Do you hate the Attraction system? Give suggestions to fix it.

12 hours ago, Highwayman said:

I also don't seem to be having any luck on the short event girls, as it seems I cannot acquire one without spending approximately 2K kobans per girl per event.  

Depends on the event. Regular events (12 day ones) are pretty much the only ones mathematically where you're likely to get the two girls without having to use any kobans.

Revival events are also pretty close, but the educated estimates put you at 0-3 possible refills to get both girls.

Epic and Legendary events both require a moderate to substantial amount of refills now (Epic ~333 attacks per girl, Legendary ~500 attacks per girl) unless you get the 100 jackpot or get luckier than lucky with shard rate.

Edited by pitythefool
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's with that lowball estimate for the Legendary event? Like what did you people took the average from, I'm curious, how many players were taken into consideration?  I spent 50+ free combativity daily, yes I squeezed every last point I could from the league, daily missions and standard points, I lost maybe 10 points all event, and that's a big maybe. I also spent around 2500 kobans, 2000 on discounted combativity, a whopping 55 Shards for Fabienne, that's 550+ combativity and I barely made it half way.

44 minutes ago, Vulture said:

What's with that lowball estimate for the Legendary event? Like what did you people took the average from, I'm curious, how many players were taken into consideration?  I spent 50+ free combativity daily, yes I squeezed every last point I could from the league, daily missions and standard points, I lost maybe 10 points all event, and that's a big maybe. I also spent around 2500 kobans, 2000 on discounted combativity, a whopping 55 Shards for Fabienne, that's 550+ combativity and I barely made it half way.

If you get the combativity from arena, you get exactly 50 combativity per day, so I'm not sure how you spent more than 50 every day (ignoring league as it's inconsistent).

Anyway the number of fights came from a 10% drop rate, average drop of 2 shards per fight, and basic maths (2 shards every 10 fights, means 50x10=500). RNG says some will take more, others will take less.

I simply averaged the total I had and spread it equally because I don't exactly remember the  number for each day, and sorry, I also carried on some of the past day's combativity at start. That's beyond the point, as it not like those couple points could make any difference.  For a guy who used to gamble on several types of machines, I'll just say the 10% drop rate can be quite decieving. Let's take the old 'Poker automat' as it was called here for example and say we fixed it at 10% chance for an opportunity, or a winning/playable hand. It depends on two simple things really;

1.) how it will spread that 10 percent, it could start giving more winning hands near the end of the measuring period/numbers of tries (in which the system is set to fork the 10% in) where the player is low or out of funds, forcing him to buy more tries to win mere 'chances for an opportunity', hence your 10% potential remains just that, potential, or it costs more than the prize value.

2.) The 10 percent drop rate statement has shaky foundations from the get go. Simple logic, really.  The 10% is just the number of winning hands among all the dry spells, as in, you now have to play high/low card, but it is not the same if all I get is One Pair where I need a miracle to do something with or a Five of a kind that I do not need to double to instawin or a street flush that I have to double once or twice. If the 10 percent is further fixed to only give a Five of a kind once every 0.001% times a SF every 0.1% wile One Pair is over 90%  it is easy to burn trough all your currency without hitting the prize. 

English is not my first language so I'm sorry if it's a bit confusing, but basically with few minor diferences, the shard system work the exact same way.

The new system is tiring and demands that we keep refiling. If at least in every 10x battle we get some attraction, it would be at least fair, but sometimes in a 10x battle you get no attraction!! It's frustrating... 

And I also play the Gay Harem, and it seems that the sistem is even worst at drops there.  

Please, some one improve it!!

17 minutes ago, Kay J said:

The new system is tiring and demands that we keep refiling. If at least in every 10x battle we get some attraction, it would be at least fair, but sometimes in a 10x battle you get no attraction!! It's frustrating...

And I also play the Gay Harem, and it seems that the sistem is even worst at drops there.

Please, some one improve it!!

Guaranteed attraction from every x10 fight would be a p2w feature. Please do not advocate for p2w features. Thanks.

10 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Guaranteed attraction from every x10 fight would be a p2w feature. Please do not advocate for p2w features. Thanks.

So bring back the old system, coz this one, this way, isn't working. Thanks.

Guest Grifs
On 4/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

P2w? Is that meant Pay to win? I'm sorry, but how do you call the current approch if not like p2w, because with drop rate so low it simply is demanding for paying if you want to win. Especially in events like Epic or Legendary, and term of 4 days, if previously you could have chance to win at any day, then now if you don't pay you simply need wait another year or two which means this is p2w or should we call it p2p because even paying you gen no warranies that you will win.

Guest Grifs

By the way in my club i see players not having any progress for several weeks. So i believe players are seeing less and less reason to play the game. And being so stubborn doesn't help here.

As well introducing work on a new game seems like you also feel that you have killed your golden goose.

According to weekly ToF data the active player base has been almost completely stable for the last half year. There might well be old players dropping out (there always are) but it's been compensated by new players joining. So no, the sky is not falling for Kinkoid, in all likelihood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest Grifs said:

By the way in my club i see players not having any progress for several weeks. So i believe players are seeing less and less reason to play the game. And being so stubborn doesn't help here.

As well introducing work on a new game seems like you also feel that you have killed your golden goose.

Well the way it goes, it feels similar to the Star Wars Galaxies NGE update controversy. I haven't played it personally but I heard the change really pissed players off. Hopefully this game won't go the same way - SWG is dead.

