Spring Break

Zanko

Sometimes collecting shards from Karole may be painful if you cannot get 1 shards in 1 to 2 refills.And we have only 5 chapters unreleased in Ninja Sacred island.I didn't have enough days to fight Karole to get all shards from 3 girls before new world release.

(I get one girl before shard update,thanks to the luck)

Also I haven’t get Edna from Finalmecia.

6 hours ago, Observer_X said:

This event caught me off guard, as I forgot to be ready with a 20 combativity bar, and at 5:00 in the morning I discovered the girl rotation. This gave me mixed feelings. By one side, at first i was happy of the opportunity to get two different girls, but then I considered the new affection system and the limited time, reasoning that with any probabiliy, being a free player, I would be able to get only one of the girls, and that added to my frustration. Frustration that was already in place, because on the other side, after awaiting this particular revival for ONE FULL YEAR, I get denied the possibility to get Spring Rumiko, the ONLY villain-regular-(non epic/legendary)-event-girl I missed since I started playing the game (apart the two versions of Mala and the monster girls, but I willingly never spent a combativity points on the first, and never will, and ditched the monster girls because i didn't want one of them as my 100th girl). And I deem this really unfair. So, adding the fact that i will probably have to sweat a lot to get only Spring Lola (i decided to try for her, because I like her more although I am Hardcore and Virginia is HC), and this is not granted, to the fact that I waited one year to get the girl that Gruntt refused to drop and that was denied, and to the fact that nothing of the situation was advised before the event start, gives a result of the undersigned quite angry and deluded (to not talk about the absurd thought that someone designed this to pull my leg). My sensation is that day after day this is becoming more and more a game where the developers no longer know what to invent to make free players leave the game or constrain them to sacrifice their hard earned free kobans in attempts without results (at least at a decent charge). Regarding me, their moves up to now had no effect apart increasing frustration, a sensation to which I have long been used to. I've decided for some time now that, apart from picking them up, I'll play the game as if the kobans didn't exist, and I'll do my best to pursue this line of behavior. 

It's been the opposite for me.  I have Lola in 2 accounts so far and am heading to get her in another two.  Not so with Virginia.  In the two accounts where I'm trying for her, my best shard count is 48, pretty pathetic and I often do two rounds (40 tries) without a single shard.  I don't think whether or not a girl is legendary makes much difference (at least not in this event), if that's what you're implying.

13 hours ago, snowman22 said:

wrt spending kobans on boss fights.

I have gone back and forth on this. On the one hand a boss girl is worth more imho than most EpP girls. Cheaper to upgrade, more income sooner. It also helps to have a world cleared if they put an event girl on the boss. No heart splitting. On the other hand throwing kobans at Roko/Karol is THE most expensive way to get a girl. I am running about 1 heart/10 fights against Roko. That sucks. At 10.75 kobans/fight that is 10,750 kobans. And I probably will not see the 1st girl before 250 hearts so any kobans spent on Roko make no return for a looooooong time.

So I think the real answer is:

• Dark Lord and Ninja Spy do not bother
  • Gruntt to Sylvanus spend away, before Brennen is probably the sweet spot.
  • Sylvanus and Final Tits are a grey area.
  • Roko and above no way.

You might be forgetting something here. Some people might be willing to throw kobans/money on Roko, because he gives you money. And considering the ever increasing demands for money in this game, some people obviously sees spending kobans on Roko as beneficial strategy, especially if you first max it with free attempts. 

And if you look at TOF rankings and "money spent" section, it's obviously some people use kobans/real money to get ingame money form bosses like Roko. The only other explanation for how these people could've collect these hundreds of millions is that they are all heavy whales, who spends thousands of kobans on pachinkos and sells stuff they get from there. 

But either way, maxed Roko is the most sound option to spend your kobans, if you use them on bosses....outside of events of course. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShadowHaamu said:

You might be forgetting something here. Some people might be willing to throw kobans/money on Roko, because he gives you money. And considering the ever increasing demands for money in this game, some people obviously sees spending kobans on Roko as beneficial strategy, especially if you first max it with free attempts. 

