How you doing in the "League"

casey

I was out playing from my phone (a sluggish nightmare in leagues with the sim calculator blocking the game for many seconds while it calculates predicted scores) so I will put here two weeks results:

2023-10-05

A nice 3rd place after the two real contenders.

image.png.e3c8be6a36bde295e75f21b0665e414d.png

2023-10-12

A 5th place far from top 4.

image.png.df2d29e2d40f5c2b02dc18435cd731f5.png

• Like 3
  • Hug 1
  • GG 2

On 10/15/2023 at 10:34 PM, DvDivXXX said:

I don't see any battle going on for the time being... 😁
I'm waiting for LeZizi's move now, before doing any further actions...

How did you fair against Milio in your past encounters?

Edited by OmerB
  • Juicy peach 1

25 minutes ago, OmerB said:

How did you fair against Milio in your past encounters?

Honestly, the name sounds familiar enough that I'm sure we've been in the same group multiple times, but I don't remember us ever being in a duel or even competing for the same spot on any particular occasion. If he's a threat, then at least one of us must have been in Top 15 and Chill mode every time we crossed paths.

image.thumb.png.d6dc57db6887a31a7d2c13475d2a7f19.png

Next 1st. Thankfully only 47 points lost. Had the luck that the top10 level player mostly not used skills and that I could beat most skilled opponents with good rng. My 5th skill used was shield, 1 Ginseng, 1 Chlorella and 2 Cordy all the time and mostly an AME/LME Booster was active.

I'm curious if the next week will allow me my 15th 1st place or if I have to face opponents like Sovereign or the ol Sherif.

image.png.0f02f7dc5409aca862c73730f7cb6ec1.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • GG 8

Now that skills are not reset anymore, things are back to normal here, i.e. I am loosing too many points and still some fights against the top contenders. But I am proud about a good 5th:

image.thumb.png.f9e1bbf41ebcfaf50201170c0d5284d6.png

Chinga4 had only 6.3k points (AFAIR) until the last hour, so I was hoping, but expecting at least one of the past top 1/4 players below me to have too many fights left.

After the first ~50 fights with perfect score, when facing the first opponents with <24.95 E[X], I used AMEs til the end. 3 AME with nearly no charges wasted in season, as I got 3 from CbC and 3 (or even 4?) from DP with bonus path. I mostly used 2 Cordyceps and 2 Chlorella, but it was not always possible (like in the end). Bought 15 refills after blessings reset. So without potentially wasting a lot of kobans, this was the best I could do with my current progress.

EDIT: As can be seen, the defensive vs offensive stats bug is not resolved yet. And there are at least two different wrong sets of stats, which were switched back and forth without me being able to see any pattern behind it. I never saw my correct (offensive) stats in the league table (taking AME into account).

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2
  • GG 4

Hurra!!! I still had some mojo left (and a lot of luck with the selection of opponents, I must say) and won again in league.

My average was low, but there was really no opposition, so my usual setup was enough. The first girl with maxed skills is mandatory, but I could make do without other girl skills(to do for the future) . No AME and two cords and two ginseng.

I won't win often in the future so I am going to enjoy this one.

image.png.074570b82ccec86aa2e816c0a1a1bdb3.png

• GG 10

On 10/18/2023 at 7:23 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Honestly, the name sounds familiar enough that I'm sure we've been in the same group multiple times, but I don't remember us ever being in a duel or even competing for the same spot on any particular occasion. If he's a threat, then at least one of us must have been in Top 15 and Chill mode every time we crossed paths.

I lost against LeZizi... 😢
This is the last table that I've got:

@EpicBacon@ @Incubys Did you manage to catch a later snapshot?

• Like 2
  • Hug 2
  • GG 1

Many mistakes, many heavy hits, more than 100 pts lost... Waited till last seconds for yyyxxxccc and Fabio final assault - but they kept their forces at bay :D

So with final 20 pts difference i consider myself lucky this time. 6th win, second in a row!

image.thumb.png.7b661a73b5645b2fda38fd43d3ae7041.png

3chlorella+cordy 4 days from start, 2chl+2cordy last 3 days, 2 LM bought&used - from 3rd day. Kobans well spend - now need to rest and restock my cordy reserves

Laters!

