[ 19-Aug-20 ] Legendary Contests #2 - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Yet Another Poll  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Rate New Girl

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

4 hours and I'm 34th, but I need to be at least 25th to get my last 25 shards :(

I've got 30k and need to get past 90k + whatever the last minute jump is, I've got no chance of getting any other girls for the 15k points each, no orbs left and not enough kobans to get any of the three new girls from Nike, and I've got no exp items to give my harem either...

52 minutes ago, Inuzuka said:

4 hours and I'm 34th, but I need to be at least 25th to get my last 25 shards :(

I've got 30k and need to get past 90k + whatever the last minute jump is, I've got no chance of getting any other girls for the 15k points each, no orbs left and not enough kobans to get any of the three new girls from Nike, and I've got no exp items to give my harem either...

Hit market refresh on books for 42 kobans. One refresh can bring anywhere between 4000-20000 XP worth of books.

Provided you have girls to give XP to, should be feasible to do for cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.2f4a6d3a6ba846cc32e165598b35d622.png

Burned through my entire book stash for this. I don't even think it was worth, but I wanna test the waters with this new rebalanced contest, this is the one I liked the most with the old values, but now it kinda sucks as getting a girl is stupidly more worth than any other action :( 

hace 6 minutos, Čamuga dijo:

image.thumb.png.2f4a6d3a6ba846cc32e165598b35d622.png

Burned through my entire book stash for this. I don't even think it was worth, but I wanna test the waters with this new rebalanced contest, this is the one I liked the most with the old values, but now it kinda sucks as getting a girl is stupidly more worth than any other action :( 

You still get many more points from giving XPs than getting a girl. It's easier to get 15000 XP from books (you get more or less that usually on a single store refresh) than getting a girl.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Event is about to be over, I made a new feedback thread, leave your thoughts/impressions in there, I'm interested to see how many people actually like this event

There's no need for that to be separate. People can easily just leave their feedback here same as literally every other event

Thanks for the advice @Zamio.

I'm so used to saving my kobans to only use during events with girls on bosses for combativity refills that I ruled out the shop refresh out of habit.

Placed 13th and got my final 25 shard to get Bellona :) but I don't have any exp or affection items left to give her :P so she'll have to stay level 1 and 0 stars for now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

After the extremely bad results of the first 3 contests (with twice 0 and a 25) I really thought I couldn't make it this time but in the end I managed to get her.

Now I just need some psychoanalytic sessions to recover from this beautiful and not at all stressful event (and damn it we will surely have to endure it again at least one more time 😓) and then I will be fine.

cont.thumb.jpg.8133a549de74607246efb11d7bfe35f2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

LC4-final-cut.png.3a0bf6a7e601369b3f57dea198137e91.png

I was in a releatively competitive bracket and I'm a bit short with books ... I definitely have more girls that need xp, than I have xp to give them.

If I would have gone all in, I could have cracked the top 4, but I didn't think it was worth the effort, so I decided to instead just secure the top 10 spot.

My event summary:

1st day: 3rd place, got the girl, cost me 420 Kobans for League refills

2nd day: 3rd place, 6x MP orb

3rd day: 9th place, 3x MP orb

4th day: 8th place, 3x MP orb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inuzuka said:

Thanks for the advice @Zamio.

I'm so used to saving my kobans to only use during events with girls on bosses for combativity refills that I ruled out the shop refresh out of habit.

Placed 13th and got my final 25 shard to get Bellona :) but I don't have any exp or affection items left to give her :P so she'll have to stay level 1 and 0 stars for now.

You can put her as your third harem member to gain a little exp,aff when you do the daily arena fights.

Screenshot_20200820-191655_1598192115346.thumb.jpg.b2bcf6494a5f5c9336cdbe530b0a78fb.jpgScreenshot_20200821-190409_1598192138320.thumb.jpg.a509ef4b64338540e9f24ba6ae678c16.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-190119_1598192283185.thumb.jpg.9e1c5bf931a7430a46c78b669e4a7842.jpg

Day 1: Using all league fight with refill and pay about 90k xp books to compete 1st.No pvp fights refilled.

