• .Kiara. Meh
    • \_____/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Harmony. Meh
    • \_________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Grace. Meh
    • \______/ Yucky

There's a fair bit of darker skinned characters in the game actually. Claryss Thomasdaughter (Captain America inspired), Salem, Keeka Meisun, Asha Faraji, Petal Wynd, Mary Joelson, Rabbi Carrott, Kelina Keino, Fukai, Berry, Akama, and that's just the ones i have.

If i'm misinterpreting the type it's possible, i'm not that knowledgeable on the specifics, but they should be there.

5 hours ago, Makinen said:

Yeah, i'm trying to keep my level low so i never really used the Tower. Setting certain challenges for myself helps me to enjoy the game more, and in the end, that's what playing a game is all about. I do that in other games too, rushing to max level is... just not my thing i suppose. Same with spending money: I enjoy seeing how far i can get on f2p, so i never spend kobans on anything (save the occasional 1,200 koban bonus rewards unlock until this PoA), so in my case it's more about being efficient while cashing in rewards because i don't buy refiills. That's just... how i play, and the Tower is simply set up to fulfill goals opposite to that. I never said the Tower was bad after all, just that i disliked using it as an opinion.

As for the bias, i didn't mention having the bias because i felt it was not relevant to the discussion. The discussion was "This was possible in the Arena, and now with Seasons, i'm no longer able to get by on that alone." Then you brought the Tower into it, and i included it in the calculations to get the full picture, but, like you pointed out, i misremembered the regen timer on Tower hits since it's been a long time since the last time i actually used it and mistakenly assumed it was one hour also. That's basically what happened on my end there.

Okay, so you're intentionally playing badly by Kinkoid's expectation to enhance your personal experience. This is a perfectly valid thing to do. What is not valid to do is then complain that the game's changes don't cater to your playstyle. Your playstyle isn't what they expect to happen, and in fact is almost contradictory to what they want (since you're more likely to spend the more parts of the game you engage with), so of course they'd make changes that would direct people to engage with all parts of it.

Your bias is absolutely relevant, because the only reason you care about whether it could be done entirely with Seasons is if you were trying to do it entirely with Seasons, which no competent player should be doing.

• Like 1

Some good girls this time around. I'm really considering bonus rewards.

Increased time requirements for pvp, are fortunatelly counterbalanced by season rewards.

I'm guessing new player experience was made worse by season+poa combination.

15 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Okay, so you're intentionally playing badly by Kinkoid's expectation to enhance your personal experience. This is a perfectly valid thing to do. What is not valid to do is then complain that the game's changes don't cater to your playstyle. Your playstyle isn't what they expect to happen, and in fact is almost contradictory to what they want (since you're more likely to spend the more parts of the game you engage with), so of course they'd make changes that would direct people to engage with all parts of it.

Your bias is absolutely relevant, because the only reason you care about whether it could be done entirely with Seasons is if you were trying to do it entirely with Seasons, which no competent player should be doing.

There are couple of problematic parts with that.

While I agree that giving analysis from unusual playstyle is of questionable value, but such feedback still makes a valid datapoint.

A) Complaining is feedback. There's nothing wrong in giving it no matter the perspective.

B) You know.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Complaining is feedback. There's nothing wrong in giving it no matter the perspective.

I personally disagree, as bad feedback is worse than no feedback at all to me. However surely you can understand someone providing feedback from a bad perspective and not giving any context to that perspective is in no way helpful feedback right?

As for B, it's linked to the "no competent player will struggle". If you do things badly, sure results may be less positive. They don't have to do leagues all the time, but if you ignore a way to progress on a task and then complain that you cannot complete the task, you're incompetent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Correction: I don't complain that the game doesn't cater to my specific playstyle. What i DO complain about is that an ability i had to play the game according to my playstyle has been replaced by a variation that does not allow it, which i would like to see corrected, so i am discussing it in a single discussion topic in the discussion section of the forums rather than, say, plaster it all over the place like i'm running an election.

