New Feature: The Labyrinth - Started December 6th 2023 at live

bolitho76

I'm not excited for this and will likely ignore it unless the lab girl is one I really want.  I've seen this sort of event on many other idle gacha games and it's always just a bland repetitive time sink.  Except this version is even more confusing because of all the perks that are made to apply to either certain element types or specific girls only.

Bottom line is it looks exciting for anyone that hasn't seen this type of feature, but I just see it as another copy and paste from other games and the novelty will wear off quickly, leaving it to be seen for what it is, a boring time sink.

• Like 1

mb something wrong with mana generation for mages. but some DD units with quite same power generate more mana than mages xD

also being able to buy 2 day cards with event farmable money in case u forgot\was unable to claim finished event rewards looks a nice option. curious how much 2 day silver card costs. gold one 6k
 image.png.edff4957c29990e37bd4b983605f1b00.png

Edited by DuDeLoK

30 minutes ago, 430i said:

Let's open the floor to some questions - I should just auto-select the top70 girls right? There is no point in theory crafting an ideal lineup right?

Read my list of bugs above: Auto-select won't select the best girls, since the "Power" value is falsely calculated or does not represent how powerful a girl actually is.

8 minutes ago, CuminJutsu6 said:

I guess this means we have to optimize are harem in the back to pull through these seasons without over doing rejuv stones. 

Read as well my additional bug reported above: Do not skill GS5 for the Lab, as it currently has no effect.

3 minutes ago, DuDeLoK said:

mb something wrong with mana generation for mages. but some DD units with quite same power generate more mana than mages xD

Right, read my list of bugs above: KH currently gives (starting) Mana, CH gives defence instead, all buggy.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Read my list of bugs above: Auto-select won't select the best girls, since the "Power" value is falsely calculated or does not represent how powerful a girl actually is.

Thanks, too late now :D

Anyway, the next question - I am facing two opponents of the same difficulty (blue), but with different "power" (or whatever that floating number is). Is there a benefit of fighting the more difficult one? Do rewards scale with the opponent's "power"?

On 12/2/2023 at 4:01 PM, Tom208 said:

Simple :

• If you have no monthly card, it gives you 2 days of silver card
  • If you have a silver card, it adds 2 days of silver card
  • If you have another monthly card, it converts 2 days into the proper duration for your card

Important information: Labyrinth girls system is the same than leagues, club champion and places of power system. So you can finish the girl even after the 60 days sessions.

I don´t have any cards but have a gold card in the shop.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 430i said:

I am facing two opponents of the same difficulty (blue), but with different "power" (or whatever that floating number is). Is there a benefit of fighting the more difficult one? Do rewards scale with the opponent's "power"?

Nope, the rewards are the same as long as the difficulty/color is the same: However, since the "Power" is wrong for our girls, I guess it is wrong for the opponents as well. Hence, to be sure, one must compare the actual stats of the girls of the two opponents. Of course impractical, probably only worth it if you face two orange ones and are short on girls already.

28 minutes ago, kifat said:

How does a block work in a labyrinth? I see a green inscription “blocked (8,384)”, after which the same enemy girl hits my girl with additional much stronger attack (for example 70k)

What you see is the "Protective Bubble" relic: It reduces the damage by X% and this is shown a little misleading with this dedicated "Block" animation. The alternative is "Dodge", which girls have a low chance to do (unless you bump it with the respective single-girl relic) and which avoids the whole damage.

• Like 1

You can use a heart/stone to revive/heal all girls. Since we got 4 for free (1 from shop, 3 via code), it should be acceptable. The last boss gives most coins, so its worth it.

Btw, another (positive) bug: The "Defeat Medication" relic heals much too much. I have a single common relic of this type, where a girl should be healed by 6% of her max ego when defeating another girl. But instead usually girls are healed to or close to 100% (up from ~30% what I observed).

And: When speeding up the battle (xN button bottom right), only the animations are speed up, but not the time it takes for the damage/block/heal/spell texts to appear. So even x8 is not much faster, but only starts to look unpleasant with a very fast animation, but then long time to wait for the actual hit numbers to appear. It would be actually great if it was possible to have the animations removed completely. I do not need to see a girl cycling around large across the screen. A highlight of her icon on the battlefield while she attacks (or gets attacked) would be enough. Of course a matter of taste, but having a button for this IMO would make much more sense then this speed up (only animations) button.