Day 2:Without the support of mythic orb,I used all PoA Epic*10 and Great*10 and half of the Epic*1 orbs and 20M ymen to buy Great*1 pachinko.

No girls collected from Epic*1 orbs.

Day 3:I forgot to do screenshot this time.Even I used about 150 tickets to do all 6 champion fights,I still did 6 refills to get 3rd.

Day 4: Power Overwhelming!

It takes me 2 months to do NOTHING for common contest.Sometimes a little effort to get 26th may still be costy.

Conclusion:All resources storage and extra kobens must be prepared for this.Sometimes shop restock may be necessary.

For champion fights,you can only give girls some xp when in common contest. 

I don't think I can get all 3 mythic*6 orb next time.

P.S It cost me over 5 hours to give gifts for affection ranking but somebody still beat me with almost double effort.

MotherFuxxer.

Edited by yoyowhan
  • Like 4
  • Thinking 2

Finished this awful awful event. I will come back to why it's awful in a minute.

I got the girl no problem, 25 shards every day. Last day I could finish 1st easily but I deemed it wasn't worth it to get 3 epic orbs and 75 flowers and more importantly prevent someone who's struggling to get the girl. The event is toxic enough as it is already. It won't do to frustrate more people.

And that's the awful part, the fact that anyone can just like that prevent someone else from getting the girl because of greed or whatever. There are also time zones to take into consideration because of the reset time. Not everyone can be available at that time and may fall victim to sniping and laggy server. We already discussed this matter but this event introduces competition compared to other events. That's not good for this kind of game because of what I said above but also:

On 7/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, linkdream said:

This event has 2 problems IMO:

1/ Limited resources in competitive high level which may lead to starvation. Everyone can't get the girl.

2/ Resource abundance in low level where the few active players get the girls with little to no effort.

Here is an idea to fix that. Why not set a fixed objective to get the girl and the better your rank, you get better bonus reward. The bonus part is important to make this more interesting and not just another standard event.

Every player who reach the objectives can get the girl and those who are competitive are rewarded with bonus stuff.

I am a very active player who uses the resources available to me in an optimal way. I sell every excess items, I always use the tickets to fight champions and enjoy the 3 daily bonus tickets. As for the orbs I use them every time I see a girl in the Mythic/Event pachinko who tickles my fancy. I struggled the first 3 days because of that.

To give you a contrast, I have another account on nutaku where I'm not very active and I don't take care of that account. As a result I have hundreds of champions tickets, hundreds of orbs and literally thousands of useless items. Without any effort I could afford to come first very day.

How is that fair Kinkoid? Why do you give advantage to inactive/lazy players in addition to all the problems I stated above? We already have a damn broken pvp system, why make things worse by adding an unnecessary frustration element to a cool game to begin with?

And no, disqualifying people who have old contests does not disqualify inactive players. It disqualifies strategic players who stockpile contests to use the rewards when the time is right. The whole thing is stupid to begin with.

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 7

I have to agree with Linkdream above.  These sorts of contests aren't fun.  I should have looked up my comments on the 1st contest and just steered clear of this one.  But no, I decided to give it a swing hoping things would be different.  Nope, even worse results than last time; a huge amount of resources wasted for 75 shards.  So not only didn't I get anything for the effort and the immense frustration at seeing the results (reset for me is yucky early in the morning) of people are lucky enough to live in more convenient time zones being able to snipe at the minutes to use just the right amount of stuff to edge me out.  Big thumbs down for this style of contest.   

• Like 4

Finished the event on day 3; I am not particular fond of this event, somehow it's too stressful, especially in the end tier bracket

but even though i dont like it, it's okay to have it - if they do some changes in objectives (removing points for regular contest on first day, changing champion tickets usage, ...) it could be even be a good event (but still probably the event i will dislike the most)

for next time I am considering two strategies: 4 x 25 shards or 1x 100; but I wont go for 50 shards anymore

edit: what often is forgotten in the discussion about this event, is that you get (with a little luck and a good management of your ressources) a 5* legendary girl with (almost) no use of kobans; you are also not forced to fight trolls which you dont want to, also great in regards how many fights most of us have left to get one of these tier 2/3 girls

