Seasons feature is live

jelom

1 hour ago, Cantrix said:

You can until you have faced against all opponents in the season, afterwards you won't be able to participate anymore.

He has asked about Seasons, not the league.

You can keep on fighting, and it's better for other people that you do it actually, to leave out of their way in the mojo rank.

4 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

He has asked about Seasons, not the league.

You can keep on fighting, and it's better for other people that you do it actually, to leave out of their way in the mojo rank.

yes we are talking about "seasons" not ToF, there too is a limit to the players in the brackets a bit more loose and hard to get, but eventually you can run out of opponents there too.

3 hours ago, Cantrix said:

yes we are talking about "seasons" not ToF, there too is a limit to the players in the brackets a bit more loose and hard to get, but eventually you can run out of opponents there too.

Never heard of this. Got any proof of this?

If none is provided, I'm calling bullshit.

12 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Never heard of this. Got any proof of this?

If none is provided, I'm calling bullshit.

The proof is the matchmaking itself. Since you are paired with people with simillar mojo and some level restrictions, you will eventually face off all players on that mojo and level tier. As we know there are certain number of people playing hentaiheroes here and they are aorted out in brackets by mojo and level. So brackets itself arent boundless, because a certain number of people are playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

The proof is the matchmaking itself. Since you are paired with people with simillar mojo and some level restrictions, you will eventually face off all players on that mojo and level tier. As we know there are certain number of people playing hentaiheroes here and they are aorted out in brackets by mojo and level. So brackets itself arent boundless, because a certain number of people are playing the game.

Yes, but how does limited number of players to verse mean you could potentially have no opponents? You just get the same opponents more frequently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Yes, but how does limited number of players to verse mean you could potentially have no opponents? You just get the same opponents more frequently.

I haven't faced of against the same person for more than once till now, so i don't know how this works. Maybe you are right.

I finished Season of the Rose a few hours ago about 1-2 days earlier than I predicted. I have held off running my mouth until the season was complete. I probably should hold off until after 2 seasons but patience was never my strength.

• I like seasons more than the arena.
  • It was pretty easy. I am boosted in some manner 3/4 of the time for leagues. I do not think I ever had 3 losses in a row.
  • Ended up about 400th on the leaderboard.
  • The girl xp/aff is much lower than arena. In arena I was in bot city so I could run 3 non-maxed lvl/star girls. In seasons I can sometimes run a non-maxed omega.
  • The lower xp rewards (vs old arena) are not really an issue since everybody is in the same boat.
  • Despite the above statement my biggest dislike is the xp on the paid path. I am right on the cusp of being able to place 2-4 in D3 every 3rd or so week. I need a weak group and no mistakes. If I fall behind 3-4 levels in a year I am toast.
  • I like the extra strategy from being able to bank fists, energy, and xp for weeks.
  • I REALLY like the 10 hour rhythm. I am so happy to kick that hourly arena nag to the curb. This offsets all the negatives.

To all those hating on seasons I ask that you look at what it can do, instead of how it is not the arena.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

I haven't faced of against the same person for more than once till now, so i don't know how this works. Maybe you are right.

I know I'm right, as I keep seeing the same people over and over again, and there's no way the whales could've reached tier 45 so early if they could only fight each person once each.

Please don't try to state your opinion of how something works as a fact, especially when there's no information that contributes to that.

23 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I finished Season of the Rose a few hours ago about 1-2 days earlier than I predicted. I have held off running my mouth until the season was complete. I probably should hold off until after 2 seasons but patience was never my strength.

• It was pretty easy. I am boosted in some manner 3/4 of the time for leagues. I do not think I ever had 3 losses in a row.
  • The girl xp/aff is much lower than arena. In arena I was in bot city so I could run 3 non-maxed lvl/star girls. In seasons I can sometimes run a non-maxed omega.
  • The lower xp rewards (vs old arena) are not really an issue since everybody is in the same boat.
  • Despite the above statement my biggest dislike is the xp on the paid path. I am right on the cusp of being able to place 2-4 in D3 every 3rd or so week. I need a weak group and no mistakes. If I fall behind 3-4 levels in a year I am toast.
  • I like the extra strategy from being able to bank fists, energy, and xp for weeks.
  • I REALLY like the 10 hour rhythm. I am so happy to kick that hourly arena nag to the curb. This offsets all the negatives.

