Seasons feature is live

jelom

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Erm, Mojo is an Elo-like score, it's just implemented with serious shortcomings. (Most of which are unavoidable because of how PvP works here.) Anyway...

Yeah sure, Mojo is kind of an Elo score, but its really hard for new players to catch up to old players in terms of mojo, depening on how old the players are literally impossible.
While a new chess player could reasonable get to the top (if good enought)

Also i am sure if you boosted up at a chess tournament you would be thrown out for cheating really quickly :p

• Haha 1

If there's one thing I'm glad I did before Seasons came out it's finally catching up on my stats from the market. Keeping them at max has really helped me out. That and the fresh supply of GP10x orbs every day has kept my equipment in good shape too. For those having trouble beating people within the +/- 40 range, that's the best tip I can give that almost anybody can do. Other than that, level up your harem (that harem level bonus is deceptively useful in very close fights) and get a team of three 5* girls of your chosen class. 

Just going to say this: I'm not going to pay more money to KK unless they give the option to get the Season Pass with kobans. I'm not a big spender but I buy the SIlver Card once in a while to support the game. I guess it's the only thing I can do that can have any effect, other than stopping playing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Just going to say this: I'm not going to pay more money to KK unless they give the option to get the Season Pass with kobans. I'm not a big spender but I buy the SIlver Card once in a while to support the game. I guess it's the only thing I can do that can have any effect, other than stopping playing.

i feel you, but you also could just buy the season pass once in a while to support them; you wont lose much on kobans on it, and free collect probably doesnt bother you

edit: at least I will not extend my silver card anymore, but I am still considering buying the season pass (as long as I have free nutaku gold I will do it for sure)

Edited by blaa

31 minutes ago, blaa said:

i feel you, but you also could just buy the season pass once in a while to support them; you wont lose much on kobans on it, and free collect probably doesnt bother you

edit: at least I will not extend my silver card anymore, but I am still considering buying the season pass (as long as I have free nutaku gold I will do it for sure)

It's not about spending the same amount of money on another place, it's about complaining in a way that can be felt.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Shorty-er said:

So if I use my strongest team while I am selecting and fighting opponents (Duh!) and then I change to my worst possible line-up for the next 10 hours while I build up "Kisses" again, then everyone who draws me as opponent has an easier time.

Someone else in this thread already had the same idea, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, that I forgot who it was. And I do exactly the same thing since day 1 of Seasons. I even have some trash gear for this (including my level 5 'Lucky Kitten' from the beginning of the game ;)).

The only problem I see is for players in the Dicktator III brackets that don't want to give their opponents easy victories. That could be an ugly double-bind there. Then again - those are the players that will have a slightly easier time to accumulate mojo for the new contest.

For everyone else this is more of a PvD (players vs devs) contest instead of PvP. Since, you've already said it, you don't gain anything for being ahead of other players. To the contrary. You want to trail behind everybody else so you don't run into too many set ups with 3 unbeatable players. So this whole thing disguises as a PvP but in reality we're all better off if we help each other out. So let's get this trash gear out and choose level 1 haremettes for our teams before we go to sleep. It won't get us all to level 45 in half a month but it should have some statistical effects that will eventually materialize.

But still... even if I appreciate the changes they made, the whole contest feels ill thought-out. Maybe it would be better if they'd just make a PvE event out of it.Some kind of 'RPG light' would be neat. You could choose some of your girls for a typical RPG party and take them on a month-long quest that is a bit more sophisticated than the usual click-and-collect-stuff. With riddles and monsters and... okay, probably the wrong game for this. ;)

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Moonlynx said:

Someone else in this thread already had the same idea, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, that I forgot who it was. And I do exactly the same thing since day 1 of Seasons. I even have some trash gear for this (including my level 5 'Lucky Kitten' from the beginning of the game ;)).

I thought I had read the whole thread, but I apologize to whoever it was :D. 

>>The only problem I see is for players in the Dicktator III brackets

Yeah. I suspect at some point really high level players might not want to participate. But that doesn't really matter. I'm sure we'll never get all lower level players to participate either. Still doesn't matter, because like you said:

>>To the contrary. You want to trail behind everybody else

Exactly! And I had not considered equiping trash gear yet.

>>But still... even if I appreciate the changes they made, the whole contest feels ill thought-out.

