[ 24-Apr-20 ] Path of Attraction - Discussion

FinderKeeper

il y a 1 minute, DvDivXXX a dit :

Did you also plan to do this while spending millions of kobans to bypass all the waiting times? It costs 6 kobans per 15 minutes you skip in between battles, and something like 400 kobans or so per 24 hours you skip in between stages... And each champion can require up to 8 cycles of 5 stages (so up to 40 times 24 hours + 6 kobans times however many fights you need to beat him at each stage). It's a LONG TERM feature. Gathering enough tickets and getting strong enough stats and girls are only a very small part of why it takes MONTHS to "farm them".

You were poorly informed and misguided to assume you were having a strategy while you were actually just giving yourself an incremental handicap over time, sorry to say. It sucks to only find out now, but better late than never. Also consider that if you had told any knowledgeable player about your plans regarding champions at any point, including many months ago when you started doing it, you would almost certainly have gotten the same advice as you received here today. Ask any veteran player in your club or just ask the pros in the Q&A forum whenever in doubt (or just to double-check before taking a drastic decision), and you'll avoid further disappointment.

Good luck, have fun.

You simply didn't understand what I am complaining about.

I know it wasn't the optimal way to play, and I accept this matter of fact. I am not complaining here about the free dailies I missed. Nor am I asking for advice, thanks a lot, but you can keep them.

The waiting times, as I already said, are not advertised: you only learn about them after you beat your first champion. It is completely unfair to expect players to know about them. Maybe I could find this on the wiki or in forum discussions, but that's not part of the game. Also there was no drastic decision made nor doubt to be had: there was instructions that looked complete but weren't.

il y a 2 minutes, GeorgeMTO a dit :

Well you didn't seem to pay attention to the moderation system, so lets try here with a final warning. Stop spamming, combine your responses into one post.

Got it, this will be my last message on the matter. I hope it will be enough so that everybody got my point to. Also please note that the moderation rules (that I read before posting here) provide very little details about what is considered "spamming".

To sum up: I think this is one of the game design issues with this event, along other issues such as what happens if you didn't stockpile tickets beforehand or if all your girls are already at max xp. Please stop commenting on how this issue doesn't affect you: that's not the matter. I hope if this event happens again they take this issue into account, not for me (because I would not be in this exact situation next time) but for other players who will.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, Lonk said:

You simply didn't understand

Kettle? The pot called. ^^

Nah, I understood just fine. You're a terrible player who has zero curiosity about the game, while still assuming to have a strategic approach despite lacking basic knowledge about how the game works.  You expected the game itself to take you by the hand and give you all the hints, tips and tricks you should have learned yourself by trial and error, and/or looked up here or on the wiki, and/or been taught by more experienced players in your club...

So, now, for the very first time, you decided to actually communicate with anyone about the game, and it's to come here and QQ about this event because it's soooo unfair that you were wrong all this time about champions and surely a ton of other things you didn't care to check properly. Yeah, gotcha. The game isn't what needs to change for players like you to have better results.

And, you know, some players who didn't stockpile on tickets decided to spend 2k kobans or so on them to play this event properly (just as an example, others surely found other ways to accomodate their strategy). Also, people who have all their girls maxed out can level up or maybe acquire a new girl? And then shazam! They can give XP to a girl again. Those things tend to happen in this game, like all the time... These aren't design flaws of the events, they're challenges for players to solve. If you can't solve them, either that event isn't for you, or you're doing it wrong.

Cheerios. Good fun, have luck.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hace 6 minutos, DvDivXXX dijo:

And, you know, some players who didn't stockpile on tickets decided to spend 2k kobans or so on them to play this event properly (just as an example, others surely found other ways to accomodate their strategy). Also, people who have all their girls maxed out can level up or maybe acquire a new girl? And then shazam! They can give XP to a girl again. Those things tend to happen in this game, like all the time... These aren't design flaws of the events, they're challenges for players to solve. If you can't solve them, either that event isn't for you, or you're doing it wrong. 

I can't believe this.
"These aren't design flaws of the events, they're challenges for players to solve."
Yes, pay money to solve the problem.
I'm even stuck getting "Jealous Bunny's Mother".