And if you look at TOF rankings and "money spent" section, it's obviously some people use kobans/real money to get ingame money form bosses like Roko. The only other explanation for how these people could've collect these hundreds of millions is that they are all heavy whales, who spends thousands of kobans on pachinkos and sells stuff they get from there. 

But either way, maxed Roko is the most sound option to spend your kobans, if you use them on bosses....outside of events of course. 

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, despite having all three of his girls in each of my accounts.  I've managed to accummulate 36m of money in this way so I can fully upgrade Fabienne or Golden Bunny when I finally get them in the respective accounts where I need them.  I'm slowly building up enough cash (10.5m) in my Bryan account to finally max out Norou's affection (18m needed) as I managed to ply her with enough gifts to get her to that stage.  There's a psychological hill I've had to climb to get past the 10m barrier but it seems to become easier from there.  Fortunately I managed to recruit Lola early on so I could ditch Dark Lord and get back to collecting money.  I'm not especially interested in Virginia for my KH accounts so the decision was easy.

All the same, I'm close to getting Toshiko from Karole in two accounts and have a ton of gifts (albeit of low value each).  They do add up though and when we get karole to lvl 220 she starts dropping quite a few epic gifts.  These are worth considerably more than the money payout from Roko and can offset the need for cash to upgrade affection.  Where I upgraded Fabienne in Peregrine Took to 5 stars, this was made a whole lot easier by all the gifts from Karole I'd accumulated.

I just got 25 shards on a 10x fight om Virginia. Not bad. 

And indeed, nice surprise. I just wish I didnt actively refused to get spring Shera because of every girl adding to the upgrade cost like crazy. So for a while I only tried unique girls. Ah well, not sad enough about it to play EvP. 😂

10 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

It's been the opposite for me.  I have Lola in 2 accounts so far and am heading to get her in another two.  Not so with Virginia.  In the two accounts where I'm trying for her, my best shard count is 48, pretty pathetic and I often do two rounds (40 tries) without a single shard.  I don't think whether or not a girl is legendary makes much difference (at least not in this event), if that's what you're implying.

No. As I have experienced, the shard drop quantity is based on the type of event, and as this is a revival, i got twice a drop of 12 shards trying for Spring Lola. Matter is, it has been declared by the devs that people should need less average fights to get girls, and up to now, my experience in events (since the affection patch had taken effect) is exactly the opposite.

The thing I was implying is that the devs are taking actions (via game patches) towards the goal of having as less free players playing the game as possible (without officially declaring HH as a pay to play game), and they almost don't know what to invent next to pursue this goal, at least without discontenting the paying players.

But, the main purpose of my post were about complaining about the fact that without warning, the devs decided to give a turn to the girls in the event, denying me the possibility to get Spring Rumiko from Gruntt, a possibility I had waited for one full year. Added to this, was the complaining to the fact that, with the new affection system, as a free player I will probably need luck to get only one girl (and this is not granted), and it will be practically impossible (apart huge strokes of luck) to get both.

I have just got Virginia so I have almost half of the event time to get Spring Lola.

In my opinion rotating the girls between the pachinko and the bosses is an excellent idea and benefit most players: If you were playing this event last year, it is almost sure that you will had one of the girls in the bosses and many people had both of them, so now most of the people has the oportunity to try for two more girls of the event with free fights (and perhaps some refills for the second one), so you are only forced to play pachinko if you want the fifth girl.

I hope they will do this in more revivals.

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

No. As I have experienced, the shard drop quantity is based on the type of event, and as this is a revival, i got twice a drop of 12 shards trying for Spring Lola. Matter is, it has been declared by the devs that people should need less average fights to get girls, and up to now, my experience in events (since the affection patch had taken effect) is exactly the opposite.

The thing I was implying is that the devs are taking actions (via game patches) towards the goal of having as less free players playing the game as possible (without officially declaring HH as a pay to play game), and they almost don't know what to invent next to pursue this goal, at least without discontenting the paying players.

But, the main purpose of my post were about complaining about the fact that without warning, the devs decided to give a turn to the girls in the event, denying me the possibility to get Spring Rumiko from Gruntt, a possibility I had waited for one full year. Added to this, was the complaining to the fact that, with the new affection system, as a free player I will probably need luck to get only one girl (and this is not granted), and it will be practically impossible (apart huge strokes of luck) to get both.