• GG 4

Unfortunately, half an hour before the end of the day and half an hour after it, I was far from the computer, so I could only slightly adjust events through a mobile browser. Therefore, it was not possible to reach super heights, although everything was there for this.

1.thumb.jpg.74bb32899209ba2979a560132138d54f.jpg

So in HH, another contender beat me just a couple of minutes before the end and I simply didn’t have enough time to regain my first position, which I could well have done, since there were still a lot of unplayed fights.

1.1.thumb.jpg.d010108b40a42d4682d76c3a5ec5c5bd.jpg
In CxH I was in the top 4 for some time and rose to 3rd place. But in the end, it took several hundred points to reach the top 4 and I didn’t spend my gold bars.

2.thumb.jpg.30049acd2f9ea845d7de29dca482a27a.jpg
By the way, I didn’t know that CxH Nutaku doesn’t have a D3 league yet... Then I wouldn’t be afraid to get into the top 15)

In PsH in the S1 league I was an unattainable champion and more than 1500 points separated me from 2nd place. I don’t know how the situation developed there in the last minutes, but 1st place remained with me.

3.thumb.jpg.91c037a0fc7f7068c80db3820f6a73ca.jpg

P.S. And I have not yet changed my strategy for using boosters, i.e. only 1 cordyceps, 2 chlorella and 1 gingseng per day without premium boosters.

Edited by Master-17
  • Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1
  • uwu 1
  • GG 1

------------------
D3 run #167  2023/10/12-19 (Kichi Week 10; no LG available for me)

I did finish #2 so the top 4 almost certainly didn't change since that screenshot:

image.png

A relatively cheap Top 4, more or less as I expected. There were exactly 4 Top 4 contenders, so the only question was whether one of us between @Stoned Jesus, @Uxio and myself would be able to beat Limule Tempest (who I know has a different nickname on the forum, with whom I interacted plenty of times in the past, but I honestly can't remember which one it is, sorry ^^).

And the answer was nope: I got the closest, losing 56 points in total vs only 26 for Limule, so still a 30-point margin. Congrats to you. You have more bulbs, some SE and MD girls I'm missing, and perhaps more importantly, I suspect you're also way ahead of me (or most players) in the GG department (by this I mean Girl Gear, although with your 171 D3 wins now, "Good Game, Well Played" works too ^^).

As expected, GS5 on defending teams made the biggest difference now that it works as intended. Every opponent I've lost a significant amount of points to is shown in the top 10 above: Limule himself, along with Uxio and the aptly-named "someguy" all gave me a hard time with their respective Reflect GS5. Meanwhile, Jesus surprised me by going for a Stun GS5 instead, which proved just about as costly in this particular case, although it's far more RNG-dependent than Reflect, as you can see from the fact that I still rolled one perfect 25 out of 3 fights, which is just not in the cards against Reflect (at least I haven't found a working counter strategy yet).

I couldn't afford spending light bulbs on a defending team with Reflect of my own this week, as I actually needed all of my red and purple bulbs for my main team (which amounts to a grand total of 1 Mythic and 4 L5s worth of bulbs as of this writing). So I just made a Rainbow team which probably gave 75 points to my 3 opponents, but it didn't matter all that much: I doubt I could have costed 30 points to Limule on my own.

The one interesting aspect of the current meta is how little it seems to matter which (regular) boosters one picks. It's never been so diverse and ever changing. I'm seeing anything and everything, and nothing seems to work better than anything else right now. 4 cordys, 4 chlores, 4 gins, any combination of the three, and even some jujubes thrown in unironically for the first time ever. I'm far from the only one wondering about that, as plenty of players got very fluid with their booster picks, including in the top 4. Both Limule and Jesus spent most of the week with a very old-school whale-style über expensive 4 cordys setup, and both eventually switched to whatever instead. I suspect Limule specifically switched to chlores once he was done with most or all of his fights not just to avoid wasting cordys but also to make his Reflect defending team tougher to beat. Not sure it actually makes a big enough difference either way, honestly.

