Do you hate the Attraction system? Give suggestions to fix it.

48 minutes ago, MSM007 said:

I didn't have to use refills last event so I had a decent supply of Kobans, and this is all I have to show for Fabienne. Really need to start putting correct dates in as well.

Capture.JPG

Event finished on the 22nd, which is before the 23rd. There was also a timer in the bottom right. No excuse really.

• Like 1

One problem with events and revivals will be that many of the girls are with low-level bosses. So if you make most of the players fight there for 4-5 days, it will harm the finances a lot. Especially when you don't even pay out the measly 3,500 or 5,000 bucks every time you drop a couple of shards.
First, I see no reason for low-level bosses. I made a new account and with the current reward system, it took me around 24 hours of clicking to reach Level 25 and Ninja Spy. Basically there is no reason ever to place someone below Gruntt, especially at revivals, because the situation has changed and it now takes a minimum of effort to sail past Ninja to the next world.

I know putting some girls to low level bosses is necessary but at least seriously consider the possibility of always giving money with boss fights because you have to admit the average time of getting event girls will be longer now - even if it is still achievable during 5/12 days.

Well, at least previously you had a chance to get the legendary girls at one go, WITHOUT spending kobans. With this new system I invested every point into fights with Edwarda over the course of the event and didn't get more than 10-12 attraction for that.

That's really fucked up.

• Like 1

Just now, botc76 said:

Well, at least previously you had a chance to get the legendary girls at one go, WITHOUT spending kobans. With this new system I invested every point into fights with Edwarda over the course of the event and didn't get more than 10-12 attraction for that.

That's really fucked up.

The current system also has a chance to get the girl dropped in a single shot without spending kobans. This was stated in the patch notes, you might want to read them.

55 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The current system also has a chance to get the girl dropped in a single shot without spending kobans. This was stated in the patch notes, you might want to read them.

Or I might not. What good does the chance do for me, if it is so low it never happens?

Edited by botc76

12 minutes ago, botc76 said:

Or I might not. What good does the chance do for me, if it is so low it never happens?

The same applies to Legendary Days drop rate previously. i know plenty of people who didn't get any girl for free. I was simply replying to you saying that it WAS possible before, implying that it isn't now.

I have never got a legendary before. Decided not to spend thousands on it and waited for a free drop. I got it now with the new system so my experience would be to state that the odds of getting a 100 shard drop are incredibly better than those of a full girl before.

Old system - zero. New system - one. Therefore 100% better chances now. Of course it would be wrong. Just that I was lucky now and not lucky before.

On the other hand, 200 free fights and 10 shards is incredibly little. Most people got to around 30 shards with that number of fights. luckiest to 40, unlucky to 20.
10-12 seems incredibly bad luck - I was at 10 shards after 60 fights and at 17 after 80 fights (this was followed by 13 shards over the next 20, so I was at 30 shards after 100 fights).

When did the 10 drop for you? Regularly during the days or more at the beginning/end of the event?
My fights were early on, mostly with gold due to the promotion - many people reported incredibly good luck with Zack in the first hours. Maybe the devs changed the drop rate for the worse after this?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lhans said:

Why do you think there are so many posters with low post counts coming in just to complain? (Barring fake accounts) While the average of fights before you get a girl might be better, people only see their amount of shards saying nope you're not getting this girl at the end of this event.

Because [skipping sarcastic part] people tend to have small amount of understanding of statistics.

assume you have a 10 % drop likelyhood: now you do 10 battles - what result do you expect to be "norm"?

now you do 100 battles - how many drops to you expect to be normal?

let's assume you got 10 drops - what do you say at which battle these 10 drops should happen? 

my answers look for gaussian distribution:

- 10 battles: anything from 0 to 2 is quite normal

- 100 battles: anything from 5 to 15 is quite normal

- sequence: anything from 1st to 100th in any order is quite normal

To really sort things out you need to have a known variance, that would give you the opportunity to talk about expected value - and which distribution really is used. gaussian is not the only one. And then … we are coming closer to next problem: data.

having 10 % drop and 1000 battles does by far not imply to get 100 drops. all 10 one.

it means more like "for 100.000 battles you can roughly calculate with 10.000 drops with uncertain sequence." So 1000 battles without drop does not prove "drops to low" - it is more "data to low and very unlikely".

that's more or less what I kept in mind from my statistics lessons - ignoring semantics between statistic and stochastic for a moment…

if you know what you could have missed, you can complain. and I claim to have counted here more complaints about "did 40 battles and nothing" than "did 500 battles and nothing". and the ones not missing: don't complain - complainer tend to be "more communicative" to tell more people about it.

Edited by windia

10 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

We can confirm that in both classic (the 12 days event) and the revival, you can collect both girls, on average without spending kobans, as in the previous system.

so does this imply the droprate for attraction is higher on revival events? because the duration is less than half of main events (5d vs 12d) and the average attraction count on drop is less than double of main events (6.5 vs 3.5). this would imply a dropchance for revivals that is ~1.292 times higher than for main events to make the overall average girl drops the same for main events and revivals.

