Questions about the Labyrinth

OmerB

All stats raise between floors: AP, defence, ego, harmony, also their GS5 skills and starting mana. Though I never really checked starting mana and mana regeneration of opponents, but on the higher floors, they cast their skills much earlier. Will have a closer look tomorrow.

AFAIK, along one floor, the difficulty of the same opponent type in average remains the same, while there is an RNG range, of course.

After watching a few fights in speed mode today, using different teams with all fully skilled girls, to see all of them in effect, which ones make a visible difference and which ones not:

• Submissive healing skill is of course by far the best. Though it has the little weakness, that with multiple submissive girls, often they heal all in 1-2 rounds, which means that often much healing is wasted. If CH finally raised mana regeneration, this could be much better used by e.g. 1-2 CH and 1-2 KH submissive girls, to have healing more split across multiple rounds.
  • I found the sensual shield also quite strong. It is only 32% of max ego shield vs 40% max ego healing (level 5 each), and affects only 3 girls, which can be also backline and midline, but usually 1 tank is shielded as well, and it is a nice extension to the healing, which can go above max ego. I.e. 2 submissive and 1 sensual is probably better than 3 submissive, where at least 1 healing is usually lost, while the shield is still effective.
  • The physical defence bonus does no recognisable difference. To all girls, yes, but +8% (level 5) is simply a pretty tiny bonus, weaker than higher rarity defence relics, come on ... I had 3 physical girls in one longer battle, but didn't have the time/mood to check whether their bonuses do actually stack. 3 rounds +32% would be at least something, but the damage numbers I observed did not go significantly down, hence I suspect they do not stack. The same question applies to the sensual shield skill: There are cases where the same girl gets a shield twice, but I am not sure whether this stacks or not. But it is not so relevant with 3/7 shielded girls, compared to 7/7 who become the defence buff.
  • With multiple submissive healers, to make more use of healing earlier and overall (splitting them across multiple rounds), the exhibitionist mana boost actually becomes somehow interesting: Where 3 submissive girls were often a waste, having one exhibitionist in the team had a good chance to make fully use of all healing (on the tanks) in the 2nd half of the battle. I am quite sure that this saved a few girls from getting tired this run.
  • While on the shorter battles before the update, where a battle was mostly done when skills were casted, the dominatrix slap was quite strong, finishing off the battle to reduce final damage to the own team/tanks. On the longer battles now, where skills are casted at least 2, sometimes 3 times, I would rate it less effective. I mean it is still about an extra attack, but often not done to the front most opponents, where you would want it, and overall I find it more helpful to have enough healers, shields and in case a mana booster, to keep the team/tanks alive. When some opponents are down, they are simply not able anymore to do more damage than the healers heal, hence the duration of the battle from then on does not matter anymore.
  • Eccentric burn skill has the same problem, but worse, and the damage seems lower as well. It became a little stronger compared to the dominatrix slap, since it was not affected by the doubled damage form before the update, but it is still much weaker, IMO.
  • I did not check mana steal and stun, but mostly found them to be annoying for my own team: No mana generation while girls are stunned, which can delay healing and hence be a reason for a tired tank, and with the mana steal it is essentially the same. The other way round stunning or stealing mana of your opponent healers, if there are multiple ones, can be a way to win. But if I understood correctly, opponent healing will be nerved to nothing: to 5%, or was it meant to be "by" 5%? If it is down to 5%, of course one does not need to worry about opponent healers anymore.
Edited by Horsting

Has anyone watched the numbers while using Eccentric girl skills?

Something that I've noticed is that it has a strange interaction when damaging a girl with an active shield. Sometimes the burn damage hits the shield and other times it ignores the shield and burns the Ego bar.

The skill description mentions that the burn damage is based on Ego and ignores defense, which I take to mean only that the skill's damage isn't diminished by the girl's Defense stat. I wouldn't expect it to bypass a shield, but I have seen it do so many times. It seems to happen 50/50 and I can't quite pin down what's causing it.

Maybe this was mentioned already, but I have a pretty basic question - does it matter how many bulbs are invested in the 5th skill of a legendary girl? Does the "labyrinth bonus" scale with the number of bulbs, same way as the "general bonus"?

