I already had Windia and Kyoto going into the event and my main goal was getting the 2 new girls. I wanted Trinket the most as I have a thing for cyborgs ( I love you Alita ) then I knocked out Evelyn and Barell but was unable to get 6th girl.

Trinket cost me the most with almost 20 refills but she was worth it.

Evelyn I got easy, 19 shards on 1st refill, 5 on 2nd refill and 20 on third before getting a 100 shard drop on 4th refill.

Barell I earned for free with free battle points.

Edited by Kamira

Thanks for the info, a question about the second chance revival: Can i spend combativity points on Gruntt for a chance to lose Nicole? I will spend all my saved kobans on refills!

On the epic days, quite a pri y endeavor... 30combativity points on Sifra(free pts+15pts tof reward)+3,4k kobans-gotta love those 2×40dry series with not a single shard dropiing, then 4days of free combativity+1,6k kobans on Evelyn. Better than expected results, compared to my old experience- 0girls on the previous epic days. Still the inconsistency of shard drops is a poison. It feels bad spending 20 fights for a measly 1shard  reward and 40fights without even 1 shard!

17 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Thanks for the info, a question about the second chance revival: Can i spend combativity points on Gruntt for a chance to lose Nicole? I will spend all my saved kobans on refills!

Lose? Don't you mean get? Or is this one of em, I hate this girl, I want her out of my harem sort of thing.

21 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Still the inconsistency of shard drops is a poison. It feels bad spending 20 fights for a measly 1shard  reward and 40fights without even 1 shard!

Yeah, it's depressing.

The last epic days is an epic fail.

The chances of getting a girl got worse by half compared to the previous three such events. If earlier about 1500 kobans were spent on a girl, now there are 3000 (yes, I also collected statistics)

I suspect that smart-ass developers in this way balance those kobans distributed in the ToF. Everything is like in life - as soon as the payment is increased, the prices will increase even more.

54 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Lose? Don't you mean get? Or is this one of em, I hate this girl, I want her out of my harem sort of thing.

She was a very polarising girl, due to her 3* pose. Many people complained when she was released, and I look forward to the new players complaining about it too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lemus said:

The chances of getting a girl got worse by half compared to the previous three such events. If earlier about 1500 kobans were spent on a girl, now there are 3000 (yes, I also collected statistics)

Yeah, it's fairly crappy. I managed to get two epic girls before for the price of 300 Nutaku (1800 HH). 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

She was a very polarising girl, due to her 3* pose. Many people complained when she was released, and I look forward to the new players complaining about it too.

Oh that one. If it bugs someone that much, just go for the 1star pose. But yeah when I saw it in wiki, I was like WTF it's a NTR.

6 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Oh that one. If it bugs someone that much, just go for the 1star pose. But yeah when I saw it in wiki, I was like WTF it's a NTR.

See Nicole's position gives a lot to think, maybe one of the developers has that preference for the NTR.

Well the epic days events was almost a total bust ,  i barely managed to get 1 girl to drop in 1 account  , had to use refills to get her , on average i got between 1 to 3 shards once in a while, it was a round 20 to 30 fights i got a few shards and  if i was really lucky i got maybe 7 to 11 shards once in a blue moon, most of the time i ended up with cash.

Out of the 3 other accounts i have i got zero girls in the Epic days event .

Hopefully i will get 1 next time when they do a Epic revival for them,.

9 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Can i spend combativity points on Gruntt for a chance to lose Nicole? I will spend all my saved kobans on refills!

If you're so convinced that you are willing to spend all your kobans, it would be more convenient to just hide Nicole from the salaries page.

3 hours ago, John 1039 said:

If you're so convinced that you are willing to spend all your kobans, it would be more convenient to just hide Nicole from the salaries page.

Thank you so much! I didn't know it was possible!!! Goodbye Nicole and Gork, you won't be missed! XD

But really thanks, now i can have the harem i wanted!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lhans said:

True now. Im not sure that was already an option last year. Cant remember. I think people in gay harem would complain about that pose even. 😂

It is still too early for any single person to evaluate the shard system accurately, and it will still be too early for quite a while.  We could shorten that time significantly if we pooled results but I don't see much, if any, motivation within the community to do this.  Still, reporting results has some (limited) value so I'll go ahead and share them.  (No one made a thread for the event, and since it is already over, I don't see the point in starting one now.)

Welp, I guess I can't exactly complain about the shard system as a whole — I managed to get 4 girls, plus one extra shard, and 3 bonus flowers.  It only cost me a smidgen under 10k kobans for about 950 extra attempts.  Any time I can earn more girls than were debuted I consider it an excellent result.

I went in hoping that I'd be able to snag all 5 of the girls I could get without pachinko.  Early on, it looked like this was indeed possible.  Unfortunately, results steadily declined over the course of the 4 days.  That was just one of the annoying patterns that may have emerged.

Ninja Spy - Windia: 214 fights; 30 hits; 102 shards; 14.0% hit rate; 47.7% rate of return; 3.4 avg / hit.

Gruntt  - Evelyn: 251 fights; 29 hits; 100 shards; 11.6% hit rate; 398.8% rate of return; 3.4 avg / hit. (1)

Dark Lord - Kyoto:394 fights; 37 hits; 101 shards; 9.4% hit rate; 25.6% rate of return; 2.7 avg / hit. (2)

Edwarda - Trinket: 293 fights; 32 hits; 100 shards; 10.9% hit rate; 34.1 % rate of return; 3.1 avg / hit. (3)

Donatien - Barell 56 fights; 1 hit; 1 shard; 1.8% hit rate; 1.8% rate of return; 1 avg / hit (4)

(1)  Evelyn would have been better, except that it took 53 fights to get a single hit once I reached 98 shards.  Fortunately, it wasn't a singleton, it provided exactly the 2 shards needed for completion.

