Patch Notes Week #37

Noacc

6 minutes ago, Taorin said:

Shouldn't the feedback be here? They added the animation during this patch (odd it wasn't actually included in the patch notes though) and this thread is specifically discussing the changes made.

My personal opinion is the feedback section rather than here precisely because it isn't in the patch notes.
Also, this is a discussion thread over that of a feedback thread. 

That said, it's not wrong per say to discuss it here, it's just easier to get your opinions on one particular thing heard in the feedback section, as everyone's opinion on that particular matter goes there. In here you have to navigate thru way more comments on other things to find what you're looking for.

• Like 1

• Slynia locked this topic
  • Slynia unlocked this topic
6 hours ago, Bomba said:

Why not? It is annoying and it was better without it. It's already a trouble to collect money with that insane loading time, but that flying money animation makes it even harder. Not only it distracts while doing something useless, but it also blocks you from gathering money. So tell me, why can't we insist on removing this obnoxious and atrocious feature?

6 hours ago, Bomba said:

So, that's your answer? The reason for us to stop asking for the removal of this feature is because it is deliberate, so we can't say anything about? That's the new policy now? No feedback, no nothing, you do whatever you want and we should just keep our mouths shut?

Please calm down. It seems like your frustration is clouding your judgment and you are unfortunately confusing multiple things. Aggressive behavior is not welcomed on the forum, and it's not constructive in general. And that's your friendly neighborhood DvDivXXX pal speaking. Now as a mod, I'll just tell you that if you keep this tone you might force us to give you a warning.

I'll try to keep my clarification as clear and concise as possible:

• The reason you shouldn't linger on the "Flying money animation" here is because it's off-topic here.
  • Go to the dedicated feedback thread and discuss it to your heart's content there, no problem. I wasn't censoring you, just keeping this thread on track.
  • The topic of this thread is feedback (and discussion) about the new features announced in these Patch Notes.
  • Nothing I or any other forum moderator says is "a policy", unless we're explicitly quoting a policy from Kinkoid. We are NOT Kinkoid employees.

That's about it. Please remember that I'm still the same guy you've been in friendly terms with for over a year now. I just also help moderate the forum now. Even if you're unsatisfied with some stuff in the game, it shouldn't turn into anger towards Kinkoid, let alone its employees, and even if you are mad at Kinkoid, forum mods are NOT Kinkoid, so please don't take it out on us. Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi all, Short Feedback from me about Places of Power,

Nice idea to add new girls into the game. The rewards are OK.
Would love to see an option to do like 2x the speed but around 20x power needed.

Also due to the format i cannot start or finish Places of Power on my Phone (Galaxy S10),
don't know if other devices have the same problem. It cuts off right below the Reward list.
Maybe shift it to the top like you do in Tower of Fame Leagues.

Best regards
Nakimato

• Thanks 1

Try turning your devices around so that the buttons appear, or resizing your screen. Alternatively, you can play on a browser (Chrome apparently works best for most mobile devices) instead of using the mobile app itself, it seems to scale better for this sort of things.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 2:19 AM, Noacc said:

If you enjoyed Places of Power, wait for what's in store for you in the arena 😉
I couldn't help myself.

A tease about something coming to the arena? That would be awesome, as it stands there's no reason to keep fighting after you get your 16 wins (assuming there's no compatible contest)

• Like 3

• Community Manager

@test_anon

Who said anything about Kobans? 
We will share more details as soon as it's ready to hit the test server.

Personally I don't like hyping things about the game  - the result will speak for itself. 
Hyping may also set false expectations.

I've mentioned this before if I'm not mistaken.

For now a small tease ^^
That can get me a slap on the wrist 🖐️😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

Add some pvp related girls to get shards for in the arena to make it worth doing after the 16 fights and to make up for the removal of exp and items (even the boosters that make pvp easier for players was removed from it)

It needs to give a lot more affection/exp for girls in your team as well.

I don't believe the idea that multiple pops might be engaged simultaneously in future to be realistic. Just imagine having 3 (the most likely least amount we shall get) at level 10 providing you 3*3*4 = 36 champion tickets per day. Unless harem starts giving the player ten times more money than today, it's feature as ymen provider will be completely devalued and the high bracket of economy will also change a lot.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lainn said:

I don't believe the idea that multiple pops might be engaged simultaneously in future to be realistic. Just imagine having 3 (the most likely least amount we shall get) at level 10 providing you 3*3*4 = 36 champion tickets per day. Unless harem starts giving the player ten times more money than today, it's feature as ymen provider will be completely devalued and the high bracket of economy will also change a lot.

Its feature as ymen provider is already devalued, we get a lot more money by selling items. Many people at high levels don't even waste time collecting from the girls.
Having more ymens is not a problem for KK since there are money sinks were we compete against each other called "contests".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Its feature as ymen provider is already devalued, we get a lot more money by selling items. Many people at high levels don't even waste time collecting from the girls.
Having more ymens is not a problem for KK since there are money sinks were we compete against each other called "contests".

Having a hill of problems should motivate to straighten it up, not let it become a mountain. KK sells tickets for real money and considers them valuable enough. Other poa(s) might bring different rewards but you should already understand if they are combined this becomes too large of a source of freebies.

Indeed, I also get moneys for selling items. However there was no magical button giving equip, even gray ones. Contests in times past, but not everyday; tof, weekly; dailies, when lucky. But now there is.

And event revival sets, forgot those.