Yes shard rates are based on the type of event, not the rarity of the girl.

I don't really get where everyone keeps coming up with these strange ideas - like that the game is 'no longer free to play'. Based on everything as a whole, as long as you play the game daily (completing all missions for the free daily kobans and participate in classic events) you should have more than enough kobans to get the (2) event girls that are available on bosses. If you read my other post earlier in this thread I broke down how everything shakes out. Basically the only event where you're potentially, genuinely worse off now is Epic days, even then if you wanted all 6 girls, it'd probably cost you ~60% of the cost of Epic Pachinkoing 6 times, which isn't a bad deal. You should be able to reasonably save up for a legendary days event (~10-20 refills) since they're only once every couple months. And the other two events, Classic and Revival basically should cover themselves with the free attacks. You may have to refill a few times at the end to get the second girl, but either way the kobans from the events duration should more than cover that expense.

My point being, if you play consistently your koban supply should almost always be growing. Only Legendary days and Epic Days should genuinely eat into your koban reserves. You should be making over 6000 kobans a month minimum as a free player.  (4500 daily missions, 972 classic event missions, 288 tower of fame, xxxx - League, xxxx - Weekly contests, xxxx - Revival event missions)

-----------

As far as the devs changing girls up for the revival, I think it's good because otherwise if you participated last year you're stuck potentially throwing a lot of kobans at EvP to get the same 3 girls. This way the number is pared down. I do understand your frustration though if you were looking forward to getting one of the previously available on boss girls. Perhaps they should have just made more girls available via other bosses for this event.

Just to reiterate, you should be able to get Spring Lola and Virginia in roughly ~154 attacks each. The general consensus is the shard rate is ~10% (more like 10-12, up to 15 though. For the sake of this example I'll use the 10% rate). The shard value for a revival is 1-12, so the average is 6.5.  Divide 100 by 6.5 and you get 15.38, multiply that by 10,  thus how I got that ~154 attack number. The event is 5 days, so you have 240 free attacks (48 a day), Plus whatever you started the event with so potentially up to 20 extra. If you're lucky you'll get those +2 attack arena dailies each day too. Moral of the story with very average luck you might need a couple refills. With good luck you'll need none and with bad luck you might need 4 or 5. The event/dailies themselves provide you with ~1100 kobans aka roughly 5 refills worth of kobans. 

Edit: For what it's worth - It does seem to take more attacks to get girls now generally speaking (outside of revivals). The flip side is that the extremes of both good/bad rng have been severely reduced. You won't end up with 800 attacks trying to get 1 girl anymore, plus the system is helpful for gauging how close you are to getting a girl at the end of an event so you can 'calculate' roughly how many more refills you'd need to get the girl. Not firing off refills hoping you hit the jackpot.

Edited by pitythefool
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pitythefool said:

Yes shard rates are based on the type of event, not the rarity of the girl.

I don't really get where everyone keeps coming up with these strange ideas - like that the game is 'no longer free to play'. Based on everything as a whole, as long as you play the game daily (completing all missions for the free daily kobans and participate in classic events) you should have more than enough kobans to get the (2) event girls that are available on bosses. If you read my other post earlier in this thread I broke down how everything shakes out. Basically the only event where you're potentially, genuinely worse off now is Epic days, even then if you wanted all 6 girls, it'd probably cost you ~60% of the cost of Epic Pachinko, which isn't a bad deal. You should be able to reasonably save up for a legendary days event (~10-20 refills) since they're only once every couple months. And the other two events, Classic and Revival basically should cover themselves with the free attacks. You may have to refill a few times at the end to get the second girl, but either way the kobans from the events duration should more than cover that expense.

My point being, if you play consistently your koban supply should almost always be growing. Only Legendary days and Epic Days should genuinely eat into your koban reserves. You should be making over 6000 kobans a month minimum as a free player.  (4500 daily missions, 972 classic event missions, 288 tower of fame, xxxx - League, xxxx - Weekly contests, xxxx - Revival event missions)

-----------

As far as the devs changing girls up for the revival, I think it's good because otherwise if you participated last year you're stuck potentially throwing a lot of kobans at EvP to get the same 3 girls. This way the number is pared down. I do understand your frustration though if you were looking forward to getting one of the previously available on boss girls. Perhaps they should have just made more girls available via other bosses for this event.

