How you doing in the "League"

casey

------------------
D3 run #176  2023/12/14-21 (Denma Week 7; no LG available for me)

My 23rd win! :x

image.png

Honestly, not much of a story to tell on this one. I was the obvious favorite from day one, and although  Patte de Jaguar tried to rush early on and was temporarily #1 on paper, he lost more points in the process than I ended up losing in the entire week. Everyone else with a few past wins followed suit and by Saturday it was basically guaranteed that unless I jumped the shark really hard, the win was mine.

For once, you could say that I truly had an experience similar to all the ones I envied so much when others posted league reports in which they were on their own with an entire bracket of NPCs (sorry guys, especially Fra and BJAddict, you're both pretty good players I remember crossing paths with quite often and I don't mean to belittle you; I'm just way ahead of you in this meta, although I'm behind on player level).

The win is super welcome (and badly needed, since I'm still not out of my phase of reinvesting so much all the time that I'm basically always short-stacked except on the first few days of the month ^^). Not stressing out whatsoever about my chances was very relaxing (although I did play it seriously and performed the best I could, even if the phase transition on Monday was the tightest I ever was in resources, and that wasn't optimal to say the least).

But this doesn't feel like a Victory in the sense of achieving something, you know? Not complaining, I finally got A "free" win, yay! ^^ And in the grand scheme of things, I need the rewards much more than I need the excitement from winning because I've bested my rivals rather than because no one in my group was strong enough to contest my win. Still, if this is what the likes of Govs, Limule or Mot feel like most weeks, while insanely profitable, I must say it's not very exciting.

(Haven't grabbed my rewards yet; I hope the paragraph above doesn't damn me into getting an All-Star group this week! ^^).

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• GG 4

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

image.thumb.png.b2eda9303bc2000c8ff2d08bd76a0044.png

Gratulation to govenants to his 1st.

After i recognized govenants in the League I knew there was no realistic chance to be 1st so I aimed for a top4...

Gratulation to govenants to his 1st.

After i recognized govenants and bolitho76 in the League I knew there was no realistic chance to be 1st so I aimed for a top415...

no mythic booster, few cordy used, it's a good week for me :)

• Like 1
  • Hearts 2

36 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

But this doesn't feel like a Victory in the sense of achieving something, you know? [...] I need the rewards much more than I need the excitement from winning because I've bested my rivals rather than because no one in my group was strong enough to contest my win. Still, if this is what the likes of Govs, Limule or Mot feel like most weeks, while insanely profitable, I must say it's not very exciting.

(Haven't grabbed my rewards yet; I hope the paragraph above doesn't damn me into getting an All-Star group this week! ^^).

Careful what you wish for, kids! ^^

HH League Story 203 - D3 - Denma Week 08 - FTW vs Jelom Erin Bobick and MOAR  - A1.png

Oh boy. Well, at long last, it's time to make Papa @jelom proud. Fight-oh! :ph34r:

PS: @Erin86 All the advice we gave you the other day was nothing but lies! Execute is the best GS5, GS3s don't stack, and Jujubes are OP! ^^

• Haha 7
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

seems like you are not the only one who will get more competition this week 

image.thumb.png.103c1dcbd4b357aade0aa64522881312.png

maybe i stress my luck to much by trying to beat joe after i somehow managed to beat gogeta 2 weeks ago, but i will try for sure 😇. Maybe i end up with an expensive top 4, but thats the game.

• Like 2
  • uwu 1

As info/remainder: The bug, that defensive league stats depending on the gear of the first season team girl, is basically back. I verified now a few iterations that after some hours (I guess old snapshot times) league stats drop. They drop to the same values until you change the first season team girl to one with gear. It is temporarily fixed until the next few hours (snapshot) when you visit any team selection or edit page, but otherwise it is the same it was before.

I think it is now clear that KK uses different functions/methods to update the defensive league team stats and show team stats in general in different situations:

• Originally, stats were updated every 6h, the known snapshots. There were some rare individual updates, but no consistent trigger for them was known.
  • When the large league reword added the booster indicators, a trigger was added to update the stats when boosters expire, but not when new boosters were equipped, leading to the fact that opponents were effectively unboosted until next 6h snapshot. Since the triggered stats update after booster expiry takes some seconds, reboosting within seconds was a way to avoid this.
  • Since the triggered stats update takes girls gear correctly into account, but the still existing update every 6h does not, it happened that expired boosters could lead to increasing opponent stats, when boosters were weak and gear strong. With the November 15th update this was fixed, with the patch notes stating: "Some discrepancies in player/opponent stats are fixed."
  • To fix the booster indicators, another update added stats update triggers to reboosting and visiting team selection/edit pages. But in the same turn, the trigger on booster expiry became unreliable, since one often needs to wait for minutes up to several hours, before the stats actually drop. Furthermore, on December 6th, a.o. the bug with season team RE impact on league stats was reintroduced for the 6h stats update, while the triggered stats updates handle RE correctly.
  • The other bug introduced, was that boosters are not taken into account on the team selection page, for all teams but the 1st. Again, another function/method collects/processes the data, obviously. Not only is this causing bugs, but also every change to stats means that you need to update several parts of the code. Not understandable how such inefficient and error-prone situation survives.
Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

