Leagues changes and New Rewards

holymolly

Was first in Sexpert II this week and recieved the new adjusted rewards, so I got less kobans then usual and stairway tokens, but no shards for Dolly. Feeling a little screwed, should have either been the old rewards for the last week or the full new one, imo.

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

However, you still need to be able to play in S2 to actually get her.

This is absolutely possible. I've got a new player in my club who went up from W1 to S2 in four weeks without a problem. If league girls would have been already a thing a month ago, he would have collected 73 shards until now (with no first places). Two Top45s in S2 would then be enough to get the girl. Sounds okay to me.

Sure, we gotta see if the competition will be harder now that there's an additional incentive even in the lower leagues. But I don't think this will be much of an issue for serious players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spinnie said:

Was first in Sexpert II this week and recieved the new adjusted rewards, so I got less kobans then usual and stairway tokens, but no shards for Dolly. Feeling a little screwed, should have either been the old rewards for the last week or the full new one, imo.

I'd write to support about that.

What is this joke?

image.png.9a7a00ffe7c7186d93154050550a8999.png

Delayed a bit getting the rewards and got the new ones instead?

And to add salt to injury without the girl shards 🤬

If I weren't happy for events in real life I would be really furious this time.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I thought ToF rewards where changing next week...hasn't been the first time changes have happened, but what I can't excuse is the shards that I should have got for winning first in D2. Feels like a double middle finger since I'm missing the old rewards and new ones.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jelom said:

What is this joke?

image.png.9a7a00ffe7c7186d93154050550a8999.png

And to add salt to injury without the girl shards 🤬

If I weren't happy for events in real life I would be really furious this time.

I'd contact support for the girl shards at least.

5 hours ago, Moonlynx said:

Looks like Dolly is available for everyone now. Even in the lowest league. That's a surprise, but I definitely like it!

Still have some problems with the announced ''exclusivity'' of league reward girls, but I don't think that they will be as exclusive as KK is claiming (that's probably just the usual marketing trick).

So - great last minute change. Thumbs up.

Well yes it is a great last minute change, though the reasoning behind is, is weird (as it should have been logical to make it somewhat obtainable for low level players as well). 

However the statement is not entirely true. Some players like me have to demote first from D3 to get a chance to obtain the girl. The recent changes seem to be in favour of the older accounts (high level players). If you are a bit over your head it is hard to finish between 46 - 60 in D3. And that times 6, equals only 90 shards, so demotion time for me once again....

Actually this might be also a good balancing strategy. To force the lower level players out of D3, and back where they belong! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelom said:

3 hours ago, Kenrae said:

I'd contact support for the girl shards at least.

Yes and yes (no guarantees, but a ticket is my advice as well).

What happened is that they changed the rewards to the new ones about an hour or so after the reset. Then a bit later they noticed that they forgot to include the exclusive girl's shards in the new rewards, and they've hot-fixed that in. So, there are three groups:

1. Players who claimed their rewards shortly after reset time got the old rewards.
  2. Players who claimed their rewards just a bit later got the new rewards, bar the girl shards.
  3. Players who claimed (or will claim) their rewards after the hotfix got (or will get) the full new rewards, including girl shards.

This could have been planned better. Depending on each payer's perspective, it might be preferable to be in either group 1 or 3. Group 2 got the worst of both worlds, so to speak, although that window didn't last long so there shouldn't be too many cases. There were a couple of similar cases reported so far. Hence the support ticket recommendation.

Honestly, it didn't even occur to me that rewards already earned for the previous league could be affected by the change for future rewards. I guess the rewards themselves are not stored as such until claimed, then. The game just stores what rank you ended up in, and then it generates your reward when you click to claim them, based on what the listed rewards are at that time. Knowing that, it could have been better to wait for a few days before updating the rewards.

Edit: I've moved the two posts I'm answering to as well as my answer from the "How You Doing in the Leagues" thread, as this seemed more relevant here (and indeed other have asked about or mentioned those issues here as well).

Additionally, there was another short window during which the new rewards were in but with incorrect koban amounts for most spots (smaller than planned). It's been reported separately there, and if you've been affected by that, please send a support ticket as well.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Added information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 10/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, DvDivXXX said:

✂️This could have been planned better.✂️

Indeed.  Thank you for supplying so many details! 🙌 Forgive me for quoting you to support my post here- I know there's nothing you personally can do and again I'm grateful for what you've already done!

