Places of Power in days

Bamboocha

I came here to check if everything is right with Places of Power, and it looks like some people like it? I don't get it. There's nothing to it. There's no challenge. You just hit the button every 7 hours and you get a chance at a shard... except you'll eventually reach a level where it takes more than 7 hours? That's not my idea of fun.

Also, that girl looks like she came from the Grinch cartoon, like Cindy Lou Who grew up to become a stripper.

Edited by czaz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, czaz said:

I came here to check if everything is right with Places of Power, and it looks like some people like it? I don't get it. There's nothing to it. There's no challenge. You just hit the button every 7 hours and you get a chance at a shard... except you'll eventually reach a level where it takes more than 7 hours? That's not my idea of fun.

Also, that girl looks like she came from the Grinch cartoon, like Cindy Lou Who grew up to become a stripper.

You choose when to level it up, so it never has to reach over 7 hours.

Its a free reward every few hours. What's not to like about free stuff? There's no challenge in anything in this game (except maybe trying to teach some players how to be less bad) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bardi said:

thanks, didnt read it carefully enough.
but iam still not quite sure... they say its permanent, but also there will be "other" places or power, which could mean i lvl the first one to lvl 10, but the next place of power starts at lvl 1, cause its not the "same"

that was basically my main concern

My first data about the drop rate of the rewards is 2 times shards, and 1 time mythic orbs.

2 of 3 makes improbable that the drop rate for the shard rewards are below 5%, but more data is needed to have more accuracy. For now I will take 5-10% as a first guess of the shards drop rate.

5 ore fa, Bardi ha scritto:

thanks, didnt read it carefully enough.
but iam still not quite sure... they say its permanent, but also there will be "other" places or power, which could mean i lvl the first one to lvl 10, but the next place of power starts at lvl 1, cause its not the "same"

3 ore fa, mrttao ha scritto:

that was basically my main concern

the level you put in THIS place of power will remain in THIS place of power forever. If they'll add a new girl in this same place of power and you had it at lvl 5, it will stay at level 5. 

Other places of power (two are already planned) will have their own levels and their own rewards.

• Like 3

This update is insanely good i must say.

Recently i've been pretty negative due to the 5 months per event situation, but this actually helps.

I hate saving up champion tickets, i always end up spending them so i dont have enough for Path of Attraction (unless i buy the second route).

Now we can get on average 4 more tickets per day (granted you upgrade the Places of Power to max rank),  so i don't have to worry anymore about getting stuck on champion mission.

And to top it off, other nice rewards as well. Well done Kinkoid!

6 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Its a free reward every few hours. What's not to like about free stuff?

Well, I hate to be that guy, but the only reward I'm interested in is the only one I'm ever interested in: the girl. I've done two runs already, one at Level 1, and the second at Level 6... and neither one has given any girl shards. Which doesn't mean anything definitive, of course. Still, it's annoying to be constantly reminded that I paid to increase the number of shards that can drop, but I can't do anything to increase the chance that any will drop at all. I would rather only get a single shard per run, if I could guarantee that's all I get for 100 runs. I won't deny that the orbs prove useful occasionally, but I stopped doing Champions a long time ago, and have no intention of going back, so those tickets are worthless to me.

As far as I can tell, the only useful thing Places of Power has done for me so far, is make me aware of individual girls' hardcore scores... and how weirdly wide the gap between some in the same tier is. I'd never noticed it before, but now I can't unsee it.

• Like 1

So I have noticed last night when I first saw this new function that you can overflow the power/minute bar by selecting all girls manually and when you start the mission the timer went down to 30 mins, but then I left the interface and came back later it was again at 7 hrs. So question is, is it just 4 girls that you should put in or as many as you can? And if I had stayed on the interface for the 30 mins it showed it would've really completed the mission or it's just a display bug?

2 minutes ago, Venge33 said:

So I have noticed last night when I first saw this new function that you can overflow the power/minute bar by selecting all girls manually and when you start the mission the timer went down to 30 mins, but then I left the interface and came back later it was again at 7 hrs. So question is, is it just 4 girls that you should put in or as many as you can? And if I had stayed on the interface for the 30 mins it showed it would've really completed the mission or it's just a display bug?

