Questions about the Labyrinth

OmerB

You mean the bulbs, right? I have not many mythics which give me any benefits (GS3-wise) in my teams, mostly 3 different ones for shield skill + 1 for stun, and they are all maxed already. With lots of mythics you swap every week it might be different, but I consequently keep all coins for girls. To get Takara only, most coins need to be used already, and there are revivals as well. An I do not want to overload the SM shop faster than I am able to empty it.

I just had a look, wow, what a great opportunity to cheaply buy the valuable rare bulbs, for the exact same price as legendary ones (which was 2 for 1200 coins, right?):

image.png.41f59844063ebbcd31e9843fd71341da.png

Talking about revivals, sometimes the game says just "no":

image.png.e1863d5b8ef9c053419715192776ccc2.png

Would make sense to exclude the Laby girl from the 2nd random slot.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, 430i said:

What does everyone think about the mythic orbs in the shop - are they worth the 1200 coins?

I assume you are referring to the mythic bulbs? I've also called them orbs on several occasions, and the rest of this reply is going to assume this is talking about the bulbs.

In my opinion they are, they are currently my main income of mythic bulbs, I've bought all that has appeared in the shop for me, a total of 5 or 6.
I've not been lucky with mythic bulbs from missions, and 1% from champion fights are exactly that, not too likely.

Some people have expressed concern that the laby girl is only there for 1 laby cycle (60 days) but if that is the case, then why would there even be a laby shop.
If people cannot spend coins on anything else if they want the girl it makes the whole thing irellevent.
Might aswell just make it so each completion gives you 4 shards, meaning you need to complete 25/30 laby's to get all your shards.

So yeah for me they are absolutely worth it, getting a stronger team not only for pvp, but also for the laby itself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In my eyes are only the shards worth at the moment. Only if you have a) got the active Lab Girl and b) no older 5* Girl potential avalaible there would be room for spending Labyrinth coins for other ressources.

After this I would say that heartstones and Mythic Bulbs are the most relevant rewards (perhaps the Koban too, but I don't remember how much Labyrinth coins you would need per purchase).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

In my eyes are only the shards worth at the moment. Only if you have a) got the active Lab Girl and b) no older 5* Girl potential avalaible there would be room for spending Labyrinth coins for other ressources.

After this I would say that heartstones and Mythic Bulbs are the most relevant rewards (perhaps the Koban too, but I don't remember how much Labyrinth coins you would need per purchase).

Kobans is a trap, they are not worth it at all.
30 kobans is 1200 coins, meaning you are spending 40 coins per koban.
Its much better the get a silver card instead, it costs you 1800 coins and gives you 60 kobans for 2 day, 120 total.
If you were to buy 120 kobans in the shop, you would need to grab 4 of the 30 koban deals, for a total of 4800 coins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 430i said:

What does everyone think about the mythic orbs in the shop - are they worth the 1200 coins?

So, the Mythic light bulbs as everyone else understood, right? For me, maybe in a very distant future.

For now, my top priority is revival shards, and then shards for the Laby exclusive girls.

On top of that, I don't grab as many coins as possible each run, as I focus on grabbing the extra PXP by doing maximum (hard) fights, as mentioned earlier. So the coins I do get are all the more precious, and I doubt using them on anything other than girl shards will even be a consideration for me anytime soon.

The Mythic light bulb at 1200 Laby coins is one of the better options among the other items, though. It's a precious resource and it's not overpriced. So if you're not focusing on girl shards for whatever reason, they seem like a pretty good deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EpicBacon said:

30 kobans is 1200 coins, meaning you are spending 40 coins per koban.
Its much better the get a silver card instead, it costs you 1800 coins and gives you 60 kobans for 2 day, 120 total.

I knew why I wrote "perhaps" and "I don't remember how much Labyrinth coins per purchase". 😁

I only remembered, that I saw that you could buy Kobans, but I didn't take a closer look so I didn't remember how much Koban to which costs.  😎

Sure, with this costs buying Kobans is absolutely not relevant and a card is much more valuable (beside the card gives you some other advantages too so... ).

