Patch Notes Week #23

I think they are useful and i lke them; BUT ( yes a big but) they should show if u go up in rank and the points, not only how much u earned. Also there should not be a "pause" of the game to show the notification. If kinkoid cannot do this i agree with the "turn off notification" button becouse basically this is born as a casual game so people can do their game in 10 min, get out and go to work/school and come back after a long time with evrything charged, what i mean is: it slows the game way too much this way. In conclusion (for me) good idea, need some improvements.

• Like 1

As I said in another post these notifications are a tedious waste of time, remove them or give the opportunity in settings to choose whether to have them or not.

You have a test server to check if an option makes sense or not, use it well. And since the change of time was made to solve issues as soon as possible, don't wait for next week, solve it now!

And bad news also for the Path of Attraction since you seem to want to always keep it despite generally the feedback has been very negative on this choice since it affects how you must play all the events of the month and not just that. There are dozens of posts on this subject.

I really want to see how long this "little experiment" will last to do something that all companies usually always do, listen to their customers.

• Like 5

I think this change for contest notifications is very bad. It slows down my gameplay and gives me notifications I personally do not care about. Please add the ability to turn them off if you insist upon keeping them in the game

3 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

And bad news also for the Path of Attraction since you seem to want to always keep it despite generally the feedback has been very negative on this choice since it affects how you must play all the events of the month and not just that. There are dozens of posts on this subject.

Okay that's just biased. The feedback has been mixed, but the people who complain have kept repeating their complaints. The unique players feedback isn't "very negative", it's so mixed I'd expect it to be neutral. Also they can measure feedback by how much the people engage in the event (ie actively doing tasks, buying the pass), which we can't know without them publishing that data.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

What if we could have it changed to:

1. Give it on/off toggle

2. Make it smaller so it doesn't cover parts of the site

3. Make it show useful information (your place in contests, your progress in PoA) instead of "you did a thing"

4. Maybe give us an option to make it always on as a little banner (let it update in real time like energy and money), something like in the attached pictures

hh1.jpg

hh2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

3 minuti fa, MaybeRegret ha scritto:

I'm for turning off these notification. 
And they don't work properly. I just got xp for 8 wins in arena and have not received any notification.

In the arena are your girls to get experience, not you as requested by the contest, for this you have not had notifications.

52 minuti fa, GeorgeMTO ha scritto:

Okay that's just biased. The feedback has been mixed, but the people who complain have kept repeating their complaints. The unique players feedback isn't "very negative", it's so mixed I'd expect it to be neutral. Also they can measure feedback by how much the people engage in the event (ie actively doing tasks, buying the pass), which we can't know without them publishing that data.

I also value the "likes" of those repeated complaints that means "you said what I would say too", however if half of the players have something against it is probably to be revised more than to be repeated as a fixed event beyond the judgments of their players.

And if something is feasible, it doesn't mean that it's fun, so that part of data that we don't have access to doesn't help much because in the long run a boring game loses those same players who at the moment gave him a profit by doing, unwillingly, an event they don't like it fully.

• Like 3

I like the idea of having notifications so that I can see immediately how much I gain for each action.

However, the current implementation of that idea is rather bad and very intrusive as it slows down the game by temporarily blocking access to some elements of the user interface.  For example, if I am looking at the activities I have to wait for the notification to disappear before I can switch between Missions and Contests.  On the other hand, if I do want to read the notification, sometimes it does not stay on the screen for long enough to read the whole sentence, especially if I was paying attention to a different element on the screen.

To be useful, notifications should:

• Appear only in an area of the screen that is not used by any buttons or other important user interface elements. This probably requires the notifications to be smaller.
  • Stay on the screen a bit longer so that there is more time to read them, but still disappear automatically.
  • Be optional.

Edit: ideally, if the notifications are optional we should be able to select separately if we want notifications for the Path of Attraction and/or for Contests.  With the current format, I would certainly disable the notifications for the contests but probably keep them for the PoA.

Edited by UnwrappedGodiva
Added comment about notifications for PoA vs Contests
  • Like 5

Regarding paths of attraction, the way it is designed it inadvertantly puts players who have been active at a disadvantage. I will give 2 examples.

Example 1: Sell items. Players who actually use their items as they win them have a mich harder time with this than players who stockpile.