il y a 34 minutes, XXDongXX a dit :

seems like you are not the only one who will get more competition this week 

image.thumb.png.103c1dcbd4b357aade0aa64522881312.png

maybe i stress my luck to much by trying to beat joe after i somehow managed to beat gogeta 2 weeks ago, but i will try for sure 😇. Maybe i end up with an expensive top 4, but thats the game.

And me who was thinking: "well, he'll probably see it's a no hope situation and thinks, 'let's fold before the Marshall hears about my doings in his city'..." ^^'

Well, so, a new OK Corral it will be, that'll be interesting... :)

Oh, while we're at it (getting the Ol' guy out of his reserve), here are today's results in the Gazeeter, after the dust has cleared in Main Street... (or more or less so, as the photographer was a bit early in callin' the shots), same as last week, and a little less than the weeks before, when the Ol' Guy had to show who's boss to his deputy Limule by scoring a perfect...

Capture d’écran 2023-12-21 à 12.22.48b.jpg

• Like 1
  • GG 3

Congrats to Miccia for the win. I could keep 4th place with my meager score. I didn't update my team this week, so it was a good ending for me. Top4 income is more than enough for my expenses.

image.png.06e395a05a5002836f780df834f123aa.png

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

HH League Story 203 - D3 - Denma Week 08 - FTW vs Jelom Erin Bobick and MOAR  - A1.png

Oh boy. Well, at long last, it's time to make Papa @jelom proud. Fight-oh! :ph34r:

First thoughs when I saw you were with me this week and asking for a fight

😈 Oh, yes! I should spend the time I don't have in setting a strong skilled team and show the boy how the grown ups play. The time has come to put to use all those mythic boosters.

👼 Oh, no! Remember that he is your old friend and he earns too few kobans and is still needing all that precious kobans of the first place.

My pragmatic side:  I wouldn't probably win against him even if I tried. I will keep playing as easy as possible and aiming just for a cheap Top4. Good week, boys.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 3

3 hours ago, Horsting said:

[A lot of detailed and valuable reminders (slash news) about bugs and issues currently active in League and how to avoid or mitigate them]

Much appreciated as always! I think most of us regular top 4 contenders didn't wait for further confirmation and already resumed having one girl from our main team (ideally packed with our best GG pieces) leading our #WeakonSeason team for about a week, now. But it's nice to know for sure it hasn't been for naught.

It can be a bit confusing at times, as the team leader and the player name are the first two bits of info my mind immediately registers even before checking the odds the script gives me. And a lot of fellow nice folks who partake in the mutually helpful seasoning throw their actual team leader in there (for convenience, I guess, and/or maybe they're just used to giving their team leader all the best GG pieces). Not that it's an issue, and I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth here, but it just gives me pause sometimes.

Watch out! It's @mot_131 with his all-mighty MD Val! Abort! Abort! Oh, but she's just... taking a bunch of unskilled, unequipped weaklings for a walk, and they even have a Rainbow flag to make sure nobody gets hurt. Attaaack! ^^

3 hours ago, XXDongXX said:

2 hours ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

Well, so, a new OK Corral it will be, that'll be interesting... :)

You guys will be so busy exchanging close-ups of your eyes blinded by the Sergio Leone Sun, you'll never see my boy @bolitho76 coming:ph34r:

In all seriousness though, whether it's as a spectator or a participant, this type of groups sure is a lot more entertaining to watch than "let's see if this shark can eat all those fish trapped in his tank this week". ^^

2 hours ago, jelom said:

Congrats to Miccia for the win. I could keep 4th place with my meager score.

That's sweet and I'm glad for you both, but I also can't help but notice our boy @HentaiGuru and also Eik completing that top 4. Nice for the two of them as well! <3

2 hours ago, jelom said:

First thoughs when I saw you were with me this week and asking for a fight

Man, everything you said after that touched me deeply. No matter how it turns out, I'm glad and honored I get to play this pretty tough group with you now that I'm strong enough to actually have a shot. It feels like yesterday I was joining the forum as an overly impatient noobie and you were already one of the Level 500 400* (player level capped at 400 back then ^^ time flies!) old farts giving me a warm welcome while also telling me to play the long game. And 4.5 years later, here we are! <3

Edited by DvDivXXX
400! ^^
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

You guys will be so busy exchanging close-ups of your eyes blinded by the Sergio Leone Sun, you'll never see my boy @bolitho76 coming:ph34r:

Hmmm....

