Poll: about the money animation in the harem page

Observer_X

Poll: about the money animation in the harem page  

119 members have voted

1. 1. A bugfix introduced along with the Week #37 patch made the money animation in the harem reappear. Do you like that money animation?

• Yes, it was time for it to finally return
    • No, I would have preferred that particular bug to remain as it was
    • For me it is indifferent / I don't care
  2. 2. If you answered "No" to the first question, what is the main reason you don't like that animation?

• I simple don't like it visually
    • It is done in a way that slows down the manual harvest of ymens (clicks are often hampered)
    • It is really slow
    • Other (will detail in post)
    • I didn't answer "No" to the first question
  3. 3. Assuming it was possible to request it, would you like the developers to implement an option to disable that animation?

• Yes
    • No
    • For me it is indifferent / I don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

Given the ruckus that the return of the animation mentioned in topic has lifted around the forum, I decided to try to put that in numbers. Independently from the real value of the result, people at least will have a single spot to say his own on the matter. If any of you like it, happy voting.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Hi,

recently i have encountered a very annoying "feature" when you collect money from your harem. If you click on each girl to collect money without spending the 12 kobans, a small animation plays where some cash flies to the middle of the screen. The reason this animation annoys is because if you go quickly through the girls, the icon of money flying over a girl blocks your click and you do not collect the money. Now this might seem like a very minor problem but it makes something that should take 30-60 seconds to almost 2 mins or longer since you have to collect a lot slower so the animation doesn't get in the way. Can you guys please remove that again please? 

Thanks!

• Like 4

Repeating what I said in my now locked thread: 

Just for grins I went back to the list view (image.png.68ac5ebc4324bab46421f51c932252cf.png,  versus grid view: image.png.c9326b4b8510168cd090400440f8b47b.png) to see if there was any difference. 

It was pretty clear after this that the animation was designed using/for the list view (it even looks kind of nice), which I think very much explains why it is such crap in the grid view. Kinkoid needs to come up with a different animation for grid view, or toggle it off when we go to grid view, or even develop a different way of doing it that works for both views.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good job on the poll. To expound on a few things, my real answer to question 2 is:

I simply don't like it visually AND  It is done in a way that slows down the manual harvest of ymens (clicks are often hampered) AND It is really slow.

This is an instance of where the feature is a bug, and the bug is a feature.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I voted no in question two and other in question three.

Overall, the money animation does nothing for me so it's just extra fluff. In the past it has hampered collection of money and probably will do so again depending on page view and size. Also, it's more processing and can possibly cause slow down in browsing. I usually have multiple tabs up and going, some inflicting their own toll on the browser (some necessary and some not) but it just adds more to the load.

But, overall, a feature that allows you to turn off the bells and whistles of all the animation would be good in my book.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ali-n said:

Repeating what I said in my now locked thread: 

Just for grins I went back to the list view (image.png.68ac5ebc4324bab46421f51c932252cf.png,  versus grid view: image.png.c9326b4b8510168cd090400440f8b47b.png) to see if there was any difference. 

It was pretty clear after this that the animation was designed using/for the list view (it even looks kind of nice), which I think very much explains why it is such crap in the grid view. Kinkoid needs to come up with a different animation for grid view, or toggle it off when we go to grid view, or even develop a different way of doing it that works for both views.

Does anyone use the list view? I don't remember when was the last time I used it.

5 hours ago, Zteev said:

Good job on the poll. To expound on a few things, my real answer to question 2 is:

I simply don't like it visually AND  It is done in a way that slows down the manual harvest of ymens (clicks are often hampered) AND It is really slow.

This is an instance of where the feature is a bug, and the bug is a feature.

That would be my answer too. I've selected the second, because it's the one I find more important, but the other two are true too.

• Like 1

Poll so far is pretty overwhelming in the problem, the flying money is blocking clicks and slowing people down. I don't particularly care about the animation except that it blocks clicks, it would be fine to keep it as long as the money can be clicked through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, it is a categorical mystery what place people think who make such "tricks" in the game as flying money. But not with the head for sure.