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 3:56 AM, Horsting said:

Vigorous Motivation of course. The best AP boost for nearly all girls (commonly). If Finish Move would stack, and you have some more of them, its probably nice as well. But I think others found it to currently not stack (bug).

From the description of Finish move - it seems like a great relic to me. My girl attacks, does some damage, and then the opponents is immediately defeated (if the opponent girl has X below her max ego, which only needs a bit of damage to the opponent's girls).

Also, there are several kinds of relics that restores ego to our girls - I remember rejuvanation and something that is called something medic.

One restores ego to all girls, and the other only to active ones? One restores ego to the girls after they hit the opponent, and the other...?

IIRC, you recommended taking rejuvanation. What about the other one (something medic)?

4 hours ago, OmerB said:

From the description of Finish move - it seems like a great relic to me.

It IS. If you don't have one yet, then it might even be the pick. What @Horsting was pointing out is that it's bugged so if you have multiple copies of it (even with different rarities and numbers) they won't stack. So if you already have one, then you should avoid picking another.

Looking back at your question, I don't see the choices you mentioned in your latest post (maybe I've skipped another post since then?).

On 12/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, OmerB said:

What do you say about this choice of Relics?

image.thumb.png.37230a003ecc1df91a15b42b495db5b2.png

Out of these three, I'd also pick the right one easily. Even if I didn't have a Finish Move yet, actually. Most of your girls, and especially all of your DPS are basically at or near full life for most of the run, so this basically reads as just a flat +8% damage to all your DPS.

Harmony in the Middle is... middling? ^^ It's too unclear what Harmony does in this mode for me to be sure, honestly. I've picked Harmony buffs when the other choices sucked but I'm not sure what they do exactly.

About the ones that heal: by "active" they mean the girl whose turn it is. When it's the one that just heals the girl as soon as it's her turn (much better) or the one that heals her only when and if she gets the last hit on an enemy (still good but a lot less reliable; especially bad for Tanks imho). I don't recall any relic healing ALL girls, at least not at once. The one that just says "heals for ___" means "each girl once it's her turn (if she's still alive by then)".

5 hours ago, OmerB said:

Also, there are several kinds of relics that restores ego to our girls - I remember rejuvanation and something that is called something medic

Rejuvenation heals girl for the % of her lacking HP. In the best case, if the girl is almost "tired", this is about 15k HP (if one legendary relic). Opponents deal at least 30k with one attack - so this will not help her at all.

If we take Medicatation (or whatever it is) then at the moment, when defeating one of the enemy girls, the girl who dealt the last blow is completely healed, regardless of the percentage indicated in the description. It doesn’t always work as it should (after all, a girl in need of healing doesn’t always deliver the finishing blow), but this is a relic that you must have, otherwise your girls will not be healed in any way. Because Rejuvenation will NEVER be able to completely heal her health.

So there is practically no sense in Rejuvenation, and if you have a choice to take it or some comparable or better relic that deals damage, then it is better to take it. And after receiving Medicatation of any quality, you don’t have to take another one.

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

I don't recall any relic healing ALL girls, at least not at once

There is not a relic, but an ability of the 5th skill that heals all untired girls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Master-17 said:

There is not a relic, but an ability of the 5th skill that heals all untired girls

Thanks! I must admit I have yet to look at what the various GS5s do in Labyrinth, since I initially thought it wouldn't matter much since I typically only have a few girls fully skilled for PvP so they're a drop in the bucket out of the 70 we select. But in practice, aside from the front line which I must replace fairly often, most runs I end up using the same 4-5 girls throughout. So I should definitely look this up and make sure to pick my girls with a GS5 that's useful in the mode.

We can see what each GS5 does on any girl's page now, right?

EDIT: Yop, and oh boy, they went all out with 8 brand-new unique skills, one per element, just for the Labyrinth (whereas there are only 4 each shared by 2 elements in the BDSM system). It doesn't seem that a clean list was posted in the main thread (the closest I could find was a post by Horsting describing some of them). So I'll go and post it there now that I've done it.

