New Feature: The Labyrinth - Started December 6th 2023 at live

bolitho76

11 hours ago, Horsting said:

That is actually an important point. Is there a quicker way to know this without checking each of the opponent's girls?

What? How? Is there a way to choose which of the opponent's girls to attack?

Oh, you mean when you have two options at the field, so you can click on them and hover over the girls to see their stats? I didn't try that.

Testing on test server:

• De-selecting any girl after squad auto-selection is still not possible.
  • As noted by others, it would be great if swapping/moving girls within the team was possible before all slots are filled.
  • CH still gives defence, while HC does not, KH gives starting mana and nothing gives mana regeneration, so stats are all still wrong.
  • An indicator on the quad/team page about which girl will have how much (base) ego is still missing.
  • "Power" is still somehow wrong, as I still have girls with "all" stats higher (and no HC, hence no high ego) but "Power" lower. This is especially true for C5 vs L3 girls, or generally common vs legendary: Commons with all stats lower often have higher "Power" then legendaries with close but all higher stats.
  • I cannot test GS5, but since it works well for others, I guess/hope it was fixed after I finished my run on live server.

What exact change should I watch out for? So far everything (aside of probably GS5) is still the same. Will start the run now.

EDIT: The difficulty seems significantly lower now: Opponents with the same color have lower stats. But I think this is the wrong way. It would be easier if the stats were fixed instead. Currently "Tanks" have bad defence and "Mages" (which I often use as tanks thanks to their higher defence) have bad ego instead. Fixing the stats would make tanks and mages both stronger, lowering difficulty naturally.

EDIT2: Jep, ran through all floors pretty fast, without loosing many girls on the way. I could not see any change or fix other than significantly weaker opponents. Better concentrate on fixing the bugs, and only after that, see whether balance changes are (still) required!

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There are some doubled percentage signs in some of the skill descriptions:

image.thumb.png.597e73f880ffc204a8ab6b9ad93bbee0.png

I guess its clear, but the word "damage" is missing. Indeed not too simple to phrase a sane sentence, like "Deal 5% of max ego damage" sound wrong, as it does in "Spank!" skill below. Probably: "Reduce the ego of 2 random opponent characters by 5% of their max ego for 3 rounds."

image.thumb.png.8fe8876fa5b87aaaa2678c166afd7c12.pnghe above one is level 5, for completeness)

image.thumb.png.ac54915684ffb17d2438d58f0c74d312.png

image.thumb.png.9cce035f7208759dbc8ed6fa07ae5cfb.png

Lovestruck and Mana steal are okay.

I recognised just now that its 8 different skills, instead of 4 for B.D.S.M..

I guess reporting the stats and power issue was a waste, and we have to live with false stats mapping and tanky mages (especially with the weaker opponents now) now? For "easy" it does not matter anymore, but for the higher difficulties, it is quite nasty when players choose "tanks" as tanks, because the game tells them, but actually weaken their teams with this.

Does it make sense to create a Discord account to not rely on devs reading forum or community mirroring back and forth?

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Does it make sense to create a Discord account to not rely on devs reading forum or community mirroring back and forth?

I have a strong feeling that not a single dev checked this thread and they care only about Discord these days

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I guess I misinterpreted the "Thanks for feedback from forum" when it was on test server, and it did not mean that it was actually read.

No, it's just count the number of people who still care enough to post something, so you know there are still enough customers left to sell your stuff

8 hours ago, Horsting said:

CH still gives defence, while HC does not, KH gives starting mana and nothing gives mana regeneration, so stats are all still wrong.

I noticed that despite the same stats or even greater protection, Tanks receive about 2 times less damage from regular attacks than magicians, and 1.5 times less than damage dealers. The damage caused by damage dealers is significantly higher than the difference in numbers between tanks and damage dealers.

3 hours ago, Master-17 said:

I've asked it in the poll form)))

Dito 🙂

Tanks receive about 2 times less damage from regular attacks than magicians

Huh? When I tested last, mages still were the best tanks, i.e. the defence shown applied quite precisely. I did not take notes, but non-crit damage matched quite well AP minus defence. Are you sure that you differentiated between crits and non-crits and the attacker had moreless the same AP?

The damage caused by damage dealers is significantly higher than the difference in numbers between tanks and damage dealers.

You mean they do more damage than the AP diff seems to indicate? Same as with defence, as far as I watched it, it matched quite well the expectation. Similarly crit vs non-crit must be taken care of, since there is no indication that an attack was a crit, other than the doubled (or higher with relics) damage.

