Questions about the Labyrinth

OmerB

More important that this theoretical power value is the speed IMO. Choose the one where your girls' turns are significantly earlier, if there is a difference. It makes a huge difference whether your girls are all attacking first and likely bringing down one of the opponent's girls before her turn, or whether it is the other way round.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 3

I don't think the difficulty of the opponent has much to do with the obtainable relics.

Guess those are just as RNG as anything else in this game.

Although obviously girls in the fight team are prefered to appear in relics.

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 2

From my experience there is a correlation between oppontes difficulty and the level of the relics. Easy opponents have a much higher chance to give you common or rare relics, while heavy opponents give normaly Legendary or Mythic relics. Not, thats impossible to get rare equip out of a heavy opponent, but it's anything than normal and definitly not as likely than from an easy opponent.

• Like 4
  • Surprised :O 1

5 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

From my experience there is a correlation between oppontes difficulty and the level of the relics.

Same here. I never thought there was a doubt about this, guess it was never discussed and I just assumed it already from test server times.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 5:58 PM, Telum said:

When I'm in this dilemma, I always choose the easiest route (6.33M, in this case), thinking that the damage my girls sustain will be less and the relics the same. 
Is my thought correct?

laby.png

While Bolitho and Horsting aren't wrong, I think they might have missed a nuance in your question. I've asked myself the exact same thing really early on and I've checked, so I'd rather clarify.

1. The level of difficulty of an opponent determines the amount of rewards, including the offered relics' rarity. As in, a "Red Difficulty" (Hard) opponent gives more XP, Kisses and/or Fists and higher-rarity relics than a "Yellow Difficulty" (Medium) one, who in turn drops more and better stuff than "Green Difficulty" (Easy), and of course "Blue Difficulty" (Super Easy, Barely an Inconvenience) drops are the smallest and less valuable, and "Dark Red Difficulty" (Super Hard? well, just "Boss" really) rewards are also in their own unique bracket (main reward being a ton of Laby coins, and for the Bosses of the first two floors, typically a selection of Mythic or at least Legendary relics).

HOWEVER:
  2. For a given difficulty level (eg Red/Hard difficulty in this example), the specific numbers, stats and anything else you can see on a given opponent don't change anything for your rewards. These two red opponents will give you the exact same amount of XP, Kisses and/or Fists, and also a selection of relics exactly on the same level, even if one of the two is technically harder to beat than the other. And it's always true: here, the difference is very small, but I've seen Red/Hard opponents as low as about 5M and as high as ~7M "overall power", I guess, and they still gave the exact same rewards.

TL;DR: For the quality and quantity of rewards (including relics), only the difficulty level of an opponent matters (eg Hard, Medium, Easy etc.). Two opponents of the same "difficulty" (eg two opponents who appear in Red, or Yellow or Green etc.) will drop identical rewards regardless of their specific stats.

Hope this helps (and that this was indeed what you were wondering about in the first place ^^). Cheers.

• Like 4

On 1/25/2024 at 5:58 PM, Telum said:

When I'm in this dilemma, I always choose the easiest route (6.33M, in this case), thinking that the damage my girls sustain will be less and the relics the same. 
Is my thought correct?

laby.png

Somehow I missed this post, and didn't see it until now. 
I like to map out my route before I do any fight, and I don't know how the entire stage looks like, but based on this screenshot alone, I would go for the 6.62 fight, because that opens the way for another hard (red) fight after it. If I go for the 6.33 fight, I cannot get to the hard (red) fight and have to chose between a yellow and one tile that is not in the screenshot.

• Like 2

Adding onto yesterdays post, I decided to screenshot and map out my preferred route thru the floor1 labyrinth.
image.thumb.jpeg.fc1e087d7a45a8dcc72320a63531260c.jpeg
Here you can see the route I scoped out before starting, I value fights over coins and I want to do as many hard fights as possible. The biggest choice for me was like in @Telums post I replied to yesterday. The first fight of the floor. I chose the more difficult fight here (this does not really matter here, as its the first fight of the run, but this could both be hard fights on later floors) as choosing the more difficult one sets me up to chose between any of the hard fights afterwards. I can then chose the easiest of those two without disrupting my preferred route through the labyrinth. If i chose the easier fight here, then I would have no choice but to take the middle hard fight to proceed according to plan.

Turns out that in the end it did not matter, as the easier fight was the middle one. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d5790cf06ab6ef6d72a163694d0a89fe.jpeg
This actually makes me wonder; are the hard fights always going to be towards the top of the labyrinth? I've never considered this before, my Floor 1 layout has all the medium fights concentrated at the top layer. I will keep an eye out and look at both map and fights themselves to see if the harder ones tends to be the top choice. Interesting.

