Seasons feature is live

jelom

18 minutes ago, Bertolski said:

The seasons turned out to be a joke. I claimed the 10th award that is supposed to give 10% of the girl but I did not get it.

You can see I claimed it and you can see in my harem that I did not get 10% of it.

No, it doesn't suppose to give 10 Girl Shards. That 10 means "Tier 10" and the reward is an Avatar.

EDIT: You'll get 50 girl shards on Tier 20 and another 50 shards on Tier 35

Edited by JAVhero
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, stalker696 said:

I'm sorry but is this some kind of joke?!

itsfffffffjoke.png

Basically, I would say no. I don't know if it is because your girls are not maxed or you choose a different pose, but his girls are evidently all maxed up, and he has three legendaries, while you have two basics as beta and omega, although yours are 5-star. Moreover, he is 16 levels above you, and we don't know if any booster effect is in place, and which equipment he has on. Regarding the mojo gains, remember that it seems that lower level players (especially under level 250 or so, I would say more or less) despite the latest improvement still find very different players (mojo progress-wise). In your screenshot the second and third player probably have a mojo value so low compared to yours that the reward is minimal (given the 25% limit, they are probably a little above 3350 mojo).

2 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Basically, I would say no. I don't know if it is because your girls are not maxed or you choose a different pose, but his girls are evidently all maxed up, and he has three legendaries, while you have two basics as beta and omega, although yours are 5-star. Moreover, he is 16 levels above you, and we don't know if any booster effect is in place, and which equipment he has on. Regarding the mojo gains, remember that it seems that lower level players (especially under level 250 or so, I would say more or less) despite the latest improvement still find very different players (mojo progress-wise). In your screenshot the second and third player probably have a mojo value so low compared to yours that the reward is minimal (given the 25% limit, they are probably a little above 3350 mojo).

Oh, oops. I'm sorry, I should have given an explanation of what I labeled in orange. My mistake. 😅
No, I am not surprised by the characteristics of this player, I quite know why his characteristics are higher than mine and I do not have any claims about this.
I labeled this as an indication that I EXACTLY can't beat this player and it is for the victory over him that get 27 mojo, at a time when two players that I can beat will give me only a pittance, which I considered as some kind of cruel joke.
Simply put, it looks like:
> can't win - normal amount of mojo
> can win - terribly small amount of mojo

Edited by Slynia
Mod edit: Changed quote into its original language.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DocJD said:

It takes a total of 10,000 mojo to complete Seasons. Has anyone noticed those at the top of the Leaderboard have kept going? I guess the system allows it, but to what purpose?

We don't know how the soft-reset of mojo will work at the end of the month, and they are going for as much mojo as they can to try to start in as high tier as possible the new season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jelom said:

We don't know how the soft-reset of mojo will work at the end of the month, and they are going for as much mojo as they can to try to start in as high tier as possible the new season.

And it's better for the rest that they keep going, so I root for them :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, jelom said:

Seems like a waste of effort to me if so, considering the additional points they'll receive for next month (if any at all) are surely equivalent to fewer battles saved than they're doing this time.

Il y a 9 heures, blaa a dit :

not that I was doubting your answer or even KK, but i checked it out, and after 4 tries, it seems to be the old leaderboard update cycle, so league start -1h, then every 4 hours.

edit: 4 tries arent really that much, but there are probably some people who can already confirm it or maybe are even happy to test it and back this up with some more reliable data

My answer was based on what Kinkoid said on Discord. 

But I had once a club mate as opponent he had his boosters off around 1:30 and the refresh of his stats was only at 6:00.

So I think the update in Season is based on a 6 hours cycle as in the leagues.

11 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Seems like a waste of effort to me if so, considering the additional points they'll receive for next month (if any at all) are surely equivalent to fewer battles saved than they're doing this time.

Yes, a waste of Kobans (more than effort), but as you said earlier the leaderboard page is an ego contest, so let them go ahead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelom said:

Yes, a waste of Kobans (more than effort), but as you said earlier the leaderboard page is an ego contest, so let them go ahead.

Well, a waste of kobans previously (sunk costs and all), but a waste of effort now. I'll probably stop battling altogether at around 10,500 mojo (maybe even a couple hundred points earlier), just enough to get out of the way of other players still trying to get to 10k.