1 hour ago, 430i said:

Maybe this was mentioned already, but I have a pretty basic question - does it matter how many bulbs are invested in the 5th skill of a legendary girl? Does the "labyrinth bonus" scale with the number of bulbs, same way as the "general bonus"?

I don't know if this applies to every skill (stun is very questionable) but for most of them the number of bulbs matters but the difference is much smaller. For example, legendary girl with maxed heal skill is only 75% more powerful than the one that has only level 1 of 5th skill. Every bulb after the first makes skill 25% more powerful (compared to level 1).

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 430i said:

does it matter how many bulbs are invested in the 5th skill of a legendary girl? Does the "labyrinth bonus" scale with the number of bulbs, same way as the "general bonus"?

yes

1.thumb.jpg.628fca28532e5e17ac860abd5c3ba2a9.jpg2.thumb.jpg.3076695dd887e70172699bde393b0826.jpg3.thumb.jpg.c4a95de7d50dd15ae446e8eebdf9c4ef.jpg

Posted (edited)

Is there a difference in the damage Charm, Know-how and Hardcore girls do if they have the same attack stat?

The same question about defence, are Charm girls better than other classes, if they're shown the same amount of defence? I mean, is there some kind of bonus for defence of Charm girls AFTER we get their defence stats?

Edited by OmerB

3 minutes ago, 430i said:

Is duck master additive? Meaning if you have two relics à 54% each you block 100% of the attacks?

Yes; while the best I've been able to get is 1x 90% or two 72% (on two different girls) they do make you a lot harder to get hit, you can still get hit by mana skills, like the domi "spank" and the eccentric "Burnout"

In my experience, just having one girl with 72% dodge is not enough to survive against later fights, while I was able to dodge about 3/4th of the attacks, eventually enough hits came in and took down the girl before healing or shielding was available.

Also if you happen to get 90% (mythic dodge move) or 100% (combination of relics) It's probably better to just run with 1 frontline girl, for a team of 6, as the other frontline girl without any dodge or defensive relics would be taken down easily.

TL;DR - Yes

• Hearts 1

30 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

Also if you happen to get 90% (mythic dodge move) or 100% (combination of relics) It's probably better to just run with 1 frontline girl, for a team of 6, as the other frontline girl without any dodge or defensive relics would be taken down easily.

Thanks! I tried exactly what you suggested against the floor 5 boss on hard. Team of 6, with the 100% dodge infront, 3 skilled submissive common girls and 2 skilled exhibitionist girls (mythic and epic). It took forever, but won the fight and the dodge girl survived, so I can confirm that it stacks additively.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, OmerB said:

Is there a difference in the damage Charm, Know-how and Hardcore girls do if they have the same attack stat?

The same question about defence, are Charm girls better than other classes, if they're shown the same amount of defence? I mean, is there some kind of bonus for defence of Charm girls AFTER we get their defence stats?

Previous versions of the labyrinth seemed to have a hidden modifier that gave a KH girl more damage per point in attack stat and Charm girls 2 Ego protection per 1 Defense stat. If that's what you're referring to, then No, those hidden modifiers no longer seem to apply.

While KH girls have higher Damage and Speed compared to an equal-level HC or Charm girl, the damage is from attacks is: Attacking Girl's Damage - Defending Girl's Defense = Ego reduction for Defending Girl.

So if you have girls with identical Damage or Defense stats, then they will hit or defend equally whether they are Know-how, Charm, or Hardcore.

• Like 2

Is anyone else having a bit of a problem with the current Final boss fight on floor 5 on Hard mode?  I took down the front two units and when I was fighting the final 3 on the bosses team for some reason that Draconic Stacy in the front position is tanking every single attack, which would be fine except for the fact that every single attack on her is dodged every single one, not a single hit.  I literally went through 10-15 full teams of girls fighting just this one girl and she just dodged every hit almost without fail.  This has to be a bug right?  She shouldn't have unlimited dodging power one attack occasionally sure fine but every attack from every girl every single turn is not fair.