Just to reiterate, you should be able to get Spring Lola and Virginia in roughly ~154 attacks each. The general consensus is the shard rate is ~10%. The shard value for a revival is 1-12, so the average is 6.5.  Divide 100 by 6.5 and you get 15.38 (thus how I got that ~154 attack number). The event is 5 days, so you have 240 free attacks (48 a day), Plus whatever you started the event with so potentially up to 20 extra. If you're lucky you'll get those +2 attack arena dailies each day too. Moral of the story with very average luck you'll need a couple refills. With good luck you'll need none and with bad luck you might need 4 or 5. The event/dailies itself is providing you with ~1100 kobans aka roughly 5 refills worth of kobans. 

Don't you hate when someone comes by and destroys all the complaints you've built only on frustration and cherry-picking with just some facts and numbers? Well done @pitythefool

BTW, after almost 3 days I'm still at 49 with Virginia (without refills), I think I'm dangerously close to RNG's  worst side for this event. Again, if all I finally need to get both girls is 4-5 refills on the last day (knowing almost for sure I'll get them), I think it's a fair price I'm willing to pay. With the old system, I probably wouldn't have 'wasted' more than 2 refills waiting for a lucky drop

Edited by pozi

After 2 days and 16 hrs, got 53 shards each on Virginia and Spring Lola. Got pissed off with Virginia along the way so I swap to Spring Lola every now and then. She quickly caught up. At this rate, I'm gonna need refills to top off though it doesn't look so bad.

I just can't get Virginia to even like me, no shards in 60 tries in Lili.  Perhaps she goes for the young student types, like Mary Kay Letourneau did, and not the more seasoned jokers like me.  On the other hand, Lola has been alot more forthcoming.  Must be those airbags she flaunts, or the fact that she's dead and even someone like me is appealing to her.  I make her feel alive.  I've got her in three accounts.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Lady Virginia took great offense at what I wrote above it seems.  The last round, just finished, she dropped 28 shards in total.  I put Virginia in the category of cocktease and I'm buggered if I know where I stand with her!  Females!!

She loves me, she loves me not....

image.png.0a15591b8a8378a2aedf86b709982023.png

Yes, reverse psychology is fantastic.  Ginny couldn't resist.  She's now mine and no more of these young things (except maybe behind my back!).

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 8:58 PM, pozi said:

Don't you hate when someone comes by and destroys all the complaints you've built only on frustration and cherry-picking with just some facts and numbers? Well done @pitythefool 

In my book, he did not. Even taking apart the fact that, as I stated elsewhere, I am deeply attached to my opinions, the main and incontrovertible fact about HH is that every player, willing or not, is dominated by RNG, and sometimes RNG gives, some other times don't, and by my point of view I don't see a reason why I should not complain when i don't like how things are going. Moreover, as I also stated elsewhere, I don't use math while playing the game and don't follow other players math, because for some time now my gaming experience has told me that mathematics has never been able to fully describe the reality of the game and, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have time to play that way.

Maybe more important, @pitythefool, no, I didn't read your past posts, because, as I said, with all due respect I don't care about posts about math applied to the game, and normally I have not enough time to read posts long as the one above where you quoted me (or even longer): that one was a quite rare exception, as often I skip reading posts long as that (or longer) after the first lines. Moreover, I didn't said that this game is no more free to play: I said that day by day the devs behaviour is slowly getting the game towards that direction, and although someone could deem that as subtle, there is difference.

As a side note, taking into account that (as I also said elsewhere already) everyone (me included) has the absolute right to play the game the way he chooses, taking his own decisions and living up to them (otherwise said, my account, my decisions, your account, your decisions, and if we don't like each other's decisions it is only mine and/or your problem, and regarding mine I won't lose sleep about it), as I said in my post in the previous page, it is from some time I decided to play the game as koban don't exist (apart picking them up), and, posed my patience endures until that time and some event of my personal life don't take me away from the game, I will probably continue to follow this line of behaviour until the end of game development. Until that moment, I will exploit the more I am able event like the Epic Days to empty the Epic pachinko of girls (before the attraction system, I had an exxagerated luck in the last one, obtaining 5 of 6 girls only with free combativity points). Oh, and regarding your list of koban sources, aside a few exceptions like league promotions or a whole lot of resources spent in one time, I almost never obtained a decent quantity of kobans from leagues or contests.