Now if i'm doing something wrong, then by all means, but from my perspective i'm doing exactly what this specific thread in this specific subforum is for.

So no. My bias is not relevant to the discussion, because there is no bias. The Tower is good at what it does (provide heaps of XPs), it just doesn't happen to be the same thing i'm going for. This is quite evident in my posts because nowhere am i blasting the Tower, aside from odd mention that i personally dislike being forced to use it in order to compete for an event i previously had no problems with. I disliked using it during the Arena days, i disliked it just as much during Seasons days, so what exactly has changed, for this to suddenly become a factor?

If anything, you would be considered more biased than i on this matter, given your consistent hammering in a majority of your posts on that the way i choose to play the game (by not leveling) is oh-so-incompetent in the eyes of both you and our Glorious Kinkoid Overlords, and any and all feedback leaning towards the contrary is obviously bad and should be purged before such petty notions take root. That, dear George, is what bias is.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Makinen said:

Correction: I don't complain that the game doesn't cater to my specific playstyle. What i DO complain about is that an ability i had to play the game according to my playstyle has been replaced by a variation that does not allow it, which i would like to see corrected, so i am discussing it in a single discussion topic in the discussion section of the forums rather than, say, plaster it all over the place like i'm running an election. 

45 minutes ago, Makinen said:

So no. My bias is not relevant to the discussion, because there is no bias. The Tower is good at what it does (provide heaps of XPs), it just doesn't happen to be the same thing i'm going for. This is quite evident in my posts because nowhere am i blasting the Tower, aside from odd mention that i personally dislike being forced to use it in order to compete for an event i previously had no problems with. I disliked using it during the Arena days, i disliked it just as much during Seasons days, so what exactly has changed, for this to suddenly become a factor? 

You were complaining about not being able to finish the event because you don't compete in Tower. That's how your posts sound. Competing in Tower is a part of PoA. It's no difference from defeating villains or fighting champions. If you really want to complete an event, you have to adapt. I had trouble finishing the first two PoA. As I've learned to manage my resource better, It is getting easier and easier. Nowadays, I finish it on the 4th day. I'm expecting to do the same for this PoA.

Season is not perfect but it is still better than Arena in multiple aspects. It gives much better rewards. Most importantly, I don't have to glue to the screen every 30 minutes. I can check the games 3 times a day and do 24 battles. We do have life outside the game.

Edited by Methos2
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Makinen said:

There's a fair bit of darker skinned characters in the game actually. Claryss Thomasdaughter (Captain America inspired), Salem, Keeka Meisun, Asha Faraji, Petal Wynd, Mary Joelson, Rabbi Carrott, Kelina Keino, Fukai, Berry, Akama, and that's just the ones i have.

If i'm misinterpreting the type it's possible, i'm not that knowledgeable on the specifics, but they should be there.

South Asian are not darker like people from region of equatorial heat/UV. We are all shades of brown from a humid and windy region too.

I don't like the PvP system now, just before I could do 6 arena fights in an hour and now only 1 PvP, so PvP quests are just much much harder, reducing the amount by 20% -30% of required PvP fights in the quest does not compensate 6 times decrease in the number of fights.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod Edit: Don't yell or use annoying fonts and stuff

Could people stop saying that 6 times decrease in the number of PvP fights mantra? That's simply not true when you take leagues into account.

If you have two sources of PvP fights which give X and Y fights, reducing Y 6 times doesn't mean you're reducing X + Y 6 times. Just imagine league gave 1000 fights while arena gave 6 fights, you'd move from 1006 to 1001. It's very basic maths.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 4

And don't forget

a) you can storage more kisses than you had trys on Arena so you start in the task with 10 trys against the three of Arena so you can win the first and the second PvP Tasks with the storaged League Tokens and Kisses.

b) Now you have to win 15/25/35/35 so that they cutted the later tasks and the high amount of wins what the storaged trys made more important.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Many people do pay those prices. We see plenty of those kind of whales in this game. Just because you aren't paying it doesn't mean others aren't. Kinkoid decided that's what they'll sell them for,  and some people pay that price. Others only do it during discounts. Others do it not at all. But this kind of crappy argument is really not welcome here, so improve your criticism or don't provide them in the discussion thread.