Amuntion - checked!

Arms - checked!

Stealth suit - che... Who has demolished the damn stealth suit!!!

Sigh...

Even the stealth suit were intact, the ol' Marshal knews me since a long time. It was a remembering meeting long time ago as we had a little argument and he lost against me in our direct confrontation, even he outnumbered me in the whole week

Well, I'll play this week like : I know, there is no chance to win, but I'll do my best and perhaps... There is allways room for a surprise 😁

• Like 1
  • uwu 1

Le 21/12/2023 à 12:23, bolitho76 a dit :

If I tracked all fights correctly mdnoria should have some fights left and have a chance to get into the top4 (I think he has lost 13 point less in comparison to Ziggy in the fights he had done so if he does the remaining fights and don't loose more than 12 points he can end in top4).

image.png.b6f959c555eb987dc91c4a6d37ed3b95.png

Yes I finished 4th and it was a bit stacked for the 3rd and 4th place.

Spent 1.1 AME and used 60 fights of the remaining AME in the current league.

I reckoned I had a shot at top 4 so I spent an AME on blessings change and then for the last 15 fights when I saw that I needed an average of 18.1 points to secure this top 4 if nobody had fights left.

• Like 1
  • GG 2

Il 21/12/2023 in 14:12 , DvDivXXX ha scritto:

PS: @Erin86 All the advice we gave you the other day was nothing but lies! Execute is the best GS5, GS3s don't stack, and Jujubes are OP! ^^

Ahahahahah, You're safe man, I'm too busy in these days ( cheering, eating...so much eating ) so I dont'have time to play. I'm challenging opponents with boosters otherwise I dont' finish in time 🤣

• Juicy peach 1

51 minutes ago, Erin86 said:

Ahahahahah, You're safe man, I'm too busy in these days ( cheering, eating...so much eating ) so I dont'have time to play. I'm challenging opponents with boosters otherwise I dont' finish in time 🤣

Thanks, appreciate the heads-up (although I'm monitoring everyone's scores so I already knew you've lost 5 more points than my 16 so far ^^). I might be safe from you, but not from Bobick (only lost 3 pts so far), Andy13 (6 pts), swa (7 pts), Alander (also 3 pts like Bobick, but he has a lot more catching up to do) and as of now, even Jelom is still in the race, technically (12 pts, although we already know he's not all-in and like Alander he has a couple thousand points to catch up on).

Bobick is currently the favorite, although he still has over a thousand points to cover to the finish line and I'm sure hoping he'll lose a few points here and there along the way. For me to have a shot at staying #1 he needs to lose at least 13 more points (assuming I manage to score perfectly on my remaining 3 opponents, which is by no means guaranteed either).

Very interesting and exciting week regardless. I've learned a fair bit from observing everyone in this group, especially Bobick, and I hope but also dread (a little bit) that some of my opponents learned a few things from watching me as well. ^^

I'll save the rest for my final report on Thursday. Enjoy the holidays, folks (especially the food indeed!). <3

• Like 1

image.png.04e8d4ca78f191d6c5288503dee812ed.png image.png.b6e8005e6a6fa8e39e6a00e5b9d439d7.png

I hate the bug with the expired booster who are not actualized!

6 times I was able to be at the game when XXDongXX Booster run out, 6 times were the stats not actualized until he equiped new Booster!

Well, I should be safe in the top4, "The ol' Marshal" will win with a loss of only 6 points. XXDongXX and Gotaku Ultra should be the other 2 in the top4 (if I recognized all well).

image.thumb.png.66a71a7d33b1e86ba80da55c4daa0672.png

Seems that Gotaku missed some last fights (or he do them in the last 4 minutes). With two opponents with not changing stats after Booster run out and two other opponents I couldn't catch unboosted, my total loss of 79 points isn't surprising. Gratulation to XXDongXX to his second, the first wasn't really a question this week. I think, I hear the mechanical Piano from the Saloon and the harmonica playing the great end-theme...

image.png.9c176caae1c9073cafb487bcbb092328.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 3
  • Hug 3
  • GG 1

a bit early but i am sure someone will provide a screenshot right before the end.

image.thumb.png.f5c48cfb6afddbdc22a51401c0fc0428.png

Gratulations to the old Marshall, well played. 

@bolitho76 I didn't get u off guard either and u can be sure most of us if not all of us hate that bug.

I was afraid of many good reflect teams in phase two, so i did most of the top 50 in Phase one. This did not happen, so my strategie was wrong. 