For reference (all descriptions rephrased by yours truly for more clarity):

AND NOW FOR THE LABYRINTH:

Blue: PROTECTION Shield 3 other team members for (_%) of their max HP (picked at random)

Red: BURNOUT Damages 2 random opponents for 5% of (their?) max HP for 3 rounds (bypassing Defense)

Dark: SPANK! Deal 100% of Attack damage to a random opponent

Yellow: LOVESTRUCK Has (_%) chance to Stun 2 random opponents for 2 rounds

Orange: REASSURANCE Gives +(_%) Defense to all team members for 4 rounds

White: RECOVERY Heal EVERYONE (alive) for (_%) of their max HP

Green: MANA BOOST Gives +24 Mana to 2 other team members (picked at random)

Purple: MANA STEAL Steals (_%) of the current Mana from all opponents

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

• 2 weeks later...

What do the lines (Front, middle, Back) affect? Only the probabilty of the girls to be attacked?
Like, the front line girls will be attacked mostly by the opponent, while the back line girls will seldom be attacked?

Or does it affect other things?
I read that I should put Mages (or tanks) in the front line, and KH girls (maybe also Mages) in the idle and back lines.
But what else should I consider? For example, if I'm puting KH girls on the middle and back lines, which should I put where? Should I put those with more total power (as shown by the game) on the back or more up front? Until now, I was puting the girls who had more power (as shown by the game) more up front, going from the front to the back.

54 minutes ago, OmerB said:

What do the lines (Front, middle, Back) affect? Only the probabilty of the girls to be attacked?

From what I understand, it's a bit more than that. Your girls in the Mid line only become targets once your Front line girls are dead, and then your Back line only gets hit once your Mid line has fallen. Or something close to that, at least (I think girls behind the Front line can still get damaged by special skills, but not directly targeted by attacks as long as the Front line hasn't fallen).

I read that I should put Mages (or tanks) in the front line, and KH girls (maybe also Mages) in the idle and back lines.
But what else should I consider?

Not much. Currently, HC girls are useless in Labyrinth because of the bugs and CH are actually the closer we have to Tanks (even if they're hardly real Tanks by any reasonable standards from any game with similar mechanics I can think of). KH are the best DPS and also the fastest, which is ideal except for tanking.

Until now, I was puting the girls who had more power (as shown by the game) more up front, going from the front to the back.

The power level a girl has in the rest of the game means zilch (or very nearly zilch) in a Laby run.

Right now, my PvP team consists of 2 CH, 2 KH and 3* HC girls. Even though Blessings don't count at all in Labyrinth, GG pieces and other buffs and effects do (most importantly, GS5), so of course I've tried using my 3* HC  girls who are maxed out and currently wearing most of my best Girl Gear. They still performed WAY worse than any random KH or CH girls without any light bulb or gear on them. ^^

So now I'm ONLY using my top KH and CH girls according to the Laby selection, and no HC girl at all, not even if I had a full HC team for PvP with all of my light bulbs and GG pieces on them. I would recommend the same.

As or throwing in an extra Tank (so actually a CH/"Mage", not HC/"Tank") or two in the Mid line, some people seem to feel safer that way, but I found it only makes my team weaker. Exactly 2 CH girls in the Front, and only KH girls for the other 5 slots is what I'm running all the time, and I would also recommend it.

Just to be on the extra safe side, I'm putting my best two KH girls in the Back line, and the next best three in the middle. This can matter particularly for Boss or some particularly spicy Red-tier battles where the opponent is almost guaranteed to have the initiative and it's very unlikely my two tanks pieces of fodder in the Front line survive even if they start the fight at 100% HP (and even if they have multiple Defense or Dodge relics).

Edited by DvDivXXX

3 minutes ago, jelom said:

Hardcore girls are not so good as Charm as tanks, but you can use them as fodder in the front line too, thus they are not useless, you can play with them.

That's semantics. They're legal to use, but there's no valid reason to use them. So in short, familiar gamer's language, they're what we call useless.

As I said, CH girls are already fodder in their own right, and they're a bit slower to die than HC ones. I can and do use them as such, and there's no benefit from using weaker ones even as fodder, is there?