Example 2: win pvp in arena or leagues. Players who have competed actively in leagues and are now in a very advanced league have a much harder time than players who ignore leagues when there is no path of attraction event. I, for example, am extremely active in leagues all the tume amd as such am in a more advanced league than almost anyone with my stats. Last week, i challenged every single member of my league the maximum 3 times and won a total of 8 contests all week. I finished 72nd and did not get demoted. This kind of activity is being penalized by paths of attraction.

All in all, i think paths of attraction has potential but needs some major overhaul to reward activity.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Veia said:

1. Give it on/off toggle

3. Make it show useful information (your place in contests, your progress in PoA) instead of "you did a thing"

4. Maybe give us an option to make it always on as a little banner (let it update in real time like energy and money), something like in the attached pictures

(...)

I like these suggestions, especially the third one.

Other games have a notification system that gives much more information.  Translated to HH, this would be something like this: "Contests: Mind and bodies synergy: +80.  You are now ranked #3.  Earn 42 more to gain a rank."  Of course the notification would have to be much smaller so that it can fit on the screen without obscuring any useful element of the user interface.

Notification Banner: superfluous and irritating!

4 hours ago, horo kinkoid said:

The release hours for events and all other updates remain 

1 PM Server time (UTC+1), West Europe 

2 errors

With DST its UTC+2. 

1PM Server time = Paris time = CEST or MEST (MESZ in deutsch) Central Europe , not West . West Europe (GMT w.o. DST) is London, Lisboa, Ireland, Island ...

not important but it bothers me everytime i read this wrong UTC+1

when i write this it's 14:07 UTC, 16:07 CEST (Paris, Berlin)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow!

I was wondering how on earth I kept my top four position considering I was unable to return for the last hour of the contest.
But now I see: the wonderful new feature must have slowed down my dastardly opponents, and they were unable to overtake me at the last minute.

Thanks, Kinkoid, for implementing this new feature in the middle of a contest, it has benefitted me greatly... now get rid of it.
It has served its purpose, and must now be banished to the squicky depths of the Shokushu dimension.

🦑 🌀 🦑

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Cool. I like the idea of having the announcement and the feedback about it combined in one thread.

I'll just quote myself from another thread (a less than ideal poll about the new notification):

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

The main takeaway from these otherwise fairly empty patch notes is that PoA is here to stay, most likely on a monthly basis, and most probably with the format we've had for PoA 1 (one girl in each column, the premium path way too expensive unless you're swimming in kobans), with the PoA 2 special deluxe exceptional format every now and then (two girls in each column, two more days to complete it, the premium path packing way more bang for your kobans).

Apart from that, yeah. They should have made it an option that can be turned on or off in the settings, that's a fairly basic design requirement for an option. We don't really need a poll for that. We just need to let them know.

• Like 1

First of all, you measure the time in the wrong way. The reset doesn't happen at 13:00 UTC+1 as you might think , it happens at 13:00 UTC+2. niemandniemand pointed everything that's wrong with your perception of how time is measured.

32 minutes ago, niemandniemand said:

Notification Banner: superfluous and irritating!

2 errors

With DST its UTC+2. 

1PM Server time = Paris time = CEST or MEST (MESZ in deutsch) Central Europe , not West . West Europe (GMT w.o. DST) is London, Lisboa, Ireland, Island ...

not important but it bothers me everytime i read this wrong UTC+1

when i write this it's 14:07 UTC, 16:07 CEST (Paris, Berlin)

Next, this notifications are horrible. Your game is already hard to play because of the constant delays and loading. You click to start a battle - delay, then loading; you click to skip - another delay and another loading, you click to get the rewards - another delay and another loading. Those delays and loadings shouldn't be that long that human can notice them. And now you add another step of waiting until the these new notifications show themselves, which means another delay, which for some reason you made to hold us for another 2-3 seconds. What, you want to make us to do this battles for a whole minute? with 40 battles a day in League, around 40 battles in Arena(16 wins with different winrate) and 50 battles against bosses - that's 2 hours a day that we should spend just waiting for the result of the battle? Are you kidding me? Yes, that's exaggeration, but still that's ((40+40+50)*3)/60=6.5 minutes. Nearly 7 minutes in a day which we need to spend to look at your notification. And that's just in battles. Depending on the contest or the PoA task it could be much longer. That's ridiculous! I will not ask you for the option to disable them, because I honestly believe that instead of disabling them you will just make them invisible and the delay will not go away. I ask you to remove this "feature" completely.