(2) Started off like gangbusters but steadily declined thereafter.  It got bleak once Kyoto was 50% complete.

(3) Slow start, slow finish, fantastic in between.

(4) Donatien was the only boss who still had (and still has) world girls to release.  I did manage to get 2 hits on world girls in those 56 fights, but who cares? I could have gotten those any time I wanted, which cannot be said for the event girl!  I think this is proof that world girls DO interfere with event girls, and that the interference effects ARE significant.  I had posted about this under Feedback", hoping to get clarification from the devs, but none of them have bothered responding in the 3+ weeks.  To me it feels like they don't want to own or acknowledge this player-hostile choice.  FWIW, these attempts were NOT technically last overall. I actually went to Donatien FIRST but gave up after 33 tries with 2 world girl hits but no event girl hits, fearing that the interference would be too great to allow for completion before time expired.  Given that I had multiple other bosses available, I moved on to them.  The last 23 fights were at the end of the event since I had no access to fight Karole and all the other bosses had given up the ghost already.  Those 23 fights produced a grand total of 1 shard, but at least it was for the event girl.

The three patterns I see are: (A) a general decline in returns the closer you get to completion; (B) the world/event girl interference IS significant AND works AGAINST the player; and... one that is less obvious.

Edwarda: 293 fights for completion, CASH on misses = 10,500 ymen

Gruntt: 251 fights for completion, CASH on misses = 7,500 ymen

Ninja Spy: 214 fights for completion, CASH on misses = 5,500 ymen

Dark Lord: 394 fights for completion, CASH on misses = 3,500 ymen

Between this event and the previous ones, it does appear that I'm being forced to fight longest against the cheapest bosses more than the more lucrative bosses.  I don't include Donatien here because the fact that he still has all three of his story girls and the obvious destructive interference they cause spoils his results.

And since I'm already posting, here's my early returns for Second Chances... 55 fights Vs. Dark Lord, ZERO SHARDS!  If the system hasn't been rigged to force us to slog against the mook bosses for forever less a day, then the game absolutely HATES me!

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Dark Lord - Kyoto:394 fights; 37 hits; 101 shards; 9.4% hit rate; 25.6% rate of return; 2.7 avg / hit. (2)

Dark Lord: 394 fights for completion, CASH on misses = 3,500 ymen

I can't recall how many fights it took, just that Dark Lord also robbed me of a lot of kobans that day. It was rather depressing as he was also the lowest income boss. It made me regret my decision to go after Kyoto a bit. It was still cheaper than EP however.

17 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

And since I'm already posting, here's my early returns for Second Chances... 55 fights Vs. Dark Lord, ZERO SHARDS!  If the system hasn't been rigged to force us to slog against the mook bosses for forever less a day, then the game absolutely HATES me!

Youch. I thought I had it bad. Only 19 shards so far right now.

2 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

The three patterns I see are: (A) a general decline in returns the closer you get to completion;

And since I'm already posting, here's my early returns for Second Chances... 55 fights Vs. Dark Lord, ZERO SHARDS!  

Well with pattern A, I think you're better off going for Nicole and giving up on Pooky. Since you've already started so bad, with pattern A it would only get worse.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the devs could just release an official statement saying whether

1) world girls decrease the chance of getting an event girl

2) the other way round

3) they do not affect each other (which is not possible since we do not see the two of them dropped at the same time)

we don’t even have to know the exact formula, just knowing whether it’d (1) or (2) would facilitate energy planning much better

25 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if the devs could just release an official statement saying whether

1) world girls decrease the chance of getting an event girl

2) the other way round

3) they do not affect each other (which is not possible since we do not see the two of them dropped at the same time)

we don’t even have to know the exact formula, just knowing whether it’d (1) or (2) would facilitate energy planning much better

Yes, It would be great to get an official statement, but I have to say that (3) is absolutely possible and is the outcome that would actually make the most sense. But based on a vague statement the devs have made I think it might not be the case.

So here is my analogy why (3) is possible and would make the most sense: Suppose you roll a 10-sided die. If you roll a 1 and don't have girl A, then you get shards for girl A. If you roll a 10 and don't have girl B then you get shards for girl B. Each time you roll, you have a 10% chance to get A, and 10% chance to get B. If you already have A, that doesn't change the chance of getting B. You have that 10% chance no matter what. Also it is still impossible to get both A and B in the same roll because you can't roll a 1 and 10 at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ObviouslyFake said:

Yes, It would be great to get an official statement, but I have to say that (3) is absolutely possible and is the outcome that would actually make the most sense. But based on a vague statement the devs have made I think it might not be the case.

So here is my analogy why (3) is possible and would make the most sense: Suppose you roll a 10-sided die. If you roll a 1 and don't have girl A, then you get shards for girl A. If you roll a 10 and don't have girl B then you get shards for girl B. Each time you roll, you have a 10% chance to get A, and 10% chance to get B. If you already have A, that doesn't change the chance of getting B. You have that 10% chance no matter what. Also it is still impossible to get both A and B in the same roll because you can't roll a 1 and 10 at the same time.

Ahh, right, i missed that possibility.

Imo, the easiest way to test is to check for event girl drop when the boss has some key items undropped.

Key items (the golden keys for gruntt, energy ball for ninja spy) have something close to 100% droprate right. If we can still get event girls despite the boss have some key items unhanded out, that would suggest the algorithm would be (2) or (3). That would be assuming world girls are treated the same as key items, where they could easilt be coded differently.