Seasons feature is live

jelom

57 minutes ago, windia said:

if someone is still looking for "how long are the opponent#s numbers preserved?", here is an example:

with 0 kisses:

image.thumb.png.a249330cff32709ffda30162bb44a4a1.png

9 hours later

image.thumb.png.a74fc959d6169f6aba094baf584ca21b.png

what you should see is that the middle player lost it's boosters in this time.

As I got a win, I assume the shown values were taken.

Thanks for posting that.

1 hour ago, windia said:

As I got a win, I assume the shown values were taken.

Yesterday I saw an unboosted player, pressed "Perform", and then proceeded to fight a boosted player (and I had my first loss).

It wasn't around a league refresh, so it's clear it's something different.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Shorty-er said:

What do you mean with Season refresh? When I stop with only 1 kiss left, and come back 10 hours later I'm still looking at the same 3 opponents. So the opponents stay but their stats are refreshed?

yup

Il y a 5 heures, Shorty-er a dit :

What do you mean with Season refresh? When I stop with only 1 kiss left, and come back 10 hours later I'm still looking at the same 3 opponents. So the opponents stay but their stats are refreshed?

I mean the refresh of opponents' characteristics in Season. 

There are no refresh of opponents' list unless you perform a fight or pay in kobans. 

Edited by Tom208

10 hours ago, Kenrae said:

One thing I miss from the arena is that you could level up your 3 main haremettes organically without much trouble. Now I'm not sure I'll be able to in the week span between levelups I currently have, we'll see.

I've just leveled them up after 2-3 days, so it seems you can still do it without much trouble.

It's great that Seasons sort of mostly works now, but I can't get past the losses in rewards vs. Arena.

The loss of the Epic orbs is making itself felt with a major delta between it and the number of Mythic and Great orbs.  That delta will only widen.  If the intent of Seasons was to narrow the gap between the juniors and the routine D3 winners, this is the wrong direction.  As one Moderator has stated, some of the routine D3 winners have cleaned out Epic Crapchinko.  We should be getting MORE of those orbs, not fewer.

We all took the same haircut on daily XP.  It's less noticeable early in a ToF cycle when you can hit with abandon and no fear of getting promoted (yes, KK, many of us still live in that world).  That haircut not only reduces leveling speed, but also the amount of headroom we gain between "Give XP to the Girls" contests.  That is affecting us all near-equally, but I dislike not being able to compete assertively.  Or, depending on timing and contest repetition, at all.  And I'd like the daily XP back.  It's so easy to fix: just add them to the contests.

The loss of the daily aff item gimmes from Arena is becoming apparent, though more slowly.  We were able to save some aff items, especially the smaller ones, by letting our mojo tank a bit once Arena was done for the day and running different sets of girls.  It was a nice way to contribute contest score too, if/when appropriate.  Steadily packing on free levels by farming Arena was a major motivator for me (I'm cheap).  We CAN still level our performance teams in Seasons, but are we really going to run a second string, given the new importance of mojo?  Even today, with a "Give XP" contest, I'm loath to get off my strongest team.  If team selection were SORTABLE, I might tinker a bit with an easier opponent, but the scrollery and where-da-fak-is-she that characterize team changes with the current interface adds asspain and removes funsies.  So, no. 

The loss of the daily aff item (or occasional combativity) bonus is easy to fix.  Just increase the frequency of free Crapchinko spins and we're pretty much over it.  Sadly, Arena was the one semi-grindable part of the game.  The low-value returns from doing so added up over time, conserved XP and Aff items for new girls, and made contests more fun.  I understand that Seasons is supposed to cure the perceived boring/static nature of Arena (personally, I think we got something just as boring and static, just with worse rewards and a longer story arc), but I'm confident that I'm not the only person who engages with a game more when there's something to grind.  So, KK, give us something silly to do that we can do a lot of, without spending $ or k, something that occasionally ties into contests, doesn't upset game balance if overindulged in, something that gives minimal but noticeable rewards.  Like... I dunno... I remember about a week ago, we had something called Arena. 😉     

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoggyShorts said:

It's great that Seasons sort of mostly works now, but I can't get past the losses in rewards vs. Arena.

The loss of the Epic orbs is making itself felt with a major delta between it and the number of Mythic and Great orbs. 