• Players who claimed their rewards just a bit later got the new rewards, bar the girl shards

Yep, lucky me.  (HH.com; Support Ticket sent over 36 hours ago; no reply)

✂️Depending on each payer's perspective, it might be preferable to be in either group 1 or 3. Group 2 got the worst of both worlds, so to speak, although that window didn't last long so there shouldn't be too many cases.✂️

Note that as I write a clubmate in D1 JUST claimed League rewards- received the new ones EXCEPT for shards (zero)... for which their ranking had been eligible (I asked them to enter a Support ticket,too).  So perhaps this is more widespread than first thought? 🤷‍♂️

I'm hoping to get the shards that I should've received as other players did.  I mean, this is an "exclusive" girl after all! 🤬

However, this situation is such a cluster-fuck that affects the entire active player base that I can't imagine what would be "fair and equitable" for any given player at this point.  Not to mention the amount of time & effort Kinkoid Support will have to spend trying to sort out who claimed what when, what they should have gotten, and what (if they bothered to enter a Support ticket) they're asking for in compensation.

But fair doesn't always need to be equitable.  No player should be penalized (real or perceived) for compounding errors initiated by the developers.  The game moves on, resources are being spent, League positioning is being fought for, plans for next week (and possibly the next 5+ weeks!) are being made, etc.

Don't laugh- I already know the following suggestion will never happen but I'm a glutton for punishment so I gotta write it.

One easy and classy way to resolve the situation would be for Kinkoid to step up and grant a one-time, game-wide disbursement of current/new D3 #1 rewards (6 EPx1 orbs, 7,218 kobans, 14 Worship & x50 shards on Dolly) to each player active in the past League, period.

Yes, that's total overkill for nearly all of the player base, but it takes away every complaint, every feeling of being short-changed by every player resulting from this latest snafu.

• "But I expected my EPx10 orb!"  "Buy it."
  • "I was counting on those Kisses!"  "Buy them."
  • "I wanted that Worship!"  "Done."
  • "Other players have shards- why not me?"  "You're halfway there now- gratz."
  • "Whoa- I got (or will get) Dolly this week (or real soon)- what next?"  "Relax & enjoy, IDK."
  • "I would have changed my League (or not) had I known..."   "Whatever- you got the best reward in the game.  Do with that what you will- you wouldn't have earned anything close if you were previously in a position to change Leagues.  Enjoy!"
  • "But I already took #1 D3 & claimed the new rewards including x50 shards."  "Swell.  Now you have Dolly and you got the rewards in total that you'd have normally gotten one last time.  Good job!"
  • "Wow- I really made bank on this whole deal & didn't really need it all."  "Well, we wanted to make 100% sure that EVERYONE knows they're valued.  Thanks for playing our game & being part of our community.  Your next PoA is on us!"

This is all "soft currency" that doesn't directly cost the company money.  It might actually save hard costs by immediately relieving a burden from Support.  It might keep people (p2p or f2p) from rage-quitting.  Probably players will appreciate the good faith gesture and maybe even complain a little less about other changes.

No, it isn't equitable.  Some players still get more than others.  But no player loses anything, without a doubt.  And that's MORE than fair.

Mistakes happen.  We get it.  But none of this is our fault.  Please just try to make this right for all players, whatever you do, Kinkoid. 😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

6 hours ago, Hastur said:

Don't laugh- I already know the following suggestion will never happen

Sorry I laughed, but to be fair that's not what made me laugh. I was just sorry for you when I read your long and detailed fantasy-based description of what a company extremely dedicated to customer satisfaction above all might do in terms of good-will gesture and (over)compensation when something like this happens.

IRL, I've worked in online customer support for many years (for online games). I'd certainly rate Kinkoid below average on the scale from "super generous" to "super stingy" (nowhere near as stingy as Activision Blizzard and other much richer companies, though). But what you imagined here wouldn't even be on that scale, because I think companies that generous are either called "charities" or "bankrupt" instead. ^^

Anyway, what did make me laugh was this:

6 hours ago, Hastur said:

the amount of time & effort Kinkoid Support will have to spend trying to sort out who claimed what when, what they should have gotten, and what (if they bothered to enter a Support ticket) they're asking for in compensation.

This would already be pretty high on the generosity scale, but at the same time it would be ridiculously inefficient and no company with a large player base would ever go through the trouble of checking every last individual case in details when the same issue affects many (with good reason). Definitely not Kinkoid, but to be fair they wouldn't have the manpower or the time to do it if they really wanted to. So the fact that you imagined that being even a remote possibility is what made me laugh. ^^

They tend to resort to template-based quick replies even for isolated refund requests. This had big enough an impact and on enough VIP players that my guess is that the very big cases will be fully examined. But I wouldn't expect any proactive global compensation. And players who send a clear and detailed enough ticket shouldn't be difficult to handle at all.