The harem page is already crooked, slow and buggy. She is annoying. So let's add some animation to it to make it even pissed off. Apparently they hope that after that everyone will run to buy a monthly card. But I hasten to disappoint - they won't run. People don't like being blackmailed in this way. A beginner in the game, having worn out with the collection, will simply spit and go to play something else, but the one who endured this glitchy harem screen and plays further will very quickly understand that those ridiculous amounts that the harem now gives are not worth the extra mouse movement.

It is high time to collect money from the harem with one button from the city screen for all players, so that players (especially new ones) would less often go to the slow and poor harem screen and not see this disgrace. everyone will be happy. One of the main axioms for ftp games is that when buying something, the player makes a choice between good and great, and not between terrible and more or less.

Especially now I went into the harem and tried to quickly collect money from 400+ girls. The browser is fucking frozen - I had to reset it through the task manager. It's good that I'm a big boy in the game and those ridiculous sums that are given in the harem I can simply not collect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Slynia and @DocJD:

I noted that you answered "For me it is indifferent / I don't care" to question 1, but in question 2 your names are under the "Other" answer (without any post from you).

Is that a clicking mistake or you still didn't had time to detail?

I would also make note for all the people who will be interested in the final results that I made an error while compiling the poll, leaving for a minute question 2 as multiple answer, while it was my exact intention to made it single answer (reason why the question says "main reason" and I added an "Other" answer). Unluckily, @Redbeard was too quick so his name falls in two answers.

1 minute ago, Observer_X said:

I noted that you answered "For me it is indifferent / I don't care" to question 1, but in question 2 your names are under the "Other" answer (without any post from you).

That must have been a mistake on my part. I thought I chose "I didn't answer "No" to the first question". Whoops.
The reason as to why I don't care is because I'm using the monthly card, so I never see the flying money anyway ^_^ 

And for those interested, I chose "Yes" on question 3 because I'm always for customization, as people have different preferences. 👍

24 minutes ago, Slynia said:

I thought I chose "I didn't answer "No" to the first question".

Ooops... forgive me, I forgot... I edited the answer just because it was the wrong form. Being question 2 reserved only to players that answered "No" to question 1, I changed "I answered "yes" to the first question" to "I didn't answer "No" to the first question". Forgive me for not explaining before.

29 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Ooops... forgive me, I forgot... I edited the answer just because it was the wrong form. Being question 2 reserved only to players that answered "No" to question 1, I changed "I answered "yes" to the first question" to "I didn't answer "No" to the first question". Forgive me for not explaining before.

Mate, you just apologized twice, when there is nothing to apologize for. 😉
That was a good change, as "I answered "yes" to the first question" doesn't make sense, so it's good as it is now!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Observer_X said:

@Slynia and @DocJD:

I would also make note for all the people who will be interested in the final results that I made an error while compiling the poll, leaving for a minute question 2 as multiple answer, while it was my exact intention to made it single answer (reason why the question says "main reason" and I added an "Other" answer). Unluckily, @Redbeard was too quick so his name falls in two answers.

I tried skipping question 2 but it wouldn't accept my poll. I just clicked "other" to get past the question. I don't care about the animation. That's all that matters.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

@Kenrae:

I used the list view in the past when i searched for the girls who i overlooked at collecting the income at grid view. Since the flying money is back I use only the list view for collecting.

I also use the list view for easy notice of collecting, and also when I'm looking at harem specifics, such as how many 5* girls I have in each class, or some pose-specific stuff. when they are only a handful of girls, list view is easier.

After spending a bit more time on this and realizing that if I go down the columns it acts the same as the list view (minimal collision if any collision if my tempo is right), I think my answer for #2 is less "It is done in a way that slows down the manual harvest of ymens (clicks are often hampered)" and more Other...in that it's just not necessary.  Perhaps this is "I simple don't like it visually" so I will explain and you can decide=)

When I open an email, there's no notification (tone, bell, voice, fanfare, flying icon) saying "you've opened the email", it just opens.  This easily could be done, maybe there's even a mod/setting for it, but there's no reason (at least not for me).  This is not the same as if I get a text and there's a tone or a vibration.  That is a reaction to an incoming.  This (and the opening of the email example) is a reaction to an input.  I know what I've done and just want it to be done with minimal fanfare.

