[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

Well, the event is definitely doable, especially when unlocking the second set of rewards.

I won't say this way is for all players, but just going for the first girl should be pretty easy in my opinion.

image.png.65998077844a5d53958657ddec3d7b1a.png

P,S.: I would even say I was a bit slow. I could have finished just in 2 days if I had optimized more my time. No kobans except for the 7200 to get the second set of rewards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I've unlocked the first girl as well, I don't really care about the others in this event since this time they're all basically variants of girls you can get from the bosses anyway. 

But anyway I hope that if they are going to continue to have these events where they charge extra $$$ for features/bonuses that they would either add other ways in the future (through other events or something) for more  players to get these characters (like lola's mom in the last one) OR AT VERY LEAST reduce the cost of these extra/bonus events.

$50 worth of kobans is probably more than a lot of people are willing to spend on this game, (I know it is for me) but maybe something more like $20/2760 kobans would be in the range that more people would be willing to pay (if they hadn't saved up to it).

I would think it be more beneficial for the devs to make the game as affordable/accessible to as much of MAJORITY of people who play this game rather than smaller percentage that happen to have deeper pockets...especially long term.

Cause as I said a few days ago, locking away certain features/aspects unless you have money, kinda rubs me the wrong way a bit.

Edited by Stang91
  • Like 3

On 5/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, Darsca said:

Yes, I tried to address that with the first of the two faults I found with the ticket requirement, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough. To clarify, I agree that having to purposefully nerf yourself in a Champion fight as 'smart' play is ass-backwards.

I'm less sure what you mean here. Do you mean in league? Having to hold back from promoting in the top 15 has long been a problem with leagues. With my mid-level account I've been hanging at 16th in a league until I feel comfortable with trying for a top 4 and being strong enough to go for a top 30 in the league above. Obviously a bit of an educated guess as there's no way of fully knowing until you're there. At any rate, that's less of a 'this event' problem and more 'balance of leagues' problem.

What does nuking yourself in champions do?

7 minutes ago, Taharrush said:

What does nuking yourself in champions do?

Nerfing, to use my own term. Basically, choosing girls and equipping gear which will weaken you, so that it takes more tickets to finish a stage on a Champion. The reason for doing this is because completing a stage triggers a 24 hour cooldown during which you can't use tickets. If you push all your Champions into cooldown, then you're stuck on that task for the next 24 hours with no way to progress except by paying the Koban fee, which is rather costly. Hence, smart play is to weaken yourself so you can clear the task without that happening.

2 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

Seems like for F2P gamers, unless they have the "luxury" I have, if you wish to call it that, of being disabled and forcibly retired sitting on my butt at home 24/7, most F2P gamers will only be able to do these type of events maybe once every 2 or 3 months.   If ALL I do ALL day long 7 days a week, I might be able to save the necessary champion tickets and execute the necessary PvP challenges.  For the average F2P gamer who has a real life and job they cannot do that.  So for the average gamer with a real life these expectations created by the challenges are next to impossible to accomplish. 

That average player with limited free time can still get one girl for free with relatively little difficulty here. It's not the devs' fault if there are average players with distinctly above-average expectations of what they ought to be receiving for their average play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Plugging my way through the event &, thanks to a bundle offering 20 tickets, I suspect i will complete the 1st pathway (I will have 63 tickets once i complete the 60 PVP fights with plenty of days left in hand). I had gone all out for a top 4 finish in D1 in order to obtain enough Kobans to open up the 2nd/bonus pathway but with 1(ish) day left to go it looks like 5th or 6th is the best i can hope for (tbf, as the 3rd lowest level player in my league, this would still be a pretty good placing) so that's not going to happen. Still not at all happy with the way this event has been structured (the 80 Champions performances  requirement will be an insurmountable obstacle to many, if not most, players who have not paid, or were unable to pay, the 7200 Kobans to open up the 2nd/bonus pathway) but, selfishly, I am relieved that I will at least, in all probability, be able to achieve what i had expected* in this event.

one final note: it was my grandfather's funeral today so i would prefer it if whatever i post here doesn't lead to some sort of disagreement -- I am not in the mood.

