[ December 4th, 2023 ] Seasonal Event with Market - Heavenly blessed

bolitho76

If sufficient Sapphires were provided to actually gain something relevant also as F2P player, I would not have a big problem with them becoming progressions. But currently, with 60-80 Sapphires in SE, you cannot gain anything relevant. But I do not understand the benefit of them being progressions either, or why "pressure" would be a good thing in this regards. I like the synergy between the multiple shops we currently have in game. Yesterday, Fae Fanny & Fione appeared in Laby shop, which I just lifted into SM shop from HA shop, and they even appeared as last girl(s) in SM shop as well (but I used used most coins on an LD girl there). I.e. those shops in combination, when they have persistent currencies, are quite nice to slowly (since the prices are high) but steadily gain old girls you missed or could not get during the event they were introduced. For DP and BB at least there was no common revival plan, but they by times appeared in birthday special revivals (?), and for LD no re-revival is in sight at least, so why not have the 3 shops as the intended flexible way for players to obtain old girls?

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Horsting said:

If sufficient Sapphires were provided to actually gain something relevant also as F2P player, I would not have a big problem with them becoming progressions. But currently, with 60-80 Sapphires in SE, you cannot gain anything relevant.

Even then, I wouldn't be okay with it. Imagine if your kobans were reset to 0 at the end of the month (or any other in-game currency, or really any other resource good players use strategically over time), to give you "pressure" to "use them or lose them" there and then? This would kill any hope of ever reaching something big by slowly and steadily accumulating efforts and results over long periods of time. In other words, it would make the game strictly a clown fiesta for whales, and leave anyone with a modest or non-existent budget on the side of the road, even if they're dedicated and willing to work hard and smart towards their in-game goals to make up for their lack of access to real-money shortcuts they can't afford.

This is a (very!) long-term, slow-burn collection game, with more and more layers of mechanics, features, events, and grind to master and getting anywhere requires a long-term strategy with short to mid term milestones, careful risk assessment, resource management, and daily attendance. It's absolutely NOT the kind of game in which it's ever welcome, sensible or even acceptable to put "pressure and [a sense of] urgency" on players to use up their in-game currency in the short term (which can only be on low-value or partial items) instead of whenever and however they want.

That's typically the type of completely alien concept that only someone like Rosso would even try to apply to this game. Someone who never put themselves in the average player's shoes and never truly played the game as a player (without God-mode or dev cheats) for long enough and seriously enough to get a solid grasp on what it takes to progress in this game from a real player's perspective.

Anyways. The important thing is that this disaster seems to be avoided now. Big thanks to Rosso for his generosity and open-mindedness in granting us this request even though it didn't fit his own vision and he still has his doubts. <3 It takes a great and wise man to make this kind of gesture. :x

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, mdnoria said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking that maybe the 3rd girl is far less out of reach with the extra resources from the labyrinth.

Quick math with your extra gains : (32*2+18)*25 = 2050 points.

labirinth will be daily not for whole month. also average daily gain from labyrinh might be better or worse?

• Like 1

1. Not daily (that was only on the test server) but every other day (every 48 hours).
  2. Shush! What do you guys think you're doing, saying these kind of things out loud in a place where Rosso might (allegedly) read them? :o Do you want nerfs? Because that's how you get nerfs. :ph34r:
  • Haha 5

It's 24h reset time on the live server atm. Just finished it for today and it will reset in 22h14.

And also I said quick math. You can gain more or less resources depending on the path you take but you can probably find an average by using the same path strategy and noting the resources you get each time.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mdnoria said:

It's 24h reset time on the live server atm. Just finished it for today and it will reset in 22h14.

And also I said quick math. You can gain more or less resources depending on the path you take.

it will return to 48h after 13.12 based on the info shared on Discord

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always preferred the bags, to assure I get the Laby girl, even if I might be offline for a period unexpectedly. I should be able to get the 3rd girl, like I did without the Labyrinth the last SE(s). So with the Laby it will be even easier, while the 4th girl remains completely out of reach. And the few extra kisses won't change something about that.

But the extra Xtals might make skipping 5th SP on MD/R obsolete 🤔.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Yeah, except for July and sometimes August where they switch things around with anniversary things, it's pretty damn straightforward to check exactly which Mythic will be revived when. The regular monthly MDR at the end of each month is exactly for the girl who had her original MD on the same month one year prior. They're listed in order of release on the wiki, so it's really something anyone can figure out easily for themselves.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, 430i said:

Wow, there are only 80 sapphires up until the 3rd girl. Surely that's a mistake, right?