It's stupid, to unlock the other girl we already have to pay 7200 kobans, but we also have to pay more to be able to advance without guarantee that we can get it in the estimated time due to the number of battles we have to win afterwards.
Ah yes, of course you can pay more kobans to solve this too.

shazam!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Aly said:

[I also suck at this game, just like my pal Lonk over here, so let's stick together instead of trying to get good]

shazam!

Rrrright. Have you ever played any event at all in this game before? Because I have, and spending about 2.5K kobans to get one girl isn't too bad by this game's standards (in more conventional events, it's typically in combativity refills). Today, I've spent this amount, and I played almost as any other day but with careful sequencing of my moves in order to adapt to the event's challenges. In an hour or so, I'll have finished the event (as far as I'm concerned; the 7.2k koban additional option is way out of my current budget). So, 2.5k kobans and a little bit of effort (for a good player, at least) doesn't sound like a bad deal to me for 1 exclusive girl and a truckload of bonuses (including, as only a couple of people have mentioned so far, the luxury of being able to farm the regular map girls in peace for about a week!). It was actually WAY cheaper and easier for me than what most events require.

And no, sorry to burst your QQ bubble, but it's not about paying "money". I've been strictly F2P for about six months now (and I used to be a very mild spender initially). Kobans are an in-game resource, and they're required or at the very least useful for every single event. Did you know, you can earn quite a bit for free over time, by... playing the game (intelligently, at least)? Well, you can. And I do. ^^

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Today, I've spent this amount, and I played almost as any other day but with careful sequencing of my moves in order to adapt to the event's challenges. In an hour or so, I'll have finished the event

Out of curiosity, why did you do that? I mean, the event last 5 days, there was no rush to finish it.

While the amount of stuff you're getting for 7.2k kobans may actually be worth more than that, all but the girl herself are things that people would never spend kobans on. While one could argue people would spend on combativity, that is only true in events, which can be considered as a girl's price during those. Add to that the fact that for some people actually completing the event on time will require spending more on tickets or refills. And last but not least - 7200 kobans is among the highest price of anything available in the game. Having that as part of an event leaves players with a pretty bad feeling, regardless if they are getting their money's worth or not.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

While the amount of stuff you're getting for 7.2k kobans may actually be worth more than that, all but the girl herself are things that people would never spend kobans on. While one could argue people would spend on combativity, that is only true in events, which can be considered as a girl's price during those. Add to that the fact that for some people actually completing the event on time will require spending more on tickets or refills. And last but not least - 7200 kobans is among the highest price of anything available in the game. Having that as part of an event leaves players with a pretty bad feeling, regardless if they are getting their money's worth or not.

Precisely this. If its things people largely dont give a fuck about, why would anyone spend 7200 for a 3 star girl? I'm actually interested in the data that KK get, cuz I doubt anyone apart from whales are gonna buy Lupas mother :D

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

I think part of the problem really is that players feel blind dsided by the 7200 pricetag, myself included.  Up until now you usually didn't need more than say 5000 or so kobans and that's for legendary days.  5400 for a guaranteed girl from pachinko.  Also this is right after epic days where players may have drained some of their kobans for girls.  Going forward the reaction from veterans might not be so bad.  It's just a matter of wanting a heads up so we can prepare and save properly.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Daniele said:

Out of curiosity, why did you do that? I mean, the event last 5 days, there was no rush to finish it.

For peace of mind, mostly. I had everything else lined up nicely to do the event in one day, except for this one bottleneck that would have otherwise set me back 2 to 3 days at least, while using resources that could have counted towards the challenges after that one instead. So I figured, as I said, even 2500-ish kobans is a bit below the average amount for 1 girl in most events (it was a little less than that, I just had to buy the 10 ticket option twice, and then add some more kobans to rush through the 30 fights), so it was well worth it in my eyes to get it all out of the way and then chill out while recharging my batteries and farming the map nice and slow until the next event.

No doubt, this can be done without spending anything at all, but unless you happened to have a pile of tickets already on hand, that one challenge will take the better part of those five days, and some luck or even kobans (through combativity refills maybe, hoping for more tickets with a bit of value on the side) will be required to get it done early enough to do the rest comfortably. Skipping that hassle when it was the only thing blocking me was well worth it for me.