It does appear that the rushers are no longer spending kobans on extra kisses now that they're at 10k. xD I guess they'll pick up again during the last couple of days.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:10 AM, windia said:

hm, k, mismanaged the observation thread with the mechanics:

I had today an opponent of -60 -62 levels. (first pic was with -60, got -62 afterwards)

My observed range of "how much mojo to gain" is now from 8 till 27.

image.thumb.png.5b74dd98df4c5c3756bfb4f76f4e971d.png

well, just to top you, one opponent with -63 levels :D

image.thumb.png.1e7250144b09aad11aba15508caf89ab.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tom208 said:

My answer was based on what Kinkoid said on Discord. 

But I had once a club mate as opponent he had his boosters off around 1:30 and the refresh of his stats was only at 6:00.

So I think the update in Season is based on a 6 hours cycle as in the leagues.

I see, my only observed changes happend on 12am/pm (UTC+1), so could also be the 6 hour cycle I suggested before your KK quote. Since you said it was offically confirmed, i havent doubted it anymore. Anyways, today I havent had a change at 8am or 4 pm (utc+1), so that's at least not a confirmation for a 4 hour cycle; let's see what happens 6pm.

2 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

It could be that some of them wan to win a PvP contest with the kisses. Sometimes I wonder how much some guys invest to win a contest.

At the high levels where all the rushers are, there isn't any contest that makes sense to try to win through PvP points.

And a self-reply:

5 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I'll probably stop battling altogether at around 10,500 mojo (maybe even a couple hundred points earlier), just enough to get out of the way of other players still trying to get to 10k.

I remembered now that Path of Attraction may require me to do Seasons battles after that anyway, since I'll certainly be at 10k before at least some of the PoA PvP tasks. Oh well. A point to keep in mind for next month, perhaps.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, blaa said:

I see, my only observed changes happend on 12am/pm (UTC+1), so could also be the 6 hour cycle I suggested before your KK quote. Since you said it was offically confirmed, i havent doubted it anymore. Anyways, today I havent had a change at 8am or 4 pm (utc+1), so that's at least not a confirmation for a 4 hour cycle; let's see what happens 6pm.

I've seen a refresh outside the 6 hour cycle of leagues. I'm sure of it because I lost a battle because of it (opponent was unboosted and when I went to fight him he was boosted). I don't remember the exact hour though.
It could be that they've changed it, you never know.

I'm unsure of whether I had an utter brain fart or if the scroll bar for the tier rewards didn't exist during the first 2 days (the former is likely), but now that I've been living with Seasons for a bit, it's kind of engaging.  With the tweaks already implemented (and now that I have seen the entire reward structure), it slides at least into the same postal code with "reward for asspain."

However, I think that the complaints posed by many of the more vocal players still stand, and are ratified by Gerard's comments (upthread, on p. 8).  Even with the tweaks, Seasons fails to "level the field," which was one of its objectives.  Lower level players cannot advance, perhaps because of the mechanics or their interpretation of the mechanics.  "Junior mid-levels" such as myself (247) have a fighting chance of finishing, but it's likely to be costly and depends a great deal on managing one's pace.  At this level, we're likely to encounter very large spreads in character development.  Top level players are already done.  It's simple math: the higher your level, the less you tend to be affected by the level spread, so the mechanics naturally bias in favor of end game players... as demonstrated by the leaderboard.

Perhaps the level spread could be tweaked further so that lower-level players (say, 1-150) see up to 40 down-level matchups but only 10 up-level.  This would provide some guard rails.  The next level set, say 151-300, would see up to 20 down-level and 10 up-level.  Tighter range, more challenge given spreads in character development, but still good odds of getting winnable matchups.  301-400 might see 10 down, 10 up.  By then, players are mostly done maxing their harems and stats, so a tight range would reflect the relatively minor character development differences.  Finally, >400 would see same level or higher.  I'm not married to the setpoints or spreads, just pitching the idea.    

• Like 3

For myself I seem at least to have fixed some of the issues I was experiencing. 

I upgraded my gear to rainbow gear by using pachinko orbs, and suddenly I was able to win some fights. 

Currently at level 14 in seasons. Which at least is something. I mismanaged a lot at the start (which in retrospect was an obvious misconcept of the PVP mechanics by me) and also was demotivated because of the strange pairings at the start of seasons (which they quickly fixed). In leaderboard at rank 28191.  