Edited by Habi

7 minutes ago, Habi said:

so does this imply the droprate for attraction is higher on revival events? because the duration is less than half of main events (5d vs 12d) and the average attraction count on drop is less than double of main events (6.5 vs 3.5). this would imply a dropchance for revivals that is ~1.29 times higher than for main events to make the overall average girl drops the same for main events and revivals.

the patch notes say that you get 1-12 shards in revival instead of 1-6 in norml event - does that count as "collectable"?

1 minute ago, windia said:

the patch notes say that you get 1-12 shards in revival instead of 1-6 in norml event - does that count as "collectable"?

i don't understand what you mean with that. 1-12 shards is 6.5 on average ((1+12)/2) and 1-6 shards is 3.5 on average ((1+6)/2). i don't know what you mean with "collectable".

Edited by Habi

Just now, Habi said:

i don't understand what you mean with that. 1-12 shards is 6.5 on average and 1-6 shards is 3.5 on average. i don't know what you mean with "collectable".

sorry, misunderstood your numbers first. meant "collectable in shorter time with same effort"

then I would say: 6.5 is close enough to be called "double" of 3.5 😉

6 minutes ago, windia said:

sorry, misunderstood your numbers first. meant "collectable in shorter time with same effort"

then I would say: 6.5 is close enough to be called "double" of 3.5 😉

"close enough" is not enough. it's only 1.857 times higher. also 5/12 = 0.4166666 could be called "close enough" to half of the duration but it isn't. those combined effects puts revivals at a 1.292 times lower overall shard count if the droprate was the same and i highly doubt that would still be enough for both girls gotten on average. that's too big of an offset. so my guess is the droprate is higher and it would be good if kaos confirmed that.
(another option would be to favor higher shard drops over lower ones in revivals to compensate the factor 1.292 but it would be way harder to properly/evenly distribute it to achieve the same overall girl drops and thus i don't think this is the solution)

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1

So my solution to the problems with attraction is two things you can do that would solve most of the issues I think people have.

First instead of making the money or shards mutually exclusive, just always give the money and make it a small chance to also get shards.

Second increase the % chance of shard drops for every time you don't win a shard, resetting back to base chance every time you do win a shard. For example lets say you have a 20% chance of winning a shard as base. Every time you don't win a shard increase it by 5%, by your 7th attempt it'll have 50/50 chance and you're guaranteed a drop at 17 tries. After winning a shard it resets back to 20%.

Of course I just made up the numbers for simplicity, realistically it would probably be lower like 10% with an increase of ~3%, but of course you can tune these numbers to effect drop rates.

• Like 1

It is also troublesome that after four days and 200 battles we get reports of 50 or 10 shards. This difference is too big.
The system should in a way remove extreme luck and bad luck, so that if the median number of shards is 15 for 100 battles, we get an average of 30 over 200 battles and four days. Extreme luck would be 40 and extreme bad luck 20 shards - and we still have the super-extreme good luck of a 100 shard drop.

But in a way, if somebody can get just 10 while others get 50, we are back to the RNG swings because with 10 you really feel as frustrated as before - you fought but got nothing at all while some other lucky bastards got 50 and everybody else and their uncle got around 30 shards.

Keep the chance of super lucky 50 shards but the system should have a safeguard - if after a certain number of fights (50, 100 etc) the number of shards is too low, increase the chances for a while, until the player reaches the comfort zone. Don't tell the players what the exact comfort zone is but establish a certain minimum that nobody can fall below, not matter how unlucky they are with RNG. The system would only kick in when after a certain number of fights the player is "in the red" with shards - after reaching the comfort zone, leave it up to the general RNG luck again.
But on the opposite side, just keep the superlucky chances to get to 50 shards - don't establish a maximum limit for luck.

In a way it seems that devs want to remove both - extreme unluck and also extreme luck on the other side. That is why the 100 shard drops were initially removed.

You should not be worried about luck - it is a good thing if players are inexplicably unstatistically lucky sometimes, don't take away happiness from the game. Your concern should only be to remove unhappiness and extreme bad luck - using whatever formulas, safeguards you can to remove extreme disappointment from the game.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it can really suck not getting someone during a limited time event, and I only got 31 affection from Fabienne, but then for the main girls in the story I can see it helping out over time when I'm just farming cash anyways and having affection build up. Towards the end I kind of ended up saying hell with it and went back to just harassing the boss I was at in story. My luck with the affection seems to be absolutely terrible in getting like one or two at a time pretty infrequently and feels like it'd end up taking a few years to get a girl (or guy for the gay harem) from attempts at the rate for the luck I seem to have with the new system. And this is with the girls that will probably even get cycled back into events, and not just go into the Panchiko and probably just... stay there.

Granted I like the idea of being able to see where I may be at with the story girls (even if it's not a random anymore, but some of those girls after a couple months or year and it gets annoying so this could help there so at least there's a build up), but then girls/guys with a short time that are barely giving anything before having to wait a long time to try again (if you get to) can be understandingly frustrating.

