How you doing in the "League"

casey

4 hours ago, Damoncord said:

Part of me is looking at how much I'm fighting to be in the top 15 of Sexpert 1 and wondering how hard Sexpert 2 is gonna be.  I'm beginning to think sticking around 16 could be a good strategy for me.

If I'm 16-30 in Sexpert 1 I'm gonna get 114 Kobans, If I go up to Sexpert 2 with the stronger players I'm gonna have to maintain in the top 45 to get the same or better rewards.

First week of S2 is going to be like the first week of S1 was - koban spenders rocketing to the top positions and staying there all week. I just did the numbers and I'm way better off holding back to skip promotion this week and then only moving up once there's more than a single S2 league so the spenders are thinned out a bit. Based purely on fighting I'm pretty much guaranteed #1 unless one of 3 or 4 other players are in my league, and they're ones who look like they're aiming for promotions. So I reckon it's 114 this week and 960 next week, or 192 this week and 228(?) next week. 1074 if I hold back, or 420 if I decide to promote. Simple choice.

5 minutes ago, BoogerStick said:

First week of S2 is going to be like the first week of S1 was - koban spenders rocketing to the top positions and staying there all week. I just did the numbers and I'm way better off holding back to skip promotion this week and then only moving up once there's more than a single S2 league so the spenders are thinned out a bit. Based purely on fighting I'm pretty much guaranteed #1 unless one of 3 or 4 other players are in my league, and they're ones who look like they're aiming for promotions. So I reckon it's 114 this week and 960 next week, or 192 this week and 228(?) next week. 1074 if I hold back, or 420 if I decide to promote. Simple choice.

Based on the numbers of leagues we have now, we actually expect there to be 2 sexpert II brackets next week that'll be much closer to 100 in size than the first sexpert I bracket was. That still gives a relatively high chance of having the top end players show up though with all their strong gear denying you a top 4 spot though

13 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Based on the numbers of leagues we have now, we actually expect there to be 2 sexpert II brackets next week that'll be much closer to 100 in size than the first sexpert I bracket was. That still gives a relatively high chance of having the top end players show up though with all their strong gear denying you a top 4 spot though

2x105 to be exact. so you don't even need to buy a full refill to do every fight. the top rankings will be held by the whales who claim their score early on ofc.

14 hours ago, Urist said:

And I've stumbled onto the perfect example of what I'm talking about:

1516823423_wellmatched.thumb.png.10dcfc06544333cb36c0a6f4435cd237.png

My opponent has the better team, but I've got the market upgrades. This gives me the edge on defense and harmony, while my opponent has better ego and damage. We're well balanced on gear too, 3 legendaries and 3 epics each. I'd actually give the edge to my opponent in this instance, his gear being higher level than mine:

1669526853_Balancedgear.thumb.png.87af53dfe15c1b039ff90401f4b116f8.png

But in the end, it was likely simply the first strike advantage that won me the match with 33k ego left:

Victory.thumb.png.202eacb5d569c75772799c39628116b1.png:

He has less Know-how than you but he does more damage than you.
The higher damage really helps out which is what makes 5-star girls worth upgrading also he has more ego/health than you from having a 5-star girl as well.

Edited by natstar

You kinda missed my point there, I was arguing for cost efficiency rather than raw power gain. Of course it's best to have both market upgrades done and a 5 star girl, but my point is that market upgrades gain you more power per $ spent.

2 hours ago, dirty harry said:

I'm ranking 21 with a 56 point lead over rank 30. I think I'm ok with 6 hours to go.

btw: no shenaningans, this is where I belong in S1.:P

Same for me. Now in 22nd with 5 hours to go for me. The gap shrunk to 21 points, but that should be enough as they are weaker than me (30-35)

Maybe see you next league. 😉

• Like 1

I reached 4th position 30 minutes before the end, but I expect a final rush from some players behind me,  so will be difficult to maintain it. The first three are decided yet: Shiki, Casey (both with max points) and Arcana's Fate.

image.png.bdf59bac2dcf29dc0488c92e16f5172d.png

• Like 1

image.png.988f3ea50ed7e84ab9c25fb16f43b151.png

Highest place I could get, even while using boosters.