The money image disappearing was enough to indicate the action was complete (same as email where the message is marked read).  Anything extra is unnecessary.  I suspect this is why you don't see (m)any positive votes (from question 1) but you see several that don't care.  Because people may not care there's additional fanfare but I feel like it's the rare person that actually desires it.

Bug or feature, this very much feels like someone with a cool toy who wanted to show off.  But the "toy" isn't needed nor gains anything in this application.

Edited by jpanda
typo fixes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello !
Every time I gather money in my Harem, I end up with the same conclusion : the little animation with the dollar bill (the thing I circled in my screen) is pretty darn useless and always end up being a problem, especially now that there's tons of clicks to do to gather everything.
Why is it a problem ? Because the game slows down insanely because of that (especially on the phone) but also because it looks like it cancels some clicks (maybe because of the slow downs, maybe because they actually have a hitbox, couldn't tell).
Quite recently, probably because of a bug, I did not have this animation and things were so much smoother, having them back is really something I dislike.
Could we have a simple option to disable that animation ?
Thank you !
image.png.7e8b68d67bd215f32df09d251f0ed0e7.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, windia said:

anybody noticed the acknowledge by Noacc in the patch w37 thread, , didn't you?

To put it simply, I don't. And if I had to place a bet, I would say I am far from being the only one (before your post, obviously). Anyway, since I wrote this poll for the reasons in the first post, being @Noacc post of the same date, namely eight days ago (nearly five hours before the poll creation), I can only hope that he will get another look around here and consider this thread a good enough feedback (as I said, despite the small number of polls participants in the forum). If he doesn't, patience, at least I tried (and maybe helped a little bit about forum cleaning).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

To put it simply, I don't. And if I had to place a bet, I would say I am far from being the only one (before your post, obviously). Anyway, since I wrote this poll for the reasons in the first post, being @Noacc post of the same date, namely eight days ago (nearly five hours before the poll creation), I can only hope that he will get another look around here and consider this thread a good enough feedback (as I said, despite the small number of polls participants in the forum). If he doesn't, patience, at least I tried (and maybe helped a little bit about forum cleaning).

Nothing personal for or against your poll. 

It is fine at it is, I just wanted to say: KK already took notice in a form, I don't know in which.

So it is no waste, it is more an addon, so to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to share a little tip here that I find useful to minimize the inconvenience of manual harvest interference from the flying cash animation. It's basically like a mini-game of sorts. I use grid view, and I click on the visible girls from top to bottom, and then from right to left. Since the animations fly from left to right, always start from the far-left, and mostly take a horizontal path (until they go up to the top-right after passing the grid), by using this pattern of clicks you avoid the most collisions with the flying stacks (if you don't go too fast, but not too slow either, you need to find the right pace). While you're clicking on the girl on the second row from the top, the animation triggered by your previous click on the girl right above her passes you by. It's not perfect and you still have to click a girl twice or wait a bit for the animations to avoid lag, but it makes it more manageable than a horizontal pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

since my last post got censored...

The devs are doing an EXTREMELY poor job of developing anything. This type of change borders on malicious and their lack of correction/response even though the overwhelming majority dislikes the change would be laughable if it wasn't so annoying. Maybe they'll roll out a change for this in 2023...oh wait they're too busy reusing face animations on their sorry excuse for personality-less carbon copy girl releases.

If this forum is just a safe-space for the staff just send me a message and I'll just stop logging in.

Edited by RussellWestbrook
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RussellWestbrook said:

since my last post got censored...

5 hours ago, RussellWestbrook said:

If this forum is just a safe-space for the staff just send me a message and I'll just stop logging in.

I thought my warning was fair enough, but it seems you've misread it as "here's a cheap excuse you can use to falsely paint yourself as a victim of censorship, enjoy". That's pretty unfortunate, as it's actually a type of behavior I'm not okay with.

Instead, what you were supposed to get from my warning was simply: "watch your fucking language". And to be clear, it's a behavior issue more than a vocabulary one. As I already told you in the warning, you're free to give feedback, even negative one, but not direct insults or personal attacks.

See? Your second draft is fine by me (except the victim card quoted above). It delivers the same message and even adds more criticism compared to your original one-liner, but at least it doesn't do so by calling people garbage... Feeling safe in this space yet? 🤗

• Like 4