the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

1 minute ago, saberbholt said:

Well, I think that the players have been cheated well, from being a free2play to a win2play.

What was requested was a safety net maintaining the drop rate and that was as easy to implement as every 7 bouts give 1 shard if you do not win the girl, and when you had 100 they give it to you, but keeping the same girl drop rate in the fallen, that assured you that nobody would do more than 700 combats and the winners, what is a safety net. Now what we have is even more difference between free players and paid players for the benefit of the company.

And thats the reason i release the game, good luck to all people and have a good game.

It's sad turn of events for new free players, yep. With world bosses, it would take them longer to get a girl because the shards are split between the 3 girls. During short events, it used to be if you're lucky you get a girl. Now it's either you have to be extremely lucky and get a girl drop or you gotta have enough kobans to finish off the completion of the girl. Well it might change again if they're not retaining new players.

Just my comment - my luck with getting a free epic or legendary girl has been zero (0). Never a single time during all the events has a free girl dropped for me (only during 12/14 day events). Only once have I spent 5,400 kobans on 500 boss fights during Epic Days to try and get a girl cheaper than in epic pachinko. She did not drop after spending 5,400, so I quit as I had earlier set my limit at that amount.

So in the game all of my girls have come from 12/14-day events + Epic Pachinko whenever I get 5,400 kobans.
This time I had spent 1,500 kobans on boss fights when I got a 100 shard drop.

So - yes, maybe the 100 shard drop chances are lower than a girl drop before. But I got the drop this time and have never before lucked with that in the game (with difficult girls). For players like me, the change was good.

10 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Just my comment - my luck with getting a free epic or legendary girl has been zero (0). Never a single time during all the events has a free girl dropped for me (only during 12/14 day events). Only once have I spent 5,400 kobans on 500 boss fights during Epic Days to try and get a girl cheaper than in epic pachinko. She did not drop after spending 5,400, so I quit as I had earlier set my limit at that amount.

So in the game all of my girls have come from 12/14-day events + Epic Pachinko whenever I get 5,400 kobans.
This time I had spent 1,500 kobans on boss fights when I got a 100 shard drop.

So - yes, maybe the 100 shard drop chances are lower than a girl drop before. But I got the drop this time and have never before lucked with that in the game (with difficult girls). For players like me, the change was good.

my experience was:

I have all the legendary girls in no more than 2 to 8 reloads, for the normal girls of events and revivals all without recharges except ... Val Shao that neither recharging 9 times gave it to me in 8 days (but in valentines already they had touched the drop rate so that the new system would look better).

So as you can imagine if it's all a change for the worse, by the way I have not been playing a month, I have 136 girls and 2 years of play.

Edited by saberbholt

17 minutes ago, saberbholt said:

my experience was:

I have all the legendary girls in no more than 2 to 8 reloads, for the normal girls of events and revivals all without recharges (...) by the way I have not been playing a month, I have 136 girls and 2 years of play.

And in all that time you've never managed to understand that the average player wasn't nearly that lucky? Astounding.

1 minute ago, _shal_ said:

And in all that time you've never managed to understand that the average player wasn't nearly that lucky? Astounding.

Eh who cares about the rest? This is his experience he was talking about. Now it's ruined by the abominable new system.

I have a similar experience with my clubs - some people getting all the legendaries with free drops, getting epics with a few reloads. And me getting nothing for free, ever.
So for me the game has always been Pay2Win - I need to collect 5,400 kobans to get a new strong girl. Any new feature that keeps the price below 5,400 is good for me because I always buy my girls.

I think people with my luck are under-represented in this forum because they would quit quickly and move to other more interesting games. But I imagine my luck is not exceptional because many (most?) of the dead accounts (90% of the server) would be in that category.

3 minutes ago, saberbholt said:

my experience was:

I have all the legendary girls in no more than 2 or 3 reloads, for the normal girls of events and revivals all without recharges except ... Val Shao that neither recharging 9 times gave it to me in 8 days (but in valentines already they had touched the drop rate so that the new system would look better).