That seems to be KK's thing. Remember that "progress bar" pop-up? Release something shabby, refuse to disable it, have players complain about it for weeks, and slowly fix it into something workable. Who knows where this Seasons stuff will end up? :D

• Like 1

After playing it a few days, I can say I am not a fan. The most frustrating thing about it is that it limits lower level players from having any chance to catch up to higher level players anymore. The Arena at least gave a little extra xp a day with some consistent effort. Now the possible xp is half for the month (the same as we had before if paying for the season pass) and most low level players might not even get to a high enough tier to get any xp (another side note, this is quick math from the xp I used to get off arena which I'm pretty sure scales up with level, I am not sure if the new feature does as well. From the current prize numbers I would guess that they don't, unless they increase by a hundred at a time). It is also a koban dump for the non top players, between boosters and refreshes, which is worse to have because lower level do not get as many free kobans a week from tower of fame. Just off the top of my head, the first possible relief that came to mind, if you are going to do straight pvp based on mojo/tiers, is to bare minimum offer a free refresh every 30 minutes that is not automatic and does not stack, but that is just putting a band aide on a severed artery.. You guys could go further and have each refresh "drop you mojo" (not actually drop your mojo in the tiers just pull up different players with the next highest mojo) that can repeat and keep "dropping" with each refresh till the player finally wins a battle (then resets back to current mojo level). It will at least give a chance for low level players to still have a chance to move to the top tiers if they want to spend a lot of kobans over the month, instead of spending kobans and still hitting a prize wall. If it is not going to be changed then need to add another feature that gives more xp, to have lower level players have a chance to over take higher level players with consistent playing (if the higher level players get lazy or bored with the game and aren't playing as much anymore).

Edited by Superhunk21
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Moonlynx said:

For everyone else this is more of a PvD (players vs devs) contest instead of PvP.

This put a grin on my face.  The three of you are absolutely correct, and it resonates with another game I used to p(l)ay: people on friendly terms would contact each other and ask if they'd drop their defenses for a couple of minutes.  We routinely did this for club/guild members but would do it for others as well.  Same paradigm as here, no benefit to being on top in a game feature that conferred benefits for participation but was wildly out of balance.

Thanks for putting it back on the radar, Shorty-er.  I missed Beb's post as well somehow.  FWIW, given that I'm level 240, I'm in. 🙂

Edited by SoggyShorts
*Beb, not Bep (apologies!)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jn12345 said:

I'm disappointed about Seasons.

Mojo system is very unfair, it doesn't care about the level of players. And the Pass Season is awful, I expected to spend kobans to unlock it.

I hope you will change both as soon as possible.

First one is already changed.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

I suggest learning to read, because they didn't say they wouldn't return in the future. Just because they can only be obtained via Seasons doesn't mean they will only be obtainable this one specific month

On 11/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

I more expected them to come back some other way (and even then I still kinda expect that to happen. Exclusive can just mean "not in the pachinko right now"), but yeah, pretty much every long term player would expect Kinkoid to bring them back eventually. It's just silly to leave them uncollectable for new whales

That's it mate !!!!! Those are the words that i really wanted to hear, that is my only concern about the seasons (i mean the levels are not that much someone did the math and said that is only 4-5 lvls/year). Becouse i just don't wanna see one of my favourite pass by and never return, if they will be back somehow than i'm ok with everything. Again i'm only against the idea that a "parody" girl would be cash exclusive (but yes i went again in the patch notes and the blog, nothing is written about it. I don't know who made me think that XD). Still btw it would sucks a bit if this is a "test" to see if they can start drawing paywalls tho, becouse it could get worst and i don't wanna see this wonderfull (and probably the only fair game where everyone has a chance) game ruinded by greed.

Edited by Xemnas

Back in the day I used to participate in the "non-defense pact". When we went idle we would swap in L1 girls. Made for some interesting ooopsies when we forgot to swap back before resuming play.

I have never really paid any attention to mojo. I just took every possible fight. (Except for 2 2 month periods when I focused on losing.) Losses are good. Am I right in thinking I can only lose mojo when I attack? I do not lose mojo when other players attack and beat me?

• Like 2

As a very casual player I can say the Seasons are a complete waste for me.  Just because my player level is high does not mean my pvp level is good.  I'm routinely set against people 3 or 4 times my scores.  It's been what, 3 or 4 days so far?  I'm at level zero and have lost all but maybe 5 matches in that time.  What incentive is there for me to spend any money on this feature at all if I don't have a solid chance of getting new additions to my harem?

This is very similar to the RAID Shadow Legends Season system, except they use daily quests to earn points and levels.  The same could be done here and give casuals like me a reason to spend money.

hace 22 horas, _shal_ dijo:

Erm, Mojo is an Elo-like score, it's just implemented with serious shortcomings. (Most of which are unavoidable because of how PvP works here.) Anyway...

Of course it does, simply because stronger players will find it easier to increase their mojo score than weaker players do, so eventually stronger players will be fighting only each other and weaker players will also only be fighting each other. That's the whole point of the stat. It didn't work very well in the arena because large parts of the overall range of mojo scores were fractured into "bubbles" after three years which it was impossible to get out of (so being stronger/weaker no longer mattered, only being active/inactive did), but with monthly resets that should be much less of a problem, and the soft resets mooted in the patch note will help some, too.

