CHANGE THE SHARD THING FINALLY

TOMASINO

That new shard update is awful, in the previous one I got two girls in one event, now I barely get one, it's infuriating, please, I'm pleasing on my knees, change it.

It's a great game and i do enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events aren't uniform in their girl drop rates. Each event has their own special drop rates. This was the case before the update as well.

This means that just because you barely got one, whereas you've gotten two in the past, means jack shit.

As far as I'm concerned, the shard update is an absolute win, since the chance to instantly get a girl still exists just like before.

1 hour ago, Scryehard said:

As far as I'm concerned, the shard update is an absolute win, since the chance to instantly get a girl still exists just like before.

Except that the chance to get one drop is nerfed to highest degree in this new system. It's actually so low that it might not even be there at all. 

• Thinking 1

25 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Except that the chance to get one drop is nerfed to highest degree in this new system. It's actually so low that it might not even be there at all. 

apparently you are wrong: 

Edited by windia

3 minutes ago, windia said:

apparently you are wrong: 

Yeah, I know that thread as some people have apparently got lucky. But as long as I haven't got 100 drop myself, I'm calling it myth. :P

But in all seriousness, regardless of that threat, it's undeniable that 100 drops are much much much rares than they were before the shard system. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Yeah, I know that thread as some people have apparently got lucky. But as long as I haven't got 100 drop myself, I'm calling it myth. :P

But in all seriousness, regardless of that thread, it's undeniable that 100 drops are much much much rares than they were before the shard system. 

? what else?

previously there were only "all or nothing drops" - and now you get some kind of progress (and see if a refill could be worth it) and some extra gifts... so of course you have to limit the "all" part since there is a "grey" part.

(which some players don't see as advantage https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/10041-shards-instead-of-flowers/)

(and there are much more dislike threads... which I don't understand, maybe because of my way seeing how statistics work for mathematicians ...)

Edited by windia

11 minutes ago, windia said:

? what else?

previously there were only "all or nothing drops" - and now you get some kind of progress (and see if a refill could be worth it) and some extra gifts... so of course you have to limit the "all" part since there is a "grey" part.

(which some players don't see as advantage https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/10041-shards-instead-of-flowers/)

(and there are much more dislike threads... which I don't understand, maybe because of my way seeing how statistics work for mathematicians ...)

Well, the good thing about the old "all of nothing" system was that you only needed to get lucky one time to get a girl. 

With this shard system, if you don't count revivals, you need to get lucky at minimum of 20-30 times per girl. That's awfully huge difference, if you take into account of free attempts only. That said, this shard system is much better for revival events as 1-12 shard drops in those helps a lot. 

Other than that, this shard system might benefits koban users (gamblers really) during Legendary days events, as you now have some idea of how many kobans you need to gamble, until you hit a "safety net". 

My take is the shard system is much better.We all know about doing a few refills to finish a girl on the last day and about not losing any progress made when an event ends. No wasted goes, no wasted kobans. My average girls/month is higher now.

Prior to shards it was just throw kobans into refills and pray or plod along with EpP at 5400/girl. I basically do not play pachinko anymore because I can get about 300% more bang for my kobans with targeted refills.

And the 100 drop has been good to me. 3 so far.

• Like 3

Do you realy think that a random drop of a very few little shards is better than a random drop of a whole girl . 

Some events I get 3 or 4 shards a day with the whole free battles in that day.

While in the old system I rarely ,no I always got all girls (except the first 2 legendaries) and with only little kobans if needed and thats rare.

It still Random and still a Low chances as before ,so from what I see by playing both the old and the new I certainly prefer the Old system.

I honestly prefer the new shard system... mostly because the all or nothing was nerve wrecking. Granted I never managed to get a 100 shard drop, but let's face it. We're addict collectors and will keep on coming back despite the abuse we get from constant denial drops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Well, the good thing about the old "all of nothing" system was that you only needed to get lucky one time to get a girl. 