*I was well aware that using up most of my Koban stash in Legendary Days would leave me unable to open up the 2nd/bonus pathway however I was not expecting an inability to open up the 2nd/bonus pathway to leave many, if not most, players unable to complete the 1st/free pathway.

Edited by Caradog
typo/grammar

26 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

That average player with limited free time can still get one girl for free with relatively little difficulty here. It's not the devs' fault if there are average players with distinctly above-average expectations of what they ought to be receiving for their average play.

It is exactly the devs' fault. The "above-average" expectation that a f2p player should be able to complete a mission-based event without koban investment or additional preparations has been created by the developers themselves with all their other events. You can bandwagon for Kinkoid all you want, but calling out the majority of the player base for "asking too much" is not really going to help the game, is it ?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Karyia said:

Just thinking out loud, don't shoot the messenger :D 

Just trying to add some alternatives, instead of only complaining 😅👍

I was also thinking in a similar direction.

I'd say, they could've gone with something like a Season Pass.

Two rows of rewards, lasts for a whole month and runs in parallel to ordinary events, first row awards a girl at the end. At any time you can buy Season Pass for a second row of rewards. They don't have to mirror the first row and can offer several additional girls.

11 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

It is exactly the devs' fault. The "above-average" expectation that a f2p player should be able to complete a mission-based event without koban investment or additional preparations has been created by the developers themselves with all their other events.

Agreed. Devs went against their established method of making events. For a player it was like: "hey a new event. I need X kobans to fully finish it. I can plan for it and I can complete it at any time I want." Here it just doesn't work.

Can I adapt to a new type of event with more intensive time management? Sure.

Do I appreciate it? Not so much.

P.S. And you could do without personal attacks, _shal_.

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

It is exactly the devs' fault. The "above-average" expectation that a f2p player should be able to complete a mission-based event without koban investment or additional preparations has been created by the developers themselves with all their other events.

Yes, you're exactly one of the overly entitled people I had in mind, thanks for confirming it with your response.

You can bandwagon for Kinkoid all you want, but calling out the majority of the player base for "asking too much" is not really going to help the game, is it ?

Your history of utterly incoherent opinions on the game demonstrates that you're among the last people on here who should try to speak for "the majority of the player base".

Quite honestly, you're simply a player who doesn't understand very much about the game but thinks he has everything figured out, and from that unfortunate combination you've concluded that anything that's an obstacle in the game for you must be the developers' fault. Yawn. 

Edited by _shal_
  • Thinking 2

11 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Your history of utterly incoherent opinions on the game demonstrates that you're among the last people on here who should try to speak for "the majority of the player base".

Your history of defending Kinkoid's every move leads me to believe you either have a vested interest or your default mental state is "confused". Interestingly how my opinions seem to be coherent enough for a bunch of people who are not you.

As for whether the majority of player base agrees with me or not I choose to judge by their reactions rather than your "holier than though" opinion. Why don't you put out a poll to gauge the actual views on the event instead of touting yourself as speaking for the average player base which you called "entitled" in just your previous post.

Edit:

11 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Quite honestly, you're simply a player who doesn't understand very much about the game but thinks he has everything figured out, and from that unfortunate combination you've concluded that anything that's an obstacle in the game for you must be the developers' fault. Yawn. 

I admit I may be arrogant at times, but I don't believe I the game fully figured out, simply because I don't care to invest that much effort in it. As for the developer's responsibility I tend to know what goes on behind the scenes a bit, being a developer myself. Usually all the impacts of new features are carefully weighed before put into effect. Now, if we excuse every single instance of Kinkoid's implementation with "stupidity" or "unawareness" as @GeorgeMTO suggested, this would be the most incompetent software company in history. On the other hand their carefully worded responses, which generally avoid giving out any concrete details to the workings of the game, or more often than not - a complete lack of response paint an entirely different context which I'm basing my opinions on. How many times does a certain thing need to happen before it stops being a mistake and becomes a pattern ?

