the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

Up to now I have 38 shards for the new Legendary. I refilled several times as I did some light grinding and 38 shards is very low. This system sucks for event girls, bad luck is not addressed, at all. At this point I won't have girls, I'll have shards. Good luck in keeping me around a year so I can reuse them with hope I got them all this time.

My girls from the last event are 100 shard wins, from the event pachinko. And to be honest I was aiming to get gear, which ironically did't drop. I got avatars, various trash but only one rainbow item from several tries, otherwise, they would mere shards in my inventory.

Edited by Vulture

Well we are two full days into trying to score Fabienne with 2 days to go.  I have spent every token I get without spending kobanss and I have a whopping 13 shards.  Needless to say at this rate I won't even come close to getting the girl without spending several thousand or more kobans that I don't have.  Maybe just really bad luck for it to be this bad, but so far I am definitely not at all happy with this new system.  Maybe on Fab's fourth revival event from now I might get close.

This system is so bad that I decided to finally go to the forum and comment. The only 'good' thing is seeing that I'm not alone.

After sinking almost all of my kobans on fighting Edwarda, probably putting me in excess of 240 fights total for current event, I'm only 45/100 done. That's laughable! Devs, FFS, cumulative probability isn't hard. Make a base chance n%, increase it by some m% every k battles and roll the dice. If you must incentivise use of premium currency, double/tripple/etc those coefficients (sans k) if the user spent more than x/2x/3x/etc over the last 24 hours or bought a refill on fights. Make the values public and stop messing around with it. Or, even better, simply give us an option to spend something like 2000 kobans on the girl instead of 'rescuing' them, since there's basically no reason to have it luck-based. There, you can have my solution free of charge.

^I had similar results. I reached 45 shards by 219 fights. If you think this is bad, especially for a legendary drop, then it would appear that aside from your first time commenting, this is also your first time reading on the forum too.

As a starting point, I would suggest reading:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Well we are two full days into trying to score Fabienne with 2 days to go.  I have spent every token I get without spending kobanss and I have a whopping 13 shards.  Needless to say at this rate I won't even come close to getting the girl without spending several thousand or more kobans that I don't have.  Maybe just really bad luck for it to be this bad, but so far I am definitely not at all happy with this new system.  Maybe on Fab's fourth revival event from now I might get close.

I think some people are mistakenly thinking that you will be able to get her with free refills only through shards. This is virtually impossible. You can only get her for free the same way as before, get really lucky and have the instant drop. If that doesnt happen, then like before, you wont get her.

Then what are shards for? To keep at least some of your progress for the next time and to make sure that if you do start spending kobans, there is a failsafe now to prevent spending 10k or more without a drop. 

So if you are playing free, wish for the lucky 100 drop. Dont try to collect shards. There is simply no time. It is supposed to be hard/pricey. 

Edited by DHarry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dvvc said:

This system is so bad that I decided to finally go to the forum and comment. The only 'good' thing is seeing that I'm not alone.

After sinking almost all of my kobans on fighting Edwarda, probably putting me in excess of 240 fights total for current event, I'm only 45/100 done. That's laughable! Devs, FFS, cumulative probability isn't hard. Make a base chance n%, increase it by some m% every k battles and roll the dice. If you must incentivise use of premium currency, double/tripple/etc those coefficients (sans k) if the user spent more than x/2x/3x/etc over the last 24 hours or bought a refill on fights. Make the values public and stop messing around with it. Or, even better, simply give us an option to spend something like 2000 kobans on the girl instead of 'rescuing' them, since there's basically no reason to have it luck-based. There, you can have my solution free of charge.

Yours sounds a bit below average I think. People who went and burnt through a bunch of kobans during discount got Fabienne supposedly around 20-25th refill or so. I myself got her on my 24th refill starting from 0 combativity. 

• Like 1

After 250 fights, I was at 61 shards (then got 100 shard drop).

So yes, with 200 free fights over four days you are supposed to get to around 40 shards of the girl. Just like before, you have the option of getting a free drop during those four days (it has never happened to me with legendaries).
For the remaining 60 shards, you have a choice - spend them on buying fights around 10-15 times (2,500-3,000 kobans) or wait for the revival that may give you a lucky full drop (again, I have never had that with legendaries) and takes you to around 75-80 shards. Then spend around 1,000-1,500 kobans to buy the fights to get her or wait for the third revival that gives you a reasonable chance of getting the girl for free.