And third, I agree with DvDivXXX and Falco82 . It seems like PoA is there to stay, then I have to voice my concerns too. That event changes the dynamic of this game. Previous events didn't require you to prepare for them for weeks beforehand by stockpiling your resources instead of normally using them. Previous events didn't require you to meticulously plan the spending of each of your resources and timing of those spendings. And overall, previous events didn't require you to stay in this game for a very extended period of time, unless you wanted to. Now you have to do all that if you plan to clear this new event. And I think it goes against the general idea of this game. The whole charm of this game is that you don't need to be here constantly to get what you want. You missed nearly the whole event and only got here on the last day of the event? No problem - you can just spend some kobans on combativity to get all the girls from the bosses or get them from the pachinko. And even the mission girl isn't out of your reach, because you will have all the missions available and you accelerate them by spending kobans. That's 3 sources of koban spending, which were pretty balanced out in terms of cost with only one, whoch is the dominant source of comparison - Kobans spend on Combativity. That's the parameter around which the whole economy of HentaiHeroes is based on. And Pachinko has a direct comparison with it. Now, let's look at PoA. Wins in PvP? To get those with kobans means either resetting the Arena or refilling the challenge tokens in League. Which players usually don't do, unless they want to. And neither of them has a direct comparison to Combativity. Spend tickets in Champions? Again, you need to spend kobans on buying tickets and you need to spend kobans on battling the Champions, which again has no direct comparison to Combativity and is not used normally. Did you want players to start spending kobans everywhere? Well, PoA is a great idea for that, but not a great idea for keeping people in the game. Because those players who play your game are used to a more relaxed and calculated approach, where you do not need to constantly spend time in the game during the event. So I strongly agree that the format of that event should be revisited and changed.

And the horrible art doesn't help either. Maybe we should, I don't know, protest it? How can we do this in this game? Not show up in the game on one specific day? Or maybe completely ignore the next PoA? I don't know, but it seems like it's the only way to be heard.

• Like 3

le falta 

Miembros

358 mensajes

Reportar mensaje

Publicado hace 3 horas

As I said in another post these notifications are a tedious waste of time, remove them or give the opportunity in settings to choose whether to have them or not.

You have a test server to check if an option makes sense or not, use it well. And since the change of time was made to solve issues as soon as possible, don't wait for next week, solve it now!

I really want to see how long this "little experiment" will last to do something that all companies usually always do, listen to their customers.

7 hours ago, horo kinkoid said:

Contests & Path of Attraction Notification

• Whenever there is progress on a contest or on a challenge in Path of Attraction, a notification will appear with the achieved progress and points gained from the task.
  • Example: If you are participating in the contest “Minds and bodies synergy” give experience to girls, a notification showing how much points you have gained towards it after you give an XP book.

How seen i there Points?

In Time seen and can give this no Girl!!

• Thinking 1

It is clear that new notifications make the game uncomfortable. I also want to add that the update, in which the items necessary for passing the story, need not be received immediately, but when a specific episode occurs, is also quite annoying. This is not so critical, since it happens infrequently, but now sometimes you have to wait with it. It is much more convenient to get the necessary items in the first battles with the new boss and forget about it. This is some kind of a tendency to reduce the level of comfort of the player(((

• Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Veia said:

1. Give it on/off toggle

I've got nothing against the notifications in themselves but not at the cost of normal gameplay. It turns into a negative effect, really.

These suggestions seem good to me, if possible. 

Why not, if possible, just have an (small) active area (for example below the $ and kobans) where you would have the current task/contest, where the bonus/notification value would appear, with the relevant info? (x done in y or 9th place in contest, for example).

Quite ok with the tower reset time, might even be the most "peaceful" time for everyone (or most people, at least).

As for the PoA, as it seems it's here to stay, I hope they either make it more flexible or even reform it.

It's gameplay is so different from all the other events that at times it's even counterproductive (in that time goes by and there's a lot of effort but you're not "really" making much progress towards the "rest" of the game). 

• Like 2

• Noacc unpinned this topic