Edited by EpicBacon
Grammar, editing, additional information, etc
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, EpicBacon said:

I value fights over coins and I want to do as many hard fights as possible.

A man after my own heart!

1 hour ago, EpicBacon said:

This actually makes me wonder; are the hard fights always going to be towards the top of the labyrinth? I've never considered this before, my Floor 1 layout has all the medium fights concentrated at the top layer.

I've never noticed much consistency in the distribution of opponents across the map by difficulty, except that the first two fights are always Easy/Blue (at least on Floor 1).

I'm about to play my Laby run now, I'll have a look.

EDIT: @EpicBacon done.

---

Floor 1

image.png

The usual? Two blues at the start and only at the start. A couple of reds pretty early on, and the rest is about 2/3 greens and yellows.

No way to avoid one of the two wings at the end right before the boss... V_v (I guess that's the trade-off so that those who want to grab all bags of coins can). And no way to grab both reds either. So...

image.png

---

Floor 2

image.png

More reds and they're scattered a bit everywhere, actually.

---

Floor 3

image.png

Pretty even, with a bit less reds near the end, but not sure it's significant.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:44 PM, DvDivXXX said:

While Bolitho and Horsting aren't wrong, I think they might have missed a nuance in your question. I've asked myself the exact same thing really early on and I've checked, so I'd rather clarify.

Yeah, I see now that my question was not very detailed. 😅
I wanted to know what y'all do when the two paths both have the same difficulty level girls, exactly because (as you so eloquently wrote) the end rewards will be the same. ✌️

On 2/1/2024 at 12:44 PM, DvDivXXX said:
  1. [...] and of course "Blue Difficulty" (Super Easy, Barely an Inconvenience) drops are the smallest and less valuable

I see what you did there. Wow, wow, wow, wow. Wow. 🤘

21 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

I would go for the 6.62 fight, because that opens the way for another hard (red) fight after it. 

Yeah, that's what I do, as well, unless there's a coin sachel I can get.
Why do you prefer fights over coins? As I can easily beat the Laby even with the worst possible girl combinations, I have no real need for Relics, so I opt to go for the only currency I cannot get anywhere else - Laby coins. After that, I go for the hardest opponents.
On the Floor you posted, my path would be the following (blue line):

laby.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

27 minutes ago, Telum said:

Yeah, I see now that my question was not very detailed. 😅
I wanted to know what y'all do when the two paths both have the same difficulty level girls, exactly because (as you so eloquently wrote) the end rewards will be the same. ✌️

I see what you did there. Wow, wow, wow, wow. Wow. 🤘

Yeah, that's what I do, as well, unless there's a coin sachel I can get.
Why do you prefer fights over coins? As I can easily beat the Laby even with the worst possible girl combinations, I have no real need for Relics, so I opt to go for the only currency I cannot get anywhere else - Laby coins. After that, I go for the hardest opponents.
On the Floor you posted, my path would be the following (blue line):

laby.jpeg

I am not looking for the labyrinth girl, neither the art or her element are that interesting to me. I just value the Xp, kisses and combativity more. I am spending my coins on Mythic bulbs, Having more bulbs is worth more to me right now, then then a girl that does not fit into any of my teams at this point, this ofcource  could change in the future.

Coins on floor 2 and floor 3 are also more valuable then coins at floor 1.
Floor 1 coins are worth 28, floor2 56 (x2) and floor 3 is 84 (x3)
That means skipping coins on floor 1 for hard fights are better then doing so on floor 3, this is if one is going for a more balanced combination of the two. I used to try to get 2 coins from each floor, but swapped at some point, especially with the constant Seasonal bullshit events, any extra kisses are nice.

Speaking of coins, you would have liked my floor3, 4 hard figths, and all the coins are in positions where you could skip medium fights for them.
image.thumb.jpeg.401467b8c119891171f45d87d1b6a742.jpeg

Edited by EpicBacon
Called bulbs "orbs" changed picture from Png to jpeg
  • Like 3

Finished my run, and yeah I could not find anything to collaborate my hypothesis.
image.thumb.jpeg.5d2fdc277fca9f66a10a59ceb8cbab06.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.b37732518c33b7b371a21427b75ede30.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.cbdaf9e2b7712280402f0b7235c29f3e.jpeg
The first battles at the start always seemed to have the more difficult one at the top, but as you see at my 3rd floor starting position and in @DvDivXXX's post in his 2nd floor, the harder battle was in the lower position.
Sorry for wasting everyones time, I'll be over here in the corner if anyone needs me :o

Each one can have their preferences and skip coin bags for more kisses and fists, but I will just remind you of the long run impact of that trade-off.

If you just skip first  floor bags, they amount to 28x3=84 laby coins daily, 84x15=1210 coins monthly, 84x182=15288 coins yearly.

For the second floor the numbers are 168 coins daily, 2420 coins monthly and 30576 coins yearly.