During my last battle, my browser crashed, since it started to eat up all system memory. While memory consumption raised, the animation started to shutter and hang before the crash. Not sure where this memory leak is coming from, but this should be taken a look at. I have an old laptop, but I guess on mobile devices it might cause similar issues. The good thing is: When entering the Laby again, one is still offered to choose the relic, so it is not lost because of the crash.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Just now, Valiant said:

But this heart stone is the only thing that reduces tiredness, correct?

Yes, as far as we know. If a girl lost ego, there are relics which allow her to heal before actions/when she deals damage/when she defeats another girl, so against weaker opponents this can be used to heal girls at least, but not revive them.

6 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

if that is easy not sure I want to see higher levels. it toke me the same amount of girl on the test server where I have a weak line up as the normal server where I have a very strong line up. does the event scale to the player?

image.png.534d2e392783d282a6c1071735ca7571.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finished the 3rd floor, using one heart stone before my final fight with the last boss.

I'm not sure how the mechanism works exactly, so I did it rather intuitively. I also didn't get very good relics, and I didn't have much healing wings on my path.

My current shop:

My first impression is that this new feature is... kinda meh.
I didn't needed it, it doesn't bring much to the table, just takes away more of my time every 2 days
The best thing about it is the graphics, which look very nice.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

yea i don't think so, my lvl 750 teams with somewhat decent relics are melting on floor 3.

Same here, all girls were gone 3 fields before the last boss. I did use a stone to recover all of them. The first runs on test server were easy, the last two significantly harder, but I was not sure whether I was just unlucky with the relics. Now, after having lost all girls moreless at the same progress at live server, I think they raised the difficulty. To be true, I went the hardest way this time, took all orange opponents I could. But since harder opponents give better relics (AFAIK), this is not even a bad tactic, to be stronger against last opponents. And I did "correctly" select the girls according to their actual strengths, instead of the misleading ones shown by the game.

49 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

im going in with 2 tanks, 1 mage and 4 dps. Mages seem to do no damage at all compares to damage dealers.

As I wrote before, check the stats to know which girls are really good tanks and DDs:

• "Mages" are better tanks if you do not expect the front to be defeated anyway: CH currently gives defence, while HC gives only ego.
  • CH girls ("Mages") are not supposed to do raw damage, but to faster cast their spell. However, neither do the GS5 special spells work currently, nor does CH give any mana related stat. KH currently raises starting mana.
  • Hence best to use 2 CH girls in the front and 5 KH girls in middle and back. If you face orange or boss opponents, where you expect to loose, at least the front girls, only then use HC ("Tank") girls, since against opponents with high damage, their higher ego makes them last longer than the higher defence of CH girls does. I.e. HC girls are fodder to use in first battles against strong opponents to not loose the more valuable KH and CH girls too quickly 😅.

With the stats fixed, hence (according to info page) HC girls being really tanks with increased ego AND defence, with CH providing starting Mana + Mana regeneration and the GS5 spells functional (I expect them to do something significantly more valuable compared to a regular attack, while currently it is the opposite), the difficulty could be actually fine. Thinking about it, how is it even possible that this feature gets released, with a fancy new use for the GS5 skills, when this was obviously never tested by anyone 😂😭.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • uwu 1

A question to the generai mechanic. Is it somehow relevant to be quick here (like other stressful events where every "second" counts if you want to do the optimum) or does it not really matter as long as you do your run before the 2 days timer runs out.

I have no useful test account and no time today to find it out.

29 minutes ago, MrXY said:

Is it somehow relevant to be quick here (like other stressful events where every "second" counts if you want to do the optimum) or does it not really matter as long as you do your run before the 2 days timer runs out.

I am not aware of any reason why speeding it up would be a benefit.

Only indirectly: I finished the whole laby after using up all my AME charges, so the kiss rewards did not eat up any of them. Then (and in between) I used up all kisses, before equipping the next AME (when the next opponent had its boosters expired). And also the CP rewards are a little more valuable during SM.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2