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This event is over in two days? The PVP alone takes two days to complete, though. It's a simple calculation that can be done by arithmetic. Well, no matter how much you defend it, this event is nothing but shit.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Your history of defending Kinkoid's every move leads me to believe you either have a vested interest or your default mental state is "confused". Interestingly how my opinions seem to be coherent enough for a bunch of people who are not you.

See, there's the issue of your overly inflated ego right there. I've criticized Kinkoid plenty of times in my two years of playing, but it's clear that it only "counts" for you if it's the same criticisms you have. Funny, that.

As for whether the majority of player base agrees with me or not I choose to judge by their reactions rather than your "holier than though" opinion. Why don't you put out a poll to gauge the actual views on the event instead of touting yourself as speaking for the average player base which you called "entitled" in just your previous post.

Where did I say I was speaking for the average player base? That's your turf, not mine. (See also your fevered dream of a mass exodus of players in your very first comment in this thread.) I was commenting on a subset of what might be termed average players - you were the one who felt the need to claim in response that that's somehow all of them, again implicitly confirming that you believe of yourself that you're on the pulse of what most people want out of this game.

You can continue to rant and rave against the Hentai Heroes developers, but anyone with more self-awareness than you would have realized by now that it's all completely pointless. And no, I'm not saying that criticizing them is pointless altogether - only when it's done as ignorantly and ineptly as you do it.

Edit: Say, were you the one big-time complainer who showed up on Discord the other day and acted as though people should know who he is even though it was his first time there?

Edited by _shal_
  • Thinking 1

It's like I wrote before.  The developers are not stupid.  They know EXACTLY what they are doing.  They are creating events that for the hyper aggressive "alpha-gamers" that feel they absolutely need to get EVERYTHING they can, and get ahead of all other players,  even if they have to break out that credit/debit card to do it.

I've seen this cycle in many online sites.  Sites start out with very low demands upon players time and money and, over time, those sites ramp up the demands.

Trust me, they know exactly what they are doing.  They weigh the number of lost players against the number of players they believe will increase their spending habits.  It's all a fine balancing act executed by all online sites.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Where did I say I was speaking for the average player base? That's your turf, not mine. (See also your fevered dream of a mass exodus of players in your very first comment in this thread.) I was commenting on a subset of what might be termed average players - you were the one who felt the need to claim in response that that's somehow all of them, again implicitly confirming that it's you who believes of himself that he's on the pulse of what most people want out of this game.

You can continue to rant and rave against the Hentai Heroes developers, but anyone with more self-awareness than you would have realized by now that it's all completely pointless. And no, I'm not saying that critizing them is pointless altogether - only when it's done as ineptly as you do it.

Sorry, wrong. I don't want to imply I'm representing anybody but myself, because I'm not. I am genuinely interested in what the overall opinions on the event are and if I am indeed wrong, I'm not ashamed to admit it. This thread itself speaks to the contrary though, that's why I said what I said. People may want all kinds of things from the game, but this type of event is probably not in their top 10 list.

Speaking of egos, it looks like you have a monopoly on the definitions of what adept and inept criticisms are. Pardon me for not complying with your strict rules and believing that voicing criticism might make a difference. I should have known it's all pointless from the start - silly me.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 1

I don't mind this event, I kinda like it's difficulty and how efficiently you need to spend your resources. Especially given how tangible the rewards are, my only gripe is the cost to get what amounts to as little as 8 (4 last time) and as many as 12 pictures. As a canadian, it's narrowly under 70 bucks... Wtf? Triple A titles are barely 10 bucks more for categorically more content.

1 hour ago, zztop said:

This event is over in two days? The PVP alone takes two days to complete, though. It's a simple calculation that can be done by arithmetic. Well, no matter how much you defend it, this event is nothing but shit.

This event is 7 days long, so there are still almost 4 1/2 days left.

Hmmm.. a poke to the thread to please try and disagree with each other in a civil manner if you don't mind.

