[ November 4th, 2023 ] Hot Assembly - Traveler's Tales of Tits

Ravi-Sama

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

Do it tomorrow shortly before reset, so you can use the CPs for MDR (in case the ones you do not need for LD). Even if you have the girl already, the extra MPx1 orbs are another argument which make using the CPs a little less of a waste. This is how I will (sadly need to) do it.

Tomorrow is last day of LC and MDR starts day after...

• Thanks 1

Okay, just for everyone to understand: Tomorrow, shortly BEFORE reset, hence shortly before MDR starts with its first batch of shards, claim the event card. You will get the Xtals immediately which easily secures you top 5% for the current period, and you get the CP rewards. Do not use the CPs until MDR starts, but AFTER reset instead. The first MDR shard batch usually lasts longer, 7 minutes or so, since most players start after contest start, hence on 2nd batch. So everyone should be able to use all gained CP from the event card during the first batch, hence loosing max 1 CP from natural regeneration. That all given that you are able to be online around reset, of course.

This is the most efficient way to use the medium event card for staying in top 5%. The question now is what to do with the big card. I guess with the medium card alone, one will run into the same issue 2 periods later. When participating MDR, I guess top 5% will be safe, but afterwards there is again no event to collect Xtals. The villain+champ objectives of PoA will another period later. So likely one will need to claim the big card without having any real use for the CP rewards. So probably it is best to claim the big card during MDR, to have a good use for the CPs, even that it is likely not required to stay in top 5% in this particular period.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed a day ...

Edited by Horsting
  • Haha 1

@Horsting MDR starts the 23th of November (in less than 2 days) and not tomorrow (the 22th of November) so you either lose 1 day of fists natural regen if you decide to pool them for the MDR or you spend them to not lose a day of natural regen in the 3 day ranking period.

See the calendar :

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stayed in top 5% for the first two cycles, dropped to top 10% for the next, and came in top 20% this cycle...
Highly doubtful I'll manage to get back to top 10% or top 5% due to how the rewards are tied into your score.
Atleast i should manage to stay in top 20%, as there is quite some distance down to top 50%

Capturedcran2023-11-23040631.thumb.png.489a365c08b1a749b5afb5939c17bd8c.pngStrangely the game did not take into account the ranking reward of today (+800 acorns). I was at 10412 right after the reset, and therefore I was able to claim some of the rewards but then when I got back in the evening I had lost the 800 as shown in the picture. Did anyone have the issue already ? I can't claim the 30 EP even though the game took into account the rewards already claimed. Pretty strange ...

6 minutes ago, Lapokabo said:

Strangely the game did not take into account the ranking reward of today (+800 acorns).

I had this issue when playing on multiple devices - I claimed them on the phone, but they were not reflected on my laptop and as soon as you gain some points on your second device, the points claimed on the first are lost.

• Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Il y a 8 heures, 430i a dit :

I had this issue when playing on multiple devices - I claimed them on the phone, but they were not reflected on my laptop and as soon as you gain some points on your second device, the points claimed on the first are lost.

That's even weirder, as I don't play on mutiple device, only laptop. Were you able to get your points back in any way ? I send a ticket hoping they will find a solution because those 800 points are a must for the end of the event.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

1 hour ago, Lapokabo said:

Were you able to get your points back in any way ?

Yes, they reimbursed me the points, saying that it is a one time thing, as playing on multiple devices apparently is not supported. Hopefully it works out for you as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 2

2 hours ago, 430i said:

as playing on multiple devices apparently is not supported.

What??? I know there are some glitches with caching, but all obtained/used resources MUST be recorded at the server and hence correct, whatever the client shows. The worst thing that should be able to happen is that you get an error when trying to do something which is not possible, e.g. because you are trying to use resources, shown (cached) on the client, while you did use them on another client already. If using multiple clients really can technically lead to resources being falsely recorded on the server, then there is a fundamental problem with how frontend and backend are working, as this cannot only lead to lost resources, but also to falsely gained ones. My goodness, reading that such problem do really exist makes me 🤢. I use two clients, of course, an additional browser tab at home, the hugely advertised PWA when being elsewhere, or for last things when in bed already. Where is the big warning that this is not supported and can lead to lost resources?

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2
  • GG 1

Actually the issue is to be logged in on multiple devices at the same time.

KK advise to log off when you stop using a device before using another one.

We would like to inform you that our games do not support multi-sessions and that we highly recommend to log out and log in whenever you switch devices. Please be advised that as a one time courtesy, we have credited your account with 800 pinecones.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Makes sense, as this assures that all cached resource values are dropped. But that this really can lead to false resources/action at the server, IMO is a huge and completely not understandable disaster. Every web app beginner learns at first the trivial basics about how do process such values: A client is requesting a use of a resource, the server locks the particular database/field, checks whether it is possible, in case adjusts the value and performs the related action (all only on the server so far, so that all possibly gained resources are immediately stored there), and when all done sends the result (resources decrease/increase) back to the client. It rules out that any 2nd client can do anything in parallel, and any (cached) values from the client NEVER EVER have any effect on what is actually stored on the server. This is so dead simple basics, I cannot believe that this is obviously not consequently the case with KKs games ... I would not wonder if cheaters were constantly hunting for gaining free resources in all (especially new) parts of the game, when knowing that KK does not know/enforce the basics which would make this technically impossible.

How do I know whether I lost Xtals? Can someone who remained in top 5% until now show the overall amount of Xtals? @Lapokabo you had (should have had) 10412 Xtals today after being top 5% in all periods so far?

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Yes, sorry, my statement was not exactly correct... But in fairness, who constantly logs on and off from the game?