Another thing to take care of is the front/mid/back relic bonuses: Those giving defence do so for the front only (where probably your "tanks" (HC girls) are sitting), those giving attack do so for the back only. So this can create another diff.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Horsting said:

Are you sure that you differentiated between crits and non-crits and the attacker had moreless the same AP?

I’m not sure about anything here, because the interface is not very user friendly. Who causes damage to whom and how, etc. is not very clear. But confidence is somewhere around 60-70% 😅

P.S. In general, the innovation turned out to be complex, boring and time-consuming. Completed it once in two of the three games currently played. I didn't even start in PsH. I don't want to play the second time either. So this innovation passes me by

Edited by Master-17
P.S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I noticed that each floor has a set number of easy/hard/medium opponents with their placement being shuffled. First row of floor 1 is always both super easy opponents, and on all floors the last row before the boss is always either treasure or shrines.
image.png.ac87b9f8c9a9a390863a67f0e1723e63.png

Has anyone seen something that goes against this pattern? 

Also I realize now how they've gone about monetizing this...

image.png.7c2e71e06dbb806f0634334ec0ad6136.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

About the coins (and btw also shop slots):

With silver card:

image.png.d42bb9b8df325471ef98e83bce329c1c.png

x2/x3/x4 for gold/platinum/diamond card.

And treasure gives 10% (rounded up) of boss coins.

I found another quite major bug:

image.png.dc00f45f67cf5325c0943cac777aa9d3.pngimage.png.74a3795a52a66138e9bdfec6eb368956.png

What you see is the "Protective Bubble" relics (a bunch stacked) in action:

• The first image tells me that 15,349 damage were blocked.
  • The second image tells me that 28,315 damage were gone through.
  • The values match my relics, which should give me 8+8+16=32% or 1.08^2*1.16=>35.3% protection. And 15,349/(15,349+28,315)=35.15%, so the letter seems to apply. This btw (would) makes this relic SO much stronger than all the +X% defence crap. However ...
  • Check the ego: 202,152-28,315=173,837, but Bianca went down to 143,140.
  • So I thought the relic just does not apply. But: 173,837-15,349=158,488, so even without any effect of the relic, her ego should be higher.
  • Here is what happens: 202,152-28,315-2*15,349=143139. So instead of reducing the damage, "Protective Bubble" currently INCREASES the received damage, hence weakens you significantly! The deeper we look at it, the more crazy bugs appear which just show that this whole feature was NEVER reviewed. I mean probably some devs clicked through it, but no one ever checked any values, neither stats, nor damage and all this, whether all these shiny formulas actually do what they are supposed to do.
  • Well, of course one can just reduce the power of opponents so that all those major bugs just do not play a role, and leave them in the game forever, like all those league bugs. Good for those who know about them, and everyone else just does wrong decisions without recognising it.
  • Thanks 7
  • Surprised :O 4

In which way does the "Finishing Move" relic work? i have got two epic ones, 2xbelow 8% Ego. Do they add up to finishing off girls that are below 16% Ego? Ifthey are supposed to do this they are not working. Had several opponents at 5% or lower who got not finished off by this relic.

45 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

i have got two epic ones, 2xbelow 8% Ego. Do they add up to finishing off girls that are below 16% Ego?

I would suppose so as well, or even at 1.08²-1=16.68%, since "Protective Bubble" seems to stack multiplicatively. However, knowing that "Protective Bubble" in fact increases received damage instead of reducing it, we cannot know at all whether and how any relic works, or whether it does the opposite of what its supposed to do. I am not yet sure how, but it looks like we'd need to check the actual numbers for every single relic type, report bugs to KK and somehow try to assure they really receive, acknowledge and fix them, since KK themselves obviously didn't do it. Otherwise relics can be anything or nothing, pure RNG or believing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Horsting said:

So instead of reducing the damage, "Protective Bubble" currently INCREASES the received damage, hence weakens you significantly! 

Huhh... yeah I felt like my girls took more damage then they were supposed too.
They must have really slashed the difficulty of the labyrinth then, since I stacked as many protective bubbles as I could.
I had a 46% damage INCREASE against me, and I still managed to take out the final boss in 2 battles, compared to getting destroyed last time, needing to use a revive stone in order to win..

Will try tomorrow without protective bubbles.

• Like 2