Before I reply, I'll state that it is possible that I'm completely misunderstanding you for language reasons.  If the response doesn't address what you really mean, then please forgive me, and ignore it.

It sounds like you had an incredibly long, incredibly lucky streak. Then your luck became closer to the overall expectation, and maybe it was objectively bad for a while.  So, you're disappointed.  Makes sense.  Most people would be.  But you had to know that you were getting lucky because there were other people on the forum having worse luck, and eventually you would too.  That's just how luck (and math) works.

Now a new system that (virtually) prevents anyone's efforts from being completely wasted has been implemented and that's when you choose to leave?  Usually people quit after things get worse, not better.

And honestly, are you really saying that you didn't know that the game had a pay-to-win model from the start?  Free games only have three ways to stay alive, because nothing in life is truly free...

1. subjecting their users to massive amounts of advertising
  2. pay-to-win
  3. spyware / malware

I suppose I could be wrong, but I'm afraid that at this point you sound like someone who had unrealistic expectations, and your complaints aren't going to carry much weight with the devs.  

1 minute ago, Lhans said:

Well as you've noticed, he had been exceptionally lucky. So for him, things got worse and not better.

They got worse before the system change, not specifically after.

We're only a couple of days into the new system, which on paper looks a lot better than the old system.  Further, many people are reporting that their results are better or at least comparable.  I've seen few if any reports that it is worse.  (Other than the snafu of the system being implemented on the last day of the last event...without warning.)

So, I meant that leaving before the new system arrived made a lot more sense than leaving now.

He's not quitting. With his luck, he will need 1-2 more days to get a free 100-shard drop. There's no proof yet that the odds of that have become incredibly worse for epic and legendaries. Although yes, for 12-day event girls the chance of a 100-shard drop seems to be lower than a drop before (based on 1 half-finished event in the test server and one day of a 12-day event in the real server).

For me as well - I have received 100% of the long event girls for free and I expect this to continue with the shard system. If I suddenly have to start spending kobans to complete event girls, I will complain. The new system is an improvement for me only if event girls continue to be easily obtainable for free, and if it makes epic girls obtainable for less than 5,400 kobans - otherwise it just makes more sense to continue with the current game play: collect your rewards daily and about twice a month you are rewarded with an Epic Pachinko spin, so you get about 5 new girls a month (3 from the long event, 2 from Epic Pachinko). Buying the girls is the current game play for me and the reason I continue - without collecting all the rewards religiously, I don't get to 5,400 kobans and a new girl. If the shards give me another way to get more girls, all the better.

5 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Legendary girl was never a thing you could surely obtain via free combativity- and worst part, if you were stuck in a negative rng loop you could have spend 12-15k kobans without getting a girl. The drop rates were always low, the difference now is that not only you can obtain the girl in one fight like before, but you receive progress for your previously "wasted tries" so you can't spend 15k kobans without getting it in the end. It's a much better  than the previous roulette= You sound like you haven't participated in the previous legendary days and are talking based on hearsay.

It's kinda true, but I got the twins and the B2 Copy without spending a koban and spend around 3k Kobans for the last girl (didn't care about the other ones). Now i got 1 Shard of 100 in 40 tries. This is a bad joke. It was a little bit better in the last event, but I think a lot of player (and me) will stop playing this game at this rate. 

^I've also have had a streak with 1 shard in 41 wins, however, don't you think completing 1% of the journey towards an eventual drop in the new system is better than completing 0% of the task from the same number of battles in the old system?

Also have come across a streak of 12 shards from 15 battles.

8 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

^I've also have had a streak with 1 shard in 41 wins, however, don't you think completing 1% of the journey towards an eventual drop in the new system is better than completing 0% of the task from the same number of battles in the old system?

Also have come across a streak of 12 shards from 15 battles.

I think girl drop rate of the old system in addition to the shards of the new system would definitely be better. I mean hey, we asked for a mercy system not an entire overhaul.

1 hour ago, Lhans said:

I think girl drop rate of the old system in addition to the shards of the new system would definitely be better. I mean hey, we asked for a mercy system not an entire overhaul. 