There's basically three legit type of cases each easy enough to check and fix, imho: those who got new rewards without shards -> give them the shards; those who finished top 4, especially #1 but got new rewards -> give them the amount of kobans they missed out on; those who claimed their (new) rewards during the time koban amounts were incorrect -> same thing, credit the difference. I only see that happening for players who do send a ticket, ideally with screenshots and make a very clear and verifiable case.

If they get flooded with refund requests from players who would simply have preferred getting old rewards instead of the new ones or vice versa, that's not going to get granted and it might delay or even stop the work on cases that really warrant compensation. So I hope not everyone and their cousin sends a ticket based on personal preference instead of legit missing rewards.

7 hours ago, Hastur said:

Ticket sent over 36 hours ago; no reply

Kinkoid staff don't work on weekends, and obviously there's going to be a bigger backlog of support ticket this week than on any random week, so they're not likely to answer any ticket before Tuesday at the earliest (because Monday is a bank holiday). So that's absolutely normal and to be expected.

7 hours ago, Hastur said:

a clubmate in D1 JUST claimed League rewards- received the new ones EXCEPT for shards (zero)... for which their ranking had been eligible

That's a new one to me (because of the timing), and I hope it's an isolated case. Normally, any player claiming their rewards from Thursday evening (CET) onward should get the complete new rewards for their final rank.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sorry I laughed

Laughter is good for the soul!  I only claimed my suggestion was one option and an easy one at that; I know it's part of my delusional fantasies. 😆

There's basically three legit type of cases each easy enough to check and fix, imho: those who got new rewards without shards -> give them the shards; those who finished top 4, especially #1 but got new rewards -> give them the amount of kobans they missed out on; those who claimed their (new) rewards during the time koban amounts were incorrect -> same thing, credit the difference. I only see that happening for players who do send a ticket, ideally with screenshots and make a very clear and verifiable case.

Those are all realistic & good outcomes to hope for. 👍

If they get flooded with refund requests from players who would simply have preferred getting old rewards instead of the new ones or vice versa, that's not going to get granted and it might delay or even stop the work on cases that really warrant compensation. So I hope not everyone and their cousin sends a ticket based on personal preference instead of legit missing rewards.

Agreed.  I am afraid of this delaying legitimate, actionable requests and hopefully this is not the case.

They tend to resort to template-based quick replies even for isolated refund requests.

Kinkoid staff don't work on weekends, and obviously there's going to be a bigger backlog of support ticket this week than on any random week, so they're not likely to answer any ticket before Tuesday at the earliest (because Monday is a bank holiday). So that's absolutely normal and to be expected.

Considering the global nature of the issue, I was surprised that I'd not even received a canned acknowledgement but I have no doubt their staff was swamped trying to get patches in place, patching the patches & having people investigate & answer what they could.  I knew about the weekend time off, was not aware of the bank holiday.  Good to know, thanks! 👍

That's a new one to me (because of the timing), and I hope it's an isolated case.

Me too.  It, personal frustration and a severe lack of sleep led me down this rabbit hole.

Thank you for acknowledging what I wrote with professionalism & sincerity.  I think I felt the need to react to what seemed to me as a poorly planned & disastrously executed implementation with a ludicrous "solution" of my own.

Let's hope that all legitimate issues are resolved in short order & that future rollouts can avoid similar bad results by better planning.  I'll quit derailing this thread now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hastur said:

Let's hope that all legitimate issues are resolved in short order & that future rollouts can avoid similar bad results by better planning.  I'll quit derailing this thread now.

Hope is a tricky bitch. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst 😉

About the whole change.. Whatever.. More on the negative side.. It affects the top players, mostly (who still have thousands of kobans and a handful of x10 epic orbs stashed). It takes away the will to compete for catching-ups.. which is really bad. The change for low-levels is whatever, really.. If you're beyond level 300 (or so), the most profit you can get a month is through daily contests (apart from the daily missions rewards). If you're a bit competitive, of couse (and not living in NA). If you're not competitive (and either not participate in the tower or do it very casualy), then it's still whatever, cause you won't benefit that much from the increased rewards (not even 1 girl to get koban-wise per month).

If you're above level 300 and entered D1 or trying to enter D2 then rewards either not changed at all, or got worse (15-30 spot, 31-45 spot), so yeah, whatever. Another change for a change.

Rewards for D3 (16-30, 31-45) got better, though. But, at the same time, brand new iteration of B.D.S.M. got released. It gives even more advantage for people with 800 or more girls in Harem. It forces people, who promoted there because of the previous B.D.S.M. iteration (increased battle outcome volatility ending in more losses), to demote back to D2, cause now they are unfavoured due to passive bonuses. 🙈🙉🙊🤷‍♂️

Mythic gilrs are still highly overpriced, shards restricted and absolutely mandatory for the competition in the Tower at higher levels 🤦‍♂️ (don't bless them at least!), mythic books and affection items are not available outside of the shop for kobans, mythic boosters are whatever (don't do much harm at least). Mythic girl + PoA paid path (those girls are not gonna return for a forseable future due to the devs new policy of exclusivity.. PoA girls didn't see alot of return beforehand either) are still hard to catch up even for a paying customer (for the season path), not to mention other expenses through the month... 🤷‍♂️

And now, please, tell me, how are we gonna catch them all?