No matter what the chances are there's always going to be outliers that are super lucky or super unlucky. No one has a problem being super lucky so well ignore that end of the spectrum. The only way to give a real "safety net" for the unluckiest is to guarantee a drop. The two best ways I can think of to fix the affection system is A: after x number of plays against a girl, award shards/100 shards, obviously awarding 100 would make the x a much larger number. or B: after every fight add n% chance to drop shards with n increasing every time you don't receive shards, and resetting when you do.

I'm making up some numbers for examples. A would guarantee a shard drop every 30 fights, or give 100 shards after say 1000 fights. Maybe even add both. B would give a 1% base chance to drop shards, with .5% increase every time you don't receive shards, resetting when you do. The drop chance would look like 1%, 1.5%, 2%, 2.5%... until it resets back to 1% when you win a shard.

A would remove most of the randomness while B would keep things random, just with an increased chance. Personally I like option B more, though it may be harder to implement from a technical standpoint.

5 hours ago, Guest Grifs said:

P2w? Is that meant Pay to win? I'm sorry, but how do you call the current approch if not like p2w, because with drop rate so low it simply is demanding for paying if you want to win. Especially in events like Epic or Legendary, and term of 4 days, if previously you could have chance to win at any day, then now if you don't pay you simply need wait another year or two which means this is p2w or should we call it p2p because even paying you gen no warranies that you will win.

I didn't say the current system is perfect, but it's hardly going to become less p2w by implementing new p2w features in it? So you should actually be agreeing with me that their suggestion is a bad idea.

Most players who use all their freely regenerated combativity have been getting at least one girl from classic and revival events, with many getting close (or all) on a second, so p2w isn't the only way to success.

As for Epic Days, well normally those girls are locked behind the pachinko, so I think it's fine to have to spend Kobans on them, and legendary days girls are the literal top tier of game play, so yes they're probably expected to need spending of (freely earned in game) Kobans.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think that the new system is doing its job at being more consistent.

New 12 day events with shards got both girls free with about a day left. Revivals usually only need the 1 girl from rotated roster because I have been playing a few years. Legendary/Epic days 3-5k for combat refills per girl.

This has been for all the events since shards started. Unlike the one event last year that I'm waiting on the revival for, I spent all free combat plus full bar from day before and 10 refills and got nothing.

image.png.e0b490999d6cef5c0e42829f9208f797.png

2,5-3,5k gold spend on battles during each legendary days. I'm not pick up girl. But have saved progress for next her visit. In old system: full stock of free battles + a lot of gold and don't have nothing. Feel the difference.

On all another event, excluding Legendary days - took all girls without any serious problems. Yes, with spend gold in battles. But not many gold. Covered with rewards for quests and 150 daily gold.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:26 AM, Салерион said:

Seriously?

I do not buy gold. And I am completely satisfied with the new system. For me, as for a free player, it is much better than the old one.

Let's re-talk about this matter when you will have gained another hundred of levels... I may be wrong, but I deem possible you may change your opinion by then...

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

Let's re-talk about this matter when you will have gained another hundred of levels... I may be wrong, but I deem possible you may change your opinion by then...

Hmm ... And what will change for me when I get the 350th level? With the old system, I either got a girl or not. Without any progress. Everything rested entirely on personal luck. I'm not a very lucky person. With the new system, even without the "lacky drop" there is a fixed progress, which is preserved. Yes, still personal luck plays a very big role. Because the "pure rendom" and incorrect RNG. But in any case, there is progress that is visually tracked.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a frustrating thing happen. Had gotten Oxton, from Retro Girls to 99 after 2 and 1/2 days, so was thinking had shot at getting girl from Eduarda too. Then, got enough of the tokens to to run the 4 shot special Pachinko. Ran it, for only 2nd time got a girl out of it (once on space set) and sure enough is Oxton. got the 99 bouquets, but can't help feeling like just waisted either a lot of battles OR 1800 of the tokens (which I paid for half of). I am new to game, only played couple months, but that was pure frustration. If you win a girl in the pachinko, should prioritize the ones you can't get rescuing them.

You should have just completed the shards, before going for the EP.

Why the rush? the EP is still there until the end of the event.

Same strategy for any event. use your combat points till the very last day to get the free boss girls. Run the Epic/Event Pachinko, only after securing the free ones, that will remove them from EP, so you get a shot at a different one.

7 hours ago, slikmar said:

I just had a frustrating thing happen. Had gotten Oxton, from Retro Girls to 99 after 2 and 1/2 days, so was thinking had shot at getting girl from Eduarda too. Then, got enough of the tokens to to run the 4 shot special Pachinko. Ran it, for only 2nd time got a girl out of it (once on space set) and sure enough is Oxton. got the 99 bouquets, but can't help feeling like just waisted either a lot of battles OR 1800 of the tokens (which I paid for half of). I am new to game, only played couple months, but that was pure frustration. If you win a girl in the pachinko, should prioritize the ones you can't get rescuing them.

• 4 weeks later...

You have to make a "bad luck protection" system. This is normal when you get zero shards after ten attempts. This is a little annoying when you get zero shards after twenty attempts. It's damn hateful when you get zero shards after forty attempts. And this is completely unacceptable when you get zero fragments after sixty or more attempts.

And all you need to fix it is just to make a counter of failed attempts. If the number of failed attempts is greater than the chance of shard drops + 3-5, just make one forced drops of the shards. It’s so easy that even a little silly one-eyed paralytic monkey after a lobotomy can do it.

PS Try to guess how lucky I was in the last 24 hours?