I've used 4 gins and LM throughout the week myself. I think I've used a 2 gins 2 cordys combo once, but it didn't change anything so I went back to saving my cordys. There has to be a mix that works best against Reflect, probably something like 4 chlores to tank more, along with deliberately lowering my own attack by other means, but I haven't really toyed around with it this week.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 2
  • GG 5

I never thought about Gold/Silver card as P2W in terms of PvP but I guess I was wrong (at least after they increased resource caps for them). Guess when my last card expired:

image.png.05b2d10a108299ebb5954feefb0208c1.png

No card means I keep wasting natural regen and this week I also lost a surprising amount of fights to lower my score even further.

There's no other change in my gameplay, other than the fact that I sleep too long to catch the game before I'm at 15/15 already. Silver lining is that there are currently no girls worth spending nubans on other than M6's so I'm saving insane amounts and lower prizes in Leagues don't affect me at all - in September alone I had 2454 nubans profit XD

Edit: I realized the dates are wrong, I must have forgotten to record one week in the past 😅

Edited by garadron
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, OmerB said:

I lost against LeZizi... 😢
This is the last table that I've got:

@EpicBacon@ @Incubys Did you manage to catch a later snapshot?

Didn't take screenshot, best I can do is this ...

image.png.50721ca845ec1ccc5fc3a40b20c907f7.png

Which you can get yourself but I'm guessing you wanted to rub some salt into the wounds ? lol congrats on 2nd

Edit : Apologies @omerI keep forgetting so many on the QoL features are community added, and not in the base game.

Edited by Incubys
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Incubys said:

Which you can get yourself

I think if he could get these results, he would do it. Even if he has a script that collects statistics, but he plays on several devices, he will only see the latest results collected by the script (most likely the same as in the screenshot he provided)

• Like 2

Back again posting another league result after a longer break from the months before:

image.thumb.png.92d50508d1071aa2513531f66b9dcb7f.png

Screen is maybe not the end result, it was taken ~15min before reset probably. My result was still #3. It was a tough week with strong oppenents in the Top 5 spot and some others behind. The week started ok, but I recognized a few strong opponents pretty quickly because they had strong teams and I recently learned why this is the case :D (same GS3 skill stacks). Therefore I did not have the strongest possible team in the beginning and as always had to fight a lot of boosted players, especially the main threats (as you can see on the one lost fight I had).

mot_131 with his impressive ~120 victories was not beatable for me, at least with my usual more casual gameplay. I had a look on the lost points after some days and it was clear that a victory is not possible anymore, so no cordys or AME used. I just hoped that a Top4 is in reach, which I wasn't sure of. Maybe Elundril did not all fights in this screen because the gap is larger than what I expected. 

Nevertheless I'm fine with the result. Since introduction of the 5th skill it was my weakest average (24.43). In general more bulbs are used. The effect of boosters are not that strong at the moment, that is at least my impression. Comparing my simulation results unboosted vs boosted did have a surprisingly small effect sometimes. But I think using cordys is still the strongest option, followed by Ginseng.

Another thing which is interesting to me is that it looks like you guys have no problems creating screenshots of your league results. I have to disable the user scripts otherwise my league table wouldn't be readable because I see only the nation + the first few characters of the name. This is the case since Kinkoid changed the league view. I'm wondering what is different to me. It must be a combination of screen resolution, screen size and text scaling.

Unfortunately I have to face mot_131 again this week. Maybe I take it more serious and try to beat him this time. 

Edited by MrXY
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 1

Finished 3th this week.

image.png.afbe7bcdd458423a11c8346d99bd5f90.png

Surprisingly, I have been put in a really weak bracket this time : nobody had won more than 2 times in D3, something like 8~10 1 time D3 winners and that's all. I stayed in the Top 4 all week long so I did not use any A/LME because I did not feel threatened at all.