To all those hating on seasons I ask that you look at what it can do, instead of how it is not the arena.

That's basically my opinion too. Let's hope they add a koban payment to unlock the premium pass.

• Like 3

Could it be that once you reach Tier 45 you don't increse your mojo anymore? All you see is "Max Tier" without a number. You could still be increasing it under the hood though (the reward is there after every battle).

It's important for the other players who are still trying to reach this tier, if you keep increasing your mojo you can get out of their way, otherwise you won't.

EDIT: Of course you do, you can see it on the leaderboard 😛

Edited by Kenrae

2 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I mostly agree also, if not on the details.  By your league placement and use of boosts, I imagine that you have quite a few levels on my 253.  I submit that your reality in this game differs a fair bit from mine, and from those who are lower level than I.

I'm not sure of other people's realities WRT boosts, but I've been having to run them for close to a week just to advance in Seasons.  While I'm not exactly a paragon of gaming efficiency, I do strive for it, but for me, those boosts are ONLY applicable to Seasons.  I can't survive in higher brackets of the Leagues, so Leagues placement doesn't come close to offsetting the boosts' cost.  The koban drain created thereby is again offset by koban rewards in Seasons, but it's a tough sell.  D-level competitors are not encountering a new requirement and are frequently rewarded for League placement in a way that compensates for the boosts' cost.  Most of us are being presented with the need and cost of the boosts at a much lower level than "normal."  Maybe the need will create "league bracket churn," with lots of people moving back and forth during the last week or so of Seasons. 

"The lower xp rewards (vs old arena) are not really an issue since everybody is in the same boat."  Not entirely.  Your peer group is in the same boat, as is mine, but they're different boats.  The XP bonus from Arena constituted a higher percentage of a level for lower-level players, so in contrast with KK's intent to narrow the gap, it actually slows down lower level players' leveling speed more than it does advanced players'.  Not that I'm in a huge rush to get into the pressures that higher level players face, mind you...

"I like the extra strategy from being able to bank fists, energy, and xp for weeks."  I like this ability too.  However, by next Season, most of us will have glommed onto it, creating "contest inflation" and wiping out any contest-related advantage that comes from it.  However, it will still be quite useful in events and it adds a nice dimension for hoarders like myself.  

I also like the 10 hour rhythm, though I miss the ability to level second- and even third-string teams just to save some XP items.  This is a tiny, and I mean TINY advantage, but tiny advantages do add up over time.  That's my grinding bias at work there. 🙂  If I could trickle-charge my harem bonus every 30 minutes and had the opportunity to do so, I did.  When I couldn't no-life the game, the opportunity cost of NOT doing so was equally small. I saved a crapton of XP items over the course of 6 months by doing this.  Absent a grindable area of the game, my XP item stash and bevy of non-maxed girls are already telling the tale.

It will be interesting to see how things look once the dust settles.  I very much hope that further tweaks are coming since things are still a bit unbalanced.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, snowman22 said:

For you this can be the case. However this is certainly not the case for everyone. I`m currently working on tier 19. I lose almost as much as I win mojo etc.

If you are below level 400 the "fun" decreases significantly I presume (currently at level 134). 

So for the 8 points you provided:

1. No I like arena more than seasons. Because of rewards, and it does not widen the gap between new and veteran players. Like 2.000 a day * 30 experience. And now something like 25k for the entire month. 

2. Cant afford any boosts, also lost sometimes 10 in a row or more. 

3. Am at rank 27.897 currently.

4. Agree see point 1.

5. Dont agree see point 1.

6. Agree. Maybe you should try catching up when you are like 300 or more levels below.

7. Agree. That is an improvement

8. Agree also an improvement.  

• Like 3

Finished about a day and a half ago, a few hours before @snowman22 did, so I was also ranked 400-odd at the time. Currently there are about 900 people who have hit tier 45. I'm keeping myself around the 10k mark For Science™, sorry to those unlucky enough to draw me. (There seem to be plenty of other easy opponents available though, around the 9900 mark I had many opponents for PoA today that I could have defeated even unboosted.)