I am getting more and more mad about the seasons (I play on nutaku)

I bought the bundle with the 10 epic bundle and the 60 kisses, and right after I reached the next tier I kept loosing - in almost half of the time I could "choose" between three players that were much stronger than me and when it seems there's a chance to win I lost - loosing ca 1/3 more MoJo that I would have won.

After the 60 kisses were gone my Mojo was worse than before

so my conclusion is:  DON'T PAY FOR KISSES ... 🤬

• Sad 3

18 hours ago, Nardina said:

I am getting more and more mad about the seasons (I play on nutaku)

I bought the bundle with the 10 epic bundle and the 60 kisses, and right after I reached the next tier I kept loosing - in almost half of the time I could "choose" between three players that were much stronger than me and when it seems there's a chance to win I lost - loosing ca 1/3 more MoJo that I would have won.

After the 60 kisses were gone my Mojo was worse than before

so my conclusion is:  DON'T PAY FOR KISSES ... 🤬

Unfortunately, yeah.  Kinkoid messed up their tier system.  Literally EVERYONE across all servers are 100% dependent on the highest leveled people in the game.  If they can't get to tier 45 well before the month is over, they incidentally make a glass ceiling no one below them can surpass.  I know this because I'm right below the highest leveled players @lv 392.  So, I have the displeasure of getting murdered the moment I use boosters and go into their levels.  I am literally discouraged from using boosters any of the time because the moment they wear off, I'm in for a world of pain with losses at every single draw for like 7 draws back to back.

As it stands I have zero idea how anyone below my level is supposed to get to tier 45.  As is, I'm working on tier 34 with 10 full days left on the clock.  Statistically I'm screwed and will have to use a bit of kobans to get kisses at the very end of it to bump up to tier 45.  Honestly, I'm not happy with this entire seasons thing the way they ran it.  Its too stupid to use mojo and should have just stuck to wins as in the arena.  No one Honestly tracked mojo before, why in the heck should we now? 

TL;DR: Trickle down doesn't work.  Only top tier players are going to "win" at seasons.

• Thinking 1

Statistically you have reached 34 tiers in 19 days - so you wil get easily in the next 10 days 17 tiers what means you could reach tier 51. Or in Mojo: You have reached 7600 Mojo in 19 days and started with 1000 Mojo. So you gain more than 6600 Mojo. In Ten days you could reach more than 3300 Mojo.

Oh and im on Level 390 and reached 7807 Mojo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At lv 250, I've managed to clear tier 36, but only just barely and only with boosters.  At my level, I cannot compete in ToF at a high enough level to pay for boosters in a sustainable way (that's the higher-level "end game" paradigm, as I understand things).  Yes, there are koban rewards in Seasons, but I would prefer to use those to move myself ahead in the game, rather than to create a self-licking ice cream cone in which I use Seasons rewards to obtain another tier or two of Seasons rewards. 

I'll keep hooking and jabbing, but that glass ceiling is definitely making itself felt.  Again, I think that rearranging the level brackets might go a long way toward making things equitable for everyone.  As things are, I won't push too hard.  If the intent of Seasons really was to make things more equitable, then I'll see what happens as the feature evolves.  For now, I've made reasonable progress and feel almost reasonably rewarded for the asspain.  I just have to ignore the fact that apparently, this is supposed to be finishable by all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

Statistically you have reached 34 tiers in 19 days - so you wil get easily in the next 10 days 17 tiers what means you could reach tier 51. Or in Mojo: You have reached 7600 Mojo in 19 days and started with 1000 Mojo. So you gain more than 6600 Mojo. In Ten days you could reach more than 3300 Mojo.

Oh and im on Level 390 and reached 7807 Mojo.

We began at 1100 mojo and were given 20~ kisses at most realistically because not everyone would have claimed it immediately.  Remove those numbers from your 10,000 math and you'll be closer to tier 43/44.

Oh, and good luck.

• Thinking 1

33 minutes ago, Kukacka said:

if there will be a PoA at the end of the month, and I am finished with the Seasons, can I fight for no reward like in the arena before just to collect wins? Or I should leave some room for the fights?

You can until you have faced against all opponents in the season, afterwards you won't be able to participate anymore.

• Thinking 1