Edited by DvDivXXX

disappointment at path of attraction 

- 1 pay to win and agaen pay to win a girl btw unbalanced with contest and more 

-2 30 champion performances ! this is too much ( you must have max 7 to get 3 free tickets at 24h ) it would be better max at 20 or 30 for 3 tickes a 24 h I also had the problem the day before due to the event 3 champion on hold 24 hours is too much 

-3 spend enery , gold , tickets to win energy gold tickets better mix ( spend enery to win xyz )

another example : put everything up 220 win too villains , 40 champions figth , lvl up xyz and so on but the goals do not have to be completed in the order given.

sorry for bad grammar but plz it would be better if it is edited path of attrction 

35 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Precisely this. If its things people largely dont give a fuck about, why would anyone spend 7200 for a 3 star girl? I'm actually interested in the data that KK get, cuz I doubt anyone apart from whales are gonna buy Lupas mother :D

People that don't know it's only 3 stars will lol.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Blackeagle said:

another example : put everything up 220 win too villains , 40 champions figth , lvl up xyz and so on but the goals do not have to be completed in the order given.

This would be good. The 30 Champion fights are blocking me out. i see that i will have around 24 hours left for 100 pvp wins. Thats not doable without massive spending

4 hours ago, Magic1986 said:

Well it has never been a good idea to ignore a feature completely. Especialy in Free to Play or Pay to Win games. You always need everything in this kind of games sooner or later.

My quote from Magic is a bit random, I could have quoted from a number of posts, so don't take it personally Magic! ;)

I'm basically in the same boat as Lonk. I'm fairly new here, lvl 110 now, and from reading the forum I originally got the impression champions was "end-game" content for after the quests. I only recently have started on them, and have only the first available.

That later villains are not accessible to me because I have not reached them yet in questing is sort of meh, but understandable. It's because I'm new and have quests to do. I can at least focus on the bosses I *have* unlocked and so I can at least participate in the event, even if *part* of it is out of my reach.

This target of 30 performances against champions can only be done by people who have multiple/all champions unlocked. Unlike normal events, this is binary. It puts the whole event completely out of my reach, not just part of it. And out of reach of any other new-ish player.

• Like 1

Le 24/04/2020 à 10:16, Aly a dit :

"Give xp to the girls 10.000"

Awesome.

I always keep the girls to the maximum of experience, and now I am punished for this.

I cannot give books to anyone to complete this.

I am in same situation. From lev 249 to 250, I was able to add 960 / 10000 xp points to my girls, now they are all maxed out. Is there another way to give experience?

EDIT: I had first buy 5400 kobans for only 6.99 $CDN, I used it, next time would be way more expensive... Lesson learned, don't max girls systematically (unless in your attack team - even for them, one level below is OK as arena will give them experience along the mojo...)

Edited by Griffe
Workaround I did...
  • Sad 1

@Lonk and everyone who found themselves in similar state. Honestly, I can understand your position. I was in the same boat stockpiling the tickets until I saw someone on the forum mention few very important things. I got lucky and learned that valuable information half a year ago. That's awful, but that's how this game works. Nothing is explained in the game itself and all valuable information appears only on forum due to the efforts of players. This has been happening from the beginning and doesn't seem to change. And there're some players who love it for exactly that and enjoy the challenge.

Said that, here're some tips, that could potentially help you to become weaker and be able to do those 30 battles:
1) Change you equipment to the worst possible. Grey rarity with either Endurane or your third stat. That will help reduce some of your battle power and let you last longer.
2) Change your champion's team. There's a "Change Draft" option that let's you change a team. You have a certain number of rerolls at each stage. You can lock up to 5 girls with a green check mark, so they wouldn't be rerolled. Your aim is the worst possible team. That means non-knowhow common girls without any upgrades in all positions. If you still have knowhow girls, make sure that they are not in the positions with a matching pose.
3) You can also try to leave a club temporarily and lose those bonuses to become weaker.

You will have 6 battles total. 5 against Romero and 1 against Whaty. Against Whaty try to use a full charm team. If some Hardcore girls slip through, make sure that they're not in a positions with a matching pose. I doubt that this tips will help you against first few stages of Romero, but you may be able to last more rounds at his 4th and 5th stage. 24 additional battles is hard to squeeze in, but I think this is your best chance to do so.

• Like 3

This would be good. The 30 Champion fights are blocking me out. i see that i will have around 24 hours left for 100 pvp wins. Thats not doable without massive spending

@Magic1986.  Trust me.  The developers know EXACTLY what they are doing.  Players will either have to spend a LOT of kobans or break out the credit cards and spend real cash. 