As far as I've seen, minus the odd end of the curve experience, the average event drop rate was 100 fights, it is a little early to be absolutely sure the drop rate has been decreased.

However, it is likely that to balance the relative comfort provided by dropped shards, the final drop rate would've been decreased. The devs probably believe that they have do this, at the very least, to keep their finances stable.

My personal experience is that, before I didn't look forward to using my combativity points, often waiting when it had almost completely filled up because I knew that I was probably still hundreds of fights away from winning any reward. That, in addition to the dread that maybe this will be the event where I finally end up wasting over 10,000 kobans or something.

Now, with the new system, I kind of look forward to get combativity even half-full, and start using it. I even wasted a couple of refills in situations that earlier I would've never even thought of using precious kobans for.

Hopefully, enough paying players will financially support the game for the satisfaction of receiving shards, and for the certainty of not completely wasting their investments etc. so that the devs can keep the drop rates as before.

• Like 2

I like this new system a lot more. 75 shard at about 8 refill is definitely better than 20+ refill to get a girl.

There is only 2 complain thought...

Shard should be drop together with cash or affection.

Instead of min 1 shard, make it 3.

I don't really understand the argument for going back to the old system. If they didn't include instant drops in this system, I could maybe see some argument, but you can still get girls via a 100 affection drop--which now has the bonus of giving a bunch of epic flowers as well. I've gotten 2 instant drops in the past 4 days. 

The main purpose of my post though is to agree with John1039. I pretty much assumed I wouldn't get anything with every single troll combat prior to this system, and that was frustrating. In addition, spending kobans on refills was also frustrating because you would not see any real benefit the vast majority of the time. In my view, nothing discourages future spending more than refilling for hundreds of battles and getting absolutely nothing in return (here's looking at you Taria).

To me, it seems like there are definitely other systems that might be an improvement over this, but the old system was not one of them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YummyTiger said:

I don't really understand the argument for going back to the old system. If they didn't include instant drops in this system, I could maybe see some argument, but you can still get girls via a 100 affection drop--which now has the bonus of giving a bunch of epic flowers as well. I've gotten 2 instant drops in the past 4 days. 

Wow you've been exceptionally lucky. Others not so much.

5 hours ago, YummyTiger said:

The main purpose of my post though is to agree with John1039. I pretty much assumed I wouldn't get anything with every single troll combat prior to this system, and that was frustrating. In addition, spending kobans on refills was also frustrating because you would not see any real benefit the vast majority of the time. In my view, nothing discourages future spending more than refilling for hundreds of battles and getting absolutely nothing in return (here's looking at you Taria).

I think the point is that to get a short event girl normally these days is to spend kobans which is great I agree since its a guaranteed girl however for people starting out with just a few kobans they could only get a girl from the short events if they are exceptionally lucky. Which sucks for them since the next time they could get it is probably next year despite having saved shard progress. Even getting girls from world bosses is harder because you're technically getting shards for 3 girls, you'd most likely only manage to get one around the time you have enough shards to get 2.5 girls unless once again you become exceptionally lucky. But in the end, new free players < paying players/veterans, sounds bad for player number growth however.

Edited by Lhans

33 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Wow you've been exceptionally lucky. Others not so much.

I think the point is that to get a short event girl normally these days is to spend kobans which is great I agree since its a guaranteed girl however for people starting out with just a few kobans they could only get a girl from the short events if they are exceptionally lucky. Which sucks for them since the next time they could get it is probably next year despite having saved shard progress. Even getting girls from world bosses is harder because you're technically getting shards for 3 girls, you'd most likely only manage to get one around the time you have enough shards to get 2.5 girls unless once again you become exceptionally lucky. But in the end, new free players < paying players/veterans, sounds bad for player number growth however.