Do we know how the offered relics are decided? Got today my first duck master run, which resulted fighting a lot of battles with the same team. Two of my girls got three girl specific relics each plus one relic for an other girl (seven total). I think I've never got so many. Maybe it's just a one of. Do you see more girl specific relics when fighting with same team (duck master run)?

14 minutes ago, Kissmydick said:

a question to players stronger than me, if i finish normal lab with about 20 girls left do i have any chance on hard, im 4 levels away from being able to try it

It would depend on your Relics but from someone who beat Normal easy on average with most of my girls left no issue and regularly beats Hard having to on average use at least 1 heart stone each time, no probably not for you.  I would recommend each reset of the Labyrinth buying 1 heart stone if they have one in stock for the point when you get strong enough for Hard since they are relatively inexpensive.   Opponents in Hard actually get insanely strong relatively early in Hard, like around level 3 average combined attack power for each fight is 10M-12M on every opponent.  I am learning about how OP ducking is reading this forum for the first time today so maybe if you get a decent group together but that requires early luck so...

What is the average attack power of your groups? mine are around 7M-9M. 

Opponent strength in the labyrinth is based on your girls, so one person's final boss may be 7mil while another might be 12 mil. But for both players, the final boss would have stats 120-140% of your girls. Don't quote me on the specific %, but they will always have much higher raw stats than your girls.

I haven't unlocked Hard mode myself yet, but I would probably say you should finish Normal with 20ish tired girls on an average run if you want to have a solid chance in Hard.

Though if you are only interested in accumulating coins, Hard Mode turns a profit if you can finish the 4th floor compared to Normal. So even if you get obliterated on the 5th floor, it might still be worth going Hard Mode just to focus on coin collecting.

excellent intel on the coin collection, i might just do that

i also only lose a lot of girls when i get lazy and just throw girls at the fights since my account is strong enough to win that way, hopefully hard i...well hard enough to give me a reason to strategize

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain what are all of these girl's stats (it is taken from CxH during a battle)?

image.png.451af28c33864a89ab640d5b253d8580.png

I understand Ego, Harmony, damage, defence and speed... What are the other three? One of them should be mana (I'm guessing that it's with the 20 points), and there are two more that I don't know what they are (with 35 and 0 points).

In order : Starting mana???, Mana regen, Speed, GS5.

The spell is cast when the mana pool is full.

Not quite sure about 1st one after seeing this on a starter girl :

image.png.ea6fa7a6bd183699f44795f12fb9408c.png

Starting mana in mana pool maybe ?

Edited by mdnoria

@mdnoria is correct.

The full bottle symbol on the top right is the amount of mana the girl starts the fight with.

The 2nd icon on the right with the half-full bottle that has flames around it is the amount of mana the girl gains each turn.

The bottom right icon refers to the number of points the girl has in her 5th skill. Depending on the girl's color, her skill will be different and the symbol will change to reflect her skill. A girl at 100 mana with no points in her 5th skill will perform a generic "Not So Serious Spank". The image @mdnoria posted seems to be from a Sensual/Blue girl with 1 point in her Protection/Shield skill.

I may be wrong, but from what I can tell, all our girls gain 20 mana per turn. Starting mana, on the other hand, is higher based on the girl's power and I think also tends to be higher for Know How girls compared to Charm/Hardcore. Girls who are being boosted by the week's blessings also have higher starting mana.

Unless your girl is starting with 40 mana (highest I've ever seen is only 35) then anything 20+ is equal. This is because any starting mana value of 20-39 will hit 100 mana after her 4th turn. Once a girl hits 100 mana, any mana beyond 100 is burned off with no additional effect when the girl triggers her skill. The exception to this is any mana beyond 100 given by an Exhibitionist/Green girl's skill, which remains and gives the girl a head start toward her next 100 mana.

Speed is mostly reliant on your Hero's Harmony stat combined with a girl's power. Know How girls once again tend to have higher speed than Charm/Hardcore girls. The girl's own harmony seems to have no effect on her speed, so picking up harmony relics doesn't make your girls faster.

• Like 1

Finish move except if you don't already have some rejuvenation in which case rejuv.

And if you already have 35%+ finish move and 15~18% rejuv then probably defender.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 1