They KNOW what they are doing.  Taking a game that could have been played like people like me who take the slow and patient approach, just like water on a rock eventually erodes the rock away.  And turning it into a true pay-to-play and acquire girls site.  I used to be able to acquire 2 to 3 girls an event for free and patient playing.  Now I bet players like me, if the developers continue making only these BS pay to acquire events, will get a girl once every 2 to 3 months.

And if that is the case, I'm out of here. :)

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Yeah as much as I would really want Lupa's Mother... I'll have to make a hard pass of no since even as a Veteran player of 3 years roughly... just getting all those PvP wins is going to be a hard slap knock battle, even if winning in the top 15 of the leagues would grant me a lot of kobans now. I'll focus on saving my kobans for legendary days and grab the girls I'll need to improve my team and my gear.

• Like 3

Just now, Dr. Lust said:

@Magic1986.  Trust me.  The developers know EXACTLY what they are doing.  Players will either have to spend a LOT of kobans or break out the credit cards and spend real cash. 

They KNOW what they are doing.  Taking a game that could have been played like people like me who take the slow and patient approach, just like water on a rock eventually erodes the rock away.  And turning it into a true pay-to-play and acquire girls site.  I used to be able to acquire 2 to 3 girls an event for free and patient playing.  Now I bet players like me, if the developers continue making only these BS pay to acquire events, will get a girl once every 2 to 3 months.

And if that is the case, I'm out of here. :)

Absolutely agreed! They know definitely since we had Orgy days, then Epic days with more girls than usual, people blew their load on Kobans on those 2 events, and then they introduce a new event with a supposedly exclusive girl that will never come back and a 7200 Koban paywall for her. Their goal is obviously to make money, but if it's gonna be this egregious, and we get that other shitty artist for regular events and the good/normal one for these new heavily paywalled girls, it only shows that there's not much to look forward to in the future. Hey you F2P players- u can have Natasha and other girls like her! Now cautious/skeptical F2P players are basically gonna have a 7200 koban bottom line from which they wont spend any more, and it will only encourage hoarding even more (which they obviously don't want, hence why the Arena nerf- makes u spend more orbs and kobans on boosters)

13 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Absolutely agreed! They know definitely since we had Orgy days, then Epic days with more girls than usual, people blew their load on Kobans on those 2 events, and then they introduce a new event with a supposedly exclusive girl that will never come back and a 7200 Koban paywall for her.

When the first legendary days with Levitya were announced, the devs said "A chance to recruit such a girl into your harem could never reveal itself again!" implying she wouldn't be available again, but in a few months she appeared in another event. No one said the girls from this event are not going to come back. You can be sure that ALL girls from events will be available again after some time, usually one year later in a revival, but sometimes earlier. so if you cannot get the girls from this event you will have another chance later. Most players don't get all girls in every event and I have seen no such angry complaints as in this one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Said that, here're some tips, that could potentially help you to become weaker and be able to do those 30 battles:

Thank you!! Those are useful tips!

I did use the draw to get as bad a team as I could manage, and I got most know-how girls out. Unfortunately Mizuki and Bunny seemed to swap each other out with every draw.

I did *not* think about changing my gear, or leaving the club. As it was I still did 130k/900k, even if I lower that a bit more I'll get to 8, 9 tickets until a win. And then I'll have to wait 24 hours. I'd have to buy off the 24h cooldown at least twice to get enough time for everything else.

If the objectives were parallel, I'd likely do it and spend the kobans. As is, I'm going to give it one more try to see how low I can get but I can't really see me bothering to finish this event. Shame, as I was looking forward to something new.

BTW, playing to lose, up to the point of leaving a club, is a very odd effect of an event.

Edit:

I did 0 to 138k on the first ticket with only a bad draw. After changing gear I went from 138k to 192k in the 2nd ticket. This is getting within reach if I stay up late tonight ;).

Edited by Benefuci
adding update

By the way, I have just finished the event and got the two girls in less than a day. B| Easier than most events. And using only the 7200 kobans for the second set of rewards, without any refilling to advance the objectives.

image.png.117caba1cfb729e40b208bbbddfe3f27.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, jyepie said:

can someone tell me if this event is possible to achieve without using kobans? is that a posibility?

or is it impossible? 

You can finish the 10 objectives and the first girl without using kobans but for the second set of rewards including the second girl you can only get them paying 7200 kobans.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1