Edit: Want to point out too I do understand for past thing probably better than for where in the past could be doing the fights and not get a guy/girl at all anyways and not have an affection buildup that would stay even after the event ended, that may be used for later(?), so that's a plus? But I at first thought it was the legendaries were just having lower rates and others would have higher, but then again my luck could just suck for this. There's kind of a pro and con thing here.

But the affection taking up a place of a cash drop, especially for the lower bosses that do already give barely anything can be annoying. I can end up spending quite a bit sometimes on League stuff sometimes or harems and then it's a choice between trying for a chance to get a new girl/guy or trying to get cash for something in the shop I need and if there's a lot of events right after each other that hurts even more. Having it along with cash may at least be a good fix, at least for low bosses.

Edited by GameSam
Addon
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, Kinkoid said:

For your first proposition, the average number of fight necessary to unlock a girl has decreased, so on average, the girls are easier to get and in more reliable way. Increasing the chance to unlock the girl in one fight would unbalance this average and we consider that it would create a bad experience, creating just a feeling of the girls being too easy to obtain.
Regarding the second one, it is not something we desire as it would go against the goal of the system : lower the impact of the RNG without making it disappear. The lower the chances of the attraction points is, the highest chances to get a lose streak in which you get nothing (similar to what we had in the previous system). Yet we are looking into the balance of income. :)

Finally, we are aware of this situation and are looking into some solutions that would be interesting. The issue with the sequential (at least how we understand what you mean by that) is that if you are unlucky with the beginning of your sequence, you will get your favorite girl last, probably creating some undesired frustration.

Not sure if it has been suggested yet, but It might be a nice idea to implement attraction point consumables into the arena win streak reward system, similar to the occasional energy boost reward. By 'consumables' I mean attraction points that are free to spend on girls you already have attraction points on, for the sake of slowly but surely acquiring a girl outside its event, instead of having to wait for a revival event or an entire year.

• Like 1

The new system is good for how it was presented, that is an extra method to take the girls over the single stroke of luck, but in fact the possibility of taking a girl in one stroke, although still present, has been reduced, and this is wrong.
In addition, even the drop rate of the individual pieces is quite low and often we find ourselves doing the 20 games in a row without taking even 1 shard.
I think that the idea of the transparency of showing the percentage of completion is interesting but it should not be the only method because what was frustrating in the last system was the low drop rate but if to implement this new possibility the drop rate is further reduced then the problem is not solved but amplified.
I understand that the idea of the programmers is to earn and that, anyway, a game too easy would not be fun but you should get a balance between the two things and currently, unfortunately, it is not so.

I think that keeping the old system with the old percentage of drop adding the attraction system (putting shards as an additional random reward instead of an alternative to the normal one), and with a higher minimum frequency for the shards would have really made a difference.

Aiming all only on the attraction system drastically reducing the possibility of having 100% in one stroke, instead, I think it was a bad mistake.

• Like 1

First things first, i like the new system as it isn't all 'hit or miss' any more where you either get the girl or walk away with nothing.

I'm just worried about server lag.

They just got it fixed, and now it needs to also keep track of how many fractions of girl every player has. :/

Edited by Makinen

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

Event finished on the 22nd, which is before the 23rd. There was also a timer in the bottom right. No excuse really.

Yeah, well as close as I was an extra day might of been all I needed to roll those last 8 shards. These events are way too short with this shard system, since before you just needed to get lucky once, Now you need to get lucky a dozen times to MAYBE get one girl.

• Like 1

The attraction system is not working for me. It seems to have turned the game into another pay-to-win type of situations. Very disappointed.

Before, with enough determination, I could guarantee obtaining at least 1 event girl. It was not unusual to obtain 2 event girls.

Now, I cannot even complete one event girl's shards. This is very frustrating.

Suggestion:

My suggestion would be to have, during events, one girl be in the first-half of the map, and at least another available on the second-half of the map (Sylvanus, Bremen, Finalmecia, Roko). I consider that this would help provide balance between newbies and veteran players. Collecting shards should not be a waste of cash for the veteran players. Even if I do not get an event girl, at least I would not have hit such a dent on my income for constantly fighting the Dark Lord or Ninja Spy.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I hate the new system too. I only got 20 affection for Fabienne during last event..... Some people might be getting lucky with affection drops  but I have simply been screwed over. Well I guess I just gotta live with with the fact that I am never gonna get any girl from events again FeelsBadMan

• Like 1

I hate this new systemn, you don't have the surprise of seeing the girl coming after a battle anymore, you don't have the "chill" when you start a fight again a boss, saying in yourself "this time will be the good one". Now, you just have to wait until the rate is at 100 %... yaaaaay

To fix it: juste keep the old rate of girl-dropping and use the affection as a second system when you can have the girl or the rate; and so wif you don't have the gir with the rate, you can always say "Hey, I have at least 87 attraction, I still have a chance to drop her

Edited by Bigka
  • Like 2