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 3

Update: It is no longer advised to send a support ticket for missing rewards further to the recent league rewards change on Thursday. Kinkoid is aware of the issue, and the reply quoted below applies for such cases.

(Please don't shoot the messenger).

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the updates to the Leagues. Please be advised that we will not be changing rewards given out to players for the leagues.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Update: It is no longer advised to send a support ticket for missing rewards further to the recent league rewards change on Thursday. Kinkoid is aware of the issue, and the reply quoted below applies for such cases.

(Please don't shoot the messenger).

Seems a little harsh. I got new rewards but no shards. Didn't think to put in support ticket at time, assumed everyone was in same boat (new rewards no shards). Yes I know I should have checked, silly me.

So has it been announced if we now have 5 weeks to collect shards for Dolly ? If so a second blow for those who didn't receive them when they should. Maybe the 6 week countdown could start this week, giving everyone the same chance to obtain a never to be seen again girl ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Incubys said:

Seems a little harsh. I got new rewards but no shards. Didn't think to put in support ticket at time, assumed everyone was in same boat (new rewards no shards). Yes I know I should have checked, silly me.

So has it been announced if we now have 5 weeks to collect shards for Dolly ? If so a second blow for those who didn't receive them when they should. Maybe the 6 week countdown could start this week, giving everyone the same chance to obtain a never to be seen again girl ?

The timer started when the new league round started and people early enough got the old league rewards so should still be 6 weeks.

Just make sure you get as many shards for dolly as you can even if you cannot get enough just in case dating tokens return some time in the future but even if they do no guarantee you will be able to use them on her

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, natstar said:

The timer started when the new league round started and people early enough got the old league rewards so should still be 6 weeks.

Just make sure you get as many shards for dolly as you can even if you cannot get enough just in case dating tokens return some time in the future but even if they do no guarantee you will be able to use them on her

Thank you for confirming that, though that would in itself cause problems, as the people that received shards for the last league will have 7 weeks to obtain her, over those that did not

Edited by Incubys

Just to put everyone's mind at ease. It's not because Kinkoid don't want to do it. It's because they can't. I had troubles with league rewards in the past and guess what. They have only 1 line of information for such problem: that you received rewards. That's it. It doesn't say which rewards. Only the fact that you got them. So they probably can't solve this issue, because they can't distinguish between 4 different types of players who got different rewards.

For reference, 4 types are: 1) old rewards 2) new rewards 3) new rewards without girl 4) new rewards without girl and with wrong amount of kobans(D3 had a bug with rewards lower than D2 for some time)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Just to put everyone's mind at ease. It's not because Kinkoid don't want to do it. It's because they can't. I had troubles with league rewards in the past and guess what. They have only 1 line of information for such problem: that you received rewards. That's it. It doesn't say which rewards. Only the fact that you got them. So they probably can't solve this issue, because they can't distinguish between 4 different types of players who got different rewards.

For reference, 4 types are: 1) old rewards 2) new rewards 3) new rewards without girl 4) new rewards without girl and with wrong amount of kobans(D3 had a bug with rewards lower than D2 for some time)

That's fine, but it is unfair. I'm assuming it's because they started to put into place the new rewards for subsequent leagues before everyone had claimed the previous leagues rewards ? If so why implemented them so soon, they had a whole week to do so.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Incubys said:

Dolly.thumb.jpg.20eb583d97f941bd41d555e3e5ab5500.jpg

Didn't think to turn the script off, apologies. However doesn't change the fact anyone granted shards at the end of the last league has an advantage in gaining Dolly

You can update the script, that is fixed.

However, does that mean in 5 1/2 weeks of time I have again the choice (and have to be careful when claiming the rewards)? Claiming the rewards early, will I get the last shards of Dolly if needed? If not needed, can I just wait to receive the first shards of her successor?

• Like 3
  • Surprised :O 1

8 minutes ago, Bobick said:

You can update the script, that is fixed.

However, does that mean in 5 1/2 weeks of time I have again the choice (and have to be careful when claiming the rewards)? Claiming the rewards early, will I get the last shards of Dolly if needed? If not needed, can I just wait to receive the first shards of her successor?

Thanks for the prompt, working fine now 👍

Good question about future shard drops at end of cycles will be interesting to see what happens