All you need is:

• 10 to 20 KH girls (being extra super duper conservative). Concretely, only 5 will see play in most runs. I never lost more than 2, so even taking 10 is more than needed.
  • Everything else as CH girls, aka kind of "tanks" but not really, aka fodder to be replaced frequently to keep the front line full.
  • Zero HC girls (because anything you can do with them, you can do better with CH ones instead).

Unless you mean from the perspective of someone who wouldn't have enough CH girls at max level to fill the 50-60 slots as front-line fodder? In that case, sure, they could use HC girls to round out their line-up. I doubt this would still be relevant to someone like Omer by now, though?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Unless you mean from the perspective of someone who wouldn't have enough CH girls at max level to fill the 50-60 slots as front-line fodder? In that case, sure, they could use HC girls to round out their line-up. I doubt this would still be relevant to someone like Omer by now, though?

I don't have enough ch girls at max level to fill up the 70 slots, even when I throw in all my tank girls, its not enough and I have to fill up the rest with Kh girls that I will never use :o

• Surprised :O 1

8 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

I don't have enough ch girls at max level to fill up the 70 slots, even when I throw in all my tank girls, its not enough and I have to fill up the rest with Kh girls that I will never use :o

Seriously? You? You don't have 50-ish CH girls at max level? Based on your posts, collection, D3 results and so on (just the fact you've started in freaking 2017, you're in Holy's club, etc.) I wouldn't have guessed in a million years you weren't far beyond that threshold. I mean, just the PvP-relevant CH girls in the game add up to way more than 50: there are 12 M6s, 64 L5s, 1 E5, 3 R5s, 5 C5s and 2 Starting C5s (or 7 C5s for short, they cost the same in gems, which is peanuts, but the two versions of OG Juliette are even cheaper in books, gifts and Ymens than regular Commons).

I'm very surprised. Have I somehow incorrectly assumed you have a 1k+ veteran collection for some reason? Or did you keep specializing in one of the other two classes far beyond the BDSM patch that made girl classes irrelevant to PvP usability (I'm guessing the latter, and also guessing KH specifically since you seem to imply you don't have 50-60 maxed out girls even with CH and HC combined)?

1 hour ago, jelom said:

I meant that at the current difficulty level of the labyrinth there is not a great difference in selecting KH or CH, and from the perspective of spending less time auto select gives me a lot of KH that are perfectly valid for the mission.

Fair enough, but at the current difficulty you could pick a friend or coworker at random among those who have never seen the game, explain the very basics of Labyrinth to them (which if they've ever played any rogue-lite game would take about 1 minute) and ask them to play the run for you (with your collection and account power, obviously, not on their own new account ^^) and still complete it, no problem.

Most of the strategy, tips and tricks we're sharing isn't needed to beat the super easy, barely an inconvenience Easy mode we have right now. But it will all become valuable as soon as they add other difficulties and/or fix some major bugs and revert the temporary patch that makes all the opponents weaker than they're supposed to be even for the Easy mode. It's good practice to train and go through trial and error on those things right now, as we have a lot of wiggle room since it's basically impossible to lose if you have a veteran account, as long as you replace girls as soon as they die and don't take bugged relics that kill you.

---

PS: Those of us who play it seriously even in the current state of the feature as a practice mode with training wheels on get a chance to build good habits and familiarize ourselves with the feature as much as possible while it's safe. It will come in handy later on when we will actually need to take it seriously to complete runs.

I'm concerned that those who just auto-select and auto-play it without paying too much attention right now because we essentially have a practice mode with training wheels on will forge bad habits instead and struggle or need a crash course stat when they will actually have to take it seriously to complete runs.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Seriously? You? You don't have 50-ish CH girls at max level? Based on your posts, collection, D3 results and so on (just the fact you've started in freaking 2017, you're in Holy's club, etc.) I wouldn't have guessed in a million years you weren't far beyond that threshold. I mean, just the PvP-relevant CH girls in the game add up to way more than 50: there are 12 M6s, 64 L5s, 1 E5, 3 R5s, 5 C5s and 2 Starting C5s (or 7 C5s for short, they cost the same in gems, which is peanuts, but the two versions of OG Juliette are even cheaper in books, gifts and Ymens than regular Commons).