Counter those 2 drops with the huge portions of time since I started with very few drops in the old system that you claim benefits new players. I simply don't see how getting girls from world bosses is harder. I literally went through the Juy Sea (sp?) before I got my FIRST Dark Lord girl (In fact, I even searched the web to see if I was doing something incorrectly). Getting girls from world bosses in the old system was terrible. It took forever and you had no idea if you were even close. Now, not only can you get lucky and still get them instantly, but you actually have an idea of how close you are. In fact, this system inspired me to go back and start grinding out all those missed girls because before it seemed preferable to just get money since I felt the chance I'd actually get a girl was nearly non-existent. New players are going to want to see progress, not a ton of misses with nothing to show for it.

I think you are remembering the old system as better than it actually was. Unless you were ridiculously lucky, it was terribly frustrating and almost caused me to quit multiple times.

EDIT: All of this is based on the current shard drop rate, which from what I've seen from multiple people is not too bad. If the drop rate gets continuously lowered, then I'd argue differently. The devs hopefully remember that consistent progress is the key, not long dry spells.

Edited by YummyTiger
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, YummyTiger said:

I think you are remembering the old system as better than it actually was. Unless you were ridiculously lucky, it was terribly frustrating and almost caused me to quit multiple times.

Not really. This is from someone who spent months on Ninjaspy, Silvanus and Roko. Damn them. By the time the Attraction system came out however I only have Queen Titania left on Silvanus, who I promptly got from burning kobans, hehe. But I also remember the times where I got a girl in just a few fights or better yet no kobans which is now rather rare during short events in the new system.  Anyways, what's wrong with a player for wishing we still have old drop rates in addition to the shard system as a mercy system? The new system is nice but it also has its own imperfections.

Edited by Lhans

16 hours ago, _shal_ said:

16 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Before I reply, I'll state that it is possible that I'm completely misunderstanding you for language reasons.  If the response doesn't address what you really mean, then please forgive me, and ignore it.

It sounds like you had an incredibly long, incredibly lucky streak. Then your luck became closer to the overall expectation, and maybe it was objectively bad for a while.  So, you're disappointed.  Makes sense.  Most people would be.  But you had to know that you were getting lucky because there were other people on the forum having worse luck, and eventually you would too.  That's just how luck (and math) works.

Now a new system that (virtually) prevents anyone's efforts from being completely wasted has been implemented and that's when you choose to leave?  Usually people quit after things get worse, not better.

And honestly, are you really saying that you didn't know that the game had a pay-to-win model from the start?  Free games only have three ways to stay alive, because nothing in life is truly free...

1. subjecting their users to massive amounts of advertising
  2. pay-to-win
  3. spyware / malware

I suppose I could be wrong, but I'm afraid that at this point you sound like someone who had unrealistic expectations, and your complaints aren't going to carry much weight with the devs.  

Really think people have a problem reading.... the "lucky post" is a response on MY situation and a response of that post when i razone what was the original idea and how ejecute it easy for devolopers with all the advantages of both systems united:

17 hours ago, saberbholt said:

Well, I think that the players have been cheated well, from being a free2play to a win2play.

What was requested was a safety net maintaining the drop rate and that was as easy to implement as every 7 bouts give 1 shard if you do not win the girl, and when you had 100 they give it to you, but keeping the same girl drop rate in the fallen, that assured you that nobody would do more than 700 combats and the winners, what is a safety net. Now what we have is even more difference between free players and paid players for the benefit of the company.

And thats the reason i release the game, good luck to all people and have a good game.

Now it is easier to understand why I leave the game and how simple was the solution that was requested instead of this system that destroys short events?

In my country at least, if you ask for an apple and they give you a banana you do not usually be happy (and usually you tell them that can put it in ....)

You know.. Spain is diferent 😎

Edited by saberbholt

18 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Ofcourse it is a loss, you don't have a guaranteed girl only a 25%chance it will drop so don't waste kobans on this and this really isn't the place to talk about this...

How it's not the right place

The topic is about the attraction sys, and the event pachinko is part of it ...

43 minutes ago, mhd001144 said:

How it's not the right place

The topic is about the attraction sys, and the event pachinko is part of it ...

The event pachinko had no changes under the attraction system. It works exactly the same as it did before, except it awards shards instead of the directly giving the girl. It's shitiness is unrelated to the attraction system