With this shard system, if you don't count revivals, you need to get lucky at minimum of 20-30 times per girl. That's awfully huge difference, if you take into account of free attempts only. That said, this shard system is much better for revival events as 1-12 shard drops in those helps a lot. 

Other than that, this shard system might benefits koban users (gamblers really) during Legendary days events, as you now have some idea of how many kobans you need to gamble, until you hit a "safety net". 

so you imply that the old system benefited koban and non-koban users the same way?

That is new to me since I never read in the "how do you do in event x" any large number of "needed no refill".

Very much like "needed 2000 / 3000 / 5000 / ... (still counting)  kobans and finished" - and all the way long you will dig into posts of "6000 kobans and nothing". Or "18000 kobans and nothing, such a waste".

With the shard system, 18.000 kobans on a single girl will - stastically - leave you with more than 50 shards. Which implies that next appearance you will - statistically -  need less than 18.000 kobans. 

With the old system, you could burn 36.000 kobans in both events and have nothing - because your "only needed to get lucky one time" is exactly that: pure luck, no lucky progress.

52 minutes ago, Asf said:

While in the old system I rarely ,no I always got all girls (except the first 2 legendaries) and with only little kobans if needed and thats rare.

FWIW I've found my drop rate between the old and new system as about the same between them. It's rare I don't get all the girls on the bosses especially in full length events. The 4 day revivals can be tough but I've been playing long enough that I got a lot of those event girls the first time around.

And now if you dont get the girl you've got some progress banked against her instead of being SOL and starting from scratch again. 

The only two that I know Ive missed was the winter event Hari (so mean, shes my favorite of the Carrot girls) and Justine's fine crazy ass.

I stay on top of the game though. I play it on my phone during lunch and breaks (and when I'm hiding in the bathroom) at work so its rare that I'll have full combativity without buying refills. 

Mathematically we can say the old average drop rate in most events was around 1%.

With the shard system you have around 10% drop rate for shards, so you get 10 times more drops, but need the shards to drop 20-30 times for one girl.
The lucky 100-shard drop has around 0.1% chance now or ten times less than before.

The biggest difference is that you needed to get lucky once before - but it was not guaranteed. For difficult girls you could need 5 fights or 1,500 fights, you could never know.
With the shards you eventual luck is guaranteed. You know you need a certain range of fights to get a girl, let's say 300-500 (epic girls).

On the one hand you know it is impossible with 5 or 100 or even 200 fights. But you also know it is impossible to have 700 or 1,000 or 1,500 fights.

The two extremes have been removed completely. Most of the people needed 300-500 fights with the old system as well but they remember those lucky 5 fight drops or still see nightmares about those 1,500 fight non-drops. But they got 90% of the girls with the same number of fights as now. They just don't remember those boring ordinary drops.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, windia said:

so you imply that the old system benefited koban and non-koban users the same way?

That is new to me since I never read in the "how do you do in event x" any large number of "needed no refill".

Very much like "needed 2000 / 3000 / 5000 / ... (still counting)  kobans and finished" - and all the way long you will dig into posts of "6000 kobans and nothing". Or "18000 kobans and nothing, such a waste".

With the shard system, 18.000 kobans on a single girl will - stastically - leave you with more than 50 shards. Which implies that next appearance you will - statistically -  need less than 18.000 kobans. 

With the old system, you could burn 36.000 kobans in both events and have nothing - because your "only needed to get lucky one time" is exactly that: pure luck, no lucky progress.

Yeah and I not only imply it, but guarantee that old system benefited koban users/non users pretty much the same way. 

Only once I did not get both of the event girls with free attempts during the normal length events. Most of the times I got both of the girls before half way mark of the event. With the new event, I often need full 10-11 days to get both of the girls and even then I need to do refill or three. And what irritated me the most here is that with this shard system, I need to waste much more time on lower revenue bosses, because you need to get lucky more than once. 