And the third floor amounts to 252 coins daily, 3630 coins monthly, and 45864 coins yearly.

Finally adding all of them, the totals are 504 coins daily, 14520 7560 coins monthly and 91980 coins yearly.

With 91980 coins you can buy 140 shards of the laby girl or 128 shards of other L5 girls. And remember that some of the L5 girls are way hard to complete by other means.

You can argue that bosses' coins greatly multiply that amount (1600 daily, 24000 monthly, 291000 yearly equivalent to 440 shards of laby girls or 400 shards of other L5 girls), but remember this is a grind game where each resource counts.

Edited by jelom
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, Jelom. That's very interesting, and much more than I expected.

To be fair, it's not just the extra Kisses and Fists but also the extra Player XP that makes me want to pick more hard fights instead of grabbing the coin bags. But reading your calculations for how many coins I'm missing out on... I'm not so sure it's worth it (especially since I have a LOT of L5s I want to slooowly complete with Laby coins, now and for the foreseeable future).

I'd need to calculate how many extra Fists, Kisses and especially how much extra PXP I'm getting by avoiding the coins, just to get a better idea. But my gut feeling is that this wasn't my best decision and I would probably benefit more from the extra coins in the long run.

• Like 1

il y a 40 minutes, jelom a dit :

If you just skip first  floor bags, they amount to 28x3=84 laby coins daily, 84x15=1210 coins monthly, 84x182=15288 coins yearly.

For the second floor the numbers are 168 coins daily, 2420 coins monthly and 30576 coins yearly.

And the third floor amounts to 252 coins daily, 3630 coins monthly, and 45864 coins yearly.

Finally adding all of them, the totals are 504 coins daily, 14520 coins monthly and 91980 coins yearly.

It's every other day and not daily.

Also I don't know how you calculated your total line for monthly, I arrive at 7560 coins (=504x15).

So in short, every other month, you are skipping 20 shards by skipping all the coin bags.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'd need to calculate how many extra Fists, Kisses and especially how much extra PXP

If you just traded all bags for red hard fights, then you would get a maximum of 9x3 = 27 kisses and 27 fists more for each run. PXP I guess it could be around 10000 but i don't have the amount for each tipe of fight so I can be wrong.

As some of the fights would be inevitably yellows or even green, you can think of 21-24 kisses and 12-15 fists more for each run as an average.

• Like 1

Hmm, yeah the numbers do add up in the end, I will probably consider to take coins over green fights, especially on floor 2 and 3, and maybe even some yellow, depending on the layout of the stage.

Thanks for all the input on this, much appreciated. 

12 hours ago, mdnoria said:

It's every other day and not daily.

I raised an eyebrow at "daily" too, but since Jelom multiplied his "daily" totals by 15 for a monthly estimate and so on, he simply meant "per run" by that, not "every day". Except for the monthly total that was almost twice too much, so for that one I guess he got temporarily confused and doubled the multiplier. ^^ It's nice that you spotted the error (and thanks Jelom for editing your post accordingly).

His yearly estimate was already correct, though: 504x365/2 = 91,980. And that's what he based the shard estimates on. So you're both right in terms of ballpark (and that's more than enough for me). So the total amount of shards I'm missing out on by skipping all the coin bags is a bit more than 10 per month slash 120 per year (for other L5s), and closer to 12 per month slash 140 per year for the Laby exclusives.

That's a lot. Considering a new Laby exclusive gets added every 3 months, so 4 of them per year, AND I already have a significant queue of partial L5s to complete (which will only grow overtime)... This seems like a clear mistake on my part. Granted, I'm getting some other resources as a trade-off, but unlike Laby coins, I can get those from plenty of other sources (except for PXP, but still).

11 hours ago, jelom said:

If you just traded all bags for red hard fights, then you would get a maximum of 9x3 = 27 kisses and 27 fists more for each run. PXP I guess it could be around 10000 but i don't have the amount

The PXP for a red fight is around 1.2k apiece, so that sounds about right too. And it's way less for yellow fights (only around 700) and I'm not sure about green fights.

So, hypothetical best case scenario in which I'd get a red fight for every coin bag I skip (which is of course never the case), that's at best around 10k PXP per run, 150k PXP per month, 1.825M per year. Every extra level takes me around 360k PXP now (and it keeps growing although not exponentially as it used to, thankfully), so that's maybe 5 extra Hero levels per year.

More realistically, 3 or 4 extra Hero levels a year, since the extra fights are almost never going to all be red ones. Along with:

11 hours ago, jelom said:

As some of the fights would be inevitably yellows or even green, you can think of 21-24 kisses and 12-15 fists more for each run as an average.

So, roughly 11 extra Kisses and 7 extra Fists a day. We could estimate what that adds up to per month or per year, but it wouldn't make as much sense since these are consumables and not resources I can just stash for ages without missing out.