Meanwhile, my superweak alt is here at the moment:

image.png.e60fdf6b4930a691494f135b52fec595.png

Not bad for having started about 6 days late and probably averaging less than 20 kisses used per day because I keep forgetting to spend them. I'm typically winning 8 or 9 battles out of 10 on there, so I'm reasonably hopeful that I'll be reaching tier 35 before the end.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4

I just finished at 5280 on the leaderboard.

I honestly didn't think I would (only had my hopes on the girl)...but now I suspect I would have even without the few bonus kisses tho it would have been right down to the wire for me likely.

Good luck to all still going.

I finished recently. For over a week at the end I had no problem winning almost every time. I wonder if they noticed people were having problems and eased up somehow?

Once I hit level 45 I immediately started having problems, losing probably 1/3 of the time. Either the easing up stopped once I won or a lot of heavier hitters are just sitting around the finishing level and clogging it up.

3 hours ago, DocJD said:

I finished recently. For over a week at the end I had no problem winning almost every time. I wonder if they noticed people were having problems and eased up somehow?

Once I hit level 45 I immediately started having problems, losing probably 1/3 of the time. Either the easing up stopped once I won or a lot of heavier hitters are just sitting around the finishing level and clogging it up.

I'm sure it's the second one.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:42 AM, DocJD said:

Either the easing up stopped once I won or a lot of heavier hitters are just sitting around the finishing level and clogging it up.

As Kenrae said - probably the second one. I'm also one of those guys sitting on the finishing line (for over 4 days now) - but at least I'm still trying to put on my trash gear or using level-1-haremettes as often as possible to wave other players through. For whatever it's worth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:57 PM, _shal_ said:

Meanwhile, my superweak alt is here at the moment:

image.png.e60fdf6b4930a691494f135b52fec595.png

Not bad for having started about 6 days late and probably averaging less than 20 kisses used per day because I keep forgetting to spend them. I'm typically winning 8 or 9 battles out of 10 on there, so I'm reasonably hopeful that I'll be reaching tier 35 before the end.

Made it.

image.png.143def7dfdc509df3934626cc2a762fd.png

I won't bother with that account for the December season, but I'll probably experiment a bit with my main instead, specifically by letting the permaboosted leading edge move away for a few days before I start battling.

• Like 2

Things have gone better than expected but, as Jim Carey said

3pn3hk.thumb.jpg.3f70a30f386a2a76d6e88c09d5f38158.jpg

I finished the last task a couple days ago and yeah, I also stopped playing after that. I don't care about having more Mojo, specially if that means that next month I'll start fighting with stonger oponents from the let go.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eman said:

I finished the last task a couple days ago and yeah, I also stopped playing after that. I don't care about having more Mojo, specially if that means that next month I'll start fighting with stonger oponents from the let go.

I've made sure I was out of the way of other people still trying to reach tier 45.

Also, I started battling with girls I wanted to give XP and affection.

my nondocumented observation, account lvl410 and lvl440: 

opponents have usually mojo in the range 15-21.

Quite rare: 22-25

very rare: 25-27

almost nonexistent: below 15

don't remember: above 27

I kept hitting the button - once getting 150 points for contest, once getting out of the way.

And the transition part is unknown - I assume wildly it is based on the max reached tier, not on the last mojo.

Edited by windia

hace 1 hora, Kenrae dijo:

I've made sure I was out of the way of other people still trying to reach tier 45.

Also, I started battling with girls I wanted to give XP and affection.

I thought about keep fighting for the XP, but ultimately decided that one level higher or lower (I tend to use the same set of girls all the time) wouldn't make a big enough difference to hurt my chances to win neither in the Tower of Fame nor here once the new Season starts.

We'll see if I end regretting that decision or not.

3 hours ago, Eman said:

I thought about keep fighting for the XP, but ultimately decided that one level higher or lower (I tend to use the same set of girls all the time) wouldn't make a big enough difference to hurt my chances to win neither in the Tower of Fame nor here once the new Season starts.

We'll see if I end regretting that decision or not.

Since I always use my top 3 girls, they are maxxed at XP. However I kept trying for a while but in 3 days only managed to go up 2 (imaginary) levels. I really did hit a combat wall after Tier 45.