On 12/4/2023 at 3:21 PM, bolitho76 said:

You know KK long enough... I fear KK thinkt that is a really good deal for all.

On 12/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, mdnoria said:

I suppose not since a message was that they replaced champion tickets with sapphires.

But yeah clearly this is nearly useless as it is now.

And even if you complete the track (lol), you can only get 150 L5 girl shards (1.5 girls). You are clearly well rewarded for your dedication with your credit card.

I need to put Amelia, Selena and Piper to 40 from 0 so I would need 432 sapphires (=36*4*3) and I only got 126 atm.
I'm will surely reach the 2nd girl but I probably won't reach the 3rd one.

This would be different if the paid cards would give you sapphires as in HA.

On 12/4/2023 at 3:47 PM, Horsting said:

It never did. And who cares about kisses anyway 😄. Some daily Sapphires would have been great indeed, or more on the rewards track.

Since I used 80 Sapphires in HA to get all 4 new girls, I cannot even lift a single of these into SM shop. It would be great if up to 3rd girl one would get at least 144 Sapphires for 40 shards, the minimum benefit to get from the shop. I still see all side offers in the shop relevant only for those who have all girls already.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:00 AM, Horsting said:

Not sure whether comparison to other games or how it was previously helps for reasonable/constructive feedback. If a change is done, it should be reasonable and consistent in itself, a round implementation that makes sense. At its current state, it is not round, consistent and does not make much sense:

• If you need 144 Sapphires to get 40 shards of a girl, is it somehow incomplete to provide only 60/80 for those players which even need them. Of course, some shards are better than nothing, but putting limited development time in a half-baked change is IMO wasted, as there are still serious bugs and major inconveniences across the game with a much higher satisfaction per dev time.
  • A massive amount of more Sapphires is provided with the newly added tiers above 25k. Everything above 13k guarantees that you must invest real money (or loose the possibility to invest koban into much more rewarding events). Everyone who did this in the past to get to even only 25k, did get every 4th girl at 18k anyway, and surely won't miss any (compared to this extremely cheap) LD/DD/PoA/... girl, hence simply does not require the Sapphires. Even considering all the other rewards and stuff you can buy for Sapphires: Given the massive amount of Xtals => money you need to get there, it is MUCH cheaper to simply buy this stuff directly, like EqPx10 orbs for kobans and kobans for money, compared to 27k CP/Xtals for konbans (13k => 40k). So I basically see the Sapphire rewards up there for misplaced, not interesting for whales either, as long as someone does not simply enjoy to see some digital numbers rising.
  • That said: I am happy that KK is working on the ME's in general, also implementing a shop into SE in general is likely a reaction to feedback and wishes for multiple revivals of girls this way. And sure: Some Sapphires for next HA do not hurt. This is just some constructive feedback for providing rewards where they give players really a benefit.

On 12/6/2023 at 11:10 AM, DuDeLoK said:

for me 80 free saphires me is good new extra free reward that i can enjoy until they make saphires expire and that would be huge p2w problem. and i dont believe they will actually make them expire to start shitshow

On 12/8/2023 at 7:50 AM, Horsting said:

If sufficient Sapphires were provided to actually gain something relevant also as F2P player, I would not have a big problem with them becoming progressions. But currently, with 60-80 Sapphires in SE, you cannot gain anything relevant. But I do not understand the benefit of them being progressions either, or why "pressure" would be a good thing in this regards. I like the synergy between the multiple shops we currently have in game. Yesterday, Fae Fanny & Fione appeared in Laby shop, which I just lifted into SM shop from HA shop, and they even appeared as last girl(s) in SM shop as well (but I used used most coins on an LD girl there). I.e. those shops in combination, when they have persistent currencies, are quite nice to slowly (since the prices are high) but steadily gain old girls you missed or could not get during the event they were introduced. For DP and BB at least there was no common revival plan, but they by times appeared in birthday special revivals (?), and for LD no re-revival is in sight at least, so why not have the 3 shops as the intended flexible way for players to obtain old girls?

i took a look at Heavenly Blessed & Sleigh Belles, impressed by the 20💎 Sapphire payouts, then disappointed to see how they add up (or rather don't, pov/ymmv...)