All in all, it doesn't seem worth the trade-off at all. :$

PXP wise, just the koban path of PoG adds up to 115k a month that I'm not getting anyway (while whales probably can afford 5.4k kobans just for the PXP and extra goodies, including even if they already have all the PoG girls too). Besides, even 5 levels a year wouldn't reduce the gap significantly between me and those already at Hero level 660+ (and even if it did, we're all slowly headed towards the new Level 1000 cap anyway, and speeding that up a tiny bit over years isn't really impactful).

Kisses and Fists, well it's even worse. Outside of events they're not adding all that much to my daily routine. During events, I typically need to spend a lot of kobans over on refills anyways, and within a couple of days or a bit longer, so at best this strategy might spare me a few hundred kobans per event.

All of the above combined doesn't compare to more than a full extra L5 a year. Especially since these are typically the hardest L5s to get, and shards are bought 20 at a time with multiple girls I'm trying to complete in parallel, so getting more coins out of each Laby run will give me more flexibility and convenience for that goal (it's better than if I had to sit on them for a year and then get a girl in one go).

Thanks a LOT again, this helped me greatly and I've completely changed my mind on this decision thanks to you! From now on, I'll go for all the coin bags I can. <3

PS: It's a bit of a first for me, but I ran out of reaction smileys again! ^^ Two days in a row.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Considering a new Laby exclusive gets added every 3 months, so 4 of them per year, AND I already have a significant queue of partial L5s to complete (which will only grow overtime)... This seems like a clear mistake on my part

At the time Labyrinth started there was a comment that after 60 Days there will be a new Labyrinth Girl, so more 6 than 4 Girls per year

1 minute ago, bolitho76 said:

At the time Labyrinth started there was a comment that after 60 Days there will be a new Labyrinth Girl, so more 6 than 4 Girls per year

Oh damn, you're right. They're adding the second girl tomorrow and the feature was released in early December (not counting its time on the test server), so that fits. I can't believe it's only been two months! ^^

Okay, so this means my bad decision (skipping coin bags) was even worse than I just realized today. All the more reason to change it. Thanks!

5 hours ago, 430i said:

I am still of the opinion that during Mega Event, where kisses give 2 points, its better to take the fights and not the bags.

Depends. LR and HA I get all 4 girls without those few extra Xtals and without spending extra kobans for Xtals. And in SE those few extra Xtals will still not get me even close to the 4th girl, while the 3rd is free in any case now.

So no, I never saw and still do not see any argument (for my particular case/play style) to skip coin bags for extra kisses/villains/PXP, and I see this underlined by the math done here (thanks for this guys).

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

You did not finish Takara before? EDIT: Ah clearly not, based on the amount of your coins.

At least, if you got 20 shards, she can appear as second girl, just more expensive.

Edited by Horsting

First, I'm not doing that much math on this game as some of you, but I did check a simple thing about the XP from Laby fights - 2 Epic opponents give the same amount of XP as a hard and easy opponents, for @DvDivXXX.

Now, back into the team selection - I started making a team of 1 Ch, 1 HC (at the front line), and 5 KH girls (at the back lines) for few weeks. As it's the easy mode, I don't see any big impact.

When choosing which girls to pick from each class, I'm just taking those with the highest power (and mostly the healthy ones) according to the game. Now, if I want to have the girls that will do the greatest damage (so with the highest attack), is it enough to pick them by this power rating? Or do I need to check the attack stat of each girl (which will take a long time)... 🤔

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, garadron said:

Didn't they say that Lab will follow the League/C-Champion system of how girls are available? I got shards for the new one that isn't even visible in Harem

Same here. I haven't picked any shard for the first Laby exclusive (Tanaka?) and yet the new one (Jun?) appeared in the first slot in her place when she got added this morning for me too:

image.png

Right now, I'm not sure what's happening exactly. It could be that the first slot is reserved for Laby exclusives, but that it rotates randomly between those available with every Market refresh, just like the second slot does for other L5s (that we have shards for already). At least that's my hope.

If so, it would still be pretty close to the CC and LG system as in you don't miss out on past exclusive girls if you haven't finished them before the next one is added, while also having a bit of the Laby flair with the RNG selection for each refresh. Allowing us to choose which girl to prioritize among the exclusives too, rather than having to complete Girl #1 to access Girl #2 and so on.

But I have no confirmation or info either way. It could also be a mix-up and those who didn't pick any shards for Tanaka yet no longer have the opportunity to do so (which would also mean we need to hurry up for Jun before she disappears in two months and so on). This would contradict what's been announced, though.

Fingers crossed, and I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

Let's share the first screenshot for one of us where Tanaka shows up again even though Jun is out?

• Like 1