It is sufficient to hit the cap limit - like 11k on lvl 1. It will never go below 7 hours. It can go up to ~5 days. So auto assign is all you need right now.

so visual bug, yeah.

Edited by windia

9 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

If you hate to be that guy, maybe try not being that guy. This isn't taking away from anything else in the game. Someone's just given you a free $20. Stop complaining that the note has been folded.

...If your goal with that response was to make me aware of how much actual money I would feel I'd wasted had I actually paid any, mission accomplished.

And to be clear, it's not as if I said this new feature was ruining the game. I was pretty excited about it while reading the patch notes. Then I started using it and realized it wasn't what I thought it would be. But even now, I still prefer it to some other recently added features.

I would never blame a mod for being defensive, since I've seen some of the things they have to deal with around here, but... this wasn't an attack. Merely an observation.  Maybe not an entirely positive one. But maybe that's justified, since this wasn't an entirely positive experience.

For either of us.

20 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Its a free reward every few hours. What's not to like about free stuff? There's no challenge in anything in this game (except maybe trying to teach some players how to be less bad) 

It's every 7 hours. That's not "every few hours". It's long enough to make it nothing more than an afterthought.

As for no challenge in this game, I'd disagree with that. In the Champions you have the draft system. In the Arena you have boosters and you have to keep coming back throughout the day to get your wins. In the Leagues you have the whole aspect of gaming the system and dropping tiers. This ain't exactly a Civ game, sure, but Places of Power seems the lowest effort, boring play system in the game.

Oh and I've received like 5 Champion Cards and 1 orb so far. 0 shards. Yay.

Edited by czaz

1 ora fa, czaz ha scritto:

It's every 7 hours. That's not "every few hours". It's long enough to make it nothing more than an afterthought.

As for no challenge in this game, I'd disagree with that. In the Champions you have the draft system. In the Arena you have boosters and you have to keep coming back throughout the day to get your wins. In the Leagues you have the whole aspect of gaming the system and dropping tiers. This ain't exactly a Civ game, sure, but Places of Power seems the lowest effort, boring play system in the game.

Oh and I've received like 5 Champion Cards and 1 orb so far. 0 shards. Yay.

That is an incredibly significant sample, I must say.

Well. This might not be a "game changing" addition as orbs were. But it gives free mythic orbs (that means free experience legendary books and legendary boosters, and sometimes even a free girl), great x10 orbs (a considerably ymens flow, legendary equipment to update your current ones, and affection and experience gift, that are never enough, at least for me). Eventually, a girl for free. Oh, and tickets, which with the introduction of PoA are always welcomed.

It is a long term and permanent feature, that gives free stuff, that can be approached completely for free. And just a level 4 (that means a 1800 kobans expenditure, 600x3 levels up, that you do not have to spend all in one time) is sufficient to drastically reduce the amount of time needed to get the girl(s)

2 hours ago, czaz said:

It's every 7 hours. That's not "every few hours". It's long enough to make it nothing more than an afterthought

7 fits the dictionary definition of "few". It is a small number. 3 rewards a day is a lot, although not so much that the casual players who only play twice a day to prevent their main timers capping will really miss out on.

• Like 1

The only challenge in this game is PvP: leagues. Because you compete against others. The rest is very easy, unless you want to maximize it to be able to compete in the leagues.

And that's ok, if someone wants to play casually, follow the story, and dedicate a small amount of time to the game he can do that. If someone wants to take the challenge and compete he can also do that. And anything in between.

So for everyone who swears there is no challenge whatsoever to Places of Power, I have a very relevant question:

Have any of you gotten any shards from it yet? Because for me at least, apparently auto assigning highest value girls is not the way to do it.

I am starting to think that decreasing the time may also decrease shard drop rate, so maybe letting it run for a full day actually is the better choice. I haven't tested this yet, though.