On 12/21/2023 at 3:33 PM, XXDongXX said:

Maybe i end up with an expensive top 4, but thats the game.

sadly exactly what happened. Well not much spend on refills but one LM and 2 AM for a top 4 that could have been cheaper to get.

• Like 3
  • GG 3

image.thumb.png.b1914734338361e0d0aa877a700da191.png

image.png.7c9d34106d4c4816b131a44e657480d9.png

I didn't have time the last days to catch everyone unboosted. You see the 4 defeats here. Now I wonder why I lost so hard against Morty, probably I crited myself with reflect. Filip and Testiclese were set as 1st and 2nd last week, so I finished at the best possible position.

@430i as I see my D3 win badge missing here: Somehow for oneself, it is not consequently updated. On mobile phone, I have the badge updated, on desktop, whatever I do, it won't. But in rare cases it does, but could not find a pattern. The 6x 2nd is correct from before last week.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • GG 3

Really chill 3rd place for me this week. Only an AME used at blessings change because it seemed doable to do a top 4 but it wasn't really needed seeing the results.

Also finished my last 20 fights fighting boosted opponents and my last 8 fights, I was also unboosted because it was useless.

firefox_vCpDhqGjAe.thumb.jpg.dc1cc822184678f16c46e4f9064b4bad.jpg

This week should be harder.

• GG 5

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

@430i as I see my D3 win badge missing here: Somehow for oneself, it is not consequently updated. On mobile phone, I have the badge updated, on desktop, whatever I do, it won't. But in rare cases it does, but could not find a pattern. The 6x 2nd is correct from before last week.

The badges are cached the first time you click an opponent, to prevent spamming kinkoid's server with requests. I didnt add a cache expiration policy, so the only way is to do it manually - either delete the "HHPlusPlusPlus.League.Players" local storage key or type in the following in the dev console: HHPlusPlusPlus.clearLeagueData(). This will delete the cached opponent data (best placement, mythic equipment, etc but not the league snapshots), so you will need to click everyone once again.

A bit inconvenient, but I am too lazy to add new features now :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah okay. Strange that sometimes I did update the badge regardless. An expiry of the cache at league reset would be optimal, since this is where these stats can change. Probably a flag that is set/removed the same time when you rotate the league snapshot data. I'll see whether I can implement this.

Edited by Horsting

------------------
D3 run #177  2023/12/21-28 (Denma Week 8; no LG available for me)

Just a Top 4:

image.png

I did finish #2, so congrats to @Bobick for that very tight 6th win. Well played! Beyond that, I'm not sure these are the final numbers, as I didn't open the game until long after reset today. So I guess congrats to Andy13 and @Erin86 for completing this top 4? But it might also be Swa or Alander in there for all I know. EDIT: Nope, it ended up being Alander and swa rounding out the top 4, sorry Andy13 and especially my boy (gal?) Erin. One of the two BiggusDickus (main account and clone I guess) even squeezed himself in between the two pairs, ending at #5. Thanks for the screenshot, @jelom <3.

I only have an older screenshot from yesterday, back when I was still showing as #1, but having lost 41 points after finishing all my fights whereas Bobick had only lost 19 at the time and was just a couple of fights behind, and considering how well prepared he was and how hardcore he played throughout the week, I had no doubts he would pass me over, which he did.

image.png

It was a very tough group and I knew from the start Bobick would be the biggest threat for me when I noticed (after deciding on almost the same team for my own Phase 2) that he had made the bold but very rewarding move of skipping over a Phase 1 team entirely and he was already sporting his future Phase 2 team when Phase 1 began. I wish I had thought of that myself. Given the weak blessings in Phase 1, the perfect GS3 synergy of the top possible Phase 2 teams, but also the extremely unfortunate (for those of us with our Orange and Purple Phase 1 teams ^^) star alignment that Phase 2's Green and White teams would have double counter bonuses against those Phase 1 teams... This made total sense.

I've noticed later on that Bobick also happened to have an almost complete Green/White set of MG pieces (5 out of 6), whereas I had none (ready to use anytime soon, that is), but technically I'm still quite ahead of him in GG pieces, which made a bigger difference once I was finally set up:

image.png

image.png

Of course, by then it was far too late. And to think of all the resources I've burned needlessly on my feeble Phase 1 team when setting up my Phase 2 team right away would have been more cost effective but also just plain better! ^^ (Typo in the first of these two pics, I know: I should have typed GS4* x5 not GS5).

Great stuff. Thanks for a fun and challenging week (even if it was a bit hard to follow too closely due to it having Xmas in the middle ^^). And very nice thinking outside the box.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Surprised :O 1
  • GG 3