Edited by blaa
addition

With a bit of luck and a ton of effort (practically slept only 3 hours between friday morning and saturday afternoon) I realized that the third day of the contest fell on friday, so I thought I had a possibility to obtain the girl. Although I hate that tactic, I reduced purposedly my combat strength and started to pound all six champions. I didn't made an exact calculation, but in the end I burned over 200 tickets (included the ones after the end of the contest to complete the phase of all the champions). That made me end at 9th place, obtaining another 50 shards and making Bellona drop. Can't say it wasn't exhausting, but IMHO ending at 9th place without spending a single koban was also quite a feat. Too bad that I forgot to wait to claim the price, or I will have gained 15k more points in the final contest (and maybe this way I would have gained a x3 orb instead of 2 x1). In this optic the 30 minutes wait for the next contest start is quite disturbing.

• Like 1

I got the girl by day 3, but that's mostly because I had some issues which had me up near reset time when I'd normally be sound asleep. So I got 50 shards when I would've expected 25. I agree that these are the least fun events, as it's the only one where there is interactive sniping, which isn't fun.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to have, because in any contest of the sort, including auctions, it happens and by necessity.

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

Too bad that I forgot to wait to claim the price, or I will have gained 15k more points in the final contest (and maybe this way I would have gained a x3 orb instead of 2 x1).

I did the exact same thing in error, but was very sleep deprived at this point.

10 hours ago, Observer_X said:

With a bit of luck and a ton of effort (practically slept only 3 hours between friday morning and saturday afternoon) I realized that the third day of the contest fell on friday, so I thought I had a possibility to obtain the girl. Although I hate that tactic, I reduced purposedly my combat strength and started to pound all six champions. I didn't made an exact calculation, but in the end I burned over 200 tickets (included the ones after the end of the contest to complete the phase of all the champions). That made me end at 9th place, obtaining another 50 shards and making Bellona drop. Can't say it wasn't exhausting, but IMHO ending at 9th place without spending a single koban was also quite a feat. Too bad that I forgot to wait to claim the price, or I will have gained 15k more points in the final contest (and maybe this way I would have gained a x3 orb instead of 2 x1). In this optic the 30 minutes wait for the next contest start is quite disturbing.

Hold on...

If you held off to claim Bellona, wouldn't the game consider you as a player who hasn't got her yet and place you in the main contest? Instead of the one where prizes are orbs.

Not trying to challenge what you are saying here... genuinely curious about what happens in the case you do not claim the girl before the new contest is generated....

hace 8 minutos, Zamio dijo:

Hold on...

If you held off to claim Bellona, wouldn't the game consider you as a player who hasn't got her yet and place you in the main contest? Instead of the one where prizes are orbs.

Not trying to challenge what you are saying here... genuinely curious about what happens in the case you do not claim the girl before the new contest is generated....

I think they fixed that this time... I've seen a screenshot here with unclaimed contests that makes it seem so, but now that I think about it it could have been photoshopped 🤔

Edited by Kenrae

21 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

I think they fixed that this time... I've seen a screenshot here with unclaimed contests that makes it seem so, but now that I think about it it could have been photoshopped 🤔

29 minutes ago, Zamio said:

Hold on...

The brackets have the same rewards, they just autoconvert if you already have the girl. I used this in the first one to claim MyP orbs instead of epic flowers when I won 100 shards of the girl on the 2nd day but had above 25th on the first day that I hadn't claimed. The bracket sorting isn't reliant upon you having claimed the contest since that would fail to sort correctly with many people being asleep/at work at the relevant time.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The brackets have the same rewards, they just autoconvert if you already have the girl. I used this in the first one to claim MyP orbs instead of epic flowers when I won 100 shards of the girl on the 2nd day but had above 25th on the first day that I hadn't claimed. The bracket sorting isn't reliant upon you having claimed the contest since that would fail to sort correctly with many people being asleep/at work at the relevant time.

Only the rewards change I see, not the bracket.

So if I understand correctly, players who have got enough shards for the girl and players who don't have enough for the girl, are not sorted into different brackets.

Which means that if I have got enough shards to claim the girl / or have outright claimed her, (by competing for orbs) I am potentially taking away not orbs but shards for another player?