There were no Epic pachinko orbs to be won in the arena.

• Like 1

I have twice today been matched with players more than 40 levels from me.  Wondering if something changed in latest patch but it speaks (vaguely) of making things easier for lowbies so I hope not to that end.

Tangentially, was mulling if we might see kisses as rewards at some point (given the "15" gift).

That made me wonder about a system where you could get rerolls as rewards.  It seems this could benefit almost everyone at some point or another.  Downside (for company) would be something less to spend Kobans on.  But it seems most other feature has that as rewards now, e.g. Pachinko...so it'd be a matter of implementing (and setting the reward to be granted somewhere).

Edited by jpanda
clarify

1 hour ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

Running into more people closer to my level but now a new issue has cropped up, miminal mojo gains.

My recent mojo gains were still between 14 and 25, I think (level 353, slightly less mojo than you). So I haven't noticed any change there. Hopefully this isn't just another bug.

For a new player this feature is no fun at all. Still at level 1 mojo with 1062 mojo. Because a lot of battles are impossible to win I keep losing a lot of mojo. 

I see some top players are at level 20 and above. 

If this is intended then ok it is what it is.

If this is not intended then how about an improvement. 

Cant we do arena instead as a choice?

Edited by Gerard Cocks
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 hours ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

Running into more people closer to my level but now a new issue has cropped up, miminal mojo gains. I will say this is a better "problem" to have than mismatched instant losses so the devs are getting closer to balancing Seasons. 

630834731_NewandInterestingProblem.thumb.png.b69aecd7d033f7d90a404f088e6fe466.png

I'm pretty sure what's happening to you is that you're far ahead from other players at your level, so all of them give a low mojo number. It's either that or be paired with high level players you can't win against.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gerard Cocks said:

For a new player this feature is no fun at all. Still at level 1 mojo with 1062 mojo. Because a lot of battles are impossible to win I keep losing a lot of mojo. 

I see some top players are at level 20 and above. 

If this is intended then ok it is what it is.

If this is not intended then how about an improvement. 

Cant we do arena instead as a choice?

So today I received 28 kisses (WTF, as if that would help). 28 fights later mojo is down to 1018. 

What is the point of giving low level players extra kisses....

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, DocJD said:

Keeping track today. Opponents have ranged from +28 levels to -31 levels.

somewhere other players posted some screens with a higher difference, but I cant find them; I found one today with -54 levels - I gladly welcomed the 20 mojo points

image.png.84b40bfe9bfe2c08c116e9bba431bda6.png

• Thanks 1

hm, k, mismanaged the observation thread with the mechanics:

I had today an opponent of -60 -62 levels. (first pic was with -60, got -62 afterwards)

My observed range of "how much mojo to gain" is now from 8 till 27.

image.thumb.png.5b74dd98df4c5c3756bfb4f76f4e971d.png

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

Hmm, our different experiences are a little bit confusing. I still haven't noticed opponents outside the range of +/-40 levels or any mojo gains below 14 points. And it seems that I could even reach the highest tier a few days early. Not competing at all for almost 2 days and not boosting most of the time obviously didn't hurt my progress. So far so good.

If we could buy the season pass with koban there wouldn't be much to complain anymore. At least for someone as easy to please as me.

1 hour ago, Moonlynx said:

Hmm, our different experiences are a little bit confusing. I still haven't noticed opponents outside the range of +/-40 levels or any mojo gains below 14 points. And it seems that I could even reach the highest tier a few days early. Not competing at all for almost 2 days and not boosting most of the time obviously didn't hurt my progress. So far so good.

Given how an ELO-like system works, going slow the first days doesn't hurt you at all. You get easier opponents the rest of the month that give you more mojo, since you're behind. At least until you "recover" your score.

Edited by Kenrae

On 11/8/2020 at 12:05 PM, Tom208 said:

Season refresh is 4 hours. It was confirmed by Kinkoid on Discord.

Edit : the season refresh is about the opponents' characteristics, not the opponents' list

not that I was doubting your answer or even KK, but i checked it out, and after 4 tries, it seems to be the old leaderboard update cycle, so league start -1h, then every 4 hours.

edit: 4 tries arent really that much, but there are probably some people who can already confirm it or maybe are even happy to test it and back this up with some more reliable data

Edited by blaa