Edited by lainn

38 minutes ago, lainn said:

Having a hill of problems should motivate to straighten it up, not let it become a mountain. KK sells tickets for real money and considers them valuable enough. Other poa(s) might bring different rewards but you should already understand if they are combined this becomes too large of a source of freebies.

Indeed, I also get moneys for selling items. However there was no magical button giving equip, even gray ones. Contests in times past, but not everyday; tof, weekly; dailies, when lucky. But now there is.

And event revival sets, forgot those.

Tickets are valuable because they're needed for PoA (there's a point there) and they're needed on the Legendary Contest, but this is no problem because we compete against each other, so if everybody has more tickets everybody will need to use more of them to be able to compete. So, people who buy them now will continue to buy them.

If there's something that could be problematic it's the Mythic Orbs, they save you kobans by giving you boosters and eventually a girl or two. Not the tickets.

3 hours ago, lainn said:

I don't believe the idea that multiple pops might be engaged simultaneously in future to be realistic.

I sure hope they will work independently from one another. If having a PoP#1 mission running prevents you from starting a PoP#2 or a PoP#3 mission, that would be pretty inefficient and very frustrating, especially considering the koban investment each PoP independently requires to level up.

It's still not confirmed either way at this point, though. But as mentioned before, I'll keep an eye on this.

3 hours ago, lainn said:

Just imagine having 3 (the most likely least amount we shall get) at level 10 providing you 3*3*4 = 36 champion tickets per day.

That's another thing that hasn't been clearly confirmed and is probably not set in stone at this point, but I really hope that each PoP will have at least a slightly different pool of permanent rewards. PoP#1 has Ticket—MPx1—GPx10. PoP#2 could have Book—Energy—Combativity and PoP#3 Booster—Gift—Equipment, for instance. If they're all the exact same thing except for the girl (until you complete her), then it will be a lot less fun or interesting to have multiple ones, and a lot less appealing to invest koban in all of them.

And these two variables are pretty tightly linked, so future PoPs could range from awesome to underwhelming depending on how they end up:

1. Best case scenario: each PoP has a unique reward pool and you can launch missions for each PoP regardless of the other PoPs.
  2. Worst case scenario: PoPs all have the exact same permanent reward pool and you can only have one PoP mission running at a time.

And of course there's a lot of wiggle room in between these two extremes. But let's just say that if we end up with option 2/ I don't see myself investing kobans in more than one PoP. Conversely, if we have option 1/ then leveling up each PoP as they get released will remain a top priority as far as I'm concerned.

8 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

And these two variables are pretty tightly linked, so future PoPs could range from awesome to underwhelming depending on how they end up:

1. Best case scenario: each PoP has a unique reward pool and you can launch missions for each PoP regardless of the other PoPs.
  2. Worst case scenario: PoPs all have the exact same permanent reward pool and you can only have one PoP mission running.

And of course there's a lot of wiggle room in between these two extremes. But let's just say that if we end up with option 2/ I don't see myself investing kobans in more than one PoP. Conversely, if we have option 1/ then leveling up each PoP as they get released will remain a top priority as far as I'm concerned.

After playing this game for several years I understood very well not to expect much leniency and generosity from KK. Some recent changes that may suggest otherwise, like the introduction of orbs or XP UP, I assume, are connected with the staggering amount of girls and the ability for better marketing and introducing players to the game, not some benevolent will. If I may, I'd advise you to expect very little, this way I remain rather content with what game actually offers for quite some time.

As for different rewards per each pop, I wholeheartedly agree. But personally I wouldn't expect self-replenishing resources to appear there, like combativity or energy points. Books and gifts seem like an underwhelming choice compared to the first pop rewards as well. Which brings me to the conclusion that succeeding pops will likely have only partially unique rewards: leg. boosters and equipment look like a possible choices, but tickets might be something all pops will have as a common basic ground.

Disregarding the actual content of the future rewards, I still heavily doubt we'll be able to get so much goods every day through the extraordinarily simple actions 3 times per day. Look at the minuscule that we have now and how much action it requires to successfully gather and ask yourself the question.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lainn said:

If I may, I'd advise you to expect very little, this way I remain rather content with what game actually offers for quite some time.

That's fair. I more or less have the same philosophy, actually: it's better to have a good surprise than a bad one, so I set my expectations low. Still, I try to see the glass half-full, and the feedback I gave in my previous post is more what I'd like to see than what I necessarily expect to see.

Your logic that Kinkoid wouldn't give us too many resources makes sense up to a point, but it's relative to how many resources we need (to achieve certain goals, or in some cases just to keep up with the game's accelerated pace). I don't think a few PoPs giving us random freebies 3 times a day (for active and thorough players) would be excessive considering where the game is now, and how fast it's going. I guess that's where our assessments diverge.

Additionally, the delicate art of balance isn't one of the devs' biggest strengths (the PVP/League system is a constant reminder of that), and some features can have very different impact and value for different types of players. For instance, PoP#1's permanent rewards are very useful and welcomed to a mid-game player like myself, but I know quite a few late-game players who see those as pretty underwhelming and nearly useless in their own situation. And these same rewards might be a golden opportunity for newcomers with a flair for long-term progress. So the overall equilibrium is a bit more complex (and fragile) than you might think.

In any case, both of those variables are still up in the air as far as I know, so we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KelvinSmythe said:

Hello,

I thought Places of Power was going to be "permanently available." Am I experiencing a bug where PoP doesn't show up, or does "permanently available" actually mean "available for less than one month?"

It's a bug, they took it out because they had another bug and people could insta-collect the prizes, thus getting them again and again. I'm sure it will be back once they fix it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

• Noacc unpinned and unfeatured this topic