5 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Maybe more important, @pitythefool, no, I didn't read your past posts, because, as I said, with all due respect I don't care about posts about math applied to the game ...

Heh, the dreaded TLDR (too long didn't read). Anyways, reason has not always triumphed over passion. Just look at American politics today. Hope we're still around a decade from now.

8 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Heh, the dreaded TLDR (too long didn't read). Anyways, reason has not always triumphed over passion. Just look at American politics today. Hope we're still around a decade from now.

Dunno if you took that example because you saw the USA flag on my profile, but causing the fact I am a victim of the wrong country bug and I know of American politics only what TV news says in my country (and I am not an assiduous follower of TV news), I must admit I am not sure I understood what you intended.

Anyways, if you meant that you don't know how a certain person has been elected, and you also don't know how it is possible that two years after that election we are still not on the edge of the Third World War, then we are perfectly matched in thoughts.

14 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Anyways, if you meant that you don't know how a certain person has been elected, and you also don't know how it is possible that two years after that election we are still not on the edge of the Third World War, then we are perfectly matched in thoughts.

Yep.

14 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Dunno if you took that example because you saw the USA flag on my profile, but causing the fact I am a victim of the wrong country bug and I know of American politics only what TV news says in my country (and I am not an assiduous follower of TV news), I must admit I am not sure I understood what you intended.

You made me look after you said that. Nope I don't see a USA flag on your forum profile. And nope I don't check normally. And here I thought Trump was universally known, seeing how his actions had affected the world. And I usually just read the headlines in MSN.

Edited by Lhans

56 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

In my book, he did not. Even taking apart the fact that, as I stated elsewhere, I am deeply attached to my opinions, the main and incontrovertible fact about HH is that every player, willing or not, is dominated by RNG, and sometimes RNG gives, some other times don't, and by my point of view I don't see a reason why I should not complain when i don't like how things are going. Moreover, as I also stated elsewhere, I don't use math while playing the game and don't follow other players math, because for some time now my gaming experience has told me that mathematics has never been able to fully describe the reality of the game and, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have time to play that way.

Maybe more important, @pitythefool, no, I didn't read your past posts, because, as I said, with all due respect I don't care about posts about math applied to the game, and normally I have not enough time to read posts long as the one above where you quoted me (or even longer): that one was a quite rare exception, as often I skip reading posts long as that (or longer) after the first lines. Moreover, I didn't said that this game is no more free to play: I said that day by day the devs behaviour is slowly getting the game towards that direction, and although someone could deem that as subtle, there is difference.

As a side note, taking into account that (as I also said elsewhere already) everyone (me included) has the absolute right to play the game the way he chooses, taking his own decisions and living up to them (otherwise said, my account, my decisions, your account, your decisions, and if we don't like each other's decisions it is only mine and/or your problem, and regarding mine I won't lose sleep about it), as I said in my post in the previous page, it is from some time I decided to play the game as koban don't exist (apart picking them up), and, posed my patience endures until that time and some event of my personal life don't take me away from the game, I will probably continue to follow this line of behaviour until the end of game development. Until that moment, I will exploit the more I am able event like the Epic Days to empty the Epic pachinko of girls (before the attraction system, I had an exxagerated luck in the last one, obtaining 5 of 6 girls only with free combativity points). Oh, and regarding your list of koban sources, aside a few exceptions like league promotions or a whole lot of resources spent in one time, I almost never obtained a decent quantity of kobans from leagues or contests.

That's a way too long and way too convoluted way of saying that you don't care about other people's opinions and that you only post what you post because you feel the need to post your opinion.

• Like 3

Got Virginia this morning, and that makes 4 of the 5 girls of the event (I already had 2 before it started), leaving only Deitra. Since I prefer saving kobans for Epic / Legendary days, she'll have to wait for another time ;)

Luck for those still trying, and congrats for those who got the girls :)