So all in all, I'm really happy with the result and the extra 2k kobans which help fill what I spent lately which was not planned.

image.thumb.png.171d54e10ef8931781b3953827ae7dbc.png

Also at new blessings I fully skilled my first mythic girl Finalmecia and could finally test the shield GS5 which I hadn't tested until then. My doubt is really on which combination of legendary boosters to use. I tested 4 combinations and I'm satisfied with none :

• 2 cordys, 2 ginseng (as usual for me)
  • 2 cordys, 1 ginseng, 1 chlorella
  • 1 cordy, 1 ginseng, 2 chlorella
  • 4 chlorella

So I don't know how I will roll going forward with the shield GS5.

It seems my bracket this week is somewhat easy (but a bit harder than last week) too since the only multiple D3 winners are Varlock and Asta from what I could see. Will see how it goes.

Edited by mdnoria
  • uwu 1
  • GG 2

7 hours ago, Incubys said:

Didn't take screenshot, best I can do is this ...

image.png.50721ca845ec1ccc5fc3a40b20c907f7.png

I'm guessing you wanted to rub some salt into the wounds ? lol congrats on 2nd

Thanks, LeZizi didn't look too intimidating, he lost many points in the first few days... I gave it my best shot, but he proved too strong.

I was really more worried about you, with your blue team, after the first 3 days.

BTW, Nice collection of countries 😃

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mdnoria said:

Also at new blessings I fully skilled my first mythic girl Finalmecia and could finally test the shield GS5 which I hadn't tested until then. My doubt is really on which combination of legendary boosters to use. I tested 4 combinations and I'm satisfied with none :

• 2 cordys, 2 ginseng (as usual for me)
  • 2 cordys, 1 ginseng, 1 chlorella
  • 1 cordy, 1 ginseng, 2 chlorella
  • 4 chlorella

So I don't know how I will roll going forward with the shield GS5.

Chlorella is definitely stronger than Ginseng with M6 GS5 at level 5. Cordyceps are still a little stronger, according to my tests/sims, so use as many Cordyceps as you can afford (or safe them for when you buy refills, blessings reset or other opportunities) and fill the remaining slots with Chlorella. Ginseng are now selling contest goods.

But since I am below level 400 and girls capped at level 700, if you want to be sure, use Rena's simulator: https://github.com/HH-GAME-MM/HH-Leagues-Plus-Plus/raw/main/HH-Leagues-Plus-Plus.user.js
As of your other post in the script thread: You can disable the HH++ simulator then, which has no further purpose. Rena's simulator adds the results to the same places and some more (team edit pages as well, very valuable!) and correctly takes into account GS5 skills.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

Chlorella is definitely stronger than Ginseng with M6 GS5 at level 5. Cordyceps are still a little stronger, according to my tests/sims [...]. Ginseng are now selling contest goods.

I wouldn't go quite that far just yet (or anytime soon). Ginseng is still the most balanced of all boosters, giving you a bit of everything, whereas Chlorella is specialized in HP and Cordyceps in Attack, at the cost of everything else. So all three still have potentially very different niche uses, at the very least.

The other important thing to take into account (especially for F2P and low-budget players, and/or people who are in casual or Top 15 and Chill mode) is that Ginseng is by far the most frequent roll from the booster pool of MP, followed by Chlorella, and then Cordyceps has a very low drop rate (and Jujube an infinitesimal one). Here's my stash right now, knowing that I've only stopped selling all my chlores about a week ago, and I've mostly stopped using cordys for a bit longer than that (and I've been on a 4 gins a day diet during that time):

image.png

This is me on 4 gins right now (taken vs an opponent without any counter bonus from color tags either way, but to be fair I do have an LM equipped; my Attack is "only" 185k in Season ^^):

image.png

This gives me a guaranteed 25 against too many opponents in my current group to count, even though I've been refilling like a madman today for LC Day 1. So they're far from useless enough to sell, as chlores used to be before the Shield meta (and for most of the game's history; the only other brief exception was the era of Charm being brokenly OP).