Maybe for a start you won't be rude to people and offend them? Give boorish advice and try to shut up others if you don't like something? Decrease your ego, maybe then at least someone will start to take your arguments seriously, but in the meantime they all look nothing more than an empty senseless brazen dog barking because of an imaginary threat to its owner, which makes no sense to pay attention to.

15 hours ago, jelom said:

The main point is that when Kinkoid gives an initial value they are not lying, as that is approximately the in-game cost for all those items. There is people that paid that cost for energy,  combativity or orbs before, so the value (not the cost) could be zero for you but not for everybody.

Did I really say something about a lie or deception? But the fact that this technique is from the arsenal of marketing manipulations is quite obvious. All these sudden discounts and sales, one-day deals, two products for the price of one ... and so on. Some of the most primitive psychological tricks of salespeople, described in marketing manuals for beginners, but at the same time one of the most effective, if, of course, you know how to use them correctly, and not act like a robot from a script according to a textbook.
The main gameplay in this game is resource management. Premium currency is the most valuable and limited resource for the overwhelming majority of players, and the ability to spend it wisely and in the right place is the basis of successful gameplay, which all players own because there is nothing difficult about it. And when, in calculating the benefits, we are offered to take into account the most ineffective ways to spend it, bewilderment arises and a logical question - "do they really think we are so stupid?" However, looking at the same button for Notaku servers, where even the amount was not changed, you clearly understand - these are people who did it just did not play the game, they are completely unaware of how everything works here, everything that they have a price plate in spreadsheets and a book "management for dummies" and from this such epic failures are born.
What is interesting is that "advertising" in the path of attraction, especially such a miserable one like this, is absolutely unnecessary in essence. Everyone understands perfectly well that this offer is very profitable, one of the best, if not the best way to spend gold in the game. But what would really be clever, next to the button for buying a paid path, give a link to a special bundle where you can buy just 7200 kobans and other bonuses. (there is one in the game, I checked) That would be, in my opinion, much more appropriate in this case in every sense.

• Like 11
  • Thinking 1

@Lemus Yes, you are right, it is a cheap marketing trick, and I don't like it either and it was not necessary, but the marketing department has to justify his salary, so things like that are inevitable, and you see them in every store all over the world. Take it easy and don't be so mad about it.

1 hour ago, Lemus said:

Premium currency is the most valuable and limited resource for the overwhelming majority of players, and the ability to spend it wisely and in the right place is the basis of successful gameplay, which all players own because there is nothing difficult about it. And when, in calculating the benefits, we are offered to take into account the most ineffective ways to spend it, bewilderment arises and a logical question - "do they really think we are so stupid?"

At risk of being considered spam by George as I have just posted it in another thread i will write it again here

Fundamental laws of stupidity (Carlo M. Cipolla):

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
  2. ...

P.S. Of course, I don't consider you stupid, but the one underestimating how stupid can the people be.

Edited by jelom
  • Haha 4
  • Thinking 1

Play nice, guys. Let's cut it right there with the personal attacks and stop the unbelievably naive and useless circle jerk about the minuscule detail of the marketing trick we're all used to seeing everywhere now also being applied to PoA. This is so unimportant either way, you're really derailing the thread with this shit.

I won't edit @Lemus' post to remove the ridiculously aggressive rant in it, because he rightly got a temporary ban for it already, and the second part of his post is a decent read. But I would really advise you to rethink your own attitude when you come back, dude. You've thrown this type of tantrums before, and it is not okay at all. Well-written in a way, and I'm sure you're proud of your puns and imaginative ways of insulting people, but at its core it's still you insulting people. So enough of that.