And so far I never had issues with any of the other resources - granted there might be some initial display issue, but you can never double-spend resources (AFAIK) and all your progress - ymen, shards, gems and so on is stored server-side. Only the pinecones seem to be an exception and I need to run some tests, but I have the feeling that the current implementation is ripe for abuse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 430i said:

Only the pinecones seem to be an exception

I am also sure about this, saw the "you cannot do this" like messages regularly when using different clients, before the actual (server-side) resources were correctly shown, or e.g. claimed event rewards hidden, followed by often a lock for claiming anything else for some seconds. But that such exception even exist for a newer game element is sufficiently horrible. So you need to worry about such bloody beginner mistake (and others may hunt for it) whenever a new type of event or reward or game element is added.

Now I understand better how it was possible that I gained the daily SE card rewards two times (last SE), when accessing from both clients. This seemed to have been fixed in the meantime, but it is the same underlying problem, just the other way round (for my benefit): A flag for "daily rewards gained" not set on the server, but only on the client. I thought that time that it must have been more complicated, as such trivial bug cannot be produced, even by KK, but looks like I was wrong.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

I thought there would be a big push with the start of of MDR in the event, but at the moment my ranking is more or less stable. Probably people gambling for better contests tomorrow. Really need to push way to hard to keep things running and adding the rewards to the ranking points is not the best idea

image.png.0bbb41eebe7262d274bb2ff3237f49b7.png

• GG 1

Did some tests on test server and can trivially replicate the bug:

1. Log in on desktop and mobile concurrently
  2. Check Xtals on both clients
  3. Gain Xtals on client 1
  4. Observe that those are visible only on client 1, not on client 2, also not after page reloads (this is what we know already, and can be solved by logout/login)
  5. Gain Xtals on client 2
  6. Observe that on client 2, the amount of Xtals still misses the ones gained on client 1
  7. Logout and login on client 1
  8. Observe that Xtals on client 1 do now match those on client 2, hence the ones gained on client 1 while both sessions were up are lost.

So it seems, that the amount of Xtals stored on the server when gaining new ones, is based on a cached value of current Xtals stored on the particular client, rather than incrementing a value stored on the server. I cannot believe that is true, OMG. I have not found that stored value yet. Of course there are JS data objects containing the values when opening the event page, but adjusting the values within these objects lasts only until the page is reloaded, and they are not available on any other page. So I don't know where/how the value is actually cached/stored on the client. But pretty thinkable that one can find it, increase it and do e.g. a villain fight to push the falsely increased value to the server.

EDIT: I checked the code a little and made further tests. Someone with more experience/insights, probably 430i, can hopefully verify, but to me it looks like the problem is not a client-side cache, but likely a per-session cache at the server: The progression values are coming from the seasonal.html page itself, defined via inline script. And from what I see this is not generated anywhere but comes from the server directly. The local scripts (default.js) are then only processing these values. But the received seasonal.html is different both both clients, hence then it must be a server-side cache, which is pushed to the actual/central database at latest on logout. But this also means that one cannot gain but only loose Xtals because of this. Bad enough, but not the worst case. And theoretically it should be possible to fix all affected players' Xtals by summing up all past ranking results? Would be much more efficient than leaving it to the support to manually grant potentially hundreds of players the missing Xtals, and of course many probably did not even recognise. (EDIT: Ah, the ranking might be affected just the same way ...)

A per-session cache at the server would also explain the out-of-sync energies/rewards states. A simple solution would be just forcefully logout all other sessions of a user on login. A "this is not supported, please logout manually" is not good enough for a game that takes payments.

Edited by Horsting

Reading this worries me now that I potentially lost some of those resources. I didn't follow my progress very closely so I don't know if my current event resources make sense or not, but I know that I collected some of them with my phone (=my second device).

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, Horsting a dit :

@Lapokabo you had (should have had) 10412 Xtals today after being top 5% in all periods so far?

Yes I was in the top 5% since the beginning. They did sent me another 800 pinecones warning me that it was a one time only (as it was a "mistake" on my part). Strangely enough, the 800 cones are taken into account for the current ranking cycle giving me a bit of an unfair advantage for said cycle, I am in the 1% and cannot possibly get out even if I don't spend anything on MDR.

What worry me the most is that if you don't thoroughly keep count of your acorn (as in taking daily screenshots) you can easily miss a potential loss.

All in all, I got the 800 back, thankfully.

• Like 1

Well, staying in the Top 5% has been steadily harder and harder for sure, with the latest 3-day period being the hardest so far (unsurprisingly, with the MDR going on). But it's still worth it for me, and HA is still heads and shoulders the best and even the only good of the 3 Mega-Event formats (with LR being the worst and SE in the middle).

I still haven't bought either koban cards, by the way. I only picked up the free one. I did spend thousands of kobans on refills for my league, my champs, and for fighting the new world's villain (with a few bonus MPx1s in it for me thanks to the MDR). It would probably have been very tough or borderline impossible to do had I not won two D3s in a row, though, I'll admit.

I plan on picking up both koban cards for December's MD. If I'm not crazy and I counted correctly, HA should end at reset time on Monday, the 4th of December (CET), so it should still be around for the first day of the MD that typically starts on the 3rd of the month at reset time.

il y a 5 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

I counted correctly, HA should end at reset time on Monday, the 4th of December (CET), so it should still be around for the first day of the MD that typically starts on the 3rd of the month at reset time.

You're right 👍

About champs fights, I think I'm broke 🥴 (already did x25 and x30 fights for the current PoA) Hentai_Heroes_-_2023-11-25_16_45_39.png.da1b2d9a0e62fba0fb630b2ba4e27334.png

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 2