Regarding the delivery of criticism, here's my take:

Pick and choose your fights. When one manages to find faults with everything, you really do just come off as entitled, and are likely to be ignored by anyone on the other side looking for valid criticisms. You're likely to only find traction among other similarly frustrated players. Tying into this, listing things which have become problems as a result of another problem is counter-productive. E.g. complaining about the probable time investment required of each of the tasks when really just solving the excessive time-wall presented by one of them makes everything else manageable. It is a 7 day event; therefore don't complain that it's not complete-able in 4 (it totally is with the second set of rewards, but regardless).

So, my current take on the event:

I think that any competent F2P player should be able to get the first girl in this event on the path without any Koban investment or pre-stocking of resources, with a notable exception on very new players that have barely touched Champions.

Getting the second under the same circumstances is probably close to impossible, purely for the fact you need to find 90 tickets over 7 days while still leaving enough time for the final two tasks. Whether the event needs tweaking there (and by how much) is up for debate. If a person needs to buy 10 or so tickets with Kobans to complete the path, I don't think that is unreasonable. After all, that's generally how it goes with buying refills on Combativity if you're short a few shards towards the end of another event.

This all goes with the caveat that you actually treat it as an event. There seem to be a lot who are talking about counter-productive play to complete the missions, for example. I'm sorry, but it's the same level of counter-productive to choose to spend 12 days hitting low end bosses for event girl shards when any other event is on. Yes, extra tiers and girls have alleviated that problem somewhat but we spent an awful long time without them, and it won't last forever before it becomes unequivocally worse to be hitting those low bosses again. Regardless, to expect to be able to complete the missions passively while playing the game the same way as you always do... kinda defeats the point. There might as well not be an event, just extra freebies thrown at players because why not. 

As for my own state of play... not much to say, really. The high level account is ahead of the tasks but that's by virtue of a boss contest on Nutaku being timed perfectly to burn off that 70 Combativity as soon as the villain task opened and because I completely fluffed up my league management with the mid-level account (obviously after I'd given other people tips on how not to do that 🤦‍♂️ ). Doing all of those PvP tasks with just Arena was not fun. At any rate, high level is going to finish sometime in the next 24 hours and the mid level probably a day after that. So stacks of time. Also both are going to finish the event with a healthy surplus of tickets, so I don't think the 40 ticket stockpile going into the event was necessary. Probably would have been fine going in with none, with the 60 from rewards and whatever earned during the event, although it would have certainly pushed me much closer to the deadline.

Oh, and one final note regarding the costs of things in game since it's popped up a few times in here. I'm sure I'll keep repeating myself on this. The amount of Kobans required to be bought by a new player to 100% everything continues to increase. The amount that a new player can obtain for free also continues to increase. I think it's a fair trade-off, and newer players don't realise how spoiled they are compared to when some of us vets started.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'll end up with only one of the girls from the looks of it. My choice was leveling up Murane to 5-star status (and two other girls), investing in my new club, and saving to get past the blackmail event (You know, the scene where you suddenly have to have a few extra millions to continue the story) and trying to hang on to my tickets so I could complete stage 12. I went for the first three and if it stops me from getting the other girls then Que Sera, Sera.

Ug, I tripped myself up doing the 80 champion one.

On the first one I was having terrible progress. I completed the number of needed plays against the Champions and still had a lot more battles to complete Visor's home and Elites University. I finally completed them the next day and opened up Sky Harbor.

So, when it came time to do the 80 battles, I guess I built my harem squad too good and finished all of my champions within 43 battles. And that was with me realizing (too late) how well I was progressing and nerfing my squads for Visor and Sky Harbor.

Well, I guess I'll just have to muck through the champions as they become available again and hope for the worst.

30 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

So, when it came time to do the 80 battles, I guess I built my harem squad too good and finished all of my champions within 43 battles. And that was with me realizing (too late) how well I was progressing and nerfing my squads for Visor and Sky Harbor.

Well, I guess I'll just have to muck through the champions as they become available again and hope for the worst.