Right now most of the people who have spent kobans on fights, have spent less than 5,400 kobans. It is actually amazing that a legendary girl can be obtained cheaper than any random pachinko girl.

You are right that without spending kobans, your only chance of getting a legendary girl during 4 days is with a lucky 100 shard drop, just like the lucky full drop before.
Many people have got the lucky drop this time, many people have got it at earlier events.
However, 90-95% of the players will not be able to get a legendary girl without spending kobans. This is true now, just as it has always been true.

The only thing that has changed - it is virtually impossible now to be so unlucky that you spend 7,000 or 10,000 kobans to get a legendary.

But right now there is no proof yet to claim that the chance of a lucky drop is significantly lower now than before.
In my club there were lucky 100 shard drops at 250 fights and 150 fights. In fact, nobody has ever been so lucky at a legendary event before, this far only one player maximum has got the girl at legendary events (there are no heavy spenders in the club).

Wasn't it till yesterday that there was a 35% discount in boss refill? And die it state to be there for next 7 days? Because it is gone. It would be very unfair to cut a discount during an ongoing event, for sure a leg one!

Plesse tell: was there one? Gone for you too?

11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

But right now there is no proof yet to claim that the chance of a lucky drop is significantly lower now than before.
In my club there were lucky 100 shard drops at 250 fights and 150 fights. In fact, nobody has ever been so lucky at a legendary event before, this far only one player maximum has got the girl at legendary events (there are no heavy spenders in the club).

Until I get a lucky drop myself, I'll assume it's lower. Considering how many kobans I spent already on refills without getting one, I'm rather miffed. The guaranteed girls console me though.

3 minutes ago, windia said:

There was one, it expired. Pretty much why I burnt through kobans to get Fabienne so early in the event. Gotta check the expiration date next time.

Edited by Lhans

Just now, windia said:

Wasn't it till yesterday that there was a 35% discount in boss refill? And die it state to be there for next 7 days? Because it is gone. It would be very unfair to cut a discount during an ongoing event, for sure a leg one!

There was one that started on the 12th, as part of Nutaku's Valentines sale (was offered on HH to be fair to the server). It only lasted for the first day of the legendary days event.

8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

The only thing that has changed - it is virtually impossible now to be so unlucky that you spend 7,000 or 10,000 kobans to get a legendary.

7000 is probably still possible. Remember that there was the above mentioned discount on day 1, so the koban amounts are lower than they otherwise would be.

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Yeah but the discount forced people to spend in the first day of the event.
In the future most of the spending would be after 200 free fights on the final day when it looks likely that everybody already has 30-40 shards.

George is on the mark though. Some simming indicates that a very bad luck outcome on Legendary Days would be needing ~850 battles, rather than the average ~500. Take out the 200 free combativity, and that's 650 to be done through refills => 7020 kobans. That's likely going to happen to less than 1% of the playerbase (probably even less than 0.1%), but it's in the realm of possibility.

Edited by _shal_

But I never said I was expecting to get this girl without spending real money on refills.  Call this an experiment to see how the system performs.  In the past I got Levitya, Norou and Golden Bunny on their first events and did anywhere from 2-10 refills each to do it.  I got the twins on their debut event without spending kobans.  I missed out on Taria after spending some kobans.  Just the luck of the draw.

Looking at this new system before the event I knew it would be virtually impossible to get this girl first try without spending kobans, whereas under the old system there was always a small chance to do just that.  Maybe my drop rate on shards has been more unlucky than most (I have always been able to accept bad luck, have no doubt), but so far I am simply not liking this new system.  So far in this experiment I remain... disappointed.  If this is any indication many of us will need future revival events by the truckload (unless we want to spend all our hard earned kobans on refills).

On 2/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, BananaJoy said:

for revival it was always difficult to get both. for main i dont really see a problem with the new system to get both. u have 5 days for each girl. so its possible to achieve.

then it must have been very lucky in all the revival events to esepcion of these last two I always got the two girls
but I keep saying that it would be better to increase a bit the fall of pieces or the frequency

22 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I would agree with BryVaz on this one, the 4 day events seem to be too short given the payout rates.