Now, please do talk about the actual topic of this thread, folks. It's about the PoA, not about marketing. Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Methos2 said:

You were complaining about not being able to finish the event because you don't compete in Tower. That's how your posts sound. Competing in Tower is a part of PoA. It's no difference from defeating villains or fighting champions. If you really want to complete an event, you have to adapt. I had trouble finishing the first two PoA. As I've learned to manage my resource better, It is getting easier and easier. Nowadays, I finish it on the 4th day. I'm expecting to do the same for this PoA.

Season is not perfect but it is still better than Arena in multiple aspects. It gives much better rewards. Most importantly, I don't have to glue to the screen every 30 minutes. I can check the games 3 times a day and do 24 battles. We do have life outside the game.

That is correct.

I previously was able to complete PoA without relying on the Tower, now i do not. This is a noticeable change, and one i disagree with, so i went to the forums to communicate my disagreement in hopes of being seen by Kinkoid staff. They can either make some changes to reallow this type of tactic again, which is fine, or they could decide not to, which is also fine: As i said, this is their IP, not mine. I will still continue to play the game, PoA is but one event among many so while i would prefer to compete in it, it is not something i would throw a fit over.

And yes, if you decide to play the game without using the Champions, that is your decision. If you want to play without hitting any of the villains beyond the bare minimum, that is also your decision. I could honestly not think of anything more boring than a game where everyone plays the exact same way, so if you want to experiment, by all means! But yeah, sometimes changes end up coming in your favor, other times, they do not. C'est la vie.

That said, aside from some minor problems (losing points on a loss, the already fixed issue with opponents many times your level) Seasons is a good thing, the rewards are indeed better and they tried making the Arena into a more interesting mechanic. There are still some other minor issues as well, but nothing a little finetuning wouldn't be able to fix, and if the recent survey was any indication they're already working on that too. I don't really see a reason why the Arena and Seasons couldn't coexist alongside one another in some form or another and keep both groups happy, but that, again, is my personal opinion on the matter.

• Like 5

@DvDivXXX sorry if you thought I was trying to insult someone, and specially not Lemus. You can send me a message in my forum profile if you think I have done something wrong.

I agree with you in that discussing about that minuscule change in the title of the button has gone a bit too far, but I have tried to keep it civil, the reference to Cipolla laws was only trying to say that what we think as logical is not what all people will do.

End of the issue for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to talk only about PoA from now on.

I have advanced fast into the tasks, so I will finish tomorrow. I find adecuate the reduction in the PvP tasks.

Well, it is a rare time when I said i didn't liked a girl, so this time my opinion is that the girls are OK, judging from the first pose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelom said:

@DvDivXXX sorry if you thought I was trying to insult someone, and specially not Lemus. You can send me a message in my forum profile if you think I have done something wrong.

Nah, we're good. If anything, my problem with your participation in the mess I meant to stop was that you were enabling Lemus, there (you weren't the only one either, my message was for everyone involved in this sterile side "debate"). I don't post on profile pages, you must have me confused with... someone else. ^^

In any case, when the wannabe rebel crowd gives me their wannabe edgy seal of disapproval in WTF smiley form on a post I make with my mod hat on, I know I'm doing it right. 🤠  Case closed for me as well, unless someone else wants to make my day and try my patience further, here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please continue, guys (with the on-topic, civil discussion, I mean).

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3

I dislike this PoA's girls. The execution is subpar - a lot of repeating poses with little iteration and no improvement.

The removal of arena is also noticable in a negative way. The pvp requirement adjustment isn't enough to compensate for it's loss.

Starting with 65 saved up combativity and available Tower of Fake allowed me to breeze through the fist part of the event till task 10.

The second part seems impossible to complete as i'll be tanking in Tower of Fame after the reset. Combined with the number of boss fights required on the 14th task, the 20nd looks impossible to complete - timewise. There's simply not enough time for both tasks without spending kobans on refills.

The "discount" banner was a minor annoyance that didn't affect me greatly, but it did leave a bad taste.

A standart PoA experience so far. Nothing to look forward to.

• Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

My own feedback, so far.