I didn't have 3 fights, and with them, I could have gotten to the 17th place... but I wouldn't have qualified to the next league anyway, and considering that I'm still not competitive enough, I guess it is for the best. 

• Like 1

Finally 4th!!

image.png.a24b2b140e97cd65181d704be61f2ec1.png

But bad news ... there is going to be only one Sexpert 2 group with 195 players. Another clash of titans.

in the first Sexpert I league I placed 40th, and this time I hope to do a bit better, but reaching 30th will be very difficult.

• Like 3

Well, I finished in 9th place, which should be a good thing. Only problem is, I didn't expect to place in the top 15. Now I'm in Sexpert 2 where literally more than half the Players are over Lv 300. This was a mistake... but what else was I supposed to do, lose on purpose? Now it looks like I'll lose regardless... 😰

20181101_121417.jpg.904e0a32b6123eada2fc3d878afc1e3e.jpg

• Sad 2

Found some 3-pointers late in the game. Just went for it. Did it matter.................

ok.PNG.7ddb04b3554f0fe6b21b8530e80b7a83.PNG

Not in the least.:P

Next season S1 again. just fought the top player lvl-wise and won.

New season's bracket S1 top player is Syriak (lvl 302) and there are 105 players in the bracket. Again no forum names jump out to me.

GL y'all this next season

• Like 1

A nice improvement over last week's 32nd place, but I didn't trouble the top 15 spots:

HH-S6W3.png

This week will be tricky - I'm not strong enough to finish top 4 unless a few better players don't play seriously, but I'm far too good for finishing in 16th place without seriously costly tanking.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jelom said:

But bad news ... there is going to be only one Sexpert 2 group with 195 players. Another clash of titans.

in the first Sexpert I league I placed 40th, and this time I hope to do a bit better, but reaching 30th will be very difficult.

Ouch! Very happy I decided to skip promotion this time around - I do well on pure fighting stats, but won't compete against the koban spenders. There's nobody in my S1 this week who I can't beat so I think I'm guaranteed 1st place. :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BoogerStick said:

Ouch! Very happy I decided to skip promotion this time around - I do well on pure fighting stats, but won't compete against the koban spenders. There's nobody in my S1 this week who I can't beat so I think I'm guaranteed 1st place. :)

Good call. I seriously should've lost on purpose or just let My points pile up till I dropped below the top 15. I just happened to shoot up towards the end. I expected to lose against the Lv 300+ Players with over 200k Ego but I somehow beat em', guaranteeing a spot in Sexpert 2... 😭

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheSonicSly said:

Good call. I seriously should've lost on purpose or just let My points pile up till I dropped below the top 15. I just happened to shoot up towards the end. I expected to lose against the Lv 300+ Players with over 200k Ego but I somehow beat em', guaranteeing a spot in Sexpert 2... 😭

saw you in my sexpert 1 along with Damoncord as the only forum names I recognized, and looked like you both were slotted to finish in top 15 the last time I checked with less than 30 minutes remaining 

I finished 23 after a fast start and it didn't hurt my feelings at all, sexpert 1 looks like a good place to chill for a week or three

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack_HH said:

image.png.988f3ea50ed7e84ab9c25fb16f43b151.png

Highest place I could get, even while using boosters.

I didn't have 3 fights, and with them, I could have gotten to the 17th place... but I wouldn't have qualified to the next league anyway, and considering that I'm still not competitive enough, I guess it is for the best. 

Same for me, I finished 6 places behind you ultimately. 25th. But that did exceed my expectations after 62th precious round. This time it looks much better for me again. Lot of higher levels, but no good teams/gear. Top 10 for surr if I want to, but maybe Ill wait one out to have a chance to promote 2-4 like George. Nice battling with some familiar faces. 👌🏻

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BoogerStick said:

Thanks for that, now i can forget about winning. 😂 Well, still nice to see forum people in the league. 😅