Again, this is on purpose. You are NOT supposed to win a legendary girl with free fills through shards. 

That someone won Levitya etc before means nothing. Thousands did not and some spent an insane amiunt of kobans. That last thing is now impossible. So now its all fair to me. You can still get lucky and win her on the first try, but as before, that chance is SUPER small. As before.

The shards are a failsafe/ koban ceiling to prevent rediculous koban spending without a result and to give you a better chance at the revival if you already worked in her, which again, is fair and never was the case. I worked on Levitya the first event, then solely on her the revival, as I was HC at the time. Didnt get her twice. And if she were ever to return, I start at 0.0 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That's why you have to hoard your resources and not waste them on other stuff. You can spend them on a revival a day before the lgendary event and wallow your "bad luck" "why can't i get her for 10refills" and so on, or you can save them up as i did and spend them on the legendary girl. Ofcourse it is a hard choice, but it's a free one and you made it. You can't get every girl unless you buy kobans, this is a business after all not charity. From the complai ts pointed out above, i did see only laughable amounts of refills. Are you siriously expecting to get the hardest girl in 200fights? Get real! A simple rare event girl can take more than 500 fights(my perso al experience). If you have complInts show us some data, number of refills/kobans spend not just a "i didn't gdt her, got only shards this sucks!

I might sound harsh, but i have no pity for the people who "wasted" their resources on the previous events and now expect the girl to be served on a silver plate. A random pachinko girl is worth 5400kobans, a known legendary is worth at least twice of that amount. Moreovdr 10k kobans is quite achieveable by saving for 2 months with only daily quests without including - conquests,  tof and weekly rewards. If you want someone to blame for your "bad luck" or the "bad system" blame your own choice. 

On tbe other hand it's true that getting shards only once per 20 fights feels bad, that's why i would have preferred a more frequent drops, but at least now you wont spend 10k ko ans and get only 5k ymen rewards from Grunt or the Dark Lord for all of them. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Lhans said:

[…]

There was one, it expired. Pretty much why I burnt through kobans to get Fabienne so early in the event. Gotta check the expiration date next time.

k, thanks for confirmation. Well, even I wondered that it existed after valentine, I did miss that checking part, my bad.

I'm only out of Kobans because I decided to be. I used to get both event girls all the times, of course most time with refils, but there were lucky doubles too, one right after the other. HAve all the 5 star Legendary, only one, Levitya was from a revival.  Now except for getting trolled by the game on getting almost full shards of 2 Edwarda's girls that I missed and then given 100 shards for each uselessly spreading my shard wins. This event, where there's only Fabienne, same as with bosses with no girls on barely any shard, I went as far as 22, 9, 13, 12, combativity in a row without a single shard (those I counted and remember). This system is pure greed trip by the devs as it is right now.

Edited by Vulture

Man.. what the hell with this shard system all of the sudden.. just when I started to enjoy it.

Get 95 shard at about 10 refill. Now all of the sudden shard stop dropping & all it does drop is cash & affection. 

Spending about 40 refill by now & still no shard.

Who wants to spend a year dating shards lol. Maybe this uninteresting Legendary will come back sooner, but what about the calendar locked events? I'm still salty about Val Shao as she was on my wishlist and the last day of event fiasco happened.  If this persist on a larger scale I can see a decline in the player pool before the next Valentine revival.

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, jelom said:

@Valgo I have passed just for the opposite. I got Fabienne the first day after 473 battles and have been pounding karole for three days until 5 minutes ago. 117 battles to finally getting a shard again. Yes, the RNG is being strange.

Feel like being scam when the shard drop rate being decent till you get close to 100.

2 minutes ago, Valgo said:

Feel like being scam when the shard drop rate being decent till you get close to 100.

It would indicate a scam if that had been everyone's experience.  It hasn't been.

I mentioned earlier that I got the last dozen or so shards in a short burst of 13 fights.

What everyone is describing is simply the nature of randomness.  We humans like order so much that we impose patterns on things that have no underlying pattern, and we likely always will.

• Like 1