premium) -> 7/10

Based on my sneak peeks of their pose pics on the wiki. No idea what the affection scenes will be worth, so I might adjust these a little bit.

I'm still dumbfounded that all four of these were drawn and inked by the same artist. They clearly have talent, but also flaws and a significant progress margin. It looks like Cordelia in particular was really, really rushed.

The colorists (or at the very least the coloring jobs) are wildly different and Cordelia got the short end of the stick for that too, unfortunately. To me it seems that the other three girls got a similarly good quality coloring job, perhaps a tidbit more on point for Malai and Sophronia, but Phoebe gets very close.

• Like 2

i have no interest in any of these girls, im thinking of just not collecting them so them 

any new L3 girl has to be amazing for me to even care anymore with how many L5's i still have to upgrade and with how much trouble im having getting books i wont miss having 2 more LV 1 girls in my harem for the next few years

• Hug 3

7 hours ago, Kissmydick said:

im thinking of just not collecting them

Additionally, not leaving money on the table is generally a good rule of thumbs for any game, including this one. So if you weren't joking and you're legit planning on not claiming girls you unlock, then you're about to move over to the dark side of really bad plays. I'm pretty sure you were just putting it this way for hyperbole, but just in case you're the next Obs X, I'd rather tell you point blank before you make this mistake.

• Like 1

In times like these, I wish the player could select the girl instead of everyone going for identical girls. I would give up the chance for the second girl (i.e., only getting one girl on the free path) if I could select Phoebe as my "free girl." 🍺

• Like 3

first i would like to say im not hating on these girls, its not about the art style and more about how i feel L3 girls are almost more trouble than they are worth

i agree about not "leaving money on the table" but consider this, is the harem income going to make up for the bigger pool of lv 1 girls in champions?

i cant keep up with upgrading my harem and only picking up girls who i really like might help me get to a point where i can get through champions much easier

right now even with all my refreshes i cant get a good team most times since i have so many low power girls

champions also provide more than just ymens, equipment and kisses, so im just weighing my options since the girl isnt a must have for me

im curious if anyone else thinks like i do on this or has any suggestions for dealing with my ever growing army of neglected girls

---

Mod Edit: See here for this side discussion on Champion Draft 101. Cheers, Div*

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: added information
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, jelom said:

This is a girl collection game so just think on "Gettting them all"

The game is what you make it for yourself. For some it is more a simple "getting them all", for others it is more a "how can I progress/succeed best", which again for some is more about PvE, for other more PvP. No need to tell others what the game should mean for them 😉✌️.

• Surprised :O 1

7 minuti fa, Horsting ha scritto:

The game is what you make it for yourself. For some it is more a simple "getting them all", for others it is more a "how can I progress/succeed best", which again for some is more about PvE, for other more PvP. No need to tell others what the game should mean for them 😉✌️.

Well, I see your point,and it is true, in a sense, BUT the collecting part is quite the basic core of the game, and you should always claim available girls, even if just for not having them "polluting" future event/pachinko pools

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

Exactly. There were players using the game as a framework for playing their own much more restrictive mini-game, basically. We (in)famously had Obs X and his self-imposed handicap of never spending kobans, and there was at least one player whose name eludes me right now who essentially made everything in his power to stay frozen in the early game and not progressing beyond that (not claiming PXP etc.).

These are all fine and dandy, and to each their own and all that. But for 99.9999999% of us, "The Game" means the actual full game as it exists and can be played without any self-imposed restrictions. And it wouldn't make sense any other way.

It's not about what the game means to any individual player, or how this or that unicorn decided to approach it. It's about what the game itself actually is, and what works for most players actually playing it. Regardless of taste or preference. You do you, but when we're talking about guidelines for the game in general, we should have the whole game in mind and what works for most players to play that game.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Antimon said:

BUT the collecting part is quite the basic core of the game, and you should always claim available girls

This "should" is what my post was about: As long as it is not "What should I do to succeed in event X/league/whatever?" (a certain element of a game you can do better or worse), this is exactly everyone's personal decision and there is no "should" about it.

But of course, in general I agree with you that the girls themselves, not necessarily including what you can do with them/how they help you in other game elements, is the initial and core feature of the game. And the event/pachinko pool aspect is indeed a rational argument one must consider. EDIT: Also that e.g. in current PoV, every shard/girl gives you potions, and they can be objectives in challenges as well. So even when only looking at the practical/progress benefit of 3* girls, there are several reason why/when they can help you progress.

Edited by Horsting

Also, if I may add a bit, you don't have to upgrade and level up all of your girls (leveling them all up is practically impossible), but getting more girls to your harem helps in many ways:

a. Passive bonus to PvE and PvP fights - each girl in your harem contributes to her specific element, up to 100 girls of each element.
b. more Drafts against champions - as you're getting more girls, you're also getting more drafts against the champions.
c. If you're leveling them up, they're adding a bit to your endurance in PvE and PvP fights.
d. PoPs - Having more girls (with higher power of course), enables you to fill the Places of Power more easily.
e. Upgrading / Leveling up tasks - In events like Double Penetration (and also Path of Attraction to some extent), you will have tasks that require you to upgrade or level up girls. Even in Daily goals and contests, there are these tasks. You can ignore these tasks, but having more girls gives you more options to fulfill these tasks more efficiently.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 4

thanks to NYE I have completed my first PoA since it was extended to tier 26 ^^

image.thumb.png.8cb84ebe97b6432c572e6849788a5f39.png

Normally I'd always stop on tier 25 because I didn't want to waste CP from Seasons/PoA for it as they were meant for next month's MD and there's no way to get those 200 fights with natural regen

• Like 1
  • GG 4

Same, free path only though. I'm just holding on to the final 20 Kisses for next month.

What's much more unusual for me is I'm close to reaching Tier 73 on the Season, "thanks" to all the SE/Rs. I think it's the farthest I ever went in any Season.

Got the 2 free L3 girls and 1 m gear in 3 PoAs.  Also, 20 CP, but I used it all.

HH: tier 25 - 76/200 villains.  Like the Epic Baconator, don't have a reason atm to buy the 124 CP.
CxH: tier 25 - 77/160 villains.  There's an ongoing MDR for a Hellboy parody "Horny," but I don't have enough resources atm, so no point spending to finish this tier.
PSH: tier 25 - 22/160 villains.  PSH doesn't have a PoG yet, so maybe I was behind on some tasks compared to the other games.

With my chronic shortage of kobans, any girls I might've wanted to get has been decided for me.  Even though Cordelia was no show stopper, it was easy to aim for her, and I managed this objective without much difficulty.  I did wish Sophronia was the first on the list because she looks quite passable.

Not the most noteworthy Seasons event, sorry to say... Compare this with the current Path of Valor girls, especially that one dressed like Hillary Clinton and who seems to be put together as one puts together a doll.  Obviously not meant to be human (or even biological) Great tits though.  I wish I had a less cryptic backstory for both these events.