Definite room for improvement.

14 hours ago, Karxan said:

disappointed to see how they add up (or rather don't

Agreed.

There are more Sapphires at the tail end of the reward track, where only the most massive of whales might even dare to go, than there are Sapphires scattered across the entire realistically doable part of the reward track for even the most dedicated and seasoned F2P veterans...

image.png

image.png

... That's very disappointing for BOTH populations:

1. Those who would kill for all these juicy Sapphires have no hope in hell of ever grabbing them.
  2. Those who can afford to finish the reward track have absolutely no use for even a single Sapphire, let alone 500.

The reward distribution could definitely use some rework for Sapphires.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

... That's very disappointing for BOTH populations:

1. Those who would kill for all these juicy Sapphires have no hope in hell of ever grabbing them.
  2. Those who can afford to finish the reward track have absolutely no use for even a single Sapphire, let alone 500.

Heavenly Blessed & Sleigh Belles
💎Sapphire💎 'Rewards'
1st: 💎20
2nd: 💎20
3rd: 💎20
4th: 💎20
5th: 💎20
6th: 💎20
7th: 💎30
8th: 💎40
9th: 💎50
10th: 💎60
11th: 💎70
12th: 💎80
13th: 💎100
====================================
Total 💎Sapphire💎 'Rewards': 💎550

Anyone want to check my math?  Make sure i got this right?  CXH is the exact same thing, 13 payouts totaling 💎550 💎Sapphire💎 'Rewards'...
💎550/13 = 42.307692307692307692307692307692
13 x 42 = 546.  Maybe make the 13th one 💎46 for total of 💎550?    <Best 2 options imhho...
10 x 42 = 420, then 11th: 💎43, 12th: 💎43, 13th: 💎44?
10 x 40 = 400, then 11th: 💎45, 12th: 💎50, 13th: 💎55?
10 x 30 = 300, then 11th: 💎50, 12th: 💎80, 13th: 💎120?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

They realized that too many players got many of the event girls without spending money, so they "reworked" the sapphires distribution, but in the opposite way as what you are asking now.

• Sad 1

Can someone please double-check my math?

Per day one gets 170 points, 16 days left would total 2720 points. There are about 8-9 labyrinths left until the end of the seasonal event, I reckon one easy run gives about 150 points, so 1200 in total. The two cards give directly 3600 points and another 540 on top from kisses. I dont know exactly when the event ends and whether the combativity from the cards can be spend before that, so I wont calculate them. All of this totals 8000 points and change. This means that everyone that has about 5400-5500 points as of right now should be fairly safe in getting the 3rd girl. Right?

il y a 17 minutes, 430i a dit :

Can someone please double-check my math?

Seems right to me.

By plotting myself, I'm currently sitting at 5038 with a 90% winrate in seasons and by buying the medium and big card and without spending the card resources I finish at 12449.

This is considering 5 hard and 3 medium fights in the laby which is clearly easy to do.

Since the event should finish during the next MD, it should be safe to say that I will spend the fists from the cards during that (or during Matcha's MDR if it comes before that but after the PoA).

Also this doesn't account for any extra resources (season, PoV, PoA, pantheon, ...).

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 430i said:

I dont know exactly when the event ends and whether the combativity from the cards can be spend before that, so I wont calculate them.

2 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

Since the event should finish during the next MD, it should be safe to say that I will spend the fists from the cards during that (or during Matcha's MDR if it comes before that but after the PoA).

The SEM should end at 3rd so exactly with the reset, where the next MD starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to [ December 4th, 2023 ] Seasonal Event with Market - Heavenly blessed

Yeah, I've double-checked the date as well, and now I'm unsure when the optimal timing will be to pick up the koban cards (at least in my case).

For those who don't have MD Claudia, the regular MDR would be the obvious choice. But I already have her (and the past 12 MD girls) so regular MDR is no longer a thing for me.

We know they're going to give Matcha from Year One of MD her long-awaited special MDR soon, and I'm definitely going for her this time. It seems likely they'll throw this around Xmas, close enough to the end of SEM, which would be great. But I can't exactly count on it either. If it's next month instead, then this doesn't leave a great window of opportunity to benefit from the koban cards. Well, there's always PoA; it's not MD but it would still have synergy.