You got 37 champion battles left in 4 days, I think you'll manage easily, it just might be tight for the PVP wins if u got promoted in the league :D 

1 hour ago, Darsca said:

Oh, and one final note regarding the costs of things in game since it's popped up a few times in here. I'm sure I'll keep repeating myself on this. The amount of Kobans required to be bought by a new player to 100% everything continues to increase. The amount that a new player can obtain for free also continues to increase. I think it's a fair trade-off, and newer players don't realise how spoiler they are compared to when some of us vets started.

I'm not quite sure I agree with you there. The Koban price keeps going up and up, and the only Koban sources F2P players have are the leagues and the gift from missions. And as an F2P player constantly sticking around in D1, at level 331, I dont see myself placing 1-4th in there any time soon, especially with level 400+ constantly dropping into it... So the further you get in the game as a F2P player- the harder it is to get a consistent stream of Kobans, the F2P status definitely doesnt help against a fully maxed out guy that's constantly boosted with the best boosters (not getting booster drops from arena wins still hurts, + the overboosting bug that gives people way more stats than they should have! I see people that are 100+levels beneath me and have 100k+ more ego and 10k+ more damage than me at all times during the league, and I'm generally not even that behind on buying stats anymore!), but the Koban requirement to participate constantly keeps increasing!

7200 Kobans is just the new 0 for me now, and the placing of PoA right after Legendary Days where most if not all people are used to blowing their koban stash for that 1-2 girl they want is really telling imo (luckily I really didnt give a shit about the misty-inspired girl, I just grabbed Levitya as I wanted and kept most of my stash intact), but if I hadn't been so lucky and I blew my kobans on getting both the girls, PoA would just have me fucked for the rest of the month/trying to push for a higher league placing for a big maybe if I'd have the kobans for the huge 7200 price! 
Overall, the Koban income doesnt increase as much as you think but the price definitely does, a clear attempt to make paying through the game more prominent (hey the devs gotta eat, I understand the nature of these games), but this is a stark contrast of how it used to be and it's overall just more annoying and it seems like the ladder is constantly being pulled from underneath people when they reach a certain point, and the appeal of a fair-ish game for F2P people just runs out after a point....

Camuga,  You wrote this: "and the appeal of a fair-ish game for F2P people just runs out after a point.... "

My apologies for including your post in this manner as I have not correctly included quotes from other posts like I see others able to do.   But any way...my point...

What you mention pretty much is the "emotional pay wall" all us F2P gamers hit eventually.  We eventually get to the point where we cannot compete with Pay-to-Play gamers and that's usually when we drop out of the picture and quit and move on to another online site and start the cycle again.  Playing for a while until we hit that pay wall again.  But at least we have fun for a bit of time. :)

Edited by Dr. Lust
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

Camuga,  You wrote this: "and the appeal of a fair-ish game for F2P people just runs out after a point.... "

My apologies for including your post in this manner as I have not correctly included quotes from other posts like I see others able to do.   But any way...my point...

What you mention pretty much is the "emotional pay wall" all us F2P gamers hit eventually.  We eventually get to the point where we cannot compete with Pay-to-Play gamers and that's usually when we drop out of the picture and quit and move on to another online site and start the cycle again.  Playing for a while until we hit that pay wall again.  But at least we have fun for a bit of time. :)

I didnt even see your post pre-edit, so it's fine lol 😂

Yeah the paywall is what I was referring to, and generally if people invest a lot of time in the game they're more likely to also invest money into it, one of the biggest appeals for this game (apart from the art style that's been phased out so it makes me care less and less for the game- for example I really didnt care about the Misty-style girl nor do I care for the 2 newest pachinko additions from the latest patch) was the structure that looked to be fair-ish, even for F2P people- all it would take (in theory) to reach the top of D3 would be best boosters, player knowledge of a good class (saw on the forums that Charm was the shittiest one, not sure if thats still the case but big oof for me there), strategy and maxing out on level+stats, and getting best girls- all of which a F2P player could reach with a little bit more of a time investment- or monetary investment. Now that structure seems to be wobbling with these types of events, so I think there's a real point at which people are seeing what's going on and are complaining, even if the complaints are rough for now, I don't think people would be complaining if the way the game was going was remotely satisfactory to them (and I'll stop here to not go further off topic to the thread 😅)