I only got at least one epic girl with free attempts per every epic days event in the old system. With the new system, getting even single girl with free attempts is just a ridiculous pipe dream. 

The only real exception here is the legendary days events. This shard system benefits kobans users mu ch more than a non-users as there is no that "safety net". After spending more than 10k kobans, it's more likely that you had got enough shards to get the girl.

Of course, the use of Legendary days event is bad option here anyway.  The whole point of those events is to simply squeeze money out of us players. 

• Thinking 1

12-day events are the only ones that suffer with the shard system.
I got all the girls before (usually 2-5 days), I get all the girls for free with shards (usually 10-12 days), so that's the only criticism - it takes much longer now with the monthly events.

Regarding special 5-day events. My luck with epic and legendary and calendar girls was 0 with the old system. I never got a single one for free, once spent 5,500 kobans on an epic girl (650 fights during a 30% off promotion) but did not get her. Never had a drop during calendar girls or other events (and never spent kobans there either). Never had two free drops during revivals (and never spent kobans there).

So with the old system I was resigned to the fact that I have no luck with special girls (I am sure I was not the only one). I refused to spend kobans on fights and my only girls came from 12-day events + 10x Epic Pachinko. The shard system has given me the ability to spend on boss fights. In addition to free fights I have never needed to spend more than 2,000-3,000 kobans per girl (even for legendary girls).

With the old system I regarded 5,400 kobans as the price of one special girl. With the shards, the price is lower for me.

I cannot dream of old easy drops with the old system because my luck was exactly 0 (zero) drops during all special events. With the shards, I have a 100% success rate with the girls I want to get.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TOMASINO said:

That new shard update is awful, in the previous one I got two girls in one event, now I barely get one, it's infuriating, please, I'm pleasing on my knees, change it.

It's a great game and i do enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

if you want a girl use some refills 9_9

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jaybee said:

But they got 90% of the girls with the same number of fights as now.

I don't dislike the shard system, but I don't believe this is true.

My average for 10 classic event drops with the old system was 234.1 while my average for the 6 classic event drops with the shard system is 262.2 and excluding the first classic event the average rises up to 289.75.

All the data I've come across as of yet, appears to suggest that in return for some degree of certainty with the shard system, the average number of fights for each drop has been increased. Sure, the 1000 fights-no-drops instances have been removed, but they have come at a price.

• Thanks 1

Hey dudes and dudesses,

For those who don't like the shard system, I want to ask you - do you do daily missions? If you do them all every day, do you use 1 refill a day during regular events? You get about 200 kobans, you lose about 200 kobans. Since I figured it out, I always get those two event boss girls "for free".

For me shard system seems:

• Good for regular events. One koban refill per day works.
  • So/so for Epic Days. You'll just have to plan for ~3000 kobans per girl and deal with it.
  • Legendary Days - bad for most of players. While it provides sort of guarantee for players with lots of kobans, regular players will end up with a partially attracted girl for the rest of their stay in this game. For those players old approach of all or nothing seems better (something like switching it back for low chance x100 shard reward)

Anyway, good day to you all!

5 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:
  • So/so for Epic Days. You'll just have to plan for ~3000 kobans per girl and deal with it.
  • Legendary Days - bad for most of players.

Given the almost 220 free combativity for the Legendary Days events, those legendary drops also cost ~3000 Kobans per drop. Therefore, I don't think there's much of a difference from Epic Days.o.O

• Thanks 1

Gettin back to the main topic, my point is, it is quite worthless to ask for a change in the attraction system (that looks as definitively established after the little modify of a few days ago), it would be more effective (if anything can be effective) to ask for and alternate way to obtain attraction shards for a girl.

What I really would like, rather than a particular drop system, Is a regular drop rate. I have the felling that drop rates are changing all the time which is quite frustrating when you try any kind of long term planification. 🙄

Of course, as always, more transparency with regard to the drop rates wold be great. 

Edited by Pepe Lolo