Plus, considering how many times the meta changed drastically not only over the years, but over the past year even more so... and that Ginseng remained the only booster to be both plentiful and reliably good throughout... Why would I ever throw them away?

If I switched to 4 chlores as some of my opponents, I'd easily go beyond 1M HP and my Shield would reach over 400k, but my current ~330k is more than enough in most fights (and the tradeoff would be lower Attack, Defense and Harmony values). I'm considering it for some specific opponents, mainly the Reflect defending teams, as having a bigger Shield and a lower Attack actually seems beneficial in that case (as long as it's still enough to beat them and heal back up).

If I switched to 4 cordys instead, I'd probably reach close to 300k Attack, again at the cost of less HP (and a smaller Shield), less Defense and less Harmony. Overkill in most fights right now, and basically the best way to lose really really hard to the Reflect defending teams specifically. Right now I don't even see a scenario in which 4 cordys would be my best option, actually. Maybe against someone with a bigger Shield than mine?

As I've said in my own LAA report today, at the end of the day the most surprising thing about regular boosters right now is how little they matter compared to pretty much all other meta games we've ever had before. I echo the sentiment of both @MrXY and @mdnoria in this observation (and many other players no doubt).

PS: This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask about how Reflect interacts with Defense (if at all), though I'd better ask that in the GS thread. ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

The other important thing to take into account (especially for F2P and low-budget players, and/or people who are in casual or Top 15 and Chill mode) is that Ginseng is by far the most frequent roll from the booster pool of MP

Not correct.

image.png.bb11293b6646d158b689bf7268e061dc.png

Data from 1111 spended MyPx1 Orbs without girls, from with Girls (135 Orbs) the % for Chlorella is at 23,7%, for Ginseng at 16,3% so in the same range.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I wouldn't go quite that far just yet (or anytime soon). Ginseng is still the most balanced of all boosters, giving you a bit of everything, whereas Chlorella is specialized in HP and Cordyceps in Attack, at the cost of everything else. So all three still have potentially very different niche uses, at the very least.

I refer strictly to simulation results. Theory crafting is difficult for me for such focus vs balance questions, so I just trust the simulator here. Chlorella gives me better E[X] in all cases (which are not flat 25 anyway), and a better overall sum.

Chlorella here is much closer to the power of Cordyceps. Especially the last Cordyceps (when I have 3 equipped already) is in average only minimal better than Chlorella, so I can imagine that with certain heroes/teams/GS3/GG which have relatively high AP already compared to ego, it may be even worse. There however is a more significant difference against stronger opponents, which become more relevant for me now that opponent's girl skills cannot be bypassed anymore. I did not find such close results when comparing Chlorella to Ginseng: Even the last Chlorella was always clearly better. I did compare two things shortly before and after booster expiry/reboost:

• The overall simulation sum, shown when you hover the "Sim" column with Rena's simulator
  • The amount of flat 25 point opponents, since those are in case the unboosted ones which count
5 hours ago, bolitho76 said:
12 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

The other important thing to take into account (especially for F2P and low-budget players, and/or people who are in casual or Top 15 and Chill mode) is that Ginseng is by far the most frequent roll from the booster pool of MP

Not correct.

Similar here:

image.png.79b1867369df46059e752494ba839ba0.png

And Chlorella additionally drops from PoPs. I do not buy kobans or MP orbs and get much more Chlorella than I am able to use. I am still selling it by times in contests because of that. And of course, saying that Chlorella is better does not mean that you must not use Ginseng when Chlorella is empty. It is about priorities: Cordyceps > Chlorella > Ginseng > Jujubes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Ginseng is by far the most frequent roll from the booster pool of MP, followed by Chlorella, and then Cordyceps has a very low drop rate (and Jujube an infinitesimal one)

I have to disagree on that; I have loads more Chlorella then any other, and this is with me being on a constant Chlorella diet over the last two years or so, It's only since August or so that I've switched to Ginseng, and the occationaly Cordy week when it seems like I might have a good chance in the leagues.

hh chlorella.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1
  • GG 2