Edited by Čamuga

33 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

I'm not quite sure I agree with you there. The Koban price keeps going up and up, and the only Koban sources F2P players have are the leagues and the gift from missions. And as an F2P player constantly sticking around in D1, at level 331, I dont see myself placing 1-4th in there any time soon, especially with level 400+ constantly dropping into it... So the further you get in the game as a F2P player- the harder it is to get a consistent stream of Kobans, the F2P status definitely doesnt help against a fully maxed out guy that's constantly boosted with the best boosters (not getting booster drops from arena wins still hurts, + the overboosting bug that gives people way more stats than they should have! I see people that are 100+levels beneath me and have 100k+ more ego and 10k+ more damage than me at all times during the league, and I'm generally not even that behind on buying stats anymore!), but the Koban requirement to participate constantly keeps increasing!

7200 Kobans is just the new 0 for me now, and the placing of PoA right after Legendary Days where most if not all people are used to blowing their koban stash for that 1-2 girl they want is really telling imo (luckily I really didnt give a shit about the misty-inspired girl, I just grabbed Levitya as I wanted and kept most of my stash intact), but if I hadn't been so lucky and I blew my kobans on getting both the girls, PoA would just have me fucked for the rest of the month/trying to push for a higher league placing for a big maybe if I'd have the kobans for the huge 7200 price! 
Overall, the Koban income doesnt increase as much as you think but the price definitely does, a clear attempt to make paying through the game more prominent (hey the devs gotta eat, I understand the nature of these games), but this is a stark contrast of how it used to be and it's overall just more annoying and it seems like the ladder is constantly being pulled from underneath people when they reach a certain point, and the appeal of a fair-ish game for F2P people just runs out after a point....

Ah, I think you've misunderstood me slightly there. I was more referring to, working backwards in time: Buff to contest rewards, Orbs, Tower of Fame Categories and Leagues, Contests, Daily mission reward. So it was more about how there have been additions to the game over the years that created ways to earn Kobans (or the equivalent of in the case of Orbs) in game. I think those were all the major ones. When I started there was literally nothing except an occasional daily mission that awarded a handful of Kobans. That was it. If you wanted a girl from the Pachinko, you had to buy Kobans at full price. 

• Thanks 1

To try bring this back around the topic a bit- FINALLY done with champions, took me a solid day, and I wasnt too attentive with going in the game at ever 15 minutes, ended up fighting 4 champions simultaneously and beating 3 of them, got half of Alban left... honestly fuck that guy. After so many champion fights, I went to like 80 million Ymens (feelsfuckingoodman), had to spend 20 million for the 13th task, so now back to 59 mil (overdid it on the stats lol). Now Imma just wait for the new league, fight a whole bunch and then that should be it for the event. Rewards do feel really good to get, but it does feel really easy once u dish out the 7200 kobans, which... idk how I feel about that, that seems to push the paying part and I dont really like that :/

image.png.353cb12501a16e25135d10b6b4c115d9.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

To try bring this back around the topic a bit- FINALLY done with champions, took me a solid day, and I wasnt too attentive with going in the game at ever 15 minutes, ended up fighting 4 champions simultaneously and beating 3 of them, got half of Alban left... honestly fuck that guy. After so many champion fights, I went to like 80 million Ymens (feelsfuckingoodman), had to spend 20 million for the 13th task, so now back to 59 mil (overdid it on the stats lol). Now Imma just wait for the new league, fight a whole bunch and then that should be it for the event. Rewards do feel really good to get, but it does feel really easy once u dish out the 7200 kobans, which... idk how I feel about that, that seems to push the paying part and I dont really like that :/

image.png.353cb12501a16e25135d10b6b4c115d9.png

Yep paying the kobans does make completing the whole path a lot easyer. I'd go as far as to say , that unless you pay the kobans you won't be able to finish the event in time without refilling for boss fights and/or league fights and champion fights.

• Sad 1