How you doing in the "League"

casey

25 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

You haven't explained anything at all, that's the problem. For starters, what are the "destructive ways" you have observed?

Essentially two: first, players that continue to keep themselves boosted despite the fact that, with some rough calculations, they can easily realize that they won't anyway reach a higher reward tier, or can't anyway avoid to end in a lower tier or be demoted (a behaviour that during the week could give to some other players the false impression that they need to better boost themselves); and second, practically the opposite, a category that I already mentioned elsewhere in the past, players with super high stats, that with a few boosters may even compete for the highest positions, that mysteriously stop themselves at 0 points to have the certainty to be demoted, constraining players who would deserve the demotion for their stats, to endure another week in a higher league.

And please spare me the "these are normal strategies allowed by the game". I know it, and as I already said, I talk for myself: the fact that they are allowed does not mean neither I am bound to like them nor that the fact that the players use them should not make me sick. Or, for that matter, that I should feel in any way compelled to not complain about it.

This confuses me even by your usual illogical standards. You hating people for trying to optimise their own rewards, sure, but saying that the players who ignore the reward and try to win as many fights as they possibly can is destructive? They're trying to maximise their exp gain so that soon they can compete for those higher prizes.

Edited by GeorgeMTO
  • Like 1

Yeah, staying boosted means others get less points fighting you, leading to a bigger chance for you to finish higher. How is that bad? 

Besides. Being boosted helps you in the arena and with champions too. Not all is about the league. 

Edited by DHarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Yeah, staying boosted means others get less points fighting you, leading to a bigger chance for you to finish higher. How is that bad? 

Besides. Being boosted helps you in the arena and with champions too. Not all is about the league. 

Last league I got first place at DII even with another guy being stronger than me. Exactly because I waited for his boosters go down while I stay boosted all time. 7 x 240 kobans for 7680 kobans, sounds like a good deal for me

I'm finding that I can now promote to D2, most likely. It would require me to either: miss almost no fights and farm losses really hard  to squeak into the top 15, or refill to make up for missed fights, or use boosters a lot more than I do now.

I don't think I'm strong enough to stick in D2 quite yet, though.

I am sorry, but I can only repeat myself. If what I said has no meaning for you, I have no more words to explain better (and even if I had, the reactions, although expected, probably would have taken the will from me). If this is not sufficient for you, again, I am sorry, but there is anyway nothing else I can say.

Just noticed that 12 / 102 players in my D2 bracket have 0 points.  That could change, but never seen that many before.

I wonder if it was over 15 regularly, if the creators would reconsider their "bottom 15 drop".  I considered a suggestion after seeing this that the bottom 15 ignore the 0s.  This might annoy some people but having been underpowered on my way up to D2 (and arguably still), it doesn't seem bad to me.  It seems preferable to being 76th ;p

Sorry if this has been discussed before.  I only read this thread intermittantly and there's 75 pages;)

Edited by jpanda
apology

8 hours ago, jelom said:

6524 points in a 106 players d3. Finished 8th. One day of rare boosters and one day of epic ones. Only three losses against gogeta.

that's a great result...........i had the same number of players in my league and ended up with 6531 points for 5th....... i rather finish 8th

than 5th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpanda said:

I wonder if it was over 15 regularly, if the creators would reconsider their "bottom 15 drop".  I considered a suggestion after seeing this that the bottom 15 ignore the 0s.

Some Wanker 2 brackets have over 50 zero-pointers nowadays. You want to demote players who are near 30th place?

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Some Wanker 2 brackets have over 50 zero-pointers nowadays. You want to demote players who are near 30th place?

I made an apparently false assumption this was not happening rampantly.  I guess if folks stop playing altogether it makes sense the lower ratings would have a ton of 0s.

Thanks for the info.
-JD

won my first d1 with the new system, 7053 points, all week epic boosters on, wasnt necessary but wanted to be sure, now my d2 is something, actually It seems like I do have chances, but not believing it so far

edit: ok, dream is gone, people boosted up (what was to be expected)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

6410 points for a 7th place in a D3 with 105 players. I took four losses. One day rare boosters and another epic ones. Of course Gogeta won, but for less margin than expected. I didn't have so much difference from the players who were constantly boosted, I would have reached top 4 with less than 100 additional points.

This week my objective will be top 15 again. There are many boosted players in the new league, but probably Habi will be first.

• Like 1

3092 points for a nice 91st place finish in D3. By far the most XP I was ever able to collect in a demotion season, over 46k. (For comparison: Beating everybody in D2 typically gets me about 75k.)

Not going to aim for top 4's in D2 for the next couple of weeks, just cruise to top 30 finishes.

Side note: I beat 61 opponents up in D3 with very limited booster usage*, and could have rolled over at least 15 more, so it looks like I'm not that far off from being D3 top 30-capable if D2 top 4's become impossible.

* The last gasp of 4 epic boosters from the previous week for the initial 15 battles, plus 2 days with chlorellas: 4x rare and 3x rare + 1x epic (these were primarily for the champions, not league).

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

On 8/25/2019 at 10:35 PM, DHarry said:

... 😢

Screenshot_20190825_223458.jpg

Well, that painful sight is out of the books. Finished 3rd with 6610 points in my D3. 🥳

Didn't have the time this week to really micromanage who to fight and when, so it was a great result for me. This week looks harder. Still, I finally did it and even 1st wasn't unthinkable as it was won by one lower lvl player than me. Who knows, the day will come I can take that 14k kobans for myself. 😬

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rob Zeta said:

So there's this guy, a few minutes into new League week, by far first with 7055 points - glitch, cheater?

101 competitors, some with more Ego than him

Ego isn't everything if you have the right stats you can beat players with surprisingly higher egos than you

• Like 1

well I was merely stating the facts, point is, does he cheat in any way? Never seen anything like it before. He got 7055 points just a few minutes in. How many Koban would he need to invest and why.. He has to average 23,5 points each.  The game or ToF is flawed either way promoting people to stay in low leagues