When I get around to do my laby run, I'll check on the number of girls, I'll get back to you with specific numbers

I don't reset bulbs, I'm using one universal team. I am also strictly F2P. 
I have 1363 girls according to the game, but I do skip a lot of girls If I have no interest in them.

@DvDivXXX Updated girl info

Edit:
Okay did have a check in the labyrinth selection screen. Seems I have 86 girls at level 750.
30 of these are damage dealers (kh)
29 of these are tanks (hc)
27 of these are mages (ch)

Edit2: Princess Noemy was hiding further down, she is 750 and mage, bringing the mage total up to 27, and total girls to 86
Alltho it worth nothing that several other legendary 5* that is not max level has better.... uuh... whatever stats the laby thinks are important over Noemy

Edited by EpicBacon
additional data
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm concerned that those who just auto-select and auto-play it without paying too much attention right now because we essentially have a practice mode with training wheels on will forge bad habits instead and struggle or need a crash course stat when they will actually have to take it seriously to complete runs.

I'm concerned about the huge amount of time this game is taking away from me, so I just try to pass the labyrinth as fast as possible, but be sure that I am taking note of all that is said in the forum, and I am also learning by playing, but of course not by observing all the detailed steps of the battle.

When things change I will adapt accordingly ... at my usual slow pace as with all features of the game.

And if later on the difficulty increases a lot making harder to finish even the easy mode then this feature will pass from being one of the most loved to one of the most hated.

• Like 5

Currently bugged relics:

"Defeat Medication" relic does not trigger when opponent is taken out with "Finish Move" relic.
This has been reported and confirmed to be a bug, and will be fixed at some point

Fixed Relics:

Critical Thinking (all)
The correct % damage is added to critical damage and is working as intended.

Critical Thinking (target)
The correct % damage is added to critical damage, and is working as intended.

Protective Bubble
Now reduces damage instead of increasing it, It does stack in series, meaning that each additional relic will be less effective then the previous one, still one of the best relics, as percentage based damage reduction is really strong.

Defeat Medication
Now heals the girl correctly based on the % on the relic, instead of to the full amount.
Does not currently work with "Finish move" relic, resulting in no ego gain if "Finish Move" triggers and takes out an opponent girl

Finish Move 
Now should stack up to 40%
This is a really strong effect, reducing the amount of damage you need to do to finish a fight.
Does not currently work with "Defeat Medication" (see above)

Protection Assist 
No longer able to hit opponent girls, making this relic a lot better.
Due to the randomness of the targeting, you can have battles where it shields girls that are never in the line of fire. Can stack.

Curse 
Now correctly makes the affected opponent girl take more damage, the effect can stack if you have several.
Still not a great relic, since it only affects one girl, any relevant damage relic will be a better option.

Edited by EpicBacon
Updated with fixed relics
  • Thanks 12
  • Boner time! 🍆 1
  • uwu 1

9 minutes ago, Horsting said:

@EpicBacon

Thanks, this is a helpful overview. Do you know whether they have all been reported to KK via Discord? Not sure how to effectively find out about this in a flooded lengthy single bug report chat.

no idea, feel free to get this forwarded if you have the means, I am not on the official discord

Edited by EpicBacon
additional info

26 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

image.png.80f5fbd698ba775756ce58de7dcc530a.png

I hope it helps.

Thanks, yeah it would be nice if this helps them figure out stuff and gets the relics sorted out.

You do give me too much credit tho, Sure I wrote up this piece here, and I've done a bit of testing, this has been a team effort from the start.
And you have people like @Horsting who had allready done the damage math and protective bubble thing by the time I started.
There has been lots of other people contributing too, people like @DvDivXXX @madahmed and @CulturedCrow , and thats just from the top of my head, If I were to go back into the thread, there are many names I could add to that list.

And just in the last week, several people have stepped up to the plate, wanting to figure out that "double attack" relic, this makes me really happy, since I despise that relic, everytime I run a test on it, something weird happens, the new data does not fit the old, or some new strange interaction with other relics or dead/alive girl happens.

So even tho I might not have mentioned you all by name, you have my thanks.

salute.gif

• Thanks 2