In terms of gameplay, rewards and value, it's still the best event by far in my book (except for OD during my first year). Even though, yes, there's a new bottleneck in the PVP tasks due to the move from Arena to Seasons, but we also got basically rid of all previous bottlenecks by now, (tickets, items to sell, energy tasks, PVE wins etc.), thanks to both PoP and Seasons. And the new bottleneck isn't a big issue in and of itself. It depends a bit more on how close to a League reset the event starts, but that's still okay. In this case, tomorrow will bring all the PVP win potential anyone should need to complete all these tasks, if they're a bit short right now (as I am).

I won't vote for the girls until I get and upgrade the last two ones, but so far I'm very pleased with the art, theme and design of this particular PoA.

I've already collected and upgraded the first two girls and I like them both quite a bit: their design, their poses and their affection scenes are all quite good. On top of that, in a very tame way, they're showing subtle signs of a potential will to experiment again a little bit beyond the boring mainstream porn comfort zone, which makes me hopeful for a renewal of niche and fetish variety in the near future. I'm all for that (even if/when it includes kinks I don't happen to share, the more the merrier and while vanilla won't make anyone sick, it won't make many people jump around out of sheer excitement either).

Kiara and Harmony were almost certainly done by the same artist, whose work is quite competent and interesting, while two other artists were definitely in charge of Jennifer and Grace, respectively. That's at least 3 different artists involved in a 4-girl event, and yet this is pretty consistent as a whole. This is a far cry from how out of control the art direction used to be not too long ago, and I'm very glad to see that (this also goes for most of the new girls over the past couple of months or so, by the way).

I think Jennifer was handled by the person who gave us great girls like Sandra or Jing Wei, among others. I know their style isn't everyone's cup of tea (some have complained about their trademark eyes in the past, and yours truly about the lack of nails on fingers and toes on occasion), but I really dig it overall, and I also think they've been improving over time. And I'm almost sure that Grace was just done by Ben K.

I really wish there were more information available to identify the various talents at work in this game, so less sleuthing was required to even give someone recognition. It's understandable that they don't sign their drawings, it would be a bit out of place, but we could have a database of sorts giving each individual artist credit for their work (and fans of this or that artist the opportunity to check their other pieces more easily). Only one of them even had the honor of getting a proper nickname for their work in this game. I'd love for this courtesy to be granted to others as well. Food for thought.

• Like 4

il y a 19 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

My own feedback, so far.

In terms of gameplay, rewards and value, it's still the best event by far in my book (except for OD during my first year). Even though, yes, there's a new bottleneck in the PVP tasks due to the move from Arena to Seasons, but we also got basically rid of all previous bottlenecks by now, (tickets, items to sell, energy tasks, PVE wins etc.), thanks to both PoP and Seasons. And the new bottleneck isn't a big issue in and of itself. It depends a bit more on how close to a League reset the event starts, but that's still okay. In this case, tomorrow will bring all the PVP win potential anyone should need to complete all these tasks, if they're a bit short right now (as I am).

I totally agree with that, Path Of Attraction is the best event in terms of gameplay. Of course that doesn't mean every event must be a Path Of Attraction one, because the other side of this great gameplay is that it takes far much more time and resilience ^^

il y a 20 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

On top of that, in a very tame way, they're showing subtle signs of a potential will to experiment again a little bit beyond the boring mainstream porn comfort zone, which makes me hopeful for a renewal of niche and fetish variety in the near future. I'm all for that

I have not unlocked the girls yet, but how happy I am to read that ! If it's a little experimenting, that's wonderful ! I also hope Kinkoid will develop some uncommon fetishes, and even explore some new fetishes, in the near future. I'm totally okay with cum-covered girls and domination, but if we could have some other stuff that would be great !

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jelom said:

🤣 🤣🤣 If you wrote this on purpose you are a genius. B|

Well you got me there, i even considered adding other iterations like Fail, Lame and e.t.c, but decided 1 was enoug to show my emotions about the "addition" that became mandatory :D

• Slynia unpinned this topic
  • Noacc unfeatured this topic