The reason it worked so badly for the first two days of Seasons is not the way mojo works, but that 1) players have no control over which opponents they're set against, and 2) the hero level puts a cap on how much stronger people can actually make themselves. You can compare two level 400 players and determine that one of them is "strong" and one is "weak", but in comparing a level 400 with a level 300 those terms simply lose their meaning. That's why a level restriction was required to be added, so that people don't get forced into absolutely impossible combat situations.

(Although, technically it wasn't required, but the alternative would have been to let high-level people win a lot for several weeks and low-level players to lose a lot, in order to let strength-appropriate mojo ratings come about for everybody, and that's obviously not compatible with a month-long competition that is meant to hand out rewards based on mojo gains. The level restriction essentially breaks things down into contest-style brackets, just with fluid borders.)

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm not saying that ±40 is necessarily the appropriate setting for the level ranges here, but the idea behind it is correct. We'll see if there's a need for Kinkoid to tweak it further.

But Mojo is the result of our actions, reflecting how many fights we've won, not how strong or weak our character is. Weak players paired with even more weaker players are able to raise their mojo as fast as stong players do against regular ones.

hace 1 hora, snowman22 dijo:

Back in the day I used to participate in the "non-defense pact". When we went idle we would swap in L1 girls. Made for some interesting ooopsies when we forgot to swap back before resuming play.

I have never really paid any attention to mojo. I just took every possible fight. (Except for 2 2 month periods when I focused on losing.) Losses are good. Am I right in thinking I can only lose mojo when I attack? I do not lose mojo when other players attack and beat me?

I still do it, changing every night to the latest girls I've recruited and a set of equipment much worse than my usual one. And yes, that led to some accidents in the past for me as well.

3 hours ago, snowman22 said:

Ah yes, the non-defence pact, yeah i did that too, often did lead to a clean sweap in the arena (3 losses) due to forgetting about girls, and only realizing after you done the first two battles (i allways fought every battle)
Unfortunaly had to stop with the non-defence when i started competing in the leagues , since i don't plan on doing much league this month, i will be fielding the Samane Level 1 battle team.
I assume it still works like the old arena, updates every 6 hours?

9 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

I assume it still works like the old arena, updates every 6 hours?

I don't know the girls, but I've seen the stats update in a 30 second span outside of the league (and old arena) refresh moment. So it seems it updates much more often.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:08 AM, MrRumblePants said:

So it appears that the Seasons opponents do not auto-refresh after a period of time, but can only be refreshed by competing or paying (Kobans). I wouldn't mind this much, except that the opponents that pop onto the list are way out of my league, and now that losing costs me Mojo I would rather not risk a loss.

It's nice that there are so many rewards to play for, but I don't see myself getting very far on those milestones without dumping a lot of Kobans. PvP becomes quite unplayable. 😛

I would like to note that since I posted this last complaint, I've noticed that the PvP players that show on the Seasons page are much more likely to be closer to my level, and thus easier to compete against. I don't win every time, but am much more competitive than before, so I am able to move forward on the rewards chain, even if not very quickly.

It's not likely that I'll be able to win all rewards by the end of the month, but I am confident that I can win enough to merit participation in Seasons. Did anything change? This is much more to my liking now ...

😁😁😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MrRumblePants said:

I would like to note that since I posted this last complaint, I've noticed that the PvP players that show on the Seasons page are much more likely to be closer to my level, and thus easier to compete against. I don't win every time, but am much more competitive than before, so I am able to move forward on the rewards chain, even if not very quickly.

It's not likely that I'll be able to win all rewards by the end of the month, but I am confident that I can win enough to merit participation in Seasons. Did anything change? This is much more to my liking now ...

😁😁😁

yeah, some quick patch on Wednesday to set a opponent's level limit +-40 from yours.

The myth that low level players cannot advance in the season is not true. Surely there is also many kisses refills and heavy booster usage involved, but if a level 251 can reach this place in the leaderboard, and a level 390 can reach tier 27 or a level 325 is at tier 19 in a week, means that the system is viable.

image.thumb.png.c8393ce510b0cd24ac506d0a172581ac.png

• Haha 1

if someone is still looking for "how long are the opponent#s numbers preserved?", here is an example:

with 0 kisses:

image.thumb.png.a249330cff32709ffda30162bb44a4a1.png

9 hours later

image.thumb.png.a74fc959d6169f6aba094baf584ca21b.png

what you should see is that the middle player lost it's boosters in this time.

As I got a win, I assume the shown values were taken.

EDIT: 

look closely to the first player and you see that his def stats have changed a tiny little bit. I'm not sure the reason, as his ego rised 4k, while the def range only ~150. And there